Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10191

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

You lunatics think fiat is printed at will anyhow, so they'll just add a few zeros to the plates and keep the presses running longer, amirite?

Is it not?

I believe it is printed based on the ideas of Keynesian economics blended with a heaping dose of greed and just a pinch of rational thought and consideration for the future.

But if you want to get into a semantics game about what "at will" means and how it applies to the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury, I will resist the alluring waste of time.

The USA govt. is NOT even close to practicing any version of Keynesian economics, even if some officials may pay lip service to such.

The practice is more like croney capitalism that allows banks and various rich people to take and continue to take dollars, assets and wealth from regular people... in the name of supposed trickly down economics that has been proven NOT to work but it is still practiced as if giving boat loads of money to rich people is gonna save the economy.. .. that is NOT anywhere near keynsianism and more likely getting close to the exact opposite of keynsian economics.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:59:29 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:10:09 PM by inca

You lunatics think fiat is printed at will anyhow, so they'll just add a few zeros to the plates and keep the presses running longer, amirite?

Is it not?

I believe it is printed based on the ideas of Keynesian economics blended with a heaping dose of greed and just a pinch of rational thought and consideration for the future.

But if you want to get into a semantics game about what "at will" means and how it applies to the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury, I will resist the alluring waste of time.

Its printed because it has to be, because its the only way to keep things going. I think there is less malice behind QE than people might think. I believe that they are printing money because they have very little choice in the matter. I don't think *anyone* wants the dollar to fail, I'm just not sure that it can really be avoided. Running the presses has to happen so that the actual money supply can keep up with the electronic money that has been 'created' through interest payments, thats about as simple as it gets. Everything else is just complexity that masks that fundamental property of a system based on debt.

True.

I like to think of it in these simple terms.

2008 was the end of the recent credit bubble supercycle, the previous one ended with the great depression in the 1930's. The consumer cannot borrow any more money to support more lending and bidding up of asset prices. To prevent a deflationary spiral with collapse of global total credit the central banks were forced to make a choice.

They chose to maintain asset prices by slashing interest rates to near zero, taking all the private banks bad assets (mortgage backed securities) on their balance sheets in exchange for cash to bail out virtually every major trading house in the western world, and printing money and buying government deficits (maintaining ultra low rates and allowing governments to dramatically increase state expenditure during the great depression mark two).

Now I think this was actually a genius move. The money that the UK gov or US treasury owes the central banks, that extra 50% on the national debt will never be repaid, the bond payments are passed straight back to the government. Last time I checked the BOE owned over 30% of british bonds (gilts) LOL. True banana economics. Meanwhile negative real interest rates for 10 or 20 years will gradually weaken the currency (compounded) and allow the truly epic size of the credit mountain to slowly deflate relative to real world goods, effectively a soft devaluation of Western currencies.

This graph shows what the central banks need to keep from collapsing, and they are doing it by spewing money through government deficits into the real economy until credit can grow again.

All the while money velocity is falling.

So lambchop the answer is yes. Not hyperinflation certainly, but negative real interest rates are going precisely nowhere for a very long time.

I wouldn't give a shit but in the UK this policy has forged an unbreakable intergeneration wealth gap which never existed before.

Edit: couldn't get the fed or best graph links to work..this one isnt great but does demonstrate the run up in credit to 2008.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:07:32 PM

The USA is bankrupt. They are printing their fiat into the sewer. They have just about run out of boots to keep kicking the debt forward to future generations. If the USD collapsed the FDIC would cease to exist.

For a bankrupt country, we're doing pretty well.  Which irrelevant backwater do you hail from?

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

<trots out hobby horse>

Akh...  Problems with authority, a.k.a. "daddy issues."  You realize how unattractive such bilious talk is?
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:17:18 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:40:10 PM by brg444

The USA is bankrupt. They are printing their fiat into the sewer. They have just about run out of boots to keep kicking the debt forward to future generations. If the USD collapsed the FDIC would cease to exist.

For a bankrupt country, we're doing pretty well.  Which irrelevant backwater do you hail from?

Cheesy

this guy is good. I hope you command a high salary for such professional trolling

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:19:14 PM

<trots out hobby horse>

Akh...  Problems with authority, a.k.a. "daddy issues."  You realize how unattractive such bilious talk is?

I had to look back at my prior post (that you snipped and summarized in your own words) to attempt to figure out what the fuck you are talking about.

In any event, I have NOT quite figured it out yet, but I did put back in the proper quote below for ease of reference, just in case anyone may want to attempt to figure it out  - probably NOT for me...    Sad Embarrassed  Cry Lips sealed>>>>

Is it not?

The USA govt. is NOT even close to practicing any version of Keynesian economics, even if some officials may pay lip service to such.

The practice is more like croney capitalism that allows banks and various rich people to take and continue to take dollars, assets and wealth from regular people... in the name of supposed trickly down economics that has been proven NOT to work but it is still practiced as if giving boat loads of money to rich people is gonna save the economy.. .. that is NOT anywhere near keynsianism and more likely getting close to the exact opposite of keynsian economics.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:21:21 PM

Reserves of what?  You lunatics think fiat is printed at will anyhow, so they'll just add a few zeros to the plates and keep the presses running longer, amirite?

Edit:{
"We will keep the exchange rate stable."
means: }

(National/European)Central Bank buys foreign currency by (national)currency. There is no limit on the volume of purchases, as (National)Central Bank is printing  (national)currency itself in paper and electronic form.

I'm not not sure who is lunatic.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:22:23 PM

For a bankrupt country, we're doing pretty well.  Which irrelevant backwater do you hail from?

Cheesy

this guy is good. I hope you commend a high salary for such professional trolling

He suffers from selective hearing.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:27:20 PM

Dear god, you think liberals give 2 shits about the average joe? Hows that war on poverty with trillions spent, taking from one and giving it to another? Get your god damn hands out of MY pockets to give that money to someone else.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Cheesy

this guy is good. I hope you commend a high salary for such professional trolling

Nah.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly is all.  Everything in your post has been addressed previously, but I'll give you a TL;DR:
Since the dollar is a fiction, an unbacked abstraction created by teh evol banksters, what difference does it make how many zeros they need to add to that fiction?  It is no harder to create a billion dollars than it is to create one Undecided
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:37:37 PM

Dear god, you think liberals give 2 shits about the average joe? Hows that war on poverty with trillions spent, taking from one and giving it to another? Get your god damn hands out of MY pockets to give that money to someone else.

"The average Joe"?  "The liberals"?   What brought them to mind?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

Shouldn't you be posting your special brand of venom and bile on "USDollartalk.org"?

Oh wait, you don't have one because everyone fucking hates what it represents so much.

brg444

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:43:05 PM

Nah.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly is all.  Everything in your post has been addressed previously, but I'll give you a TL;DR:
Since the dollar is a fiction, an unbacked abstraction created by teh evol banksters, what difference does it make how many zeros they need to add to that fiction?  It is no harder to create a billion dollars than it is to create one Undecided

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:47:40 PM

Shouldn't you be posting your special brand of venom and bile on "USDollartalk.org"?

Oh wait, you don't have one because everyone fucking hates what it represents so much.

The dollar represents wealth.  It is the standard all others are measured against, including Bitcoin.  

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:51:29 PM

For a bankrupt country, we're doing pretty well.  Which irrelevant backwater do you hail from?

So good that 35.4% are on welfare.

The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare

Bro, our welfare cases live better than most of the world.  Where you be livin' at, too ashamed to say?
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:53:43 PM

Why are you shitting up this thread?  If you have nothing to say, don't say it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:55:09 PM

I have NO real problem with wealth distribution to the poor and investment in the infrastructure and other worth while government ventures...

I would NOT classify taking money from the poor to give to the rich as one of those worth while ventures and I also am a bit skeptical the extent to which military spending is turned into profiteering and contractors.. ... I do recognize a need for public servants and public military troops and accountability and all that mumbo-jumbo.. but NOT the profiteering aspects that amount to redistribution of wealth.. upwards.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:04:09 PM

Cheesy

Fools eh? Speaking in the third person again?

It makes no difference at all how many zero's they add to fiat currency. But the key is to inflate currency slowly enough that noone notices. After all the economy must grow perpetually to enrich us all!

You are finally going on ignore.
brg444

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:05:31 PM

Why are you shitting up this thread?  If you have nothing to say, don't say it.

the irony

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:26:37 PM

You are finally going on ignore.

Not the ignore button.  My only weakness!
You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world...
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: