Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
freynder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:34:17 PM

guys,

is there anyone who can point me to an understandable guide of the start-many setup?

i understand that this should now work properly?

although i haven't found a thread yet where this is well explained.

tx

It works perfectly, and is very easy. Instructions are in the download archive, look for /src/darkcoin.version-number/doc/masternode_conf.md

In short:
1. Import your existing privkeys into a new or an existing wallet. Preferably a new up to date wallet.
2. Make a textfile called masternode.conf, structure it according to the directions in masternode_conf.md
3. Unlock your wallet with 'walletpassphrase <passphrase> <time-in-seconds>' and issue 'masternode start-many' at the console.

thanks for the explanation!

i think i almost got it, though i have some follow up questions, because i keep having an error :

- the error is : options configuration file contains an invalid line 'the mn1 details' only use the key = value syntax (what am i doing wrong here) i used the alia,IP + port, mn privkey, collateral output tx id and index (they are all index 0)
- is it possible to have like 3 mn setup in your wallet for which you can use the start-many command and also have like 2 or 3 receiving addresses which are not meant for masternodes? or does this have to be a wallet with solely the private keys of the public addresses with 1K DRK each on it?

thanks in advance for your guidance Smiley

Check the formatting, make sure it's exactly as in the example, single whitespace between each entry, no spare lines/tabs/spaces.

And yes you can have a day-to-day address or whatever else in the same wallet, just make sure when you are sending funds that you select inputs from the day-to-day address (use coin control) so that you don't inadvertently break a Masternode by sending from one of the 1000DRK collateral lumps.

formatting is exactly the same

conf file looks like this currently:
mn1 54.201.192.114:9999 7sPNxbVThiJwCKusGNLqsopE7HAAJ5yZNBZKjfWNEgMpZdjiSA9
defe770ef1ee1977efc84b08d817502b65d18a22dbb8ec5e54681196044ffd6b 0
mn2 54.186.228.115:9999 7sMqM5HxamJRx3k6kLcHnLTuSLyeKDcHiL1nJ1CaFU6ZWJsbCMB
c466666faf0e87b90f4a805613bd349930fb5bc80188ee758e6f6937ba3cd383 0

is there anything more besides this that i need to add?

Are you actually using masternode.conf file? It seems like you are using darkcoin.conf instead.

Also you should not share the private keys on the forum, so better change them.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:43:39 PM

ok, that seemed to have been the problem Smiley was still using darkcoin.conf in the directory file instead of masternode.conf

k, didnt know that the masternodeprivkey wasn't supposed to be shared. dont know what they can do with it..?

its not like this is my privkey for my coins Smiley
freynder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:53:15 PM

ok, that seemed to have been the problem Smiley was still using darkcoin.conf in the directory file instead of masternode.conf

k, didnt know that the masternodeprivkey wasn't supposed to be shared. dont know what they can do with it..?

its not like this is my privkey for my coins Smiley

It could be used to update the masternode data or to stop it. You will not lose coins indeed, but potentially lose control of the masternode.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:02:01 PM

If the price of DRK depends on 1-2 people that's quite sad for us all. It's also bad for the currency if 1 holder has such a significant share (no offense).

I'm all for a price surge, but counting on 1 person to buy all available on the market is not the way to do it.

+1

Adoption is what's needed, not one-man walls.

Mmmm....yes....all this interaction with Otoh is all good and cute but when he decides he's going to exit to the tune of similar amounts of DRK as he has orders in at the moment, it's not going to be pretty. It will be whale-dumping-from-hell that will potentially make some of the previous dumps (a la Internet Ape, Ryan Kennedy-Mintpal/Moolah) look tame. People will be screaming and cursing....but that's the nature of having a very big player like he is in your market; when they want to leave, lots of others will decide the party's over too and head for the exits all at the same time. The result: price collapse. That's the reality of what we're all invested in here and everyone needs to realise it.

(I mean no offence to you Otoh; I'm sure you're a hell of a nice guy I'd enjoy talking with. Just highlighting the reality of the situation and that your affairs could change resulting in your desire to exit at some point and it will impact the market dramatically; no two ways about it)

All what you said assumes DRK is merely a tool for speculation and will fail as becoming a widely used currency.

It's a fair assumption though, as none of the other coins has really succeeded yet either.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 01:13:17 PM

Anyone gotten money out of Mintpal? I have a friend who's DRK is stuck in there.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:14:04 PM

The Coinbase business model evaporates when customers, retailers, suppliers and employees all use crypto - that's where Darkcoin's future is - but it won't get there with Darkcoin as a name

What about..."Quieto" ?

jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:17:33 PM

Anyone gotten money out of Mintpal? I have a friend who's DRK is stuck in there.

A while ago!  Did he forget it was there or has he been working with them the whole time?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
strix

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:18:52 PM

That's coinbase had $100 million in funding - what are they going to do with that ?

What the christ does coinbase need $100 million for? They're a fucking online Bitcoin wallet, which is a stupid idea to begin with.

I would suggest they're a well connected company with a substantial entrepreneurial spirit that's likely to see them achieve something pretty impressive. Just because they're the people that are using the blockchain to determine when their customers are sending or receiving funds from gambling sites doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing and they're not going to bring vast numbers of new people into crypto. I think overall it will be good and we'll see a lot more focus from the mainstream.

I think your comment is ignorant in the classic way that a techo-propeller head has a very simplistic view on how bushinesses work, what's of value and what's going to be acceptable to people that have money to invest. Stick to what you understand before you blurt out something that just demonstrates how unknowledgeable on a subject like this you are.

So, you have no idea what they need $100 million for either.  Cheesy

What/where is the revenue stream that's going to earn back that investment? What lasting assets are going to be produced or bought with it? Sounds like a VC firm needed a quick tax write-off.

I've had to open several business units at the same time in different jurisdictions. It's very capital intensive. They are raising the funding to hire local people, consultants, accounting/legal support firms, apply for regulation (and have capital sitting on the books to demonstrate capital adequacy), office space, local IT infrastructure, translation, marketing, general working capital during start-up phase.

They also need to bolster central overheads to cope with the increased admin of overseas operations. Overseas travel and accommodation itself can cost $1m / year for a company that wants to grow at the same rate they do.  

They will be burning through capital at a high rate for the next 2 years before they start to see a return on capital. But they are a first mover and can do deals with global firms very easily now.

What's the point when an individual and or merchant can download a bitcoin wallet and manage their affairs? Well, they want to create smoke and mirrors to earn a percentage of online retail transactions. There is also no doubt that retailers haven't got it yet and just want to sell xyz and cash out to fiat straightaway.

The Coinbase business model evaporates when customers, retailers, suppliers and employees all use crypto - that's where Darkcoin's future is - but it won't get there with Darkcoin as a name (I've always said that and I've always said the name suits and is in fact an asset to early phase growth until DRK starts to knock on the doors of mainstream use).

Sorry about that. I've just had a shot of caffeine  Grin

Oh I understand how they're going to spend it.  Grin  -  Just a bit unclear on how they're going to, you know, earn much of it back at any time within the next thousand years...
I think Coins101 is quite close here, (and he certainly understands such things better than I do), but don't forget the prime threat to BTC and hence the Coinbase business model--Government. Wall Street needs regulation to guarantee their interests and protect their favored status. Therefore they need to prove to government that they can protect the government's interests. I think we can assume that either a significant amount of the funds will go to proving they can do that, or that the investment itself is proof that they already have!

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:24:17 PM

otoh, please move your walls to 68 !  Wink

If the price of DRK depends on 1-2 people that's quite sad for us all. It's also bad for the currency if 1 holder has such a significant share (no offense).

I'm all for a price surge, but counting on 1 person to buy all available on the market is not the way to do it.

yep, that's true. also i don't think it's only otoh that has driven the market in the last days, darksend is bulletproof now and instantX is comming.
otoh is protecting us from the p&d boys, btc is rising, ltc is nearly dead (sorry), that's ok for the moment...

Ootoh is not protecting nor caring of anything or anyone, he is just making money and looking his own interest and his own agenda. You guys should not celebrate him... Monopoly is never good.

Being a large holder of DRK, my interest coincides with Dark's, the walls are a floor that does help to protect against dumps as it will adsorb all that's thrown at them, we will never again see any sub 0.006 price for instance.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
balu

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:34:02 PM

Being a large holder of DRK, my interest coincides with Dark's, the walls are a floor that does help to protect against dumps as it will adsorb all that's thrown at them, we will never again see any sub 0.006 price for instance.

And this is why it's awesome to have you on board. I was just trying to make people aware of the risks as well, along with the fact that they should not count on you alone "pumping" the price by moving your walls up.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:55:19 PM

If anyone wants to see what a "crash" looked like back in Otoh's day, have a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1X6qQt9ONg

(By the way, if you're wondering what units he's talking about it's CENTS).

Kind of puts $200 bitcoin in perspective. If anyone tells you Bitcoin's dead because it crashed to $200 then just show them that video  Wink
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:02:27 PM

If anyone wants to see what a "crash" looked like back in Otoh's day, have a look at this.

Kind of puts $200 bitcoin in perspective. If anyone tells you Bitcoin's dead because it crashed to $200 then just show them that video  Wink

Oh WOW WOW WOW !!!

I would be sh*tting my pants if I'd live through that! And that guy really really know his stuff, he predicted the Goxing! LOL !!
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:02:56 PM

I would put a $1-buy-wall right there  Cheesy

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:08:27 PM

why should i invest in DC?just seems like a PnD when it hit 15 that time then now its 1 how do i know that i know that its a good investment i dont want none of your fanboy crap i want facts

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:13:11 PM

why should i invest in DC?just seems like a PnD when it hit 15 that time then now its 1 how do i know that i know that its a good investment i dont want none of your fanboy crap i want facts

Facts: fuck off
crowning

Activity: 212

Activity: -42

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:15:16 PM

Go there https://www.darkcoin.io/about/team-contact/ and count the people.

How many crypto-currencies can offer that?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:16:15 PM

Kind of puts $200 bitcoin in perspective. If anyone tells you Bitcoin's dead because it crashed to $200 then just show them that video  Wink

F*CK!
I don`t swear on forum etc but that was LOL!!! that was 1000% flash!
wish I were there! Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:18:07 PM

Facts: fuck off

##
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:24:18 PM

haha... me love you long time. One of the best first-liners ever!
 You want facts and investment advice, from a forum, in a DRK (not DC) thread, packed full of ferocious "fanboys".
 Congrats, you've just made it into the top three most moronic posts of all time. Please do you own diligence and quit being so pedantic.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:41:07 PM

guys,

is there anyone who can point me to an understandable guide of the start-many setup?

i understand that this should now work properly?

although i haven't found a thread yet where this is well explained.

tx

It works perfectly, and is very easy. Instructions are in the download archive, look for /src/darkcoin.version-number/doc/masternode_conf.md

In short:
1. Import your existing privkeys into a new or an existing wallet. Preferably a new up to date wallet.
2. Make a textfile called masternode.conf, structure it according to the directions in masternode_conf.md
3. Unlock your wallet with 'walletpassphrase <passphrase> <time-in-seconds>' and issue 'masternode start-many' at the console.

thanks for the explanation!

i think i almost got it, though i have some follow up questions, because i keep having an error :

- the error is : options configuration file contains an invalid line 'the mn1 details' only use the key = value syntax (what am i doing wrong here) i used the alia,IP + port, mn privkey, collateral output tx id and index (they are all index 0)
- is it possible to have like 3 mn setup in your wallet for which you can use the start-many command and also have like 2 or 3 receiving addresses which are not meant for masternodes? or does this have to be a wallet with solely the private keys of the public addresses with 1K DRK each on it?

thanks in advance for your guidance Smiley

Check the formatting, make sure it's exactly as in the example, single whitespace between each entry, no spare lines/tabs/spaces.

And yes you can have a day-to-day address or whatever else in the same wallet, just make sure when you are sending funds that you select inputs from the day-to-day address (use coin control) so that you don't inadvertently break a Masternode by sending from one of the 1000DRK collateral lumps.

formatting is exactly the same

conf file looks like this currently:
mn1 54.201.192.114:9999 7sPNxbVThiJwCKusGNLqsopE7HAAJ5yZNBZKjfWNEgMpZdjiSA9 defe770ef1ee1977efc84b08d817502b65d18a22dbb8ec5e54681196044ffd6b 0
mn2 54.186.228.115:9999 7sMqM5HxamJRx3k6kLcHnLTuSLyeKDcHiL1nJ1CaFU6ZWJsbCMB c466666faf0e87b90f4a805613bd349930fb5bc80188ee758e6f6937ba3cd383 0

is there anything more besides this that i need to add?

The error looks like you messed up with darkcoin.conf trying to put values there but not in masternode.conf, double check this.
Also if you copy-pasted it - there was a caret return - should be one line per MN like I fixed it ^^^

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 ... 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: