Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946574 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
azerbaidjan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:18:53 PM

Ok this charade has gone long enough. I usually do not participate in a byzantine discussion. But I will state some facts for those in the UTC community I do care about. First net hashrate will fluctuate up to 300% or more and is not accurate at all. That being said stats on pools are mostly based on net hashrate vs pool hahsrate, so it is hardly accurate too. Our main concern as a pool is accuracy of share earnings and unconfirmed/confirmed earnings. As for us not able to handle auto payouts, this is only laughable, we have stated why we took auto payouts off, and why it's in the best interest of our miners to do so. We have shown we have the interest of the community as well as our miners in the highest regard. We always have been proactive, in this community and we built our reputation on that. We did take measures to help before being asked. To the group voicing concern in an extreme way, what makes you a representative of this community, what have you done for UTC? other than the few newbie accounts and people with ulterior motives, I seen very few people raise legitimate concerns. We will respond to those in the community who we know are honest about what they say. It is astonishing that the same people who asked us to defend other pools and help other pools are now throwing accusations at us. We have not built a successful pool overnight, and neither will you. If you take the time we took to investigate issues and resolve them you might get what you want. We did go along with some suggestions that will help a bit, but it's not going to work if you sit here and demand we build your pool for you. Where are the pool ads? where is the offers you will make to miners to come to your pool. What did you do to fix issues with the client? So we have 65% or more of the community mining at Nitro with a higher fee, have you asked yourself why? Those thinking we will close our pool because you it will do you good!! the answer is no. We will keep signups closed, but it is not our job to advertise your pool for you, if you spent the last few days doing so, you would have had better results. You want to help other pools?, criticizing us is having the opposite effect. Take half the time we took with this community and you will see better results. It's a shame that people ask "where can I mine, Nitro is closed" if you spent a little effort to help yourself, this question would have never been asked. You can sit here and make this the Anti Nitro thread or you can talk about how UTC is doing good on the market and plan to have some of those miners coming in now. People will come here, read how all the pools are failing because of Nitro and what a new miner to think? are you helping yourself? Making statements that bring the opposite of what you want accomplished is counterproductive. If you want a solution we will help, but we will not kick our miners out so you can have a big pool overnight. We worked hard to make Nitro a success, and we will not destroy that because you think we should. We have taken steps on our side to help, now you take the steps on your side to help. It will be slow but if you are positive about it will happen naturally.

Not everyone thinks you are dishonest or whatever and I pretend to be part of the group who likes your work and availability a lot.

The unfortunate (excellent) result of your pool comes from many things, some of them you can act upon, some of them not.

For instance, the number of miners steadily increased since UTC itself recovered from its lows.

Therefore, wouldn't the easiest was to ease up the pain to have a lil crash so most miners would go away mining something else while you would do some houskeeping to clean up unused accounts?...

Just jokin'

Take care Stuhlman

mattbigblue

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:19:03 PM

I just find out that nitro is stealing coins

I have been mining for 9h today and earned 43coins.

By calculations I should have earn 59 coins if pool efficeincy was 100% and 0% fee (I have taken 92% work utility in my case into consideration as well)..Now pool has 3% fee and 110% share efficiency, it still doesn't make 43 coins  Shocked

it's enough reason for me to switch somewhere else...any othere pool within 110% efficiency range and not so many orphans?

Don't be daft.

Exactly, with a current estimated 3000UTC per days made on fees why would NITRO steal 16 coins out of your pocket. Be serious and check at your transactions. Also read what I wrote above about the daily mining estimations that are everything but precise...

Look, I keep mining for few months now lots of coins and keep track of things like that. It's not the coin number that worry me..It's the PERCANTAGE missing. In most of the coins, numbers match, when they don't, something is wrong, I go to other pool and it match again...Now having said that..Numbers on Nitro doesn't match!

Extornia

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:22:19 PM

How much are 280x/7970 getting with current n-factor?
bitcoindirect

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:24:26 PM

Here is the direct Reddit link where I will have most of the updates.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/207014/penguin_books_penguin_foundation_charitable

Thanks again to all those who are helping these kids who don't have the opportunity to have books like we do, and the Penguin Foundation!

Charity Box's so far:
BTC-0.03122
LTC-0.00
DOGE-1,005.60
PENG-200,000.00
AURORA-0.00
FLAP-0.00
RIPPLE-0.00
KLONDIKE-0.00
ULTRA-0.00
EARTH-0.00
DARK-0.00
LEAF-0.00
MINT-0.00
BLACK-0.00

"Hey everyone!

So for those of you who know me either from Reddit or Bitcointalk, I am the guy who has a glass etching business with my girl that started doing glass etched Bitcoin Glasses and have been an active member in the crypto currency world.

Today, I want to inform you that with being a big part in the Penguincoin community, our community has setup with two charitable organizations for whom we are going to work directly with on helping their cause.

In doing so, I personally have promised to the community that ANY SALE made with our glass etching at https://www.etsy.com/shop/pixskull, we will PERSONALLY DONATE 25% off the sale to our donation wallet, which will get divided between the two charitites.  By tomorrow we will post an article that http://cryptoarticles.com

Our first charity we have been in communication with is Penguin Books and the Pearson Foundation.  

Who is known for such books as:*
*Of Mice & Men
*Jane Eyre
*Pride and Prejudice
*The Odyssey
*Hamlet
*Moby Dick

They're charity is http://wegivebooks.org.  We give books donates books to children less fortunate and tries to inspire caregivers and educators the chance to inspire children to become lifelong readers and lifelong givers.

For every $5 dollars donated, they will send two more bookbooks to their charity partners.

The other organization we have communicated with and are making promises to is **The Penguin Foundation**
http://penguinfoundation.org.au

The Penguin Foundation was established to protect and preserve one of Australia's most important natural assets - the little penguin.

The Penguin Foundation aims to provide a dedicated source of funding to support little penguin conservation projects on Phillip Island. These include little penguin rescue and rehabilitation in the event of a man-made disaster; building new little penguin nesting areas; monitoring little penguin health and behaviour; protecting the little penguins' natural environment; and contributing funding to the vital Phillip Island Nature Parks Wildlife Clinic on Phillip Island. Since its establishment in 2006, the Penguin Foundation has raised over $1.5 million.

Our Goal for the penguin foundation is to be a sponsor, but we will have an adopted penguin as well.  And with the current news articles about the Penguin Foundations need, such as http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/article/Knit-a-penguin-sweater-to-help-them-survive-an-5293898.php We felt the need to reach out directly to them.

Any and all donations are beneficial to our cause and the meaning of what Penguincoin is trying to achieve, and what a positive outlook the crypto-currency world will achieve from this and it's ability to do more positive for the world then negative.

Thank you for any help, and please spread the word.  I will gladly update everyone on here, as well as on bitcointalk about the updates and donations we have been receiving, as well as the updates on our penguins and books that have been donated.

Sincerely,

Rich Ferry

Donations are accepted in any of these forms so far.  We will gladly give other currencies the option to donate on request.

*BTC-1MEnRWb5EWoiQm32p3aF78MkBAPheqAvZQ
*LTC-LSAgpiArAQCe8jyUrHZ7vG3vyQv4xwY5GQ
*PENG-pDFQzCdyeqKdzP7LRgAc2G21LQJKzHKXQz
*DOGE-DMEAqJBRkPL38A5MPwmfanDx98sWen6Kgu
*RIPPLE-rPYpuvDH7sXBDF2hEYC1E7Ko2sUEKqYetG
*AURORACOIN-ASZfre39f9Po8ndukHznRzo2y18MF2tift
*FLAP-FFUZk1m7gohkbNCK42YjdZA44FuJ5W3tDe
*KLONDIKE-L6zvYLLeVjwFgWN7cpJb3EMfwjJJXenx1J
*ULTRA-UjkkNHz3X9VrVw1t3z6gA74nhg31ZBKHip
*EARTH-epYihNy9sNmLBHo8HUaSKoVsrgaY2c9LvQ
*DARK-XhgrwWsfE3pGcy6sBqcMTSwvegnqQQGjMF
*LEAF-fHxCcHMzRFjrythxRHhZmM2Xz2E4Q7PtV6
*MINT-MXQcJJCmkFTByLuUYqgatVKBuH3FPNmbcn
*BLACK-B4s9FErujyGYrp4VuR5u94vVBwytoTL9XS

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:31:52 PM

Real scenario: Miners can't register at Nitro cuz registration is closed. They won't mine on other pools cuz of orphans leading to bad reputations as theives for "lesser" pools, potential miners leave UTC completely. This solidifies Nitro's hashrate and discourages new miners. All 100% bad for UTC.

I gotta make a #1 pool that has all the hashes... I'd make a fortune. 2% from 70%....
Let's do some math.

144,000 utc mined per day x 70% as nitro's hashrate = 100,800 UTC mined at Nitro daily
100,800 x 2% nitro's fee = 2016 UTC/day x 7 = 14112UTC/week x .00025 (current market value but you know they hold at least until .0004) = 3.528 BTC/week = $2293 USD/week based on $650 for 1 BTC. $100,000/year, not too shabby. Of course you have equipment and electric expenses.

How much is stolen from other miners??? Still think Stulman is UTC oriented? And that's just from current market value. His profits skyrocket as UTC gets pumped. Nitro would get 5.64 BTC/week if UTC rose to .0004. Making money is one thing, Nitro, everyone is entitled to make money, but not at the unwilling expense of others.

RAISE YOUR FEES.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:38:09 PM

so why math doesn't match? I got 28% less coins than I should...If that's ok then we have nothing to talk about  Shocked

There are many reasons to have a variance and it's to be expected;  unless averaged out over a longer period of time.  One aspect, that hasn't been discussed much, is the quick block time / time for a given block to be found.   These are not, in any way, each the biggest variable;  but they large enough to consider and can add up.

--Even though the block target times are 30 seconds, sometimes blocks get found much quicker.  This can be verified by some of the 50 UTC payouts mentioned along this thread.   Where a single user on a pool got the entire payout.  There were 200-400 other miners at the same time, yet 1 happened to submit a share.

--The difficulty of shares sent to a miner will vary based on the total Kh/s of the miner.  Many now are probably running 64-128 Difficulty, if not higher.  Here again, a block can be found where your miner submits no shares;  or even just a couple shares.   If the pool as a whole submits several thousand shares to your few;  you will receive less coins for that particular block than would be predicted.

--IF miners are at key Kh/s mining rates, often times the miner may be right at a speed "Switch point" for difficulty.  The pool may send a group of shares at 64 difficulty, which it determines come in too fast.  The pool then sends 128 Kh/s shares to your miner;  which for that period will submit 1/2 the "number" of shares total.  If this slows down the received Kh/s too much;  the pool will re-target 64 difficulty shares to your miner.  During the time when a miner is getting the higher share difficulty;  you may easily "miss" blocks without submitting.  Even though a share is worth 2 times the amount. 

-- Network latency can affect how much "time" you get process and submit a share.  This latency also varies and can easily impact shares submitted for a given or several blocks.  Here again, this will lower the actual payout vs. predicted (for those specific blocks)

These points above can happen quite often and dynamically.  These few things can be significant factors for a large variance in "short-term sampling".  These things apply to all miners and all pools;  as well as all crypto coins.  As well, these are irrespective of the "pool luck" and "orphans;  yet can cause just as large (if not larger) change.

As an aside, orphans are something that happen  from time to time on any coin as well.  Also, Orphans are a bit more common with any type of higher N based coin.  All pools are getting some orphans even nitro.

Having said that,  it is still "not so good" to have nitro with a large portion of the net.  Even if there is no malicious intent or outcomes, it is still best for no pool to be over 50%.   Steps have already been taken and maybe more will be.  I imagine as time goes by, this will be less of an issue / will resolve itself;  to some degree. 

Finally, I ran on Nitro and Leet both when I mined and they are reputable and legit.  So, I would first look at some of the above points to resolve your shot-term variance. 

LHM

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506047.0

Please keep donating to unlock 25000 UTC from crypty trade....

UQYa72meX9VCE4GYMu8uXu5YGipU9pTEzS

ok, sent 82+ utc, pretty much all of the coins i have mined since feb 1 with my low end gpu's. Still have the ones i traded for.

f54b9ff7d20aa6bbc77a824efcf89466595aa5e977aba9cf822d74343190d062
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:52:31 PM

Real scenario: Miners can't register at Nitro cuz registration is closed. They won't mine on other pools cuz of orphans leading to bad reputations as theives for "lesser" pools, potential miners leave UTC completely. This solidifies Nitro's hashrate and discourages new miners. All 100% bad for UTC.

I gotta make a #1 pool that has all the hashes... I'd make a fortune. 2% from 70%....
Let's do some math.

144,000 utc mined per day x 70% as nitro's hashrate = 100,800 UTC mined at Nitro daily
100,800 x 2% nitro's fee = 2016 UTC/day x 7 = 14112UTC/week x .00025 (current market value but you know they hold at least until .0004) = 3.528 BTC/week = $2293 USD/week based on $650 for 1 BTC. $100,000/year, not too shabby. Of course you have equipment and electric expenses.

How much is stolen from other miners??? Still think Stulman is UTC oriented? And that's just from current market value. His profits skyrocket as UTC gets pumped. Nitro would get 5.64 BTC/week if UTC rose to .0004. Making money is one thing, Nitro, everyone is entitled to make money, but not at the unwilling expense of others.

RAISE YOUR FEES.

Actually based on your recommendation, we raised fees to 3% so your calculations are a bit off. But you just made my point, you want us to raise fees and say we are greedy! thieves!,  so which it is will make you happy? raise fees or lower fees? or maybe we can do both at the same time? or apply a zigzag algo on the fees. also your estimates on what profit we should make from UTC is way way off even at the 3% fee. My reserved estimates as to UTC value were and still are at $3 to $5 and our holdings will be worth much more money in the very near future.

laterbreh

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:04:29 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 06:17:31 PM by laterbreh

Im going to need to chime in here and clarify because this is getting ridiculous.

First of all, I'll repeat this over and over again until it gets through your skulls. NONE, I repeat NONE of the pools are stealing, or shaving off the top. I assume since you are miners, you are a cut above the average intelligence, and understand basic statistics. LOOK at the STATS, and POOL pages under the statistics column on the pools, this will tell you the % of the pools efficiency. If a pool is at 130% average block time, that means you will make 70% of the pools estimated value at your hash-rate. Its very simple. So this unrelenting bullshit about the pool ops fucking the miners is retarded.

Second of all, nearly all the pool ops that are running a UTC pool were collaborating on launch day to create a sustainable and good infrastructure for the miners, and have been active in helping in eachother succeed and Ultracoin succeed.

I am in touch with the boys over at Nitro, and ill tell you what, they are unhappy with the situation, not only do they not want to charge 3% they want to charge 1%, AND they are going to be donating/giving away a part of their fees that they collect because THEY DONT WANT TO BE IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN. They are in an awkward position, and WE (I mine as well) the miners, HAVE PUT THEM THERE. They possess such a LARGE portion of the hashrate, they will cause ORPHANS on the other pools because simply put, they beat the other pools to the punch or will out-verify the same block even if they solve after another pool because they define the network. This happens when a pool has over 51%, that is not an opinion, that is a fact. It will cause problems and continue to cause problems until we come up with a solution.

Now, its not all bad. Here is some of the good news: Leetpools has gained an additional 60Mhs the pool, Greek and some of the others are also gaining megahashes. But the worker numbers are nitro are staying the same.

I will be starting to offer 0% fees, and some block finder rewards through the weekend to try and bring some of the miners off nitro to our pool, but I ask the other pool ops to drop their fees to 0. Because that is all we can honestly do (other than give away UTC).

What is shitty about the situation:
When nitro goes down, 30% OF THEIR MINERS AUTOMATICALLY FAILOVER TO OUR POOL. So if those miners were to just take out one line from their .bat, that would nearly resolve the issue entirely (as far as orphans and network %s but it screws other pools). When nitro goes down, greekpool doubles, leetpools triples, and Idcray fires up to 100Mhs.

Not only are block times longer on other pools, they are getting orphans, so its a double whammy to the miners on the other pools.

Because of this, other miners will say "fuck that shit" and will stay at nitro.

The owners of nitro cannot destroy their reputation, and no one wants them to, they are good pool ops that run good pools (All of our other pool ops running pools are solid as well).

So asking them to charge 15% fees is extreme, and if they do it, it would be an enormous risk they would take at the expense of their miners who might honestly LIKE mining there, and their reputation. As i have said several times, they are in an awkward position, and I would admit I dont want to be in the position either. Cause you guys are flaming them, and not being a part of the solution. Just move your god damn miners. Thats it.

Stuhl, and Bio, I want to say first of all thank you for your continued support with us, and the other pool ops, you are not greedy nor are you assholes. You are the chillest and most reputable pool ops I've ever met. LeetPools has your back. Always.

joawaywego

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:13:07 PM

i'm a one hash wonder today at 320kh - found two 50UTC blocks today!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

Let's do some math.

RAISE YOUR FEES.

Actually based on your recommendation, we raised fees to 3% so your calculations are a bit off. But you just made my point, you want us to raise fees and say we are greedy! thieves!,  so which it is will make you happy? raise fees or lower fees? or maybe we can do both at the same time? or apply a zigzag algo on the fees. also your estimates on what profit we should make from UTC is way way off even at the 3% fee. My reserved estimates as to UTC value were and still are at $3 to $5 and our holdings will be worth much more money in the very near future.

Show some numbers and ya get a response. Wow and LOL, i think you are confused or are trying to twist my words. I suggested raising your fees for short term to get miners off your network. You should have known that. That has nothing to do with greed. Leaving things the way they were for a week was being greedy. So if you can't see what I meant, you really shouldn't own a business. I and the community thank you for raising your fees, and I expect you would drop them down once hashes are spread.

Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:18:40 PM

Im going to need to chime in here and clarify because this is getting ridiculous.

First of all, I'll repeat this over and over again until it gets through your skulls. NONE, I repeat NONE of the pools are stealing, or shaving off the top. I assume since you are miners, you are a cut above the average intelligence, and understand basic statistics. LOOK at the STATS, and POOL pages under the statistics column on the pools, this will tell you the % of the pools efficiency. If a pool is at 130% average block time, that means you will make 70% of the pools estimated value at your hash-rate. Its very simple. So this unrelenting bullshit about the pool ops fucking the miners is retarded.

Second of all, nearly all the pool ops that are running a UTC pool were collaborating on launch day to create a sustainable and good infrastructure for the miners, and have been active in helping in eachother succeed and Ultracoin succeed.

I am in touch with the boys over at Nitro, and ill tell you what, they are unhappy with the situation, not only do they not want to charge 3% they want to charge 1%, AND they are going to be donating/giving away a part of their fees that they collect because THEY DONT WANT TO BE IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN. They are in an awkward position, and WE (I mine as well) the miners, HAVE PUT THEM THERE. They possess such a LARGE portion of the hashrate, they will cause ORPHANS on the other pools because simply put, they beat the other pools to the punch or will out-verify the same block even if they solve after another pool because they define the network. This happens when a pool has over 51%, that is not an opinion, that is a fact. It will cause problems and continue to cause problems until we come up with a solution.

Now, its not all bad. Here is some of the good news: Leetpools has gained an additional 60Mhs the pool, Greek and some of the others are also gaining megahashes. But the worker numbers are nitro are staying the same.

I will be starting to offer 0% fees, and some block finder rewards through the weekend to try and bring some of the miners off nitro to our pool, but I ask the other pool ops to drop their fees to 0. Because that is all we can honestly do (other than give away UTC).

What is shitty about the situation:
When nitro goes down, 30% OF THEIR MINERS AUTOMATICALLY FAILOVER TO OUR POOL. So if those miners were to just take out one line from their .bat, that would nearly resolve the issue entirely (as far as orphans and network %s but it screws other pools). When nitro goes down, greekpool doubles, leetpools triples, and Idcray fires up to 100Mhs.

Not only are block times longer on other pools, they are getting orphans, so its a double whammy to the miners on the other pools.

Because of this, other miners will say "fuck that shit" and will stay at nitro.

The owners of nitro cannot destroy their reputation, and no one wants them to, they are good pool ops that run good pools (All of our other pool ops running pools are solid as well).

So asking them to charge 15% fees is extreme, and if they do it, it would be an enormous risk they would take at the expense of their miners who might honestly LIKE mining there, and their reputation. As i have said several times, they are in an awkward position, and I would admit I dont want to be in the position either. Cause you guys are flaming them, and not being a part of the solution. Just move your god damn miners. Thats it.

Stuhl, and Bio, I want to say first of all thank you for your continued support with us, and the other pool ops, you are not greedy nor are you assholes. You are the chillest and most reputable pool ops I've ever met. LeetPools has your back. Always.

+1 for that mate Smiley
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:34:09 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:05:42 PM by Protagonus

First and foremost.  I would have preferred to offer this suggestion in a PM........but.....here's a crazy thought.  Just to throw out there.

-snip-
I am in touch with the boys over at Nitro, and ill tell you what, they are unhappy with the situation, not only do they not want to charge 3% they want to charge 1%, AND they are going to be donating/giving away a part of their fees that they collect because THEY DONT WANT TO BE IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN.
-snip-
-snip-

This is only a thought.  I am not saying / expecting this is how it should be:

What if;  Nitro uses a portion of the extra fees to pay for a block reward to all of the other pools? E.G.  (Nitro pays for the block reward that the other pools will offer.) All pools could offer a reward (as you mention) and not have to incur the cost themselves.  This would / could be one way nitro can donate some of their "unwanted extra" back to the miners who DO support the other pools.   I only offer this, since nitro is going to donate and you mention a reward.  

It would seem possible to kill many birds with a stone thrown this way.

(edited to clarify)
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

In case nitro and leet owners think this as a lot has been said over the last few days, just to clarify a few points:

1: I never said raise fees to 15%.

2: I did say leet was stealing from us , but that was before I found out Nitro was the reason, at which point I issued a statement that both sites were fine. I set my rig to confirm, half rig at leet, other half at nitro. There was no big difference between NITRO and LEET, but Nitro was paying about an hour faster on slower half of my rig, which to me was negligable until I ran some more numbers based on my future rigs.

3: Nitro grabbing the already solved blocks out of the hands of other pools IS stealing, and the problem was known about for at least a week, possibly longer, so for that reason, Nitro is greedy. But they have increased their fee to spread hashes so I can say they are remedy-ing the problem. Hats off to Nitro, now I can support Nitro. You gave me a reason to say why your pool is '#1" again.

I'm soooooooo glad Nitro has taken further action, my biggest fear is having the governments stepping in and regulating pools and exchanges. we need to continue to work out our problems, but in a more timely manner. Week no good. Days ok. 7 days at 25% mining loss adds up. What happens when Senators or important govern-'mental' people start investing in crypto and this shit starts happening? Granted they proabably won't mine, but there is a possibility. Texan politicians who become Presidents drill for oil...... same thing.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:04:24 PM

First and foremost.  I would have preferred to offer this suggestion in a PM........but.....here's a crazy thought.  Just to throw out there.

-snip-
I am in touch with the boys over at Nitro, and ill tell you what, they are unhappy with the situation, not only do they not want to charge 3% they want to charge 1%, AND they are going to be donating/giving away a part of their fees that they collect because THEY DONT WANT TO BE IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN.
-snip-
-snip-

This is only a thought.  I am not saying / expecting this is how it should be:

What if;  Nitro uses a portion of the extra fees to pay for a block reward to all of the other pools?  All pools could offer a reward (as you mention) and not have to incur the cost themselves.  This would / could be one way nitro can donate some of their "unwanted extra" back to the miners who DO support the other pools.   I only offer this, since nitro is going to donate and you mention a reward. 

It would seem possible to kill many birds with a stone thrown this way.

That helps, but it doesn't help all the miners incurring losses.

laterbreh

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:09:02 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:27:36 PM by laterbreh

sakr

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:21:26 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:36:32 PM by sakr

Thanks for adding thepool.pw
laterbreh

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

Amended Smiley

hansolo93

Activity: 301

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:41:39 PM

guys we're in space fyling to pluto , i hope you bought your ticketsss
AceCobra1

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:41:47 PM

Guys, is it NORMAL to get 17% orphan on block finds??

http://ultra.leetpools.com/ has found 17% orphans the last 24 hours. I have been mining here for over 5 days and I never hit my "target" UTC as per dash board predictions. Normally, it is 65% of what I should get and I think it might be to do with orphaning. I am thinking of moving pools because of this.
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: