Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:51:44 AM

Otoh's going to have to take Wall-E for a stroll uptown if he would like some action...

I think that it's really encouraging for the future of the coin that two main exchanges have a large amount of liquidity available for a big DRK holder to sell into should they wish and nobody has taken it so far...

If you're sitting on up to 75k of DRK that you want to exit from then you're not going to argue over 10% here or there and you would take the 0.00625 price and run. The opportunity to sell into such a large bid without crashing the price doesn't come along often so I'm surprised none of the big players have taken it yet...

This can only be bullish for DRK in my humble opinion!

Walter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:21:43 AM

Otoh's going to have to take Wall-E for a stroll uptown if he would like some action...

I think that it's really encouraging for the future of the coin that two main exchanges have a large amount of liquidity available for a big DRK holder to sell into should they wish and nobody has taken it so far...

If you're sitting on up to 75k of DRK that you want to exit from then you're not going to argue over 10% here or there and you would take the 0.00625 price and run. The opportunity to sell into such a large bid without crashing the price doesn't come along often so I'm surprised none of the big players have taken it yet...

Walter

Agree, but with 2 million DRK now tied up in masternodes and many other firm holders I am not surprised the market is tight, I think we are seeing a "good" rise, nice slow grinding higher each day, people coming in and out....

A bit like growth, debt fueled is bad, but productivity based is good, I feel like we are seeing "good" growth....

Having said that I think DRK is funamentally undervalued and at some points it will pop, probably over 0.01, and then stay there..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:26:56 AM

Walter

Agree, but with 2 million DRK now tied up in masternodes and many other firm holders I am not surprised the market is tight, I think we are seeing a "good" rise, nice slow grinding higher each day, people coming in and out....

A bit like growth, debt fueled is bad, but productivity based is good, I feel like we are seeing "good" growth....

Having said that I think DRK is funamentally undervalued and at some points it will pop, probably over 0.01, and then stay there..

I'm interested to see whether there will be any price change as a result of the upcoming reduction in block reward. 

In perfect theoretical lab conditions a 7% drop in block reward should lead to a 7% increase in coin value...right?  Wink
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:30:45 AM

After seeing the effort that went into the Bitcoin Rush video and reading people's reactions here, I wanted to share my feelings on the  aspect of promoting Darkcoin's anonymity/privacy.

I don't think the "window curtains" angle is the proper way to distinguish DRK.  That still comes across as another way of saying DRK can be used for nefarious purposes. While the concept itself is definitely valid (and appreciated), we must remember that we are promoting a CURRENCY, not a method of concealing identity.

Given the current state of society, I can understand the reason most would instinctively look at this from the perspective of "taking back our financial privacy," but really the strongest way to argue this is not to acknowledge that it can be taken away at all.  Currency is one of those sacred things that every person should be able to use freely and confidently no matter what.  By arguing from the defensive angle, you are granting that "money trail" type of law enforcement detective work is acceptable in the first place. It is not.

This issue is not dissimilar to the one of mass surveillance.  When people are constantly worrying about saying the wrong thing and getting "targeted," their productivity, creativity and freedom suffers.  Free speech is a right, and an assumption of privacy should always exist.  How did they catch bad guys before telephones and computers? Oh yeah, they had to do real work.  The exact same thing goes for currency.

So my vote for Darkcoin promotion is to stick with the economic fundamentals. Bitcoin is an almost perfect world currency but it lacks privacy. Why is that important? Because it affects FUNGIBILITY. When people are afraid to spend or accept it, it doesn't get used freely and productivity suffers.

What image does a duffel bag full of hundred dollar bills conjure?  It probably looks like "drug money" or "blood money" or something BAD to most people.  Do shop keepers question your credit card as much as they do your hundred dollar bill? 

What about those bitcoins Coinbase identified as being connected to gambling, or those identified as part of SR or some other negatively portrayed activity.  I is theoretically possible that governments could coerce the mining pools into making sure those particular coins are not spendable.  In the meantime, how can normal honest people be fully confident in accepting a currency which could potentially get confiscated, devalued, or even implicate them in the future as suspects in crimes which they are in no way connected to? 

A truly fungible currency means that everybody will confidently accept it without hesitation.  When every single coin is anonymous, they are equal. That's the real potential of Darkcoin, as I see it.

While Bitcoin gives us nothing to doubt about the coin's validity (cannot be faked, decentralized, value comes from powerful mining effort, no charge-backs, no double-spends, etc.), Darkcoin goes one step further and gives us nothing to fear.

TL;DR --
Promoting DRK's anonymity feature as closed doors/windows/etc to keep things private still invites the falicious "you should have nothing to hide" argument.
Privacy is an inherant component of any truly fungible currency. Promote the fungibility and people will simply use it, no questions asked--and none needed!

(sorry for the long first post. I've been lurking here since page 1000 and finally just registered so I can contribute)

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:32:24 AM

Poor soul sold 90btc DRK and already lost half of it in XPY Smiley .

How do you know they were buying paycoin ?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:36:01 AM

A truly fungible currency means that everybody will confidently accept it without hesitation.  When every single coin is anonymous, they are equal. That's the real potential of Darkcoin, as I see it.

+1 !

Agree with every single word and very well expressed.

See also my previous post in this vein...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10211325#msg10211325

dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:37:52 AM

After seeing the effort that went into the Bitcoin Rush video and reading people's reactions here, I wanted to share my feelings on the  aspect of promoting Darkcoin's anonymity/privacy.

I don't think the "window curtains" angle is the proper way to distinguish DRK.  That still comes across as another way of saying DRK can be used for nefarious purposes. While the concept itself is definitely valid (and appreciated), we must remember that we are promoting a CURRENCY, not a method of concealing identity.

Given the current state of society, I can understand the reason most would instinctively look at this from the perspective of "taking back our financial privacy," but really the strongest way to argue this is not to acknowledge that it can be taken away at all.  Currency is one of those sacred things that every person should be able to use freely and confidently no matter what.  By arguing from the defensive angle, you are granting that "money trail" type of law enforcement detective work is acceptable in the first place. It is not.

This issue is not dissimilar to the one of mass surveillance.  When people are constantly worrying about saying the wrong thing and getting "targeted," their productivity, creativity and freedom suffers.  Free speech is a right, and an assumption of privacy should always exist.  How did they catch bad guys before telephones and computers? Oh yeah, they had to do real work.  The exact same thing goes for currency.

So my vote for Darkcoin promotion is to stick with the economic fundamentals. Bitcoin is an almost perfect world currency but it lacks privacy. Why is that important? Because it affects FUNGIBILITY. When people are afraid to spend or accept it, it doesn't get used freely and productivity suffers.

What image does a duffel bag full of hundred dollar bills conjure?  It probably looks like "drug money" or "blood money" or something BAD to most people.  Do shop keepers question your credit card as much as they do your hundred dollar bill? 

What about those bitcoins Coinbase identified as being connected to gambling, or those identified as part of SR or some other negatively portrayed activity.  I is theoretically possible that governments could coerce the mining pools into making sure those particular coins are not spendable.  In the meantime, how can normal honest people be fully confident in accepting a currency which could potentially get confiscated, devalued, or even implicate them in the future as suspects in crimes which they are in no way connected to? 

While Bitcoin gives us nothing to doubt about the coin's validity (cannot be faked, decentralized, value comes from powerful mining effort, no charge-backs, no double-spends, etc.), Darkcoin goes one step further and gives us nothing to fear.

TL;DR --
Promoting DRK's anonymity feature as closed doors/windows/etc to keep things private still invites the falicious "you should have nothing to hide" argument.
Privacy is an inherant component of any truly fungible currency. Promote the fungibility and people will simply use it, no questions asked--and none needed!

(sorry for the long first post. I've been lurking here since page 1000 and finally just registered so I can contribute)

Welcome Bridgewater... This is a very good point you make and I agree it should be the angle we should use when promoting Darkcoin.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:40:15 AM

Litecoin and Darkcoin

http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/litecoin-darkcoin/

Grin Grin Grin
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:50:38 AM

Poor soul sold 90btc DRK and already lost half of it in XPY Smiley .

How do you know they were buying paycoin ?

Because seconds after the 90BTC sale there was a 90BTC buy on XPY

We said at the time, it was a good lesson in how to throw money away - didnt think it would happen quite so fast!

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:51:33 AM

TL;DR --

interesting point of view!

Bridgewater, welcome to the thread  Grin
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

Unbelievable folly.

What are people thinking.
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:07:38 PM

Unbelievable folly.

Quite...

On the DRK side.... If 650 pops, I think we will see take off...

Terzo2

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:13:01 PM

Unbelievable folly.

Quite...

On the DRK side.... If 650 pops, I think we will see take off...

We need people back in crypto. We can see most of the LTC,DOGE holders exiting true BTC and then USD .
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:15:49 PM

We need people back in crypto. We can see most of the LTC,DOGE holders exiting true BTC and then USD .

Gold is on the move.

System creaking - Swiss ditching EUR peg, oil price plummet.
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:17:30 PM

Exactly, they will be back.... Its the way of things that people cycle round.. Usually when things seem really bad its the time you should be piling in, it feels wrong, but often its the right move...

Herd mentality, nice to be in one, but you wont get the big returns...

I think the herds will be back... Soon..

Bridgewater

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:19:24 PM

+1 !

Agree with every single word and very well expressed.

See also my previous post in this vein...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10211325#msg10211325

Thanks. It seems we came to the same conclusion  Grin  

I really enjoy reading your posts, btw.  I think the Darkcoin community benefits from your insight, and your trading alerts are always fun. Keep up the good work!
Bridgewater

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:31:45 PM

Welcome Bridgewater... This is a very good point you make and I agree it should be the angle we should use when promoting Darkcoin.
interesting point of view!

Bridgewater, welcome to the thread  Grin

Thanks guys. It feels good to finally post something here after so many months of lurking.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:32:40 PM

I think the Darkcoin community benefits from your insight

The sentiment's mutual  Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:09:18 PM

otoh, you're the man. so much fun to watch the charts these days, thank you.

Whow
these buy walls on crypts are still standing !
amazing !
25k at 0.0063
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

Reminds me of the fires that stoked the last mega run....

Dark about to get the attention it deserves I think..

Pages: « 1 ... 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: