Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 [3851] 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:04:07 AM

pls dont rise too fast, im still waiting for my btc to buy more drkcoin

and rising
you better get a move on
 Cool

my btc still on the pool, waiting for confirmation  Shocked

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:27:10 AM

The waiting for page 4000 is killing me.

We haven't talked about changing the logo or name for a few hundred pages.

That always creates some feverish posting.....How about changing the name to otohcoin?

I'm pretty sure Otoh is launching a hostile takeover bid judging by those buy walls... Expect an imminent announcement!  Wink

I have a lot of respect to what Otoh is doing right now , but why on BTC side and not on USD side ?
It would give us a great stepping away from BTC, which in the end should be the case

Otoh was an early investor in BTC so has a substantial holding. It's probably just easier to buy in the DRK/BTC pair than to convert back to fiat and then buy DRK... Plus the DRK/BTC pair has a lot more liquidity than the DRK/USD pair. Otoh has the best part of $100k equivalent of BTC on the DRK bid books at Cryptsy and Bitfinex, there just isn't the liquidity on the USD markets...

Plus converting it back to fiat will create a 'footprint' if you know what I mean...  Wink

Walter

Some reading on Otoh and his fine pedigree https://medium.com/@mhuzaifaali/second-bitcoin-miner-after-satoshi-shares-his-experience-1c9b0c107ed

I figured that Otoh wouldn't mind me posting this seeing as it is in the public domain anyway...

That's Hal Finney, I'm a far cry from his level, he's also gone to meet the great coder in the sky I believe.

Hawkward!  I made the assumption that you were Hal because it is linked from Otoh.net with little explanation.  Sorry to hear about Hal.  I'm also very glad to hear that you don't have LGD!
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:37:59 AM

Great photo Tungfa Smiley

Regarding the MN payments...
Enforcment OFF = irregular payments
Enforcment ON = regular clock payments

we need 80% updated network to swich from OFF to ON!

Where is the motivation to upgrade?  I upgrade right away, don't get paid.  Someone on v10 stays at v10, gets paid twice.  

This really needs to be addressed.

I also updated to .09 within hours and then overnight in between .09 and .10 being released my MN went offline somehow and I must have fallen outside of the 71 minute timer so am out of the payment cycle (which perhaps all of us are anyway given enforcement has been switched off).

I know Evan and the dev team are working very hard and, like many here, I really do appreciate it but think it's imperative the payment processing and fairness of distribution amongst MNs is better managed during updates like this. That there are no hard and fast processes to take MNs out of the network that are on old versions and that many of these same MNs owners are getting paid where people who've been diligent in updating quickly aren't, isn't a workable situation (and MN owners will naturally start delaying updating if they're consistently loosing payments). It's also concerning that enforcement gets turned on and off so easily. Surely this just should be a stock standard part of the MN protocol that's not so centralised? (I know we're still in 'beta' effectively but can't we just leave enforcement on and live with whatever consequences of that as a lesser evil than manually switching it all the time? Forgive me if my comments indicate I'm not understanding this at all).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:56:54 AM

Where is the motivation to upgrade?  I upgrade right away, don't get paid.  Someone on v10 stays at v10, gets paid twice. 

Man, this is not about the motivation Now you're acting like a bad actor here. You invested your money and if you want the coin to succeed do as the devs ask you. Otherwise please sell and stop moaning about upgrades, even if they come very often. Other communities would love to have daily upgrades lol.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:11:55 AM

tx
when is the next payment adjustment coming through ?!
you have an idea about the block count ?
block 209840

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:16:47 AM

tx
when is the next payment adjustment coming through ?!
you have an idea about the block count ?
block 209840

cool tx
how long does that take ?
a week or two ?!
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:17:47 AM

Where is the motivation to upgrade?  I upgrade right away, don't get paid.  Someone on v10 stays at v10, gets paid twice. 

Man, this is not about the motivation Now you're acting like a bad actor here. You invested your money and if you want the coin to succeed do as the devs ask you. Otherwise please sell and stop moaning about upgrades, even if they come very often. Other communities would love to have daily upgrades lol.

I disagree.

We should have a testnet and testing methodology that means that we have fewer releases.  IMHO it is the regularity of releases that leads to the apathy to update.

Why should the various masternode hosting services upgrade to a version until they are sure it is stable?  I'm just grabbing figures from my head here but what if Flare hosts 300 masternodes and needs to manage the comms because there is also a protocol change?  Would you upgrade your customers to 11.0 straight away when there is a good chance we will be on 11.10 within a week?

I'd rather have one release that is stable with new features waiting to the next major release.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:18:51 AM

Where is the motivation to upgrade?  I upgrade right away, don't get paid.  Someone on v10 stays at v10, gets paid twice.  

I disagree.

We should have a testnet and testing methodology that means that we have fewer releases.  IMHO it is the regularity of releases that leads to the apathy to update.

Why should the various masternode hosting services upgrade to a version until they are sure it is stable?  I'm just grabbing figures from my head here but what if Flare hosts 300 masternodes and needs to manage the comms because there is also a protocol change?  Would you upgrade your customers to 11.0 straight away when there is a good chance we will be on 11.10 within a week?

I'd rather have one release that is stable with new features waiting to the next major release.

+ 1
 Cool
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:25:42 AM

are we on 35 % in the moment
 Huh
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:29:05 AM

Yes Tungfa 35%

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:30:44 AM

Yes Tungfa 35%

tx
 Grin
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:33:24 AM

I disagree.

This! I am not happy with the current "testing on mainnet" approach either.

We need to consolidate and go back to testnet.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:48:19 AM

I disagree.

This! I am not happy with the current "testing on mainnet" approach either.

We need to consolidate and go back to testnet.

Its a personal decision but I have decided to stop funding resources on testnet now.  I think the devs need to have a proper think about how it can be bigger and better and not be dependent on the generosity of various individuals to provide USD resources for free.  Some of the people who started paying for VPS in testnet did so to try to improve the stability of releases where they didn't have the technical ability to help...I was one of them and it isn't working.

On a more positive note, I reckon once we have a version that we KNOW to be stable I'm sure we'll have enforcement back on in no time.  These are good times for Darkcoin...testing and release management seems to be the blot on the copy book.
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 08:16:11 AM

http://fortune.com/2015/01/20/coinbase-raises-75-million-in-largest-ever-vc-round-for-bitcoin-company/

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:18:03 AM

How long do "darksend denominate" transactions take to confirm?  Should I do anything if it has been sitting in that status for 20 min?

nevermind, went through!

Feel totally free to ignore this advice, but declaring when you are mixing compromises your own anonymity, which you may or may not care about, but since you are more identifiable it also weakens the anonymity of the people you are mixing with. Considering i am fairly sure no single person owns 1500 masternodes it is a very small point, but it looks like I am the guy who is pointing it out this time around. Not telling you what to do though, stick your dick in the mashed potatoes for all i care. The more you know!

I'm just mixing for fun...so no real problem there.  I'm sorry if I compromised anyone else..won't do it from now on.

On another note, DirectBet wasn't good to me today

Don't be sorry hombre, was just a good opportunity to remind everyone. I also am just firing up some DirectBet, I keep it small so I can keep playing!

I hit 2 of the same numbers back to back in a total of 5 rolls.  ( 25 25 1 87 87). I find it really hard to believe that it's random... Something like that is like 1/million

Actually man that might be indicative that it is closer to true random. As I understand it, usually when you give humans the option of choosing something "random" its actually a contrived algorithm to appear random to us. True random seems fake to humans because it has occurrences of lots of repeat numbers and weird shit like that, and since we are evolved from apes our brains were totally not needed in that category they short circuit and it doesn't appear random to us. Something like that!

Apparently, there's a lot of truth to this... I heard that the iPod 'shuffle' function was originally a random one, but then people complained that they'd get the same song twice and that it was much to frequent to be random! So Apple made the 'shuffle' function less random... To make it appear more random!  Roll Eyes  Wink

Walter
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:23:14 AM

How long do "darksend denominate" transactions take to confirm?  Should I do anything if it has been sitting in that status for 20 min?

nevermind, went through!

Feel totally free to ignore this advice, but declaring when you are mixing compromises your own anonymity, which you may or may not care about, but since you are more identifiable it also weakens the anonymity of the people you are mixing with. Considering i am fairly sure no single person owns 1500 masternodes it is a very small point, but it looks like I am the guy who is pointing it out this time around. Not telling you what to do though, stick your dick in the mashed potatoes for all i care. The more you know!

I'm just mixing for fun...so no real problem there.  I'm sorry if I compromised anyone else..won't do it from now on.

Don't be sorry hombre, was just a good opportunity to remind everyone. I also am just firing up some DirectBet, I keep it small so I can keep playing!

I hit 2 of the same numbers back to back in a total of 5 rolls.  ( 25 25 1 87 87). I find it really hard to believe that it's random... Something like that is like 1/million

Actually man that might be indicative that it is closer to true random. As I understand it, usually when you give humans the option of choosing something "random" its actually a contrived algorithm to appear random to us. True random seems fake to humans because it has occurrences of lots of repeat numbers and weird shit like that, and since we are evolved from apes our brains were totally not needed in that category they short circuit and it doesn't appear random to us. Something like that!

Apparently, there's a lot of truth to this... I heard that the iPod 'shuffle' function was originally a random one, but then people complained that they'd get the same song twice and that it was much to frequent to be random! So Apple made the 'shuffle' function less random... To make it appear more random!  Roll Eyes  Wink

Walter

+1 on this.  I have seen similar patterns on Directbet. 

I also rolled on a 1 to 90 bet and got a zero.  That really pissed me off Smiley

Maths will always win given enough of a chance.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:26:35 AM

Walter

There is nothing random about the house odds on a gambling site. They are dynamically adjusted. And anyone who has had a big win had better set up a new account with a new proxy, because I promise you that your future odds just got a lot worse.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:26:46 AM

Hello guys,

Does anyone experience frequent crashes of the Darkcoin QT (newest version for MAC OS) on a macbook air? If needed, I still have my crash report.
Thanks.

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:28:57 AM

Its a personal decision but I have decided to stop funding resources on testnet now.  I think the devs need to have a proper think about how it can be bigger and better and not be dependent on the generosity of various individuals to provide USD resources for free.  Some of the people who started paying for VPS in testnet did so to try to improve the stability of releases where they didn't have the technical ability to help...I was one of them and it isn't working.

On a more positive note, I reckon once we have a version that we KNOW to be stable I'm sure we'll have enforcement back on in no time.  These are good times for Darkcoin...testing and release management seems to be the blot on the copy book.

TestNet MN's runs parallel to normal MN's (which still gets paid) on the same VPS ?!
what funding recourses do you mean ?
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

Good morning Darkcoiners! That nice wake up! 0.00728  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 [3851] 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: