Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:13:15 PM

higher low
The bull is strong in this one...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:30:20 PM

FUNDAMENTALS UPDATE:

EBay/PayPal moving towards Bitcoin integration via Braintree and Coinbase:

https://www.braintreepayments.com/blog/goodbye-passwords-one-touch-hello-bitcoin
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/96987622472/braintree-partners-with-coinbase-to-accept-bitcoin

- Simplified, secure payments via BTC with any merchant in the USA will soon be possible.

- Coinbase probably figures in Ebay's growth strategy.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:42:30 AM

FUNDAMENTALS UPDATE:

EBay/PayPal moving towards Bitcoin integration via Braintree and Coinbase:

https://www.braintreepayments.com/blog/goodbye-passwords-one-touch-hello-bitcoin
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/96987622472/braintree-partners-with-coinbase-to-accept-bitcoin

- Simplified, secure payments via BTC with any merchant in the USA will soon be possible.

- Coinbase probably figures in Ebay's growth strategy.

I think the satoshi FUD is strongly related to the paypal announcement.
These markets seems to be manufactured.
This whole situation reminds me of the Silk Road event last time.

I bet the price of bitcoin will rise very soon.
Too bad I already went all-in weeks ago.
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:41:39 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 07:08:00 PM by 79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Agreed.

At least there is no doubt that we are talking about the highest stakes. To the above update, you may add:

Ebay, Apple, Alibaba, Google to compete for the global online payments market.

- Ebay/PayPal are actively pursuing the incorporation of Bitcoin.

- Apple is partnering with Visa/MC/AmEx. But should this solution prove to be less profitable than a Bitcoin-based one --it is a challenge-- Apple can switch, or it can add Bitcoin. In any case, for antitrust reasons (with recent MS precedent), Apple will probably not be able to shut out alternative payment solutions.

- Google's Wallet seems to lag. Google is still free to incorporate Bitcoin and appears to have contemplated it. Same goes for Amazon.

- Alibaba/Alipay seems more hindered to adopt Bitcoin given Chinese regulations. On the other hand, it is about to issue a very large IPO on the NYSE, I am not sure how being publicly traded on an American exchange impacts its regulatory framework wrt BTC.

fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:55:57 PM

Alipay is not included in the IPO, it's no longer a part of Alibaba.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:17:21 AM

Agreed.

At least there is no doubt that we are talking about the highest stakes. To the above update, you may add:

- Apple is partnering with Visa/MC/AmEx. But should this solution prove to be less profitable than a Bitcoin-based one --it is a challenge-- Apple can switch, or it can add Bitcoin. In any case, for antitrust reasons (with recent MS precedent), Apple will probably not be able to shut out alternative payment solutions.

- Google's Wallet seems to lag. Google is still free to incorporate Bitcoin and appears to have contemplated it. Same goes for Amazon.

- Alibaba/Alipay seems more hindered to adopt Bitcoin given Chinese regulations. On the other hand, it is about to issue a very large IPO on the NYSE, I am not sure how being publicly traded on an American exchange impacts its regulatory framework wrt BTC.

Man apple is headed down in a hurry... Jobs would have adopted bitcoin long ago.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:18:46 AM

Agreed.

Man apple is headed down in a hurry... Jobs would have adopted bitcoin long ago.

This.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:27:03 AM

Agreed.

This.

Or Jobs would have decided to make his own Apple crypto.  He really liked to control things.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

Agreed.

This.

Or Jobs would have decided to make his own Apple crypto.  He really liked to control things.

Jobs would have made an apple app that allows you to pay with your bitcoin at the touch of your finger;
that would be a killer app
perhaps, one fingertip for each btc wallet, so you would be limited to 10  Smiley
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:01:34 AM

Apple is too reliant on the way things are to touch bitcoin until the money supply/marketcap is much larger, in my opinion.

Apple has $160 billion liquid USD. Bitcoin is just about 6 billion right now, roughly 4% of the total dirty fiat money they hold.

I suspect they will come eventually but we will need another order of magnitude increase. They want to keep people spending money on their new products, their target market is not us Bitcoin fanatics. Yet.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:07:18 AM

Now im super bullish, paypal just energized the community, user data is up everywhere i look.  Think we might see a break out soon.
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:51:24 AM

Agreed.

This.

Or Jobs would have decided to make his own Apple crypto.  He really liked to control things.

When I heard this:

Quote from: Jony Ive, Senior VP of Technology at Apple (Taken from The 65 minute mark at: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/ )
It's driven Apple from the beginning: This compulsion to take incredibly powerful technology, and make it accessible, relevant, and ultimately personal.

I thought to myself: blockchain is an incredibly powerful technology. And we are all waiting for it to become accessible, relevant, and ultimately personal. Who better to do that, and do it well, than Apple? But I don't think they will be in a rush. They'll let other people futz around for a couple years, and then they'll find a way to incorporate it so that 1) it is user friendly and 2) it doesn't betray the fundamental principles of crypto. There are many instances (e.g. the mouse) where Apple was not the first to market; but they were the first to do it really well.

At least that's what I hope.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:25:57 AM

Agreed.

This.

Or Jobs would have decided to make his own Apple crypto.  He really liked to control things.

Jobs would have made an apple app that allows you to pay with your bitcoin at the touch of your finger;
that would be a killer app
perhaps, one fingertip for each btc wallet, so you would be limited to 10  Smiley

He would have approached the CEO of bitcoin to make it Apple-only, when that would not work, he would have started an altcoin.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:16:06 AM

jobs would have sued satoshi, accusing him of using apple source code.
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:23:49 AM

Agreed.

This.

When I heard this:

Quote from: Jony Ive, Senior VP of Technology at Apple (Taken from The 65 minute mark at: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/ )
It's driven Apple from the beginning: This compulsion to take incredibly powerful technology, and make it accessible, relevant, and ultimately personal.

I thought to myself: blockchain is an incredibly powerful technology. And we are all waiting for it to become accessible, relevant, and ultimately personal. Who better to do that, and do it well, than Apple? But I don't think they will be in a rush. They'll let other people futz around for a couple years, and then they'll find a way to incorporate it so that 1) it is user friendly and 2) it doesn't betray the fundamental principles of crypto. There are many instances (e.g. the mouse) where Apple was not the first to market; but they were the first to do it really well.

At least that's what I hope.

i would buy applecoin if it had a limited supply.
i hope one day apples does adopt though - that will be one awesome day
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:44:21 PM

I wouldn't. Not if tx are censorable by apple and/or my identity known to apple.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:01:14 PM

I wouldn't. Not if tx are censorable by apple and/or my identity known to apple.

I'd be standing around when they are handing them out for free Wink
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

True. Also they know your location.

I can see someone standing in a shop wanting to buy a cup of coffee and the terminal says "Apple has disallowed this purchase, go to Starbucks it's around the corner". Cheesy

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

Re: iWatch... I mean Apple Watch:

"It also comes with Apple Pay so you can use your watch like a credit card, and trust us, Apple will keep your banking information very secure; just like all those nude pics..."  Undecided
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

Re: iWatch... I mean Apple Watch:

"It also comes with Apple Pay so you can use your watch like a credit card, and trust us, Apple will keep your banking information very secure; just like all those nude pics..."  Undecided

they can't call it iWatch as that's the name of the program they gave to the govt to use with cctv cameras
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: