Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:29:42 AM

root@antMiner:/etc/config# cat asic-freq
package 'cgminer'

config 'asic-freq' 'default'
        #option 'freq_value'      '0780'        #400M
        #option 'freq_value'    '4d81'  #350M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '350'
        option 'timeout'        '40'
        #option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '325'
        option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350M
        option 'chip_freq'      '350'
        #option 'freq_value'    '0580'  #300M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '300'
        #option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'
        #option 'freq_value'    '4f02'  #190M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '190'
root@antMiner:/etc/config#

Bismarckbkk

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:39:59 AM

Looks normal, pm sushi. He will do a teamviewer session with you trying to fix it.

I think most likely your miner is fine as theyre the exact same bugs mine showed.

1EPhcyv9GPcCwwbtVt3a3nwC1o4pn67bax
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:00:43 AM

I'd hope it's physically fine. I'd like to avoid the time waste of a RMA process, although if it has to come to that I'd go for it as I paid for 180 GH and I expect to get at least that. I PM'ed sushi. I bet he is sleeping now - the poor guy is overworked - so I shall have to wait it out.

I'll see if I can swing by the place where I'm hosting this miner and place it on it's own dedicated PSU. That may do the trick - or so I hope.

Bismarckbkk

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:12:25 AM

Good luck, I hope you can fix it asap. You will get a return if not, i was offered one.

1EPhcyv9GPcCwwbtVt3a3nwC1o4pn67bax
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 08:07:29 AM

Good luck, I hope you can fix it asap. You will get a return if not, i was offered one.

Thanks. I hope so too. As for return I'm glad to see Bitmain taking care of their customers.

ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:15:26 AM

Thanks. I hope so too. As for return I'm glad to see Bitmain taking care of their customers.

I had something similar on my first Ant which uses more power than my second at the wall. I had a 1000W PSU that didn't provide enough amps to both blades as it seemed that both power feeds came from the same rail. I powered up the Ant with just blade 1 and it worked fine, a bag full of O's. In the end I had two old 450W Corsairs, one powering each blade but I had to power on, get a bag of X's and then reboot from the console. PSU's and their ability to deliver amps seems really important for these Ant's.

Now I have a CoolerMaster SilentPro Hybrid 1050W running two Ant's drawing 815W at the wall.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
sushi (OP)

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:12:57 PM

If you think one of your blade is not functioning, please let me know I will have Bitmain send you the replacement blade then send the damaged one back to their return address.

I'm suspecting it's the PSU that is causing the x. 

quick way to test is to disconnect the 1st blade, replace it with the 2nd blade, power it on and see it hashes away or it gives you the same problem.  If it runs and hashes away at 80-90 GHS range, then it's the PSU causing the issues.

SUSHI.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:04:15 PM

Is anyone else running into high loads (CPU) on their Ant's?

It looks like if I run them long enough without a reboot, the load becomes so high that even logging into the GUI is tricky. I have had to do a reboot to get them running again

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:11:22 PM

If you think one of your blade is not functioning, please let me know I will have Bitmain send you the replacement blade then send the damaged one back to their return address.

quick way to test is to disconnect the 1st blade, replace it with the 2nd blade, power it on and see it hashes away or it gives you the same problem.  If it runs and hashes away at 80-90 GHS range, then it's the PSU causing the issues.

SUSHI.

I'm definitely going to try that. First I will try powering the entire unit on it's own PSU. That seems to me like the easiest most logical next step. I'll get back to you either by the end of today or tomorrow. I'll try to find the cause today as this is pretty time sensitive.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:24:31 PM

Sushi, is there a way to identify and differentiate between the two blades. For example, which one is chain one and which one is chain two. Are the blades labelled or is there some logic followed like for example chain one being the left blade and 2 being the right..etc

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

quick way to test is to disconnect the 1st blade, replace it with the 2nd blade, power it on and see it hashes away or it gives you the same problem.  If it runs and hashes away at 80-90 GHS range, then it's the PSU causing the issues.

SUSHI.

I'm definitely going to try that. First I will try powering the entire unit on it's own PSU. That seems to me like the easiest most logical next step. I'll get back to you either by the end of today or tomorrow. I'll try to find the cause today as this is pretty time sensitive.

You should keep it off for awhile. Maybe 1-2 hours and then give it a try again with a different psu

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:29:45 PM

I had something similar on my first Ant which uses more power than my second at the wall. I had a 1000W PSU that didn't provide enough amps to both blades as it seemed that both power feeds came from the same rail. I powered up the Ant with just blade 1 and it worked fine, a bag full of O's. In the end I had two old 450W Corsairs, one powering each blade but I had to power on, get a bag of X's and then reboot from the console. PSU's and their ability to deliver amps seems really important for these Ant's.

Now I have a CoolerMaster SilentPro Hybrid 1050W running two Ant's drawing 815W at the wall.

In my case one of the blades has a bag full of Os, but the second has a 60% empty bag lol. So maybe the PSU hasn't got the juice to feed the second blade fully. The other unit being powered by the same PSU is working perfectly; lots of Os Smiley

This OCZ PSU I'm using is supposed to have a 80A 12V rail.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:38:21 PM

Sushi, is there a way to identify and differentiate between the two blades. For example, which one is chain one and which one is chain two. Are the blades labelled or is there some logic followed like for example chain one being the left blade and 2 being the right..etc

the string of 'x' or 'o' that includes a fan speed and is the upper of the 2 is the board that the control board is attached too. The second line is the board opposite the control board/module

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:12:21 PM

Ok, well, I guess I found the source of the problem - the left side (aka blade #2) on that unit is bad. I had the unit on by itself on the same PSU as the fully working unit. Yes I did disconnect the other unit entirely. The faulty unit was all by its lonesome. Left the miner cool for a few minutes, powered it on - the same xxxxx on the second module. I tried powering just the faulty blade alone, but I guess the first blade needs to be one as it seems the controller board is fed through it so the unit will not power on fully without the "master" blade.

ASIC# says 16 for the faulty blade, so half of the chips are not functional, although if you go by counting x's and o's more than half are throwing errors or non functional.

xxxxxoxo xoxoxoxo xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Swapping the PSU at this stage would be a pointless exercise.

I will be asking Sushi to talk with bitmain to see if they can send me a replacement blade.

Thanks to all those who've come up with suggestions.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:17:55 PM

SUSHI.

sushi, check your PM. I requested to have Bitmain send me a replacement blade. Thanks.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:21:26 PM

Ok, well, I guess I found the source of the problem - the left side (aka blade #2) on that unit is bad. I had the unit on by itself on the same PSU as the fully working unit. Yes I did disconnect the other unit entirely. The faulty unit was all by its lonesome. Left the miner cool for a few minutes, powered it on - the same xxxxx on the second module. I tried powering just the faulty blade alone, but I guess the first blade needs to be one as it seems the controller board is fed through it so the unit will not power on fully without the "master" blade.

ASIC# says 16 for the faulty blade, so half of the chips are not functional, although if you go by counting x's and o's more than half are throwing errors or non functional.

so you are running a single antminer on what PSU? (brand, model, wattage, etc)

alternatively, use a multimeter and check the volatge on the bad board. to do this:
red (+) probe goes to the bottom connection of the large grey cube-shaped inductor (there are 4 of these per blade, test on all 4 on the bad side please)
black (-) probe goes to any of the small copper dots on the board marked with 'GND', or to the GND terminals for your PSU cables

you should see 1.10V on all 4 inductors. if not, it narrows down the possible sources/causes of the problem.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:31:39 PM

any idea whats the CFM of the fan ?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 09:45:11 PM

so you are running a single antminer on what PSU? (brand, model, wattage, etc)

alternatively, use a multimeter and check the volatge on the bad board. to do this:
red (+) probe goes to the bottom connection of the large grey cube-shaped inductor (there are 4 of these per blade, test on all 4 on the bad side please)
black (-) probe goes to any of the small copper dots on the board marked with 'GND', or to the GND terminals for your PSU cables

you should see 1.10V on all 4 inductors. if not, it narrows down the possible sources/causes of the problem.

I mentioned the brand model wattage before..It's an OCZ EliteXstream 1000W, 1000 watts single 12v rail.  Hmm, well I'm going to the hosting location today and I'll bring my multimeter with me. I'm going to note down what you said about the voltage test points.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:47:20 PM

any idea whats the CFM of the fan ?

i want to replace them with some silent ones, but need to know the CFM, anyone knows ?
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:52:20 PM

use min 100cfm and ~3000 rpm (pwm). But I suggest to use 2 fan. One is connected to the miner and regulated with pwm mode.
Other is placed on opposite side, soaking air out and powered direct from PDU molex at highest speed (its silent so it wont be so laud).
Or you can power them both at higest speed and from PDU, no need of connecting to the miner fan connector and pwm regulation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: