Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 01:41:39 AM

Karples arrested

EDuffield is next.  The scam which is the Dash "oops we accidentally mined the first 2 million coins" fiasco is ripe for judicial review.

No wonder otoh is dumping his bags.  They are about to get very heavy, very quickly.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:55:01 AM

If you take the time to read every word toknormal writes and look up any concepts you need refreshing on, it becomes crystal clear that it is utterly self-serving garbage. The process is a lot quicker if you actually have a background in economics / finance. I can absolutely guarantee that the nonsense he spews about the definition of money is only his weird opinion, and not useful or intelligent. The fact the he pretends that it is some well agreed upon view, rather than just his verbal diarrhea makes him a charlatan.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:03:49 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 02:14:04 AM by toknormal

if you actually have a background in economics / finance

Although your offer of a "guarantee" is very generous, most people don't need a "background in economics / finance" to see that a wallet balance agrees or disagrees with what multiple public block explorers say is at that address and to conclude that that information is useful.
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:24:00 AM

If you take the time to read every word toknormal writes and look up any concepts you need refreshing on, it becomes crystal clear that it is utterly self-serving garbage. The process is a lot quicker if you actually have a background in economics / finance. I can absolutely guarantee that the nonsense he spews about the definition of money is only his weird opinion, and not useful or intelligent. The fact the he pretends that it is some well agreed upon view, rather than just his verbal diarrhea makes him a charlatan.

Although your offer of a "guarantee" is very generous, most people don't need a "background in economics / finance" to see that a wallet balance agrees or disagrees with what multiple public block explorers say is at that address and to conclude that that information is useful.

There are certainly circumstances in which that information is useful. There are also circumstances where that information is very much a nuissance, which makes various units of the currency different from eachother and thus not consistent (i.e. does not qualify for funigibility, one of the necessities to be considered good money). Wallet balances can be verified in ways that are only available to the owner of the funds, and any party he wishes to make that information available to. This is perfectly inline with every definition of money. This nonsense you spout about applying privacy to the monetary media is garbage... and I challenge you to provide a single source for a definition of money from a respected outlet that includes it.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:36:53 AM

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:44:29 AM

Wallet balances can be verified in ways that are only available to the owner of the funds, and any party he wishes to make that information available to.

It isn't the "owner" of the funds that requires the verification as far as endorsement of a base monetary system goes. In a trustless system, only public consensus can endorse the value and therefore it's the public that needs to verify it.

The public isn't going to endorse or verify any address balance that only the holder of a private key to that address can see. I know the "technology" endorses it but nobody gives a sh*t about that. They don't get in planes because they see an aerodynamic proof, they get in them because they see them taking off and landing again with their own eyes.

This nonsense you spout about applying privacy to the monetary media is garbage... and I challenge you to provide a single source for a definition of money from a respected source that includes it.

Includes what ? "applying privacy to the monetary media " ? All I've consistently said is that "privacy" (by concealment) does not feature in any recognised historical properties of money, rather that fungibility specifically does and that that cannot be substituted by monetary obscurity.

(b.t.w. I sure hope you don't consider yourself one of the experts with "background in economics / finance" you alluded to earlier).
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:56:33 AM

Wallet balances can be verified in ways that are only available to the owner of the funds, and any party he wishes to make that information available to.
It isn't the "owner" of the funds that requires the verification as far as endorsement of a base monetary system goes. In a trustless system, only public consensus can endorse the value and therefore it's the public that needs to verify it.

Public consensus is in the form of the block-chain, and is verifiably accurate, whether or not you are able to snoop into everyone's balance.

The public isn't going to endorse or verify any address balance that only the holder of a private key to that address can see. I know the "technology" endorses it, but nobody gives a sh*t about that. They don't get on planes because they see an aerodynamic proof, they get in them because they see them taking off and landing again with their own eyes.

Again, the blockchain is verifiable.

This nonsense you spout about applying privacy to the monetary media is garbage... and I challenge you to provide a single source for a definition of money from a respected source that includes it.
Includes what ? "applying privacy to the monetary media " ? All I've consistently said is that "privacy" (by concealment) does not feature in any recognised historical properties of money, rather that fungibility specifically does and that that cannot be substituted by monetary obscurity.

Direct me to the part of your definition where it says "monetary obscurity can not be substituted for fungibility." Or that monetary obscurity does not qualify as fungibility...

(b.t.w. I sure hope you don't consider yourself one of the experts with "background in economics / finance" you alluded to earlier).

I sure don't. What i said was that I have a background in economics / finance, and it has provided me with the tools to decipher that you are a charlatan spouting self-serving non-sense.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:01:21 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 03:12:51 AM by Lebubar

Don't feed the Trollero pseudo-dev, please...

He got work to do.

entertheabyss

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:09:29 AM

what is actually quite impressive is the amount of people that agree with him.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:22:41 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 03:42:12 AM by toknormal

Public consensus is in the form of the block-chain, and is verifiably accurate, whether or not you are able to snoop into everyone's balance

You've kind of made my case for me simply by using that phrase "everyone's balance". A commonly used term of cryptonote promoters than implies the projection of a fiat style bank account onto a blockchain.

A blockchain is not a record of people's finances. It is a manifestation of un-counterfeitable electronic tokens, none of which are assigned to an "owner" nor any legal entity in the way that bank money is.

....again, the blockchain is verifiable.

An individual address is privately verifiable but the entire blockchain is not publicly verifiable. You can peek through a hole and inspect what the system asserts is at a specific address, but you cannot achieve a public consensus of that balance. Thats what makes the difference between a monetary token that, over time, accedes to a high level of security, adoption and monetary value, and one that doesn't.

Direct me to the part of your definition where it says "monetary obscurity can not be substituted for fungibility." Or that monetary obscurity does not qualify as fungibility...

Fungible is defined in Merriam-Webster as "capable of being substituted in place of one another". If everything is obscured then clearly everything is fungible by that definition, but it's about as useful a form of fungibility as the emperors clothes. Thats why I say that "monetary obscurity can not be substituted for fungibility".

What i said was that I have a background in economics / finance, and it has provided me with the tools to decipher that you are a charlatan spouting self-serving non-sense.

Good for you. I could do with some "deciphering tools" myself at times. I usually have to sit and think about things. May your hidden money bags and "deciphering tools" bring you riches. Meantime, I'm off to bed as it's that time in my part of the world  Wink

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:11:05 AM

Public consensus is in the form of the block-chain, and is verifiably accurate, whether or not you are able to snoop into everyone's balance

You've kind of made my case for me simply by using that phrase "everyone's balance". A commonly used term of cryptonote promoters than implies the projection of a fiat style bank account onto a blockchain.

A blockchain is not a record of people's finances. It is a manifestation of un-counterfeitable electronic tokens, none of which are assigned to an "owner" nor any legal entity in the way that bank money is.

....again, the blockchain is verifiable.

An individual address is privately verifiable but the entire blockchain is not publicly verifiable. You can peek through a hole and inspect what the system asserts is at a specific address, but you cannot achieve a public consensus of that balance. Thats what makes the difference between a monetary token that, over time, accedes to a high level of security, adoption and monetary value, and one that doesn't.

Fungible is defined in Merriam-Webster as "capable of being substituted in place of one another". If everything is obscured then clearly everything is fungible by that definition, but it's about as useful a form of fungibility as the emperors clothes. Thats why I say that "monetary obscurity can not be substituted for fungibility".

What i said was that I have a background in economics / finance, and it has provided me with the tools to decipher that you are a charlatan spouting self-serving non-sense.

Good for you. I could do with some "deciphering tools" myself at times. I usually have to sit and think about things. May your hidden money bags and "deciphering tools" bring you riches. Meantime, I'm off to bed as it's that time in my part of the world  Wink

This has been a tremendously entertaining and interesting exchange Toknormal and g4q34g4qg47ww.

One of my pet hates is when people refer to their "expertise" (or suggested expertise) because of some level of academic achievement when they're in a forum that's attempting to solve problems that have been facilitated and catered for by some of the world's "top experts" in the field we're discussing; people who potentially have hung their entire careers off of the very same academic achievement.

What I mean g4q34g4qg47ww is that Bitcoin and crypto in general (amongst other goals) is attempting to address the utter debt fueled/highly manipulated currency mess and resulting economic fiasco that our fiat-based central banking charlatans have created. And much of this realm has been catered to and provided for by top notch 'economists' who've used their 'background in economics / finance' to take the world to even greater levels of unsustainability and madness. I bet many dozens, if not hundreds (or thousand even) work at the Fed and the ECB. It's these people and their "thinking" on what money is and how it works that's done such irreparable damage.

So when you talk about your background in economics/finance giving you the tools to decipher that Toknormal is a charlatan spouting self-serving non-sense, I perceive that you're likely to be from a background that's part of the problem not the solution. Frankly if you now told us you have a PhD in Economics from Harvard you would go down in my estimation even more. It's Harvard, Wall Street, the Fed and all those greedy up-themselves individuals that are very much responsible for the drama we're experiencing and the travesty/tragedy yet to happen. What's needed are people with fresh thinking, a diverse and out-of-the-box education and an ability to think logically without constant need of validation by traditional schools-of-thought.

Unless you can come up with very specific, succinct and logical rebuttals to Toknormal's views (i.e. why the hidden balances on Monero's blockchain that Tok's pointing out is such a flawed approach in attempting to create a store of value that's 'money' is in fact NOT the problem he's saying it is), in my mind you're the one with the dubious claims. Just stating over and over again that

is pointless because all those 'sources' are often part of the problem as I've indicated. Toknormal is offering points of view on 'money' that you (and Monero people in general) don't like because it doesn't fit with your narrative of how a crypto should work (read: it doesn't fit with your narrative of how Monero works). That doesn't mean he's wrong and it certainly doesn't mean he's wrong if he doesn't provide you with a 'source' of someone defining money this way. But if you believe him to be as wrong as you're suggesting, state for us why he's wrong in as logical and fundamental fashion as Toknormal does when he's articulating his views on how this stuff works.

In other words, use logic and reason to demonstrate why hidden balances on a block chain are indeed NOT a problem in terms of Monero being 'money'. I understand this is no easy task but you've called Toknormal a charlatan for expressing these views and you've suggested they're easily negated by anyone that knows about economics and finance so you need to back-up what you're saying with something substantial.

Okay....I'm looking forward to your detailed explanation (i.e. put up or shut up).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:26:26 AM

Karples arrested

EDuffield is next.  The scam which is the Dash "oops we accidentally mined the first 2 million coins" fiasco is ripe for judicial review.

No wonder otoh is dumping his bags.  They are about to get very heavy, very quickly.   Wink

otoh is dumping his bags because dash is trademark protected and it is not a matter of if but when masternode owners have legal issues at hand

Some of the companys holding dash trademarks:

Sony
Procter & Gamble
Amazon
http://www.trademarkia.com/dash-85097748.html
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/brand/dash-trade/2270

Different countries different claims, a legal minefield.

Edit:
Also the Rothschild's owing Dash Commercial Finance LTD 2010 http://www.dash-finance.com/ part of https://www.rothschild.com/banking/asset_finance/

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:08:35 AM

Please stop promoting Moner__ & Byteco__ shit in this DASH topic!

I understand that their adepts are so desperate they can't find an attention anywhere else... But why Dashers are helping them to post and promote here?

If you really want to discuss their shit - just report their ignorant posts to moderator - than go to their thread and discuss all this there...

Please keep this topic clean from their ignorant advertising!

RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:45:42 AM

I understand that their adepts are so desperate they can't find an attention anywhere else... But why Dashers are helping them to post and promote here?

If you really want to discuss their shit - just report their ignorant posts to moderator - than go to their thread and discuss all this there...

No one's "promoting" but sometimes when people come here and argue with long-term fundamentals of the type someone like Toknormal articulates, there's a valid debate to be had. "Exhibit A" above is the position g4q34g4qg47ww has taken with Tok's stance on monetary properties (and it's an extremely adversarial position that he needs to justify). It's entirely appropriate for that debate to be had because it's fundamentally important for anyone comparing Dash to Monero (or to the crypto note coins in general).

I think we certainly need to ignore the blatant never-ending trollism of people like Eduardo-iceshitter but some of the Monero people that come in here do put up points that are worth debating and they're not all bad points.

As for this

just report their ignorant posts to moderator
It's next to completely useless as an action. Even their blatant lies and damning mis-statements aren't ever addressed yet valid posts by others about world events (such as the Greek situation) and it's relevance to Dash are. Bottom line is it's not "our" forum and the rules are set by someone else.

Kounselor

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:25:01 AM

Karples arrested

EDuffield is next.....

No wonder otoh...

You are bold man: being known and identifiable in RL by the community and still harassing, and making such accusations... Your acts are a crime in the place where I am from. (Does it show you have already nothing to loose?)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:12:00 AM

Agreed, am not interested in discussing how Monero functions, we don't go into their thread and start fanatically going on and on about their coin ad nauseum , I have most of them on ignore because they are troll-like, boring, infantile and predictable in their comments.
(and this comment will result in even more misinformed agenda ridden spam, trolololol)

~~Peace to all~~

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:27:12 AM

I used to read and post everyday here. Still good the thread is bumped by our dear trolls, always good for publicity. Since sometime I notice dashtalk.org is becoming my primary visit in the interest of discussing Dash. With more than 3100 members, 54k of messages and growing each day, it is information heaven compared to this troll bumped thread. But still fun to read so carry on all ;-)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:29:45 AM

Mark Karpeles Soon To Face Mt. Gox Criminal Fraud Charges
 Grin Grin  Wink  Grin Grin

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115029/mark-karpeles-soon-to-face-mt-gox-criminal-fraud-charges?ref=2604&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=alx

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/business/dealbook/mark-karpeles-mt-gox-bitcoin-arrested.html?_r=0

RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:50:25 AM

One wonders whether the Japanese authorities have done extensive forensic analysis and now have enough evidence to be sure he's implicitly involved in the 'theft" of bitcoin as opposed to the story of hackers having taken the 200,000 (or whatever it was claimed to be)

or

whether they're just under so much pressure to "do something" they've just caved, arrested him and will be working on the assumption that everyone will pretty much believe "he done it" therefore they (the authorities) will be off the hook somewhat.

My gut instinct tells me it's more likely to be the latter.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:15:50 AM

What I don't understand is all the time spent on trying to convince people that Dash is not up to the job. Huge amounts of time, just wasted.

The direct approach would be to break Dash and say: See, broke it. Told ya. Move on. Nothing more to see here.

I don't believe Darksend and InstantX evolution is finished yet. A lot of improvements can still be done to Darksend especially. For example adding CCT would open up a lot of optimization and improvement possibilities.

If CCT and masternode blinding were implemented, we could do with lesser rounds of mixing (and faster as the denomination sizes don't have to match), and for example perhaps with clever use of contracts a user could just fire-and-forget Darksend non-anonymized coins and the masternode network would keep the mixing process alive until the coins are mixed after which broadcasting the actual transaction.

The blockchain funding might attract more development talent to make such improvements possible.
Pages: « 1 ... 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: