Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

Evan, will the next RC support Windows masternodes?

The current version does, you just need to use the debug window to start it up

- I created an empty wallet for the masternode, and encrypted it with "mypassword"
- sent 1000 DRK from another wallet to the masternode wallet's default address
- launched the masternode wallet
- went to debug window, typed: masternode start mypassword
- typed: masternode debug, and it says "Missing masternode input, try running masternode create"
- typed: masternode create, and it says "Not implemented yet"

Did I miss a step or should it work?  Huh

In the darkcoin.conf add "connect=23.23.186.131" and "masternode=1"
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

Oh yea I did that too.. just forgot to add that in the post. Sad
Here are my updated steps:

- I created an empty wallet for the masternode, and encrypted it with "mypassword"
- sent 1000 DRK from another wallet to the masternode wallet's default address
- added line to darkcoin.conf: connect=23.23.186.131
- added line to darkcoin.conf: masternode=1
- launched the masternode wallet
- went to debug window, typed: masternode start mypassword
- typed: masternode debug, and it says "Missing masternode input, try running masternode create"
- typed: masternode create, and it says "Not implemented yet"

Progress update: apparently wallet encryption was one of the problems I had. Tried again without encryption:

- I created an empty wallet for the masternode, and did NOT encrypt it
- created a new receiving address by typing: getaccountaddress 0
- sent 1000 DRK from another wallet to the newly created "0" address
- added line to darkcoin.conf: connect=23.23.186.131
- added line to darkcoin.conf: masternode=1
- re-launched the masternode wallet
- went to debug window, typed: masternode start
- typed: masternode debug, and it says "No problems were found" <= an improvement!
- typed: masternode list, my node ip is not in the list (tried again after 10 minutes, and 10 hours, no difference)
- opened command prompt, and typed: netstat -a => there is nothing listening to port 9999

So even though "masternode start" command executes, and "masternode debug" doesn't find problems, the wallet just doesn't start listening to 9999.

Log file does have the following lines:
- IS DARKSEND MASTER NODE
- Found unspent output equal to nValue

But it does NOT have the following lines:
- AddLocal(x.x.x.x.)
- RegisterAsMasterNode

Halp?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:13:03 PM

I am worried about official pool hashrate hiccup.

Darkcoin poolhash is almost 28GH/s.

http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html

http://pool.darkcoin.me/ < only chinese MPOS pool > has 2.2GH/s.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:14:37 PM

Interesting thing this darkcoin. I bought some a week ago, and am very happy I did.  Cool

Thinking about setting up a masternode... but then again... I would NEVER DREAM OF putting a wallet on a server.

That just invites hackers to steal my DRK.

How do you guys guarantee the masternode holders are not just some noobs who have no idea about how to secure a server???

This is seriously dangerous...

I wonder when we'll hear about the first masternode losing all it's dark. (and possibly even some DRK of other people?)

Or am I missing something?

Other then that, I very much like DRK! And will continue to buy a few every day... :-)

Yes, you are missing something. The 1000DRK is just a collateral to ensure it is very expensive to attack the network. The coins have nothing to do with the Masternode roll of being randomly selected to mix a Darksend transaction. The masternodes play a role in the anonymity and they get pay for that service, the collateral coins are very unlikely to be stolen.
Specx

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:15:01 PM

What is the reason this coin going up now?

Is that just whales pump or somwthing else?

probably whale started this pump, but i think the rise from yesterday was quite natural because of the hype, people are pumping btc like crazy. Don't know how long this pump will last.

This is the new BTC.

Is the the delusion stage or already new paradigm?
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:16:04 PM

Interesting thing this darkcoin. I bought some a week ago, and am very happy I did.  Cool

Thinking about setting up a masternode... but then again... I would NEVER DREAM OF putting a wallet on a server.

How do you guys guarantee the masternode holders are not just some noobs who have no idea about how to secure a server???

I wonder when we'll hear about the first masternode losing all its DRK. (and possibly even some DRK of other people?)

Other then that, I very much like DRK! And will continue to buy a few every day... :-)

A master node could never lose the Dark from others due to the way signing is implemented.
The devs are going to make an Amazon EC2 server image to help noobs set up master nodes securely.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:16:35 PM

Interesting thing this darkcoin. I bought some a week ago, and am very happy I did.  Cool

I wonder when we'll hear about the first masternode losing all it's dark. (and possibly even some DRK of other people?)

Yes, you are missing something. The 1000DRK is just a collateral to ensure it is very expensive to attack the network. The coins have nothing to do with the Masternode roll of being randomly selected to mix a Darksend transaction. The masternodes play a role in the anonymity and they get pay for that service, the collateral coins are very unlikely to be stolen.

But how do the masternodes make money? Do they effectively tax everyone using Darksend??

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

How to use the NVIDIA?
How to dig?
ntrn500

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:17:06 PM

probably whale started this pump, but i think the rise from yesterday was quite natural because of the hype, people are pumping btc like crazy. Don't know how long this pump will last.

This is the new BTC.

Mr. Aristotel, please define the term "paradigm". Thanks.
humanitee

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:17:37 PM

Interesting thing this darkcoin. I bought some a week ago, and am very happy I did.  Cool

But how do the masternodes make money? Do they effectively tax everyone using Darksend??

10% of the mining reward goes to them.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:18:07 PM

But wait a minute. My wallet has to be on a publicly accessible server with static ip. Visible to all.
My wallet must be on the same machine.

No wallet, no working masternode. Am I right?

So a hacker gets a free list of juicy static ips with each having a wallet of 1000 DRK, and we should just sleep tightly?

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:19:03 PM

Big dump. We were only $1,735 off a $10 mil market cap.

We've crossed that point when price was 0.0054

0.0054 x 4.150.000 DRKs x 460 USD bitcoin price = 10.3mn

luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

This is the new BTC.

Nope, that's take off.
humanitee

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:19:45 PM

But wait a minute. My wallet has to be on a publicly accessible server with static ip. Visible to all.

So a hacker gets a free list of juicy static ips with each having a wallet of 1000 DRK, and we should just sleep tightly?

If you know what you are doing it's not that dangerous. Block all ports besides Dark and ssh, limit ssh to one IP, encrypt your wallet.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:20:27 PM

A master node could never lose the Dark from others due to the way signing is implemented.
The devs are going to make an Amazon EC2 server image to help noobs set up master nodes securely.

Ok, losing others money is impossible, ...

But what about your wallet?

A thief will know that when he manages to hack your masternode wallet, he will ALWAYS get atleast 1000 DRK out of it.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:21:38 PM

I wonder when we'll hear about the first masternode losing all its DRK. (and possibly even some DRK of other people?)

You are missing something.

Dumb people take pictures of their CC and publish them online https://twitter.com/NeedADebitCard

Hopefully dumb people won't be able to setup a masternode, but if they do they will lose their coins like they lose their real $$$

Other will follow some simple rules:
1. Make a backup of your wallet!!!
2. Encrypt your wallet with a proper password!!!
3. If you have to restart your wallet because of any reason, and you have to write your password again, first re-install your server image just in case someone hacked in and left a keylogger (just being paranoid).

If you follow these basic instructions even if someone hacks into your server they won't get your coins, "stupid proof".

For reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.msg4401257#msg4401257
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

If you know what you are doing it's not that dangerous. Block all ports besides Dark and ssh, limit ssh to one IP, encrypt your wallet.

Damn, I know what I am talking about,... that's why I would never underestimate it and take it lightly.

Securing a server is the hardest thing to do these days.

Especially if it is CLEARLY deducible for every hacker what your server does and how much value it holds!
That's like asking to be raped.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:23:23 PM

As I understand it, Masternodes get 10% of the block rewards and are required to hold 1000DRK and provide the mixing service. Is a new model, some sort of PoS. But I think others would be more fit to answer this question.
Red Star Mining

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Est. January 2012

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:23:40 PM

A good Darkcoin and X11 mining calculator - http://x11mining.n00bsys0p.co.uk
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:24:58 PM

The best setup is to have 2 machines:

Machine A: Holds 1000DRK, runs as masternode. Use configuration option -masternodeaddr=machineB
Machine B: Holds 0DRK, runs as masternode.

There's no target.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:26:21 PM

Dumb people take pictures of their CC and publish them online https://twitter.com/NeedADebitCard

Hopefully dumb people won't be able to setup a masternode, but if they do they will lose their coins like they lose their real $$$

If you follow these basic instructions even if someone hacks into your server they won't get your coins, "stupid proof".

I don't think there is such a thing as "stupid proof"... mistakes are made, and servers have to be constantly patched and updated to have complete security (which in turn might introduce new loopholes as heartbleed has shown)...

But I tend to agree with you.

I am all FOR stupid people losing their money.
So that more capable people can enter the market and take over.

That's what I love about the free market. And if that is how Darkcoin is supposed to work, so be it.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 [802] 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: