Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:30:24 AM

It looks like we WILL get the PSU for our Compensation units. Black Arrow- Don't go back on this!

Compensation
Currently we are unable to raise the compensation more than announced previously. The final decision will be made after we complete all deliveries in order to calculate the yield and our final costs.
However, we have done all preliminary calculations possible right now and due to our design focused on quality including:
-8 layer PCBs
-heatpipe heatsinks
-aluminium case
-included power supply
-long life 4 wire 5000 RPM fans
-genuine parts (capacitors, resistors, mosfets, inductors etc)
-capacitors that cannot not explode

Everyone- save your emails that state this, they will have no choice but to include the PSU, and probably refund everyone who has paid for extras.

I'm curious to see the price drop one they start shipping. I'll buy up a bunch of X-3's @ 1.5BTC a piece. If they're able to beat Bitmain's price, they may just be able to make enough to reward Batch 1 and 2 customers AND possibly fund a new project. Hopefully they'll hire proper PR people and stop the pre-order BS.

If they're very careful and play their cards right, they can take this (very) rough first run, learn from it, hire the right people, (like me) and redeem themselves.

For some reason I see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel.

That's not what they mean. What they mean is that because they included a PSU in their device (unlike S1/S3/etc) they wont have money for much compensation.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:36:16 AM

It looks like we WILL get the PSU for our Compensation units. Black Arrow- Don't go back on this!

Compensation
Currently we are unable to raise the compensation more than announced previously. The final decision will be made after we complete all deliveries in order to calculate the yield and our final costs.
However, we have done all preliminary calculations possible right now and due to our design focused on quality including:
-8 layer PCBs
-heatpipe heatsinks
-aluminium case
-included power supply
-long life 4 wire 5000 RPM fans

Everyone- save your emails that state this, they will have no choice but to include the PSU, and probably refund everyone who has paid for extras.

I'm curious to see the price drop one they start shipping. I'll buy up a bunch of X-3's @ 1.5BTC a piece. If they're able to beat Bitmain's price, they may just be able to make enough to reward Batch 1 and 2 customers AND possibly fund a new project. Hopefully they'll hire proper PR people and stop the pre-order BS.

If they're very careful and play their cards right, they can take this (very) rough first run, learn from it, hire the right people, (like me) and redeem themselves.

For some reason I see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel.

That's not what they mean. What they mean is that because they included a PSU in their device (unlike S1/S3/etc) they wont have money for much compensation.

Well I'm trying to look on the bright side and convince myself and Black arrow that there is a small possibility of things working out in the long run. Amongst all the negativity, which I too am guilty of, I'm trying to look at things with more positivity and hope the positive energy rubs off on others.

Also, with the broken english and grammar in these updates, it's sometimes hard to determine exactly what they mean sometimes. Like when David said that the backplanes were fixed and in production, but they have handmade backplanes for testing....some of the info given is convoluted, ya know?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:41:24 AM

So now BA=HashFail2. They should have offered chips for their non-deliverable miners in the first 2-3 weeks when they found out that there is an X3 backplane problem. I am sure that the community would've assembled some miners much faster than BA.

Judging from the past experiences my advice would be to take the chips as fast as you can and have them assembled on boards. Getting a refund would take ages and it seems that getting miners is the same.

Good luck.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:37:13 AM

They did offer 4Th/s in straight hash boards or 70 ASICs back in May. Both options were throwing good money and time after bad so-to-speak. It also included possibly critical technical information being withheld.

The good news I see here is that the wofully inadequate 50% compensation says they may actually intend to deliver something and not just straight up take the money.

Hash boards without a backplane?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:43:05 AM

Chip cost 0.575$ Gh/s and 0.49$ Gh/s for +4400PCS.

You can get a full miner for well under $1 Gh/s.

Think carefully about your next move people and do the calculations especially in time to get something made and delivered as well as efficiency the device you intend or have made for you at the wall. The numbers are tight at best. Volume is the only way you can get the costs down. There is limited stock obviously. Please be careful out there when taking chips in lieu of miners.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:58:55 AM

In the end.. when it comes to compensation. I just hope they remember who of us ordered directly from them and not through a reseller. aka. Who they are making their $ on.
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:09:53 PM

So the surprise that Black Arrow was holding back is the fact that they won't price match their competitors and they can't offer any more compensation? Was this really any surprise or just expected?

it doesn't surprise me at all.

they've been delaying further info  on the compensation until ship time with the explanation that it made no sense to talk about it until that point.  stringing people along.

it's what they've been doing since January and probably even before that, when they knew there was a problem with the initial date and waited until shortly before delivery to disclose that fact.

let's recap.  this is all from memory, as I'm not going back through this whole thread to reconstruct their bullshit, so this may be a little off.  I'll leave that to the lawyers and anyone else that would like to correct any of this.

1.  February was a conservative ship date.
2.  they would meet competitor pricing at ship time or offer equivalent compensation, or some such thing.  it's been such a long strange trip even I've forgotten what they've promised, but I know this ain't it
3.  They were two weeks ahead "last I heard" until shortly before delivery, at which point they had essentially nothing, hadn't hashed a hash or even taped out their ASIC.  They offered some cloud hashing BS as compensation.  Could not do anything more.  No way.  Too Broke (but we're working on a scrypt miner)
4.  Then it was May 1 delivery and an additional Th/s unit (but no power supply) and they continued to promise to keep the above promises with respect to $/Gh at shipping and there would be some surprise.
5.  Then oops our backplane doesn't work, but don't worry we're working day and night on this and will still meet our other promises.
6.  And here we are, a delay of ~4.5 months, which is longer than the time from when most people ordered to expected delivery and they have reneged on their other promises and, again, screwed people on compensation after telling them they were simply waiting to ship to update that portion of things.  Again, there's just nothing they can do (you  should believe us this time, although we were clearly full of crap last time)

but no, no lies here.  as far as I'm concerned this has been an obvious and concerted effort to string people along the entire time and they are now selling a unit that's worth about 3k to people for 6K, tossing in a minimal bone and calling it even.  that's utter bullshit.  fraud?  I dunno, you'll have to make your own judgements I suppose on whether or not this was an orchestrated attempt to keep the suckers onboard.  I know I'm filing complaints with every government agency I can find.

and for the couple/few nuthugging fools that were on here defending these people this entire time and berating those of us that were pointing this out all along as if we were paranoid tinfoil hat wearing assholes.  you are the biggest morons of them all.  

Yep, +1

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:17:06 PM

Tracking received as promised.

Cheap chips for sale until mid week. If no one buys them by then, I'll send them on to technobit for assembly. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=680059.msg7710619#msg7710619
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:35:12 PM

Chip cost 0.575$ Gh/s and 0.49$ Gh/s for +4400PCS.

You can get a full miner for well under $1 Gh/s.

Think carefully about your next move people and do the calculations especially in time to get something made and delivered as well as efficiency the device you intend or have made for you at the wall. The numbers are tight at best. Volume is the only way you can get the costs down. There is limited stock obviously. Please be careful out there when taking chips in lieu of miners.

people like to have 100% ROI promises instead of 10% ROI realities with ready to ship miners
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:19:00 PM

Just left mine.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
primer10

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:21:37 PM

What a joke, a long one that is..

fixing things we do not need, even then, still no delivery.

said their own forum too depressing to read .. WTF.
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Read it cafefully!!  'Capacitors that cannot not explode'  That's a double negative which mean they will positively explode !!!

It's really a bit of a joke though because if the device was designed correctly there would be no reason for the caps to explode anyway!!  They make it sound as if they are a really volatile device which would only be the case if they were cheap or under-rated for the application.

The capacitors that cannot not explode, commonly known as constant variable capacitors, are connected to resistors designed to perform up to 98.6% of specs or less. The fans are connected to servo motors, thus having the ability to collect the heat, rotating up to 180o to blow it away, then returning to optimal position to capture more heat and repeat the process. The 128 flashing LEDs serve no purpose, but it's killer to look at, especially from a distance, consuming only a few extra watts. The aluminum cases are heat-resistant up to the melting point of aluminum. Included are two ports for filmware - input and output. To protect the loyal customers' investments, manuals were encoded in hillbillish Klingon twice daily during 4:20 hookah sessions at BA's undisclosed Romanian facility, decipherable via a scytale and available at a nominal price point. BA may or may not include no stinkin' PSUs or power cords, so why don't you amigos be a little bit more polite... and quit knockin' our English because we know a question mark ends this sentence because the word 'why' was used within, so there!?

With mention of Hookahs with the Romanian... you've GOT to be PG.. c'mon... it's ok, you can come out of hiding and say you were right Wink

Vcore

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

The compensation is awfully inadequate unless we take the just give me the chips route and then it means trusting someone else to assemble them, extra delays, laying out extra money and so on.

But I have one idea that might work for us and for black arrow. Add free minions to the compensation package, I am sure that you can make them for cheap, we could try selling them or sending them to technobit.

I understand that any sort of engineering project can see delays and extra expenses so I don't doubt your word that you just can't give us more X3s but some chips wouldn't be such a burden as a fully assembled miner and it would make a difference for us and might somewhat save your public image.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

Read it cafefully!!  'Capacitors that cannot not explode'  That's a double negative which mean they will positively explode !!!

It's really a bit of a joke though because if the device was designed correctly there would be no reason for the caps to explode anyway!!  They make it sound as if they are a really volatile device which would only be the case if they were cheap or under-rated for the application.

The capacitors that cannot not explode, commonly known as constant variable capacitors, are connected to resistors designed to perform up to 98.6% of specs or less. The fans are connected to servo motors, thus having the ability to collect the heat, rotating up to 180o to blow it away, then returning to optimal position to capture more heat and repeat the process. The 128 flashing LEDs serve no purpose, but it's killer to look at, especially from a distance, consuming only a few extra watts. The aluminum cases are heat-resistant up to the melting point of aluminum. Included are two ports for filmware - input and output. To protect the loyal customers' investments, manuals were encoded in hillbillish Klingon twice daily during 4:20 hookah sessions at BA's undisclosed Romanian facility, decipherable via a scytale and available at a nominal price point. BA may or may not include no stinkin' PSUs or power cords, so why don't you amigos be a little bit more polite... and quit knockin' our English because we know a question mark ends this sentence because the word 'why' was used within, so there!?

How many alts do you have Mister Gage?!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I guess it's wise to post under a guise in this particular thread.  Blackarrow would just delete your post instantaneously, once they smell your musk!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:20:22 PM

I just got an email that they won't refund me until the units from blackarrow are shipped, wtf? I have been promised a refund in May and again in June both never came. And both times minersource sent me an email with excuses why they can't refund me.

This is really frustrating, and I don't get frustrated easily.

Just send me a refund so I can leave this pre-order mess behind us.

sorehammer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

Bobsag3 any news on the shipment chap just want to get the BA fiasco over.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:33:57 PM

Have 5 large fright shipments on my UPS account, 1 one @ 220KG has been picked up and moving, nothing on the other 4 yet. As well I have sever orders of chips on the way for anyone that wants to convert their order.
sorehammer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:36:33 PM

Can i convert my comp x1 to chips and get the psu refunded

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:36:48 PM

Have 5 large fright shipments on my UPS account, 1 one @ 220KG has been picked up and moving, nothing on the other 4 yet. As well I have sever orders of chips on the way for anyone that wants to convert their order.

Bobsag I got an email my refund was delayed for the 2nd time, it should have been send today, how long before your company starts sending out refunds again?

btcminer84

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:48:32 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 07:02:43 PM by btcminer84

and just how in the hell does BlackArrow account still have a positive trust rating?

I posted my negative feedback just a couple days ago, at that point I was the only one who had commented against them.  I encourage everyone to do the same.

Yeah! Post #6666 is nice. Done:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=105804
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: