Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

When you say GLD are you talking about Goldcoin, that coin being shilled by MicroGuy? Isn't this nothing buy a shitty pump and dump? I haven't got none of these . Right now im 80% BTC and 20% XMR. Always interested in quick ways to make money tho so... how do you see entering GLD now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

When you say GLD are you talking about Goldcoin, that coin being shilled by MicroGuy? Isn't this nothing buy a shitty pump and dump? I haven't got none of these . Right now im 80% BTC and 20% XMR. Always interested in quick ways to make money tho so... how do you see entering GLD now?

He is talking about the Gold ETF, no coins involved here Smiley

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Trolololo

Activity: 263
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:02:57 PM

I repost a Risto's mythic post, one of the best I have ever read in this forum:

Blockchain, as a technology, is indestructible. A reasonable starting point is to understand that crypto is here to stay, and no laws or wars can stop it. Any individual cryptocoin, Bitcoin included, has challenges particular to it, and local laws and wars may prove detrimental to individuals' wealth, as well as life.

People can only learn more about Bitcoin, unlearning is not possible. With any technology, invention or innovation, there is an adoption curve that is the aggregate of all the people's individual propensities of learning about a new thing, deciding to use it, trying it, and amplifying their usage to significant levels. On average, the process from first hearing about something, to trying it, takes 2 years. From trying to actual adoption, we might add 1 more year.

The current number of Bitcoin owners is likely a paltry 1-2 million. Even smaller is the number of people who actively use Bitcoin in their life. The first number, at least, has not grown significantly in 2014. Enthusiasm has given way to apathy, evidenced by both price and volume of trades lagging far behind their highs.

Meanwhile, the 2 years average delay from first hearing to first trial, is slowly becoming fulfilled in hundreds of millions of people. There were millions who heard about the bubble in 2011, and their "2 years" started counting. Not enough of them were ready to buy in 2012, which was still a year of slow price appreciation. But in 2013, the great advances were made by the people who had had 2 years to ensure themselves that it was not a fly-by-night. In 2012, the global media coverage about Bitcoin was tiny, but in 2013 all changed. In two years, we are talking about 100x more people in the pipeline of becoming Bitcoin owners.

This gives rise to the exponential trendline. There is only one way to draw a trendline with the best R^2 fit (follows from the fact that goodness-of-fit is a universal criterion), and it is shown here. The number of Bitcoin users is so small at 1-2 million that the trendline should stay exponential 2 more orders of magnitude minimum.

An added reason is that because Bitcoin is money, and the exponential trendline means exponential gains for everyone involved, it makes sense to speculate and buy a large number of bitcoins instead of the fair share. (The fair share assuming worldwide adoption is BTC0.002 and assuming that only the elite of 3% world's richest and most connected buy it, BTC0.07.)

An increasing number of people are already ready to buy bitcoins. Banks, ETF's, private services, etc. have the infrastructure ready for launch. Both are waiting. Bitcoin holders are anxious, but as long as their anxiety results in them selling more bitcoins to the deep-pocket investors, the wait continues. In 2012 it continued quite long, with price going up only a little (more than 100% though).

Hearing about Bitcoin is the start of your Bitcoin pregnancy. Of these pregnancies, not all perhaps result in a healthy baby (adopting Bitcoin as your home currency), but luckily here, the time is not limited to 9 months. The average with those who currently are power users may have been 3 years (or less, since the delay is shorter with people with the early adopter mindset), but for others it may be 5 years. Miscarriages happen often, but the reverse-miscarriage is also a very typical occurrence.

We have a world-record number of Bitcoin pregnancies going on now, and hardly any births for several months already. I believe that the laws of nature and mathematics will take care that the babies will be seen in increasing numbers. Smiley

The trendline shows how much behind we are currently. The price shows the daily birth rate. I am writing this from a castle that I bought with money earned by trading Bitcoin based on the very premise I have explained to you here.

I believe that the next one might carry us north of $10,000. The longer time we spend here, the more explosive it gets. The supermove from $2 to $266 (133x price appreciation) took 17 months. Extrapolate that with the starting point of $340 in 2014-4-11.

Today we have lost the 340, and I expect to bottom on 275 on Tuesday. Free coins today and then!!

You will have to edit the "starting point of $340 in 2014-4-11" sentence by, perhaps, "starting point of $275 in December 2014" in the future, but that doesn't change the message of that mythic post at all.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:35:27 PM

I repost a Risto's mythic post, one of the best I have ever read in this forum:

Blockchain, as a technology, is indestructible.

[...]

I believe that the next one might carry us north of $10,000. The longer time we spend here, the more explosive it gets. The supermove from $2 to $266 (133x price appreciation) took 17 months. Extrapolate that with the starting point of $340 in 2014-4-11.

Today we have lost the 340, and I expect to bottom on 275 on Tuesday. Free coins today and then!!

You will have to edit the "starting point of $340 in 2014-4-11" sentence by, perhaps, "starting point of $275 in December 2014" in the future, but that doesn't change the message of that mythic post at all.

A Mythic Post indeed  Cool

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:26:25 PM

I am curious about long term scenarios. We all know about 21 mil max bitcoins. However, if and when COIN or BIT will start trading, what would prevent Wall Street to multiply the number of supposedly strictly restricted number of units 10 or 100 fold? Nobody ever challenged GLD ETF to show that they actually own the amount of gold they supposed to have. Brokerages already using hypothecation for stocks, which together with other techniques in case of heavily shorted stocks is rumored to vastly increase the number of shares for some companies.

On the other hand, Bill Gates could sneeze in the morning and "accidentally" use one-one and a half day worth of his dividends and bitcoin will be above $1000  Smiley.

It's impossible. There is more GLD ETF then ever has been mined. GLD in its fine print says that they will settle accounts in cash if it comes to that. It is fraud sanctioned by the US government. It keeps the price artificially suppressed so their fiat lives on. There is no audit trail. It is kabuki theater. The only ETF that I know of that has audited gold with serial numbers is Sprott Physical Gold Trust (PHYS). Same thing with silver. SLV is a fraud. PSLV is legit.

If so, the same nonsense might be repeated with COIN.

It should be trivial to provide blockchain verifiable evidence of holdings in realtime. In fact I expect this before I send them a penny from my tax free stocks wrapper.

it should be trivial to document gold holdings as well. Perhaps you know this, but Joe public does not have the knowledge to check the blockchain to verify. Even for an expert, it would take a while, and they will say that it is proprietary info.

Well some exchanges reveal their holdings in a blockchain verifiable way. The same will i am sure be true of COIN. You think a major investor is going to send them millions of dollars and just accept that they have the coins without proof? Lol.

It is totally different from gold. This is a cryptographically verifiable non counterfeitable digital token - much cooler Smiley

What BTC ETFs like COIN and other BTC investment funds need to do is to guarantee and show allocated coins, every client's holding is stored on their own individual publicly published and viewable address, rather than pooled in the total holdings account as happens on exchanges, this is like the best practice of PM funds like www.bullionvault.com except miles better as anyone can instantly see and prove that the funds are actually allocated to the clients rather than just take the business's and auditor's word for it.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:12:08 PM

I am curious about long term scenarios. We all know about 21 mil max bitcoins. However, if and when COIN or BIT will start trading, what would prevent Wall Street to multiply the number of supposedly strictly restricted number of units 10 or 100 fold? Nobody ever challenged GLD ETF to show that they actually own the amount of gold they supposed to have. Brokerages already using hypothecation for stocks, which together with other techniques in case of heavily shorted stocks is rumored to vastly increase the number of shares for some companies.

On the other hand, Bill Gates could sneeze in the morning and "accidentally" use one-one and a half day worth of his dividends and bitcoin will be above $1000  Smiley.

It's impossible. There is more GLD ETF then ever has been mined. GLD in its fine print says that they will settle accounts in cash if it comes to that. It is fraud sanctioned by the US government. It keeps the price artificially suppressed so their fiat lives on. There is no audit trail. It is kabuki theater. The only ETF that I know of that has audited gold with serial numbers is Sprott Physical Gold Trust (PHYS). Same thing with silver. SLV is a fraud. PSLV is legit.

It should be trivial to provide blockchain verifiable evidence of holdings in realtime. In fact I expect this before I send them a penny from my tax free stocks wrapper.

it should be trivial to document gold holdings as well. Perhaps you know this, but Joe public does not have the knowledge to check the blockchain to verify. Even for an expert, it would take a while, and they will say that it is proprietary info.

Well some exchanges reveal their holdings in a blockchain verifiable way. The same will i am sure be true of COIN. You think a major investor is going to send them millions of dollars and just accept that they have the coins without proof? Lol.

It is totally different from gold. This is a cryptographically verifiable non counterfeitable digital token - much cooler Smiley

What BTC ETFs like COIN and other BTC investment funds need to do is to guarantee and show allocated coins, every client's holding is stored on their own individual publicly published and viewable address, rather than pooled in the total holdings account as happens on exchanges, this is like the best practice of PM funds like www.bullionvault.com except miles better as anyone can instantly see and prove that the funds are actually allocated to the clients rather than just take the business's and auditor's word for it.

It is technically possible and would show that these magic internet money tokens are unique in more ways than one.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:21:22 AM

+1  totally agree, Otoh!!!!

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:17:28 AM

I posit that either nobody knows what bitcoin price will be at a distant point in the future, or many people do. In the latter case it is zero, of course, which is predicted by some. Since it is unlikely that nobody can predict bitcoin price, then the most probable logical expectation is zero, at least this would be the most probable exact value predicted by crowdsourcing.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:58:06 AM

knowledge era is here dumb wallstreet jocks are buying with millions of $ as we speak the wave wil hit harder than noobs can cover there heads with their bedsheets.. i think 7k until next reversal.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:00:19 AM

It is technically possible and would show that these magic internet money tokens are unique in more ways than one.
$266 already proved this. Only those that r smart will know what i say.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:35:30 AM

What is Risto's thoughts on this price drop?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

What is Risto's thoughts on this price drop?

"People can only learn more about Bitcoin [tanking], unlearning is not possible."--The Supernode, What I Meant To Say Was
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

"A total of 174,100 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history"

Really? That's a remarkably precise number. Does it include Yamashita's gold, I wonder?

We can safely assume that is inaccurate by a factor of 10 and still the paranoid delusion that GLD is larger than all gold ever mined is not even remotely close to correct. "Gold ever mined" is fairly irrelevant, I would agree, but that was the claim.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

I just observed a wall of 30,000 BTC in Bitstamp. It was offered for sale at $300.

This is a very high wall, which has not been seen before in Bitstamp. Even in the old Gox era, 30k was a rare occurrence, the typical walls at that time (early 2013) were 10-20k.

The fiat value of the wall ($9 million USD) beats the historical walls of a few $100k's hands down.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

I just observed a wall of 30,000 BTC in Bitstamp. It was offered for sale at $300.

This is a very high wall, which has not been seen before in Bitstamp. Even in the old Gox era, 30k was a rare occurrence, the typical walls at that time (early 2013) were 10-20k.

The fiat value of the wall ($9 million USD) beats the historical walls of a few $100k's hands down.

And your thoughts on that?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

I am assuming that the wall is caused by one entity. Such entities capable of selling BTC30,000 exists, but they are few in number. I would put the figure at 30 potential sellers.

The number goes much lower if we consider the risks involved in selling so many coins in Bitstamp.

It is hardly a forced sale, because it is unlikely that such a position would have been financed by debt such that it must now be sold at a loss, and if this were the case, a wall would likely not be the way to realize the value.

It is hardly a panic sale, because the people with 30,000 are not prone to panic selling. If they were, they would have had ample opportunities to show their panicky nature in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. (And people buying in 2014 who are prone to panic, never had the $20-$30 million needed to begin with - panicky people cannot amass so much money).

I can only conclude that it is a scare wall, intended to bring the price down for accumulation. It is used during weekend when no new money is coming, mitigating the risk for an outright buy. In case of nibble, it can be safely pulled.

No matter who has already bought so many and wants to buy more, I see it as a natural and inevitable development in Bitcoin's way to be more widely adopted.

By the way, I have a castle for sale for bitcoins. Serious inquiries to PM please Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:46:51 PM

Could this be the source of the 30k BTC?

https://blockchain.info/address/159SCycgn8weAy2XGUEhD6V1RTFni7E3iq?filter=1

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:47:20 PM

I am assuming that the wall is caused by one entity. Such entities capable of selling BTC30,000 exists, but they are few in number. I would put the figure at 30 potential sellers.

The number goes much lower if we consider the risks involved in selling so many coins in Bitstamp.

It is hardly a forced sale, because it is unlikely that such a position would have been financed by debt such that it must now be sold at a loss, and if this were the case, a wall would likely not be the way to realize the value.

It is hardly a panic sale, because the people with 30,000 are not prone to panic selling. If they were, they would have had ample opportunities to show their panicky nature in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. (And people buying in 2014 who are prone to panic, never had the $20-$30 million needed to begin with - panicky people cannot amass so much money).

I can only conclude that it is a scare wall, intended to bring the price down for accumulation. It is used during weekend when no new money is coming, mitigating the risk for an outright buy. In case of nibble, it can be safely pulled.

By the way, I have a castle for sale for bitcoins. Serious inquiries to PM please Smiley

The wall was gone , don't worry Wink.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:55:03 PM

The number goes much lower if we consider the risks involved in selling so many coins in Bitstamp

Are you implying the wall is from an early Bitcoin adopter trying to get more coins?Huh Any chance a US government attempt at trouncing Bitcoin value?

Do you have specific people in mind?

Your last sentence.....You are selling your Estonia castle? This was to be the center of the Bitcoin universe, can you please elaborate?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:21:02 PM

Are you implying the wall is from an early Bitcoin adopter trying to get more coins?Huh Any chance a US government attempt at trouncing Bitcoin value?

Don't know.

Your last sentence.....You are selling your Estonia castle? This was to be the center of the Bitcoin universe, can you please elaborate?

Having a smiley does not seem to work. Yes, I mentioned now the first time that even Bitcoin castle may be for sale, if Bitcoin becomes cheap enough. If I sell it for Bitcoins, it just changes ownership to stronger hands, and can still become the center of Bitcoin universe.

Selling to an outsider would be a pity, but luckily that does not ever happen unless Bitcoin is thoroughly destroyed first, meaning that the castle also becomes useless for its intended purpose.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: