Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:49:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RazorLove Cryptocurrency Services - DBL, CENT, & FOO/BAR Updates  (Read 153351 times)
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:03:22 AM

I throw this out there just for general info and to promote brainstorming, but I googled that there is 1.2 trillion USD out there.  I believe thats cash.  Assuming that # is right, we are ironically close to the same area as the # of cents.   40 trillion cents, divided by 100 is .4 trillion, which is only off by a factor of 3.

I don't think this matters, but maybe someone could come up with an idea off this...   After all, they are named CENTS/Pennies.
strunberg

Activity: 1358
Merit: 335

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:12:55 AM

Paying people pennies via twitter is interesting, but you at minimum need online wallet.  That idea is 100% no-go if someone has to download the client, etc.
They could use a online wallet.
 Perhaps Facebook or who ever could host the wallet, under condition that a percentage of the transaction would go toward the company .

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

dwma

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

Paying people pennies via twitter is interesting, but you at minimum need online wallet.  That idea is 100% no-go if someone has to download the client, etc.
 Perhaps Facebook or who ever could host the wallet, under condition that a percentage of the transaction would go toward the company .

Online wallets are difficult securitywise.  To do it properly you almost need physical access to the machine to insure security.  However, we are speaking of CENTS here and not BTC/CC #s.... so not quite the same needs..  and not worth a target until CENTS take off.

I really do wish you luck and do not want to be Debbie Downer but I still see the same problem.  Why would a developer use CENTS when they can use a crypto-currency that has some value?  They can do the same work and get one of 100s of altcoins that they can then sell for money.  Which one do you need first, chicken or egg?  That kinda thing.  

edit - I like your endgame approach, but you really need to develop a set of tools to facilitate some of this stuff.  Provide consulting for people with games out there.  Again though, the people who want to monetize it are going to look at other currencies.  You really need the guys who profited from the bug step up and give some of their CENTS to create initial incentives for adoption.  That, or you find a way to create a toolset to plug into social media.  Again, how do you fund it ?  Cant' even sell CENTS. Sad
dwma

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

Is there actually a way you could send CENTS via twitter?  People have to request all crypto currencies.  You can't just say "Here is 10000 CENTS".  Possibly if you send them a private message with some sort of redeemable voucher.  The mechanism for payment would have to diverge from the typical cryptocoin address system, regardless.  So basically you have an online wallet/voucher system. 

Once they receive their voucher, you would need to translate it into a wallet.  People don't want another account with a password.  How do you secure it though?

BTW Where is the best CENTS thread ?  I think I am diverging too far from the point of this thread.
strunberg

Activity: 1358
Merit: 335

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:45:52 AM

Is there a way you could even send CENTS via twitter?  People have to request all crypto currencies.  You can't just say "Here is 10000 CENTS".  Possibly if you send them a private message with some sort of redeemable voucher system.  The mechanism for payment would have to diverge from the typical cryptocoin address system.

Applications?
http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/create-twitter-apps-free_b36508

Don't most people tweet with their cellphone? What if you created a app that you tweet with?
You could also create a website that would have people send &receive payments.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:24:12 AM

Paying people pennies via twitter is interesting, but you at minimum need online wallet.  That idea is 100% no-go if someone has to download the client, etc.

Online wallets are difficult securitywise.  To do it properly you almost need physical access to the machine to insure security.  However, we are speaking of CENTS here and not BTC/CC #s.... so not quite the same needs..  and not worth a target until CENTS take off.

I really do wish you luck and do not want to be Debbie Downer but I still see the same problem.  Why would a developer use CENTS when they can use a crypto-currency that has some value?  They can do the same work and get one of 100s of altcoins that they can then sell for money.  Which one do you need first, chicken or egg?  That kinda thing.  

edit - I like your endgame approach, but you really need to develop a set of tools to facilitate some of this stuff.  Provide consulting for people with games out there.  Again though, the people who want to monetize it are going to look at other currencies.  You really need the guys who profited from the bug step up and give some of their CENTS to create initial incentives for adoption.  That, or you find a way to create a toolset to plug into social media.  Again, how do you fund it ?  Cant' even sell CENTS. Sad

it's cheap to buy up the pennies,and each penny is worth a single credit.
So a game,or a advertisement company could purchase 1 trillion pennies very cheaply.

Pennies are cheap enough that minecraft server operators can purchase alot,and run a decent economy.
pennies are cheap enough for gamers to afford as well.

up yours you worthless piece of doge. all these stupid ideas you are spouting have been tried with coins that have greater stability and failed. instead of relieving yourself via your fathomless mouth, read how all ideas will fall on their ass and you will eventually abandon this pointless quest. The idea is dead due to implementation no fixing that. You must be hellishly retarded if you think anyone is going to take a coin with NO BUY ORDERS seriously.
artiface

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:49:16 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:15:26 AM by artiface

up yours you worthless piece of doge. all these stupid ideas you are spouting have been tried with coins that have greater stability and failed. instead of relieving yourself via your fathomless mouth, read how all ideas will fall on their ass and you will eventually abandon this pointless quest. The idea is dead due to implementation no fixing that. You must be hellishly retarded if you think anyone is going to take a coin with NO BUY ORDERS seriously.

The reason there are no buy orders is that there are trillions of sell orders at the lowest possible price, therefore until trillions of buy orders are placed they will be immediately filled, so they go off the books immediately.  Look at the trade history though, it is all buy... for the same reason. But look at the volume, the last 200 orders that cryptsy shows took place within 6 hours and total 4,999,317,324 CENT (499.9317324 XPM ) - about 2 BTC of orders, all buy orders, in 6 hours.    Coins with less trading volume in a full day than CENT had in 6 hours: Freicoin, Ixcoin, Yacoin, Bytecoin, Betacoin, Phoenixcoin, Orbitcoin, Noirbits, Dimecoin, CraftCoin

Funny all the attitude you're throwing around in this thread, almost hellishly retarded
The_Catman (OP)

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:33:27 AM

Response regarding future pennies usage:

Aside from my involvement with craftcoin, and the plans I already have for creating a new currency for games (please, no questions at this time), there's a significant flaw with the idea of using Pennies for games: stake.

Sure, the over valued stake is being fixed, but the whole PoS system is broken as hell from the ground up, and it would just cause unnecessary hassle for in-game usage. I can not in any way endorse or support it's use in games simply because I know it's a terrible idea.

As for promotional use on twitter and whatnot, that sounds like a good idea. I'm not to big on social media myself but I can easily see how marketable it would be for someone that is. I can also see this being used in tipbots on IRC networks and sites like reddit. These i projects I can endorse (though have no desire in participating in).

That's all I have to say on it really.

dwma

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:47:12 AM

Sure, the over valued stake is being fixed, but the whole PoS system is broken as hell from the ground up, and it would just cause unnecessary hassle for in-game usage. I can not in any way endorse or support it's use in games simply because I know it's a terrible idea.

Can you give us a brief explanation what you mean by this ?  Would any PoS not work because of certain issues ?  What problems do you forsee with CENTS ?  Thanks for you input.
alivecrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:49:02 AM

Hello
Anyone please answer why my wallet shows Synchronizing Network but not actually sync.
I am using the latest wallet so what ie the problem?
Please help me. I am trying this since yesterday and it is not synchronizing after 50623 Block.

Thanks

The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:03:28 AM

Can you give us a brief explanation what you mean by this ?  Would any PoS not work because of certain issues ?  What problems do you forsee with CENTS ?  Thanks for you input.

Well, the main issue is that most implementations in games would require having a server wallet, with a PoS currency that means that users who use their coin mostly in-game (in other words, not store their coins in a local wallet) will most likely lose profit on their coins unless the developer jumps through flaming hoops with their arms tied behind there back and a blindfold on to make sure players get credited all their stake. But even then, it's just kinda weird y'know? Why would you get more coins just for leaving them sitting? That just discourages people from actually using their coins on goods.

Add to that the fact that PoS coins in general, and Pennies notably, have a history of being unstable and encountering weird issues, it's really just not ideal for a dedicated game currency and any sane game dev would stay far, far away.

The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:09:10 AM

Why are you're creating both caftcoin, AND a gaming coin?

If you're going to create a coin from scratch for gaming, you might as well get rid of Craft Coin itself,create the new coin, and then  Modify the plugins to use the new coin.
I hope I'm not being rude.
I just don't see the point of several coins aimed at gaming.

Right, forgot to address that too. I didn't make craftcoin, i never said that. I'm just involved. I just helped blindmice when he created it, in a "guru" sort of position. I do that a lot.

Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:45:12 AM

Well, the main issue is that most implementations in games would require having a server wallet, with a PoS currency that means that users who use their coin mostly in-game (in other words, not store their coins in a local wallet) will most likely lose profit on their coins unless the developer jumps through flaming hoops with their arms tied behind there back and a blindfold on to make sure players get credited all their stake. But even then, it's just kinda weird y'know? Why would you get more coins just for leaving them sitting? That just discourages people from actually using their coins on goods.

Now POS reward so small that it can be ignored. Just one reason why I left my wallet online - possible problem with synchronization if it would be switched off.
The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

Alright, I need sleep, I'll continue trying to fix the problem tomorrow.

In the meantime, if anyone happens to be an expert on the proof of stake system, please take a look and see if you have any ideas. There's got to be a stake validation check somewhere I'm missing somewhere. The problem is that the new stake value is being used to check the old stake transactions and it obviously failing. On re-examination the method we used to change it was pretty obviously not going to work, but the other methods I've tried (using block nTime and nHeight, in various ways) don't seem to be working either.

alivecrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:18:17 AM

Hello
Anyone please answer why my wallet shows Synchronizing Network but not actually sync.
I am using the latest wallet so what ie the problem?
Please help me. I am trying this since yesterday and it is not synchronizing after 50623 Block.

Thanks

Try backing up your wallet,delete everything about the client.
 Then restore the wallet with the back up, with the latest version of the client.
I have done that already, I deleted all excluding Config file and wallet.dat and start client again but the same problem, starts sync from the first block and stops in same point. Can you please describe?
Thank You

Jakal

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

What does it mean?

http://imageshack.com/a/img202/1673/hw8o.jpg

I have a long cue of these 0 transactions...

It means you are getting stakes... lucky you!!

And why all are 0??
ccnation

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:09:48 PM

Heres another idea for promotion. Theres a saying that "a penny saved is a penny earned". I heard this all the time when I was growing up. Simply promote CENT as a good savings tool for children.  Persuade parents to save money now for their children with CENTS.
JimmyS

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:35:57 PM

Heres another idea for promotion. Theres a saying that "a penny saved is a penny earned". I heard this all the time when I was growing up. Simply promote CENT as a good savings tool for children.  Persuade parents to save money now for their children with CENTS.

This is a good idea. A school teacher friend of ours thought about using them in her classroom. 
I'm not certain about the educational aspects due to the slogan in the logo, "AD DIVITEM INTRARE SPOLIA".

Perhaps, "IN NUMBERS WE TRUST" would be better than "TO ENTER THE SPOILS".  It may be hard for kids to become enthusiastic about saving with a slogan like that.
JohnathanCity

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:29:08 PM

This is a good idea. A school teacher friend of ours thought about using them in her classroom. 
I'm not certain about the educational aspects due to the slogan in the logo, "AD DIVITEM INTRARE SPOLIA".

Perhaps, "IN NUMBERS WE TRUST" would be better than "TO ENTER THE SPOILS".  It may be hard for kids to become enthusiastic about saving with a slogan like that.

But isn't a savings account all about increasing your spoils anyway? haha
arnoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:02:06 PM

my pennies wallet can't to sync. stuck on 240792 of 244680 Sad
how to fix it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: