Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:43:31 AM

...We play a moment and then we die. And bad guys go to hell, yet, 'fore that blessed day, they fart through silk, and fattened thus, they fin'ly shuffle off this mortal coil.

Whoa, that's Shakespeare, ain't it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:44:50 AM

...We play a moment and then we die. And bad guys go to hell, yet, til that blessed day, they fart through silk before they shuffle off this mortal coil.

Whoa, that's Shakespeare, ain't it?

This is the quality thread Wink

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:05:35 AM

Want to give us any price predictions, rpietila? Smiley
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 05:25:35 PM

Tim Draper hangin' w/ Estonian Prime Minister

hmmmmmm....

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:13:37 PM

Hey Risto. I don't mean to steal your time but it seems like forever since you last posted some quality TA in here. Would you mind sharing what you think 2015 will bring?

Evil and crafty people try to shake your bitcoins from you. Once they have completed the current round, the price is let to rise. The exponential trendline will hold. The price rise may be in the order of 100x before the year is over.

It is good to be open for developments, like privacy-centric altcoins. Currently Monero is still my pick, nothing better has come (same with Bitcoin btw. even if price goes to $100, if there is nothing better, why should you worry?). Monero marketcap is 1:1,000 of Bitcoin, so it is very cheap to take a hedge bet.

Crypto Kingdom will conquer the world.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:15:37 PM

Hey Risto. I don't mean to steal your time but it seems like forever since you last posted some quality TA in here. Would you mind sharing what you think 2015 will bring?

Evil and crafty people try to shake your bitcoins from you. Once they have completed the current round, the price is let to rise. The exponential trendline will hold. The price rise may be in the order of 100x before the year is over.

It is good to be open for developments, like privacy-centric altcoins. Currently Monero is still my pick, nothing better has come (same with Bitcoin btw. even if price goes to $100, if there is nothing better, why should you worry?). Monero marketcap is 1:1,000 of Bitcoin, so it is very cheap to take a hedge bet.

Amen to that. I'm still shocked that Monero is so cheap right now given the technological breakthrough it represents.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:19:39 PM

Evil and crafty people try to shake your bitcoins from you. ...

That capital "T" in "quality TA," what's it stand for again?
0x3d

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:38:47 PM

Seems to mean "traumatized" in this case Wink We were supposed to be at 300.000$/BTC in about 3 weeks after all. Well at least it almost fits if we're talking price per kBTC, hehe.

Other than that I can only agree with both of you. Yes, it's gonna be shaky until around christmas (big triangle ending around that time) and yes, I was expecting something more tangible, numeric but still better than nada. Thx Risto.

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:05:41 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 11:18:56 PM by Odalv

Do you really think Monero is future ?
 - there is less than 1% than bitcoin will fail in next 5 years
 - there is less than 1% than monero can survive next 2 years

Edit:
Aircraft carrier(bitcoin) vs sailboat(monero ... few orders of magnitude less secure, order of magnitude bigger blockchain, tiny market cap.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10179

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

Seems to mean "traumatized" in this case Wink We were supposed to be at 300.000$/BTC in about 3 weeks after all. Well at least it almost fits if we're talking price per kBTC, hehe.

Other than that I can only agree with both of you. Yes, it's gonna be shaky until around christmas (big triangle ending around that time) and yes, I was expecting something more tangible, numeric but still better than nada. Thx Risto.

At least you could summarize Risto a little better, no? 

$300k per BTC would be a 1000x price increase.  He did NOT say that.

Risto said 100x is possible, which would be $30k per btc.

Personally, I think that Risto is much more bullish than me regarding his view of the BTC price trendline.... that influences his vision of future price and the timeline for such.

Based on recent downward manipulation of BTC prices and attempts at removal of confidence from BTC and some recent hesitancies in BTC adoption, including the seeming reluctancies of some big players to jump in, I think that the BTC price trendline going forward is less steep  and lower than what Risto is suggesting (also I do NOT believe that math and logic works to predict future human behavior when dealing with economics and politics etc). 

In any event, I am of the belief that once BTC prices go beyond $800 or $850, then there is going to be a rise and shooting past the prior ATH to the $3k to $13k price range.  And, I believe that the rise to the new ATH is most likely to occur in 1 to 8 months from now.  Surely, this prediction regarding BTC prices and the trendline could change if the rise in price is delayed by too much.. because ongoing suppression of BTC prices does affect overall sentiment towards BTC.  and can have a negative rippling effect to cause further delay..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:43:05 PM

Monero is junk.

Just another scamcoin that tried to ride the anon coins fad like CLOAK, CRYPT, RZR and similar fails/outright scams.

If you think that with putting money in Monero you made a great investment be ready to watch all your funds go out the window (as it probably, partially, already happened).

Behind the gimmicky anon features, it's basically a clone of BTC. it has the same fundamental issues.

So:
If BTC survives, a real functioning anon feature will be implemented in BTC (DarkWallet is being developed...) --> Monero will be obsolete
If BTC dies because the world doesn't want what it has to offer for whatever reason  --> Monero will be obsolete

Not trolling. Just saying what I think because money is at stake.

Saying what you think as opposed to saying what you know?

It's not a clone of btc but has a different code.  99% of alt coins are btc clones.  Some "anon" coins are indeed gimmicky, Monero is not.  See what Mr Maxwell has to say.

Privacy features will not be implemented in btc but will be added on top of as per your example.  Monero has more and better privacy features than can be gotten with dark wallet.  Privacy is inherent in Monero now with no need to do anything.  There is more to Monero besides privacy. 

It is much easier to make a privacy coin have a transparent option if you choose to do so than it is to make a transparent coin a private one.

I don't believe privacy is a fad.  How can privacy be a fad?

I guess to some extent in the alt coin world anon is/was a fad.  What I believe differentiates Monero is the intent of the developers.  They are not trying to cash in on a fad but instead are building something that is needed.  The devs are doing so with a goal, a plan and competence.

What will the future bring? 
0x3d

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 12:02:32 AM

$300k per BTC would be a 1000x price increase.  He did NOT say that.

[...]

In any event, I am of the belief that once BTC prices go beyond $800 or $850, then there is going to be a rise and shooting past the prior ATH to the $3k to $13k price range.  And, I believe that the rise to the new ATH is most likely to occur in 1 to 8 months from now.  Surely, this prediction regarding BTC prices and the trendline could change if the rise in price is delayed by too much.. because ongoing suppression of BTC prices does affect overall sentiment towards BTC.  and can have a negative rippling effect to cause further delay..

Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was Risto's personal post summarizer or that his tiny post even needed a summary. And sure I'm too dumb to know that 300 + "00" isn't 300.000. "Delusion of grandeur" much? (I don't remember who said that to Risto around that time but it kept sticking Smiley)

The 300k I was referring to was risto's own prediction from ~18 months ago or so. But now that you mention it, I think that prediction was meant to come true at the end of last year, didn't it?

I agree with your broad prediction however, 3-13k within 1-8 months seems very plausible. I'm betting on 6300$ around March-April 2015 then again a year of descent back to around 1500$ until moon 3.0.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

Edit:
Aircraft carrier(bitcoin) vs sailboat(monero ... few orders of magnitude less secure, order of magnitude bigger blockchain, tiny market cap.)

Risto,  you know I am one of your biggest fans on here.  You have been very wise and helpful to me during the past year and half that I have been involved with BTC and I am hugely grateful for that.

I have similar questions with Monero though.  I guess the thing that comes to my mind is that you, being involved with BTC earlier than the vast majority, are truly an innovator at heart.  We could even call you "visionary."  You certainly hit the nail on the head with your insight into what BTC could be and that paid huge rewards for you.  But being a visionary and innovative can also mean that you are a bit more of a risk taker at heart than some of us are.  It seems that you like to dive head first into whatever it is that you see as being a great thing while some of us just put our toe in the water or watch how it works out for you first. Wink  Part of me thinks I should buy some Monero because it could become something (and because you were certainly right about BTC) but in reality I am not quite the visionary you are.  Also, I haven't even dabbled in LTC or any other altcoin for that matter, mostly because there are really no easy ways to purchase them.  The only sites we use to buy and sell BTC are US based and that limits us quite a bit in that.   I figure that if any of the alt coins become valuable the chances are that BTC will too because BTC is the first one to gain traction and we can always purchase some if and when they become more readily available.  Yes the ROI will be less then but that is why the innovators and risk takers are the ones who have earned those rewards by taking those early risks.

All that said, I am happy to read that you still envision 100x growth for BTC down the road at some point.  Patience will be rewarded at some point I hope.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:49:51 AM

Edit:

Risto,  you know I am one of your biggest fans on here.  You have been very wise and helpful to me during the past year and half that I have been involved with BTC and I am hugely grateful for that.

I have similar questions with Monero though.  I guess the thing that comes to my mind is that you, being involved with BTC earlier than the vast majority, are truly an innovator at heart.  We could even call you "visionary."  You certainly hit the nail on the head with your insight into what BTC could be and that paid huge rewards for you.  But being a visionary and innovative can also mean that you are a bit more of a risk taker at heart than some of us are.  It seems that you like to dive head first into whatever it is that you see as being a great thing while some of us just put our toe in the water or watch how it works out for you first. Wink  Part of me thinks I should buy some Monero because it could become something (and because you were certainly right about BTC) but in reality I am not quite the visionary you are.  Also, I haven't even dabbled in LTC or any other altcoin for that matter, mostly because there are really no easy ways to purchase them.  The only sites we use to buy and sell BTC are US based and that limits us quite a bit in that.   I figure that if any of the alt coins become valuable the chances are that BTC will too because BTC is the first one to gain traction and we can always purchase some if and when they become more readily available.  Yes the ROI will be less then but that is why the innovators and risk takers are the ones who have earned those rewards by taking those early risks.

All that said, I am happy to read that you still envision 100x growth for BTC down the road at some point.  Patience will be rewarded at some point I hope.

I'm not recommending litecoin but there are many, many places where bitcoin can be traded for it (most exchanges). That's how most people obtain litecoin.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:54:54 AM

^^^

Same goes for most if not all alts. Bitcoin can be traded for them.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:55:53 AM

^^^

Yes of course, but some of us only buy and sell using US based sellers that do not sell or trade in LTC or any other coin yet.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:13:36 AM

So send your BTC to wherever exchange you want to buy Monero from and buy it.  Not sure which exchanges trading monero are outside of the US but Im sure someone here knows.

^^^

Yes of course, but some of us only buy and sell using US based sellers that do not sell or trade in LTC or any other coin yet.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:35:37 AM

Since side chains are now an inevitability, a Monero clone is a likely early candidate because it is mined and offers anonymity.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10179

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:04:09 AM

$300k per BTC would be a 1000x price increase.  He did NOT say that.

[...]

In any event, I am of the belief that once BTC prices go beyond $800 or $850, then there is going to be a rise and shooting past the prior ATH to the $3k to $13k price range.  And, I believe that the rise to the new ATH is most likely to occur in 1 to 8 months from now.  Surely, this prediction regarding BTC prices and the trendline could change if the rise in price is delayed by too much.. because ongoing suppression of BTC prices does affect overall sentiment towards BTC.  and can have a negative rippling effect to cause further delay..

Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was Risto's personal post summarizer or that his tiny post even needed a summary. And sure I'm too dumb to know that 300 + "00" isn't 300.000. "Delusion of grandeur" much? (I don't remember who said that to Risto around that time but it kept sticking Smiley)

The 300k I was referring to was risto's own prediction from ~18 months ago or so. But now that you mention it, I think that prediction was meant to come true at the end of last year, didn't it?

I agree with your broad prediction however, 3-13k within 1-8 months seems very plausible. I'm betting on 6300$ around March-April 2015 then again a year of descent back to around 1500$ until moon 3.0.

Look Ox3d, you and I largely agree on the general direction of bitcoin, and I do NOT expect that any of us are really soothe sayers regarding these price prediction matters.  There are bigger whale manipulators who can probably influence the direction of bitcoin prices in the short term; however, they may or may NOT be able to totally control its price direction in the long term... especially if we may once again strike upon upward momentum that causes the flooding in of money that is likely waiting on the sidelines for the next run-up in BTC prices. 

Accordingly, so what if some of us get wrong our predictions.  Some predictions are more bearish and some are more bullish and some are based on more logic and facts than others, and so what if Risto is more bullish than a large majority of us.  There are things about Risto that bother me, including his sometimes cock-sure way of expressing some of his predictions or even his past performance and some arrogance of attempting to distinguish himself from others, which sometimes results in denigrations of others.    Also, sometimes, I think he puts too much certainty in terms of mathematical models - and maybe a few other bragging aspects of his personality.  Nonetheless, Risto frequently provides really decent analysis and fairly decent explanations concerning why and how he is arriving at his prediction(s).  So what if he is wrong and even wrong by magnitudes and wrong in timing and even a little irritating because he seems to be pumping Monero in threads that are largely BTC (even if they happen to be his own threads)!!!!!

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:22:25 AM

Since side chains are now an inevitability, a Monero clone is a likely early candidate because it is mined and offers anonymity.

As I understand it using something like Monero via a side chain compromises your privacy to a certain extent.  Sorry for the lack of detail as I don't have links handy to where it was discussed.  The future will unfold Smiley  I never know what or when my next meal is Undecided

Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: