Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 [5860] 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722512 times)
alanshore

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:24:27 PM

It wasn't very discussed lately, but I have to give a terrible feedback regarding EXMO

I didn't have the chance to trade. I am still stuck with their KYC.
I work in the online industry way before KYC was even "something"; i never ever seen so many stupid rules.

I lost a month and about 20 mails, and I keep getting a sort of auto reply poorly translated with google from Russian; result, they ask for a document that is never ok or doesn't make any sense (like sending back and front in the same file without merging, without reducing resolution, without cutting borders)

If someone has a proper contact and not the one of these absolutely abysmal guys working in support is welcome
(sorry support, you deserved it)

While I don't want to bash Exmo as I do believe exchanges like theirs are crucial for growing our community, I ran into the same thing. In my case, I eventually gave up becoming verified as it was clear they were unwilling to work with me.

My application was declined due to their "home policy". In my many emails with support, they refused to explain what their "home policy" entails so I still don't know what was wrong with the application. I don't believe "home policy" has anything to do with my location as I'm in the US and was able to provide proof of address. I think it might be a blanket policy where they reserve the right to refuse verification to anyone they consider a risk.

I have had no problem becoming fully verified on 6 other exchanges so its unfortunate that Exmo is so difficult to deal with and is using a different process for verification. I sent them feedback on my experience so maybe if enough of us do the same, they will improve.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:37:18 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

Yah, he did so many drugs in the 80's, it really shortened his life.  My husband is getting depressed with all these people in our generation dying but lets face it, if we abuse our bodies with drugs, that's what happens Sad  And our generation (the tail end of the babyboomers) really abused drugs badly.

Like my mom always says, Everything in moderation!  Please take heed my young ones Smiley

But I ditto that sentiment, Rest in peace dear brilliant man.

Drugs generally don't shorten your life. Taking bad care of yourself does. And druggies often do, but rich druggies generally take much better care of themselves then poor ones do. Having a roof over your head and people around you that still care (even if it's only because you're rich) helps a lot.

Please educate yourself before stating such blanket statements. It is the false narrative about drugs in the US that makes it so hard to get proper information through to the kids. If the government lies about say the risks of marihuana why should they believe the tings they say about meth? Truth is important!

Sorry to go offtopic, won't happen again.

=P
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:54:03 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

Yah, he did so many drugs in the 80's, it really shortened his life.  My husband is getting depressed with all these people in our generation dying but lets face it, if we abuse our bodies with drugs, that's what happens Sad  And our generation (the tail end of the babyboomers) really abused drugs badly.

Like my mom always says, Everything in moderation!  Please take heed my young ones Smiley

Drugs generally don't shorten your life. Taking bad care of yourself does. And druggies often do, but rich druggies generally take much better care of themselves then poor ones do. Having a roof over your head and people around you that still care (even if it's only because you're rich) helps a lot.

Please educate yourself before stating such blanket statements. It is the false narrative about drugs in the US that makes it so hard to get proper information through to the kids. If the government lies about say the risks of marihuana why should they believe the tings they say about meth? Truth is important!

That's just as much a blanket statement as the original. Some drugs may not be that bad, but some are most assuredly poisons (meth anyone?). Poisons have a strong tendency to shorten one's life expectancy.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:10:28 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

That's just as much a blanket statement as the original. Some drugs may not be that bad, but some are most assuredly poisons (meth anyone?). Poisons have a strong tendency to shorten one's life expectancy.

Meth is used as a (legal) prescription drug for ADHD as well.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/005378s028lbl.pdf

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:16:13 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

Come on - Prince was NOT a big drug user - ugh

No, not in recent years, but when he was younger, yes, unfortunately.  And each person's body can take different amounts of abuse.  There are 104 year old people who have smoked all their lives, and others who die of smoking related illnesses at 45.  I actually didn't mean to besmirch Prince, I'm just sad.  And I hope the younger generation (which includes my kids) will take a little better care, be a little less over the top Smiley  That's all.  ::hugs::

P.S. I'm mostly talking of cocaine, which really f*cks up your nose and lungs and smoking, which hardens your arteries and can cause cancer, etc... And I'm just being a mommy again, so sorry!  Besides, this will be deleted as off topic soon anyway Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:24:13 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

No, not in recent years, but when he was younger, yes, unfortunately.  And each person's body can take different amounts of abuse.  There are 104 year old people who have smoked all their lives, and others who die of smoking related illnesses at 45.  I actually didn't mean to besmirch Prince, I'm just sad.  And I hope the younger generation (which includes my kids) will take a little better care, be a little less over the top Smiley  That's all.  ::hugs::

P.S. I'm mostly talking of cocaine, which really f*cks up your nose and lungs and smoking, which hardens your arteries and can cause cancer, etc... And I'm just being a mommy again, so sorry!  Besides, this will be deleted as off topic soon anyway Tongue

This is a pretty erroneous statement too for what it's worth.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
hashcash

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:48:25 PM

*Help Help Please*

So I had to wipe my computer(MAC) completely due to an internal issue.  I backed my wallet.dat file up to a hard drive.  Can someone please help a noob of all noobs with getting my wallet migrated onto the newly downloaded wallet.  I looked at a couple vids but I haven't found one that can help me.

Thanks Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS   
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN   
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:14:17 PM

*Help Help Please*

So I had to wipe my computer(MAC) completely due to an internal issue.  I backed my wallet.dat file up to a hard drive.  Can someone please help a noob of all noobs with getting my wallet migrated onto the newly downloaded wallet.  I looked at a couple vids but I haven't found one that can help me.

Thanks Smiley

Sure, first, start the wallet and let it sync up. This way you won't freak out when you see a zero balance (It has to load the blockchain before it can determine your balances Smiley )

Next, exit your wallet

Then, go to this directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Dash/  (it might be dash, I don't own a mac) and replace your saved wallet.dat file with the wallet.dat files you find in there.  BTW, if you gave it a different name when you saved it (often a good idea so it isn't lost in the confusion) rename it to wallet.dat when you're ready to use it.  Always keep a copy (or two or three) of your wallet.dat file for safe keeping Smiley )

Then start the wallet back up

Forgive me, I am a bit of a mommy dearest Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
hashcash

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:28:58 PM

*Help Help Please*

So I had to wipe my computer(MAC) completely due to an internal issue.  I backed my wallet.dat file up to a hard drive.  Can someone please help a noob of all noobs with getting my wallet migrated onto the newly downloaded wallet.  I looked at a couple vids but I haven't found one that can help me.

Thanks Smiley

Sure, first, start the wallet and let it sync up. This way you won't freak out when you see a zero balance (It has to load the blockchain before it can determine your balances Smiley )

Next, exit your wallet

Then, go to this directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Dash/  (it might be dash, I don't own a mac) and replace your saved wallet.dat file with the wallet.dat files you find in there.  BTW, if you gave it a different name when you saved it (often a good idea so it isn't lost in the confusion) rename it to wallet.dat when you're ready to use it.  Always keep a copy (or two or three) of your wallet.dat file for safe keeping Smiley )

Then start the wallet back up

Forgive me, I am a bit of a mommy dearest Tongue

Thanks So Much!!! And no worries I need the mommy dearest treatment  Cheesy I'll try this now and let you know how it goes

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS   
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN   
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:35:47 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

P.S. I'm mostly talking of cocaine, which really f*cks up your nose and lungs and smoking, which hardens your arteries and can cause cancer, etc... And I'm just being a mommy again, so sorry!  Besides, this will be deleted as off topic soon anyway Tongue
I think it is important that people are well informed so that they can make good choices for themselves. Cocaine does do damage to the nose. I do not know how it would cause cancer that might indeed be erronous. However more serously cocaine can cause heart attacks in otherwise healthy people, especially with repeated use.

I do not think drugs should be illegal, though it is better if people understand the consequences of abusing certain substances. I think a world where people choose safer and better drugs, would be a better world. After all almost everyone uses drugs, whether it is alcohol, tobacco, caffeine or even pharmaceuticals, pick your vice. Wink
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:49:51 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 12:02:13 AM by VeritasSapere

however it would be wrong to unnecessarily restrict the capacity of any blockchain in order to favor off chain solutions. Which is what is currently happening to Bitcoin.

I think this is the crux of the problem...Core won't let Bitcoin scale even slightly, because then LN would be a little bit less necessary. Maybe in time something better than LN would be discovered, which would bankrupt Blockstream.

From the sound of it, the whole thing is simply designed to enrich Blockstream, and miners will do nothing about it. But that's the problem I guess--all power is in the hands of the miners, which is an incredibly stupid way to build a decentralized currency.
Exactly! Some say Bitcoin is decentralized but it really isn't. There's only one possible centralization vector in 1st generation coins like Bitcoin, which deposit the decentralization hopes on POW and Moore's law and that's mining. Clearly it's a lost battle already when a handfull of people decide the majority mining software.
Talk about Bilderberg and Rotchilds... lol they're more decentralized than Bitcoin... there are competing factions within those groups  Roll Eyes
I am not not sure how this will play out. The theory behind POW governance is good and could still work, however this is a unprecedented test of decentralized governance. Mining in Bitcoin is not necessarily as centralized as some people might think it is. Especially if we consider the pools to be like a form of representative democracy for the miners. However if it turns out that the governance mechanisms within Bitcoin are fundamentally flawed, I would consider Dash to be the most likely cryptocurrency that has solved these problems of decentralized governance, through the implementation of a self funding blockchain combined with collateralized and incentivized voting full nodes.
The problem with governance by POW is the fact that not all users of the ecosystem are miners. Exchanges, payment processors, and end-users are all important parts of the ecosystem and effectively have absolutely no say at all in how Bitcoin is run. This has led to a misalignment of incentives where miners can easily act against the best interests of other Bitcoin stakeholders. Unfortunately, Satoshi abandoned the project before these unintended consequences came to light.
I think he did see how this would progress. He even predicted much of what is happening here, including the development of ASIC's and the relative centralization of mining. The theory at least is that the miners are supposed to follow the economic majority because that is what they are incentivized to do. If this does not happen then the governance model behind Bitcoin is indeed fundamentally flawed. However if the miners do end up following the economic majority and scale on chain as was always intended then the governance model of Bitcoin has proved itself to function. This is one of the first real experiments in decentralized governance, it is unprecedented. So it is hard to know when it has actually failed, it could just require more time, for more pressure to build up, maybe even more pain.

I am confident however that if it turns out that Bitcoins governance model is fundamentally flawed then Dash will have most likely solved these specific problems with its unique governance mechanism. I just think it is still to early to tell with any degree of certainty, either way I think that Dash has a bright future, so I will remain a proud supporter of this project. As long as it stays true to origanol vision of Satoshi, which Bitcoin seems to presently be abandoning. I suppose over time the governance of Dash will rest more and more with the masternodes, if I understand the roadmap correctly. So masternode operators please keep the principles of decentralization and freedom close to your heart.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:52:10 PM

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

P.S. I'm mostly talking of cocaine, which really f*cks up your nose and lungs and smoking, which hardens your arteries and can cause cancer, etc... And I'm just being a mommy again, so sorry!  Besides, this will be deleted as off topic soon anyway Tongue
I think it is important that people are well informed so that they can make good choices for themselves. Cocaine does do damage to the nose. I do not know how it would cause cancer that might indeed be erronous. However more serously cocaine can cause heart attacks in otherwise healthy people, especially with repeated use.

I do not think drugs should be illegal, though it is better if people understand the consequences of abusing certain substances. I think a world where people choose safer and better drugs, would be a better world. After all almost everyone uses drugs, whether it is alcohol, tobacco, caffeine or even pharmaceuticals, pick your vice. Wink

I agree with legalizing drugs, people will do what they do.  I can't quit sugar, not funny either, I'm totally addicted to sweets and they will undoubtedly kill me.  All enforcement does is cause violence, and that money could be used to treat people instead.  I meant smoking causes cancer.  My dad died at the age of 50, from hardened arteries and strokes because he was a big time smoker (hell, he'd g0 broke with the cost of cigs today) I struggle with my own demons (sugar and weight) so I don't want to sound like I'm on my high horse.  Just wanted to pass on to you youngens the wisdom of moderation, if possible, one I'm still struggling with myself.  Sorry again for my mommy complex Tongue

VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:00:27 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 12:12:43 AM by VeritasSapere

Oh f*k. Prince died.

RIP

I agree with legalizing drugs, people will do what they do.  I can't quit sugar, not funny either, I'm totally addicted to sweets and they will undoubtedly kill me.  All enforcement does is cause violence, and that money could be used to treat people instead.  I meant smoking causes cancer.  My dad died at the age of 50, from hardened arteries and strokes because he was a big time smoker (hell, he'd g0 broke with the cost of cigs today) I struggle with my own demons (sugar and weight) so I don't want to sound like I'm on my high horse.  Just wanted to pass on to you youngens the wisdom of moderation, if possible, one I'm still struggling with myself.  Sorry again for my mommy complex Tongue
I do agree with you. Moderation is a good message to pass on. Stay away from the unhealthy drugs, and everything can be abused, find balance in life. This is coming from someone who smokes cannabis, I can say that because I am living in the Netherlands at the moment at least, where it has been decriminalized. To be considered a criminal for smoking cannabis is ridiculous, it is not that different to drinking alcohol. Take a lesson from history, prohibition does more harm then good.

At least with cryptocurrencies like Dash no one will be able to prohibit the movement of capital for the purpose of free trade. The effects of a population moving away from Fiat currency towards decentralized cryptocurrencies, is more then profound to say the least. Effecting many areas of life including I am sure the movement of narcotics. For someone with anarcho libertarian leanings it feels like we are doing a great amount of good in the world by facilitating freedom.
OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:27:08 AM

DASH added to ROKOS website: https://twitter.com/AltcoinOfficial/status/723302623072391168

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:37:20 AM

At least with cryptocurrencies like Dash no one will be able to prohibit the movement of capital for the purpose of free trade. The effects of a population moving away from Fiat currency towards decentralized cryptocurrencies, is more then profound to say the least. Effecting many areas of life including I am sure the movement of narcotics. For someone with anarcho libertarian leanings it feels like we are doing a great amount of good in the world by facilitating freedom.

I agree (on all counts)!  And I think a lot more of us are here for these reasons as opposed to "get rich quick" reasons.  It's going to be an exciting century, I can promise that much!

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:19:29 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 03:54:38 AM by tungfa

what does this actually mean ?
running a QT / Full Node over a Pie ?!
why ?  Roll Eyes
(full geek alert ?)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 04:39:42 AM

What do you guys think about streamlining the wallet transaction terms?

Right now we have Darksend and InstantX. Neither of these terms mean anything to average people. I'm suggesting PrivaSend and InstaSend, making each transaction style easy for everyone to understand, and similar in description.

What do you think?

https://dashtalk.org/threads/darksend-rebranding-discussion.8710/

r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:33:44 AM

What do you guys think about streamlining the wallet transaction terms?

Right now we have Darksend and InstantX. Neither of these terms mean anything to average people. I'm suggesting PrivaSend and InstaSend, making each transaction style easy for everyone to understand, and similar in description.

What do you think?

https://dashtalk.org/threads/darksend-rebranding-discussion.8710/

PSend
ISend

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:30:59 PM

Good morning all.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.msg14630485#msg14630485

Cheesy

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:42:20 PM

Hi,

We've added DASH to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Mine any of our algo's and get paid in DASH.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Pages: « 1 ... 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 [5860] 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: