Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:14:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEAD] DeepBit.net PPS+Prop,instant payouts, we pay for INVALID BLOCKS too  (Read 1601093 times)
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:31:06 AM

It looks like Deepbit hasn't found a block since your miner payout was started.  Deepbit historically has not included proper fees for miner payouts, relying on their own pool to confirm the payout transaction for free instead.  At the current pool hash rate, that might be a very long wait.
[/quote]

Doesn't it look, based on this link, that the block was actually mined by Eligius?

http://blockchain.info/block-index/404514

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:40:07 AM

It looks like Deepbit hasn't found a block since your miner payout was started.  Deepbit historically has not included proper fees for miner payouts, relying on their own pool to confirm the payout transaction for free instead.  At the current pool hash rate, that might be a very long wait.

Doesn't it look, based on this link, that the block was actually mined by Eligius?

http://blockchain.info/block-index/404514

[/quote]

Looks like users got lucky and the coins used for the payments aged enough to be caught even without fees.   Almost half the transactions in that block were Deepbit payouts, and not a single one paid a transaction fee.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
millsdmb

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:27:50 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 12:36:44 AM by millsdmb

Looks like users got lucky and the coins used for the payments aged enough to be caught even without fees.   Almost half the transactions in that block were Deepbit payouts, and not a single one paid a transaction fee.
[/quote]

I've remained mum awaiting response from anyone representing Deepbit, but I guess there is none. And people ask me why I mined with them. I haven't had much of an answer for that as I haven't known anything else since I mined for a brief period around 2011 on my GPU and only recently regained interest with the ASICs. Another helpful member of these forums pointed out that they do not support Stratum as would be best for such chips. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266584.msg2851130#msg2851130)

Also, a friend of mine who is also on these boards did confirm that his worker payouts from BTC Guild are sent with an appropriate fee to support the network. Irrespective of the size of my particular transaction, I find it disappointing that Deepbit does not do this, especially if they aren't mining their own worker payments with the pool's hashrate. Why should another pool essentially process Deepbit's payroll?

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:20:03 AM

And people ask me why I mined with them. I haven't had much of an answer for that as I haven't known anything else since I mined for a brief period around 2011 on my GPU and only recently regained interest with the ASICs. Another helpful member of these forums pointed out that they do not support Stratum as would be best for such chips.

Well one answer is that Deepbit is probably, over the long haul, the most reliable pool, ever.

[Tycho] has implied that he will implement stratum but still has not.  So if he doesn't get that done and fairly soon Deepbit may well be done.

I still use this pool as a backup pool but as the hashrate keeps dropping and the difficulty keeps rising that isn't really viable.

I would hate to see Deepbit disappear.  I know I'm the minority in that thought, but providing a service like this is a business and it's sad to see so many people dislike this pool because they don't like common sense business practices.

Too many other good pools have fallen by the wayside because they dropped common sense business practices and tried to bend to the consumers whims.  That doesn't work when most of those consumers of a service couldn't care less about anything but themselves.
My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
millsdmb

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

Too many other good pools have fallen by the wayside because they dropped common sense business practices and tried to bend to the consumers whims.  That doesn't work when most of those consumers of a service couldn't care less about anything but themselves.
My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

Thanks Sam. What kinds of things specifically do you believe the pools have done to suit the consumer that has affected them negatively?
*edit The person who pointed out Stratum was you, just realized after I dug up the link to edit my prior post =)

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:39:40 AM

Too many other good pools have fallen by the wayside because they dropped common sense business practices and tried to bend to the consumers whims.  That doesn't work when most of those consumers of a service couldn't care less about anything but themselves.
My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

Thanks Sam. What kinds of things specifically do you believe the pools have done to suit the consumer that has effected them negatively?
*edit The person who pointed out Stratum was you, just realized after I dug up the link to edit my prior post =)

No fee or too low of a fee PPS.

Merged Mining.

Implementing anti pool hopping measures that always end up catching non hoppers and piss off once loyal users.

Implementing other payout methods with settings that can cause the operator to risk loss.

millsdmb

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:42:39 AM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

Thanks Sam. What kinds of things specifically do you believe the pools have done to suit the consumer that has effected them negatively?

Interesting, because I actually feel as if I get more shares on Deepbit PPS than BTC Guild running block erupter - which is how I tried rationalizing the 10% fee. I am going to run on each one for 24 hours to compare, although I know difficulty is always going up -- I think I'll give deepbit the advantage and run them first.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:45:42 AM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

Interesting, because I actually feel as if I get more shares on Deepbit PPS than BTC Guild running block erupter - which is how I tried rationalizing the 10% fee. I am going to run on each one for 24 hours to compare, although I know difficulty is always going up -- I think I'll give deepbit the advantage and run them first.

When Deepbit was the largest pool people were screaming how he was scamming people for charging 10% for PPS.  Now that several pools have gone under or have suffered serious losses for having no fee or too low fee PPS nobody seems to think 10% is too high anymore.

millsdmb

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:46:41 PM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

2 Hour Test (336MH/s ASIC)
Deepbit: 555 shares Hardware Errors: 14
BTC Guild: 560 shares Hardware Errors: 4

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:02:50 AM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

That's 2.5 % for Deepbit and .7% on BTC Guild.  I get about 2% HW Errors on Deepbit and about 1% on BTC Guild.  So I would say your in line with what you should be getting.  Over a large period of time the lost shares due to the old getwork protocol will add up.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:10:14 AM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

... and I guess you don't realise that Hardware Errors has nothing to do with the pool?

Also, a 2 hour run at a lowly 336MH/s can easily vary way more than that ... you are getting a lowly ~1% variance there

I've had 20% last for 2 hours (that of course had nothing to do with the pool, it was simply statistical random variance)

The item that DOES relate to the pool, the protocol and the device being used, is the reject %

However, you'd need to run 1000 AMUs for days to get anything that you might consider evidence of issues
... or you could just analyse the protocols and the devices, to work it out ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:50:04 AM

... and I guess you don't realise that Hardware Errors has nothing to do with the pool?

That makes sense, but why then do the HW errors double on getwork over stratum?  It's very consistent.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:20:44 AM

That makes sense, but why then do the HW errors double on getwork over stratum?  It's very consistent.
It shouldn't - maybe coincidence?

The only thing I could think of that may affect HW errors beyond the usual temperature, OC, etc is work latency.
i.e. the gap between each job "might" increase or decrease HW % depending on the effect it has on the chip.
However, for a 335MH/s device, GetWork vs Stratum would not affect that.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
millsdmb

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:59:06 PM

My two Satoshi's worth,
Sam

Also, a 2 hour run at a lowly 336MH/s can easily vary way more than that ... you are getting a lowly ~1% variance there

I've had 20% last for 2 hours (that of course had nothing to do with the pool, it was simply statistical random variance)

The item that DOES relate to the pool, the protocol and the device being used, is the reject %

However, you'd need to run 1000 AMUs for days to get anything that you might consider evidence of issues
... or you could just analyse the protocols and the devices, to work it out ...

Not meant to be scientific in any means, however I am curious about the HW errors. During both tests the chip was not touched with a fan blowing on it.

I did forget to include the rejected shares and didn't take a screen shot. Oh well.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:05:18 PM

I did forget to include the rejected shares and didn't take a screen shot. Oh well.

The rejects are negligible.  .1% for BTCGuild and Deepbit.

[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:12:50 AM

I also wonder how the number of hardware errors could depend on the pool...

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
bulltrap

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:37:08 AM

Tycho, I sent you a pm about payments being suspended on my deepbit account and I also sent email to pool@deepbit.net. I have been waiting for days but have not received any answer. I would like to have the bitcoins remaining in my deepbit account to be paid back to my withdraw address.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

Tycho, I sent you a pm about payments being suspended on my deepbit account and I also sent email to pool@deepbit.net. I have been waiting for days but have not received any answer. I would like to have the bitcoins remaining in my deepbit account to be paid back to my withdraw address.
Problem solved.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
bulltrap

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:04:05 PM

Problem solved.
Thanks!
raoulbtc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:26:00 PM

EDIT: Now you can try some new exciting feature - optional Pay-Per-Share mode is enabled in my pool. You can choose payments method for any of your workers, look at your account page for workers configuration. Current rate is 0.00002209487837767 BTC per share.

i'm only getting 0.00000044 per share

also, what should my work refresh rate be set to based on my hash speed?, is there a chart somewhere that i can reference?

last question, say i have several workers, would you recommend that i have some of them set to pps and some to prop?? just to mix it up a bit?
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: