Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:50:16 AM

Is there any rush to upgrade from 11.9 to 11.10 masternodes ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

snip....
Oh I understand how they're going to spend it.  Grin  -  Just a bit unclear on how they're going to, you know, earn anything...

% of transactions. They are a variant on an exchange, like Gox and MintGox
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:56:02 AM

No, I have no idea either, but you don't get the sort of pedigree corporates and high-net-worth individuals involved if they don't have some pretty serious plans. That's what I'm saying, to just make a disparaging remark and a condescending "flick-away" is ignorant in the face of the companies and personnel taking part. DFJ Growth (who're known for investing in disruptive technology startups), Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Ribbit Capital, the NYSE, BBVA (the Spanish bank), DoCoMo Capital (part of NTT, the huge Japanese telco) and they've taken personal investments from former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit and former Thomson Reuters CEO Tom Glocer.

Aha, am I supposed to bow down in respect to a grand list thieves? Idiots like these are why the world economy is a farce of leveraged funny money backed by communal delusion and a death spiral of central bank market rigging and QE.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:57:37 AM

snip....
Oh I understand how they're going to spend it.  Grin  -  Just a bit unclear on how they're going to, you know, earn anything...

Well that's a business model worth throwing money at right there!  Cheesy
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:06:12 AM

snip....
Oh I understand how they're going to spend it.  Grin  -  Just a bit unclear on how they're going to, you know, earn anything...

Well that's a business model worth throwing money at right there!  Cheesy

To be honest, these sorts of deals and growth ambitions should be welcomed. They are going around the world educating people about an alternative way to do cross-border transactions without having to go through the banking system which has built a backbone that is hard to replicate and you have to pay a lot to use it.

That's why Ripple is doing well - its allowing small banks to connect globally without having to go through larger banks.
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Good to see all the recent developments and the minor price increase as well.

While a quick price surge would be unfounded at the moment, it would give some great publicity - and since the fundamentals of DRK are WAY stronger compared to May 2014, i guess many more would stick with the coin for long term.

So this is a rare scenario where I believe a quick surge would be more beneficial than a healthy steady growth. Not that my opinion makes a difference in the actions taken on the market - I'll just sit back hoping.
Did my part by converting all LTC of mine to DRK.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

snip....
Oh I understand how they're going to spend it.  Grin  -  Just a bit unclear on how they're going to, you know, earn anything...

To be honest, these sorts of deals and growth ambitions should be welcomed. They are going around the world educating people about an alternative way to do cross-border transactions without having to go through the banking system which has built a backbone that is hard to replicate and you have to pay a lot to use it.

That's why Ripple is doing well - its allowing small banks to connect globally without having to go through larger banks.

+1

They are going around the world educating people about an alternative way to do cross-border transactions without having to go through the banking system

Lonecrouton this is what I'm getting at. Yes they're part of the regular financial world with all its funny money, boys' clubs, Wall Street corruption, etc. But this represents a large amount of investment money coming into crypto. It can only be good in the long run because a whole lot of new people (many thousands) that the regular crpto world would never have reached are going to be exposed to what this is all about.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:33:35 AM

Good to see all the recent developments and the minor price increase as well.

While a quick price surge would be unfounded at the moment, it would give some great publicity - and since the fundamentals of DRK are WAY stronger compared to May 2014, i guess many more would stick with the coin for long term.

So this is a rare scenario where I believe a quick surge would be more beneficial than a healthy steady growth. Not that my opinion makes a difference in the actions taken on the market - I'll just sit back hoping.

Very wise move. Nice to see someone who was in LTC seeing the Dark. Expect there'll be many more.

illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:50:34 AM

snip....

Well that's a business model worth throwing money at right there!  Cheesy

Just wait until people have deposited 2x your amount of investment in coins (or whatever your target exit win% is) and claim "hack". Very profitable.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:57:39 AM

snip....

+1

They are going around the world educating people about an alternative way to do cross-border transactions without having to go through the banking system

Lonecrouton this is what I'm getting at. Yes they're part of the regular financial world with all its funny money, boys' clubs, Wall Street corruption, etc. But this represents a large amount of investment money coming into crypto. It can only be good in the long run because a whole lot of new people (many thousands) that the regular crpto world would never have reached are going to be exposed to what this is all about.

I'm not unhappy that they are spending the money, I just wish I knew how coinbase sold them the deal.

Can you imagine what Evan could do with a fraction of that? 'Hey crooks, give us a bit of funding and you and your sociopath corporate brethren can have a perfectly anonymous means of shuffling your loot about instead of just a fancier web wallet for a traceable currency...'  Wink
kiindje

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:00:35 AM

guys,

is there anyone who can point me to an understandable guide of the start-many setup?

i understand that this should now work properly?

although i haven't found a thread yet where this is well explained.

tx

It works perfectly, and is very easy. Instructions are in the download archive, look for /src/darkcoin.version-number/doc/masternode_conf.md

In short:
1. Import your existing privkeys into a new or an existing wallet. Preferably a new up to date wallet.
2. Make a textfile called masternode.conf, structure it according to the directions in masternode_conf.md
3. Unlock your wallet with 'walletpassphrase <passphrase> <time-in-seconds>' and issue 'masternode start-many' at the console.

thanks for the explanation!

i think i almost got it, though i have some follow up questions, because i keep having an error :

- the error is : options configuration file contains an invalid line 'the mn1 details' only use the key = value syntax (what am i doing wrong here) i used the alia,IP + port, mn privkey, collateral output tx id and index (they are all index 0)
- is it possible to have like 3 mn setup in your wallet for which you can use the start-many command and also have like 2 or 3 receiving addresses which are not meant for masternodes? or does this have to be a wallet with solely the private keys of the public addresses with 1K DRK each on it?

thanks in advance for your guidance Smiley
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 11:02:35 AM

prophet said: i see 0.016 until end of week Grin

let there be rain Wink

Dream...

0.016 before instantX
after that we have to disconnect the price from btc, because btc is the real altcoin then...

What's the date for InstantX ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:05:24 AM

guys,

is there anyone who can point me to an understandable guide of the start-many setup?

tx

It works perfectly, and is very easy. Instructions are in the download archive, look for /src/darkcoin.version-number/doc/masternode_conf.md

In short:
1. Import your existing privkeys into a new or an existing wallet. Preferably a new up to date wallet.
2. Make a textfile called masternode.conf, structure it according to the directions in masternode_conf.md
3. Unlock your wallet with 'walletpassphrase <passphrase> <time-in-seconds>' and issue 'masternode start-many' at the console.

i think i almost got it, though i have some follow up questions, because i keep having an error :

- the error is : options configuration file contains an invalid line 'the mn1 details' only use the key = value syntax (what am i doing wrong here) i used the alia,IP + port, mn privkey, collateral output tx id and index (they are all index 0)
- is it possible to have like 3 mn setup in your wallet for which you can use the start-many command and also have like 2 or 3 receiving addresses which are not meant for masternodes? or does this have to be a wallet with solely the private keys of the public addresses with 1K DRK each on it?

Check the formatting, make sure it's exactly as in the example, single whitespace between each entry, no spare lines/tabs/spaces.

And yes you can have a day-to-day address or whatever else in the same wallet, just make sure when you are sending funds that you select inputs from the day-to-day address (use coin control) so that you don't inadvertently break a Masternode by sending from one of the 1000DRK collateral lumps.
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:25:10 AM

prophet said: i see 0.016 until end of week Grin

let there be rain Wink

Dream...

0.016 before instantX
after that we have to disconnect the price from btc, because btc is the real altcoin then...

What's the date for InstantX ?

only evan knows that. He is still in DS Mode for the next days, i think.

After launched 11.0.10, Evan wrote "I'm officially moving onto finishing implementation of InstantX, expect more great things in the near future "  Cool
balu

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:05:12 PM

otoh, please move your walls to 68 !  Wink

If the price of DRK depends on 1-2 people that's quite sad for us all. It's also bad for the currency if 1 holder has such a significant share (no offense).

I'm all for a price surge, but counting on 1 person to buy all available on the market is not the way to do it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:07:57 PM

If the price of DRK depends on 1-2 people that's quite sad for us all. It's also bad for the currency if 1 holder has such a significant share (no offense).

I'm all for a price surge, but counting on 1 person to buy all available on the market is not the way to do it.

+1

Adoption is what's needed, not one-man walls.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:10:52 PM

I seem to have made a little mistake while setting up my 7th MN. I used the wrong privkey in the MN itself and the masternode.conf file. So I edited the privkey in both the MN and the masternode.conf file, and restarted everything. Is this even possible?

The MN Ninja is showing a balance of 0, and the wallet address doesn't exist according to the network.

Anyone?
Apparently it's not working, I'm doing the steps all over again. Much less hassle! Smiley
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:23:26 PM

otoh, please move your walls to 68 !  Wink

yep, that's true. also i don't think it's only otoh that has driven the market in the last days, darksend is bulletproof now and instantX is comming.
otoh is protecting us from the p&d boys, btc is rising, ltc is nearly dead (sorry), that's ok for the moment...

Ootoh is not protecting nor caring of anything or anyone, he is just making money and looking his own interest and his own agenda. You guys should not celebrate him... Monopoly is never good.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
RenegadeMan

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

+1

Adoption is what's needed, not one-man walls.

Mmmm....yes....all this interaction with Otoh is all good and cute but when he decides he's going to exit to the tune of similar amounts of DRK as he has orders in at the moment, it's not going to be pretty. It will be whale-dumping-from-hell that will potentially make some of the previous dumps (a la Internet Ape, Ryan Kennedy-Mintpal/Moolah) look tame. People will be screaming and cursing....but that's the nature of having a very big player like he is in your market; when they want to leave, lots of others will decide the party's over too and head for the exits all at the same time. The result: price collapse. That's the reality of what we're all invested in here and everyone needs to realise it.

(I mean no offence to you Otoh; I'm sure you're a hell of a nice guy I'd enjoy talking with. Just highlighting the reality of the situation and that your affairs could change resulting in your desire to exit at some point and it will impact the market dramatically; no two ways about it)

kiindje

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

guys,

tx

In short:

Check the formatting, make sure it's exactly as in the example, single whitespace between each entry, no spare lines/tabs/spaces.

And yes you can have a day-to-day address or whatever else in the same wallet, just make sure when you are sending funds that you select inputs from the day-to-day address (use coin control) so that you don't inadvertently break a Masternode by sending from one of the 1000DRK collateral lumps.

formatting is exactly the same

conf file looks like this currently:
mn1 54.201.192.114:9999 7sPNxbVThiJwCKusGNLqsopE7HAAJ5yZNBZKjfWNEgMpZdjiSA9
defe770ef1ee1977efc84b08d817502b65d18a22dbb8ec5e54681196044ffd6b 0
mn2 54.186.228.115:9999 7sMqM5HxamJRx3k6kLcHnLTuSLyeKDcHiL1nJ1CaFU6ZWJsbCMB
c466666faf0e87b90f4a805613bd349930fb5bc80188ee758e6f6937ba3cd383 0

is there anything more besides this that i need to add?
Pages: « 1 ... 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: