Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 09:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452156 times)
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

My Antminer shuts down after like 20 seconds.

I have tried everything I can think of.

Tried all wires I can think of to connect the green and black wires.
Tried paper clip and whatnot.
Tried running only 1 blade.
Tried cutting the green&black wires and connecting that way.
Tried several PSUs from 650 to 1250W

Anyone? Huh

worst case scenario.  try a hard reset.
If it was running fine and has just started mucking about, then my guess is not the psu (as others also don't work), but perhaps the fan? Is the fan switching on at all? If not it could be a built in shut-off when the temps get too high. Do the green lights on the boards come on at any stage i.e. do they start hashing before they turn off? These chips heat up very quickly and if there's no cooling it should shut off (I would hope). Can you get the fan to run at full speed by removing the blue wire?

You could also try unplugging both boards and just starting up the controller board to see if you can connect to the gui, or if that's your problem.

Edit: oops, just realized you can't run the controller board, without supplying it with power somehow...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:40:58 AM

So I was trying to use the 'Restore to default' setting in my ANTminer today and it restarted automatically like it was supposed to but it doesn't let me log in. I shows the black LuCi screen and then moves to a page cannot be loaded screen.

I am tried used the hard reset by jumping the wires but it does not work. Has anyone had the same problem?
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:20:25 AM

So I was trying to use the 'Restore to default' setting in my ANTminer today and it restarted automatically like it was supposed to but it doesn't let me log in. I shows the black LuCi screen and then moves to a page cannot be loaded screen.

I am tried used the hard reset by jumping the wires but it does not work. Has anyone had the same problem?
I find when doing a hard reset or sometimes even when changing settings, the miner needs to be powered off and on again or it hangs like you say. Otherwise check your router and maybe give it a restart and check all the network cables are properly plugged in. I also found this when 2 of my router ports were faulty.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
SockMunkee

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

Hello All,

I'm in need of some advice-

Okay, so my little AntMiner boots up and I can get into the GUI.

However, it's not hashing.  NO info in the mining status and it's quiet as a mouse.  The fan is on (low speed) and one green LED is blinking at me.  I  don't see the one green LED blinking fast (the one that signifies that it is actually hashing).

Could it be a bad ASIC or my control board?

I tested with two PSUs (one 600w and one 850w) to no avail.  No Overclocking - just factory speed.  I also did a few factory defaults to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

Hello All,

However, it's not hashing.  NO info in the mining status and it's quiet as a mouse.  The fan is on (low speed) and one green LED is blinking at me.  I  don't see the one green LED blinking fast (the one that signifies that it is actually hashing).

I tested with two PSUs (one 600w and one 850w) to no avail.  No Overclocking - just factory speed.  I also did a few factory defaults to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

That sounds to me like there's no internet connection... it usually comes with a beeping sound, but not always. You have the lan cable plugged into the router right?

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:42:55 AM

As for PSUs- sidehacks dell server psu adaptors are the shit. I have over 60 ants powered by them, 1 PSU power 2 ants with no problem, no warm wires nada. And for the price- unbeatable.
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:45:06 AM

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

That sounds to me like there's no internet connection... it usually comes with a beeping sound, but not always. You have the lan cable plugged into the router right?
And you have entered pool info in the gui and saved and restarted?

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
SockMunkee

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:10:24 AM

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

Yes, LAN cable plugged in.  Yes, correct pool info inputed and saved.  will do a restart again.  Plugged on a hard wire to router.  Maybe, I should try wifi bridge
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:14:04 AM

Hello All,

However, it's not hashing.  NO info in the mining status and it's quiet as a mouse.  The fan is on (low speed) and one green LED is blinking at me.  I  don't see the one green LED blinking fast (the one that signifies that it is actually hashing).

I tested with two PSUs (one 600w and one 850w) to no avail.  No Overclocking - just factory speed.  I also did a few factory defaults to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, LAN cable plugged in.  Yes, correct pool info inputed and saved.  will do a restart again.  Plugged on a hard wire to router.  Maybe, I should try wifi bridge
There should be no need to set up wifi or a wifi bridge. After a hard reset, you should be able to go to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and go into the gui, disable NTP and add your pool info and that should be enough. Make sure you're saving and applying the settings when you do.

Edit: also make sure you have the WAN set to disable DHCP [DNS: 8.8.8.8] and the LAN set to DHCP Client.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
nairb131

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:29:27 AM

I find when doing a hard reset or sometimes even when changing settings, the miner needs to be powered off and on again or it hangs like you say. Otherwise check your router and maybe give it a restart and check all the network cables are properly plugged in. I also found this when 2 of my router ports were faulty.

It isn't an internet problem, I am hooked into it through the ethernet. It shows the black LuCi screen then nothing.
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

It isn't an internet problem, I am hooked into it through the ethernet. It shows the black LuCi screen then nothing.
As, I think dropt mentioned in another thread; it could be a cached screen that you're seeing from the old ip address. Press ctrl+F5 to load it fresh and see if you still see it.

The other alternative is to log in to your router to check the miner's address, or to use an ip scanner to scan the network.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:39:30 AM

As for PSUs- sidehacks dell server psu adaptors are the shit. I have over 60 ants powered by them, 1 PSU power 2 ants with no problem, no warm wires nada. And for the price- unbeatable.

Gotta link Huh I have 2 Ants coming & have an 850 watt PSU waiting,but if that's a better solution  Wink

Nevermind I found it...duh  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379677.0

Thanks anywho  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
SockMunkee

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:55:02 AM

Hello All,

However, it's not hashing.  NO info in the mining status and it's quiet as a mouse.  The fan is on (low speed) and one green LED is blinking at me.  I  don't see the one green LED blinking fast (the one that signifies that it is actually hashing).

I tested with two PSUs (one 600w and one 850w) to no avail.  No Overclocking - just factory speed.  I also did a few factory defaults to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, LAN cable plugged in.  Yes, correct pool info inputed and saved.  will do a restart again.  Plugged on a hard wire to router.  Maybe, I should try wifi bridge
There should be no need to set up wifi or a wifi bridge. After a hard reset, you should be able to go to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and go into the gui, disable NTP and add your pool info and that should be enough. Make sure you're saving and applying the settings when you do.

Edit: also make sure you have the WAN set to disable DHCP [DNS: 8.8.8.8] and the LAN set to DHCP Client.

Okay, thanks.  Yup, that was it...the InterWeb connection settings.  Many thanks!
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

Okay, thanks.  Yup, that was it...the InterWeb connection settings.  Many thanks!
My pleasure... happy hashing Grin

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
cxboyminer

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:32:38 AM

I got my machine hooked to my computer then uses its wifi for internet.

I am still not mining.

I can ping the machine from my computer and my machine to openwrt.org

I saved everything.

Thanks

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:39:59 AM

I got my machine hooked to my computer then uses its wifi for internet.

I am still not mining.

I can ping the machine from my computer and my machine to openwrt.org

I saved everything.

Thanks
I know this might sound stupid, but turn it off at the PSU and wait 30 seconds and turn it on again... sometimes when I've changed settings it hangs like that if it's not fully rebooted.

Make sure it's not still connected to your computer or the LAN will mess with Wifi

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
adz7

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:19:51 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 01:22:36 PM by adz7

Sushi's Group Buy Website
BTC 1.90 each
http://www.sushi-review.com

1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P

Please look at near the cooling fan on the AntMiner.  You’ll find a white sticker with an IP address printed on it.  (Example: 192.168.2.125)

Set your computer's IP address to the following:

IP Address: 192.168.2.254
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1

For the DNS Setting:  Select “Obtain DNS server address automatically

Hi all,

When connecting the Ethernet cable from my Antminer to my computer, I unfortunately only have one Ethernet slot in my computer which is currently being taken up by my Internet - which is connected via a Router that Telstra (Australian ISP company) provided to me.

Does it make a difference if I connect the Ethernet cable from my AntMiner to the Router?

The reason why I ask, is because once I get to the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties where I click on "Use the following IP Address" and type in;

IP Address: 192.168.2.254
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1

I am not able to change the DNS Setting to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" as this option becomes ghosted once I select the above option to "Use the following IP address:"

However, if I select 'Obtain an IP address automatically' then I am unable to select "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

Am I doing something wrong here?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

Am not sure this will work ( i dont have my ant yet)

but my plan is ( it may help you )

I have an old router, that I shall set to 192.168.2.1 (or whatever)

connect my PC by dhcp and the ant to my old router.

Make the necessary changes in the ant for my normal network with a static IP ( all my gear has static IP's so i know where they are).

reconnect PC and Ant to my home network.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
adz7

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:21:11 PM

Make the necessary changes in the ant for my normal network with a static IP ( all my gear has static IP's so i know where they are).

Hmm, I think I am missing something.. My ethernet cable runs from my pc to my router. I can't run any more ethernet cables to my pc as my pc only has 1 ethernet slot for the cable to fit in.

The network cable from the antminer runs to the router.

But for some reason I receive an error saying:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to (the ip address of my miner)

Try reloading: (the ip address of my miner)

Any help at all would be very much appreciated Sad

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:28:48 PM

Hmm, I think I am missing something.. My ethernet cable runs from my pc to my router. I can't run any more ethernet cables to my pc as my pc only has 1 ethernet slot for the cable to fit in.

The network cable from the antminer runs to the router.

But for some reason I receive an error saying:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to (the ip address of my miner)

Try reloading: (the ip address of my miner)

Any help at all would be very much appreciated Sad

You need to connect the Ethernet cable to the miner first and go to: 192.168.1.99 (or whatever address is on your miner) and log in and set up your pool settings and all the other things mentioned in sushi's post you've mentioned. Then you can unplug the cable and plug it into the router for the miner to start mining.

Note that if you are setting the IPV4 in windows for your pc Ethernet connection, you cannot set it to the same as the miner, so in windows you should have something like 192.168.1.2, it can't be the same as your miner.

Also note that 192.168.2.99 is the old address and it's now 192.168.1.99, so your pc and router need to be 192.168.1.[whatever]

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: