Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 [2345] 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:39:09 PM

Coinsumm.it Public Relations would like to know who I would like to interview. What does the Nxt community think? Should I interview Vitalik Buterin or Anthony Di Iorio of Ethereum or should I interview Kashmir Hill of Forbes or Shakil Khan of CoinDesk?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:39:12 PM

Guerre? je ne suis pas d'accord.

You cannot fight with knives against tanks.
hum, with AT we will have weapon for fight against ethereum. We cannot ''underestimate'' them power for attract people. i see 3 weeks ago a lot of young people really happy to mine ether in their testnet.  They have a really good public relation and ''show them face to public'' .So public can associate ''real human'' with this project.  Maybe we need to do ''our coming out'' and go out our confort zone. All nxt group of java developper stay in shadow (me too also), this is only reflexion : can we stay like this Huh.  Ether is now your main competitor.

The ethereum guys are VERY effective at appealing to peoples emotions. Watch the high production videos and the way they present themselves. They are able to speak very fervently during presentations. That is currently their strength that Nxt lacks.

There would also actus be analyzed . actus open source smart contracts.

This software Ethereum is based

The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation awarded Stevens Institute of Technology a grant to work on the proposal entitled "Creating a standard language for financial contracts and a contract-centric analytical framework". The standard follows the theoretical groundwork laid down in the book "Unified Financial Analysis" (1) - UFA.The goal of this project is to build a financial instrument reference database that represents virtually all financial contracts as algorithms that link changes in risk factors (market risk, credit risk, and behavior, etc.) to cash flow obligations of financial contracts. This reference database will be the technological core of a future open source community that will maintain and evolve standardized financial contract representations for the use of regulators, risk managers, and researchers.
The objective of the project is to develop a set of about 30 unique contract types (CT’s) that represent virtually all existing financial contracts and which generate state contingent cash flows at a high level of precision. The term of art that describes the impact of changes in the risk factors on the cash flow obligations of a financial contract is called “state contingent cash flows,” which are the key input to virtually all financial analysis including models that assess financial risk.
We need guys in the marketing of Nxt who are native english speakers. I really appreciate the work of salsacz, but in some of his writinigs he uses phrases that can be misinterpreted or that are simply not appropriate.
We also need speakers for Nxt. Speakers with technical background who are able to represent Nxt in videos, interviews, people like rickyjames and Anon. But more of them, and also ones who are ready to travel to conferences.

I am in talks with the Vienna Bitcoin Conference guys, they already offered me to talk about Nxt, which is great, but I won´t be able to tell them more about it, than how cool it´s features are, because I have no clue about the cryptographical, mathematical or coding aspects. So here, for example, I would need someone to get with me on the stage and take over where it is getting more techy.
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:40:26 PM

Hey, new version at http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

Great! Grin

[...]

Great work.

One word about more code in common: run for it. I think JL is open for that.

About the non-uniqueness of assets. Well, nice idea of having a branding via an alias, but I still do not like it. It is just a feeling.

Maybe, somebody could give me a good feeling of non-unique asset names.

As others have mentioned, the "original" asset name may not be the "real" asset, so the original name has no real meaning. Also, it solves the issue of different issuers selling the same product. Because their alias is unique, no one can fake their brand.

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
mcjavar

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:41:00 PM

Coinsumm.it Public Relations would like to know who I would like to interview. What does the Nxt community think? Should I interview Vitalik Buterin or Anthony Di Iorio of Ethereum or should I interview Kashmir Hill of Forbes or Shakil Khan of CoinDesk?

I don´t really get it. You will make an interview with one of the guys, or you will attend an interview with one of them as a counterparty?
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:42:35 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 10:55:55 PM by joefox

ethereum - for example here: http://bitcoinexpo.ca/ they have 3 speakers, that would be fine, but they are also Platinum sponsors - they paid $35,000 for sponsoring this one small event..

You forget to mention that Anthony Di Iorio -- the man who is helping to co-ordinate Bitcoin Expo -- is an Ethereum co-founder, and also operates the bitcoind space in downtown Toronto where Ethereum's main office is.

And you wonder why they don't want Nxt at Bitcoin Expo?  <-- EDIT: Removed. Statement is misleading and inappropriate.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:43:53 PM

Guerre? je ne suis pas d'accord.

You cannot fight with knives against tanks.
hum, with AT we will have weapon for fight against ethereum. We cannot ''underestimate'' them power for attract people. i see 3 weeks ago a lot of young people really happy to mine ether in their testnet.  They have a really good public relation and ''show them face to public'' .So public can associate ''real human'' with this project.  Maybe we need to do ''our coming out'' and go out our confort zone. All nxt group of java developper stay in shadow (me too also), this is only reflexion : can we stay like this Huh.  Ether is now your main competitor.

The ethereum guys are VERY effective at appealing to peoples emotions. Watch the high production videos and the way they present themselves. They are able to speak very fervently during presentations. That is currently their strength that Nxt lacks.

There would also actus be analyzed . actus open source smart contracts.

This software Ethereum is based

The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation awarded Stevens Institute of Technology a grant to work on the proposal entitled "Creating a standard language for financial contracts and a contract-centric analytical framework". The standard follows the theoretical groundwork laid down in the book "Unified Financial Analysis" (1) - UFA.The goal of this project is to build a financial instrument reference database that represents virtually all financial contracts as algorithms that link changes in risk factors (market risk, credit risk, and behavior, etc.) to cash flow obligations of financial contracts. This reference database will be the technological core of a future open source community that will maintain and evolve standardized financial contract representations for the use of regulators, risk managers, and researchers.
The objective of the project is to develop a set of about 30 unique contract types (CT’s) that represent virtually all existing financial contracts and which generate state contingent cash flows at a high level of precision. The term of art that describes the impact of changes in the risk factors on the cash flow obligations of a financial contract is called “state contingent cash flows,” which are the key input to virtually all financial analysis including models that assess financial risk.

http://www.projectactus.org/

thanks for this message, i will check it,
joefox

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:44:08 PM

If you're interested in tech details, interview Vitalik.  If you're interested in Ethereum's philosophy and plans, interview Anthony.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
mthcl

Activity: 376
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:45:46 PM

Haven't given up yet.  Is there a reason this wouldn't reliably get random numbers into a decentralized network?

3 forgers at once, first 3 from the list of next forgers in line to forge.

A picks a random number, signs it, and sends to B
B picks random number, signs it, and sends to C
C picks random number, signs it, and sends to A

Who decides who are A, B and C?

Hint: you do not know if an account will forge even when it is due to do.

I had a similar idea: the forger is determined in the same way, but then, say, 10 accounts who are "next in the queue" append some random numbers (determined by them) to the new block. Or not the next 10, but, say, those with the weight "close" to the winning one. If this is doable, then the "bad guy" needs to control really a lot of top accounts, because even 1 account not under his control and which is allowed to insert the number, will completely mix up the things.
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

Source? This is news to me, but I am not surprised.

ethereum - for example here: http://bitcoinexpo.ca/ they have 3 speakers, that would be fine, but they are also Platinum sponsors - they paid $35,000 for sponsoring this one small event..

You forget to mention that Anthony Di Iorio -- the man who is helping to co-ordinate Bitcoin Expo -- is an Ethereum co-founder, and also operates the bitcoind space in downtown Toronto where Ethereum's main office is.

And you wonder why they don't want Nxt at Bitcoin Expo?

Talk about conflict of interest. They have expressed that Nxt is not wanted there?
joefox

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

We need guys in the marketing of Nxt who are native english speakers. I really appreciate the work of salsacz, but in some of his writinigs he uses phrases that can be misinterpreted or that are simply not appropriate.
We also need speakers for Nxt. Speakers with technical background who are able to represent Nxt in videos, interviews, people like rickyjames and Anon. But more of them, and also ones who are ready to travel to conferences.

I am in talks with the Vienna Bitcoin Conference guys, they already offered me to talk about Nxt, which is great, but I won´t be able to tell them more about it, than how cool it´s features are, because I have no clue about the cryptographical, mathematical or coding aspects. So here, for example, I would need someone to get with me on the stage and take over where it is getting more techy.

I can do all of this.  On top of my career as a professional actor (and the implied comfort with media work that comes with such employment), I have an engineering degree.  I understand Nxt quite well, and have been here since the first week of December.  I'm not a computer scientist or a cryptographer, but I know enough to represent Nxt very well.

I've decided NOT to head to Bitcoin Expo in Toronto due to its Bitcoin-centric content.  But I'm happy to speak to anyone about Nxt.  

igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

actus open source smart contracts.

http://www.stevens.edu/fsc/content/thought-leadership/algorithmic-contract-types-unified-standards/the-importance-of-actus

In case anyone was wondering. Ethereum are largely basing their whole concept on filling this role. I would say its required studying whether ethereum were prescribing to it or not.There is no reason we cannot implement all the necessary contract types. There are just too many smart people in the community to be nervous about this and Nxt has a huge head start.

they said in an interview at Kaiser report. smart contracts ethereum is based on Actus
joefox

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

And you wonder why they don't want Nxt at Bitcoin Expo?

Talk about conflict of interest. They have expressed that Nxt is not wanted there?

It's not a conflict of interest at all, I don't think.  Anthony Di Iorio is a very influential and articulate member of the Bitcoin community, and the founder of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada.  He is also involved with kryptokit and many other projects in incubation.  I'm a fan of his.

Bitcoin Expo has not expressly excluded Nxt or any other altcoin.  It just appears that the conference is heavily focused on leveraging Bitcoin for community involvement and next-generation applications.  The only way we could represent Nxt there would be to become a sponsor -- it's the only way they allow the distribution of ANY material -- and that cost is prohibitive, IMHO.  I think we can be more effective in other ways.

TL;DR: I don't mean to imply that they're anti-Nxt.  I have no evidence that this is the case.

NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:58:43 PM

To be clear from this morning,

Nxt Asset Exchange will allow trading in any pair chosen by market participants, correct?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:06:21 PM

To be clear from this morning,

Nxt Asset Exchange will allow trading in any pair chosen by market participants, correct?

not at the start. Once AT will be enabled, someone can create such a pair with NXT in the background

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

iterview all 60 journalists
arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

A strong new today for cryptocurrency, and a strong argument especially for nxt which have a faster transaction confirmation than bitcoin .

visa and mastercard have block credit card operation of some russia vip.

this fact is very interesting :
Our french national radio (not only me), pose this question :
 How we can trust this 2 money transfer network if european are totally dependent of the ''goodwill' of USA, especially for the future of europa

this is a great change of paradigm.    
mcjavar

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:19:57 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 11:36:45 PM by mcjavar

I can do all of this.  On top of my career as a professional actor (and the implied comfort with media work that comes with such employment), I have an engineering degree.  I understand Nxt quite well, and have been here since the first week of December.  I'm not a computer scientist or a cryptographer, but I know enough to represent Nxt very well.

I've decided NOT to head to Bitcoin Expo in Toronto due to its Bitcoin-centric content.  But I'm happy to speak to anyone about Nxt. 

What about coming to Vienna? Smiley You can stay on our couch Smiley
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:25:38 PM

The US shut down SWIFT wire transfers years ago see source http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/world/middleeast/crucial-communication-network-expelling-iranian-banks.html?_r=0

and forced the Iranian oil trade to move to gold settlement.

Now the US shuts down banking services for international Visa and Mastercard customers highlighting the weakness of a centralized payment system.
Source: http://en.ria.ru/business/20140321/188628529/Visa-Mastercard-Freeze-Customer-Cards-at-Russian-Bank.html

Nxt and Nxt AE is evolving out of necessity for a secure decentralized payment and trading system.

A strong new today for cryptocurrency, and a strong argument especially for nxt which have a faster transaction confirmation than bitcoin .

visa and mastercard have block credit card operation of some russia vip.

this fact is very interesting :
Our french national radio (not only me), pose this question :
 How we can trust this 2 money transfer network if european are totally dependent of the ''goodwill' of USA, especially for the future of europa

this is a great change of paradigm.    
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:30:53 PM

Haven't given up yet.  Is there a reason this wouldn't reliably get random numbers into a decentralized network?

3 forgers at once, first 3 from the list of next forgers in line to forge.

A picks a random number, signs it, and sends to B
B picks random number, signs it, and sends to C
C picks random number, signs it, and sends to A

Who decides who are A, B and C?

Hint: you do not know if an account will forge even when it is due to do.

I had a similar idea: the forger is determined in the same way, but then, say, 10 accounts who are "next in the queue" append some random numbers (determined by them) to the new block. Or not the next 10, but, say, those with the weight "close" to the winning one. If this is doable, then the "bad guy" needs to control really a lot of top accounts, because even 1 account not under his control and which is allowed to insert the number, will completely mix up the things.

I would favor forgers of previous blocks. Say, we are currently at block X. At X-1440, subsequent forgers must commit random numbers until, say,10 numbers are collected. These 10 numbers will in part determine the forger of the block at X+20.

One big issue I see with that is: what forgers are allowed to include their number? That is a consensus problem, too. Who decides that?
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:40:34 PM

Great! Grin

[...]

Great work.

One word about more code in common: run for it. I think JL is open for that.

About the non-uniqueness of assets. Well, nice idea of having a branding via an alias, but I still do not like it. It is just a feeling.

Maybe, somebody could give me a good feeling of non-unique asset names.

As others have mentioned, the "original" asset name may not be the "real" asset, so the original name has no real meaning. Also, it solves the issue of different issuers selling the same product. Because their alias is unique, no one can fake their brand.

Pandaisftw

The problem with the alias thing is that it's a hack, I show this as a proof of concept and hope that we can get another field added to the asset exchange table format. (unique suffix). That's the only purpose that the alias serves, and could just as well be integrated in the asset table itself.

Same for tagging, which should follow a similar approach to the DGS.
Pages: « 1 ... 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 [2345] 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: