Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 11:21:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:13:15 PM

hello all,

I have been reading very good ideas during these 2 months,  to make a market adoption or make it known to the public like something they feel identify with.

Guys what I am going to say its only an idea , I don't want to change any rule or anything like that, its an idea only, why not to make like Aurora, we are still on time, why not to make 6 billions coins instead of 3 billions, we can still have our 1 millions of coins and the other 3 billions can be distributed freely to the people of Ukraine to every inhabitants equally. This will make NEM known worldwide and NEM will never die as this coin its part of the identity of a country like Aurora is for Iceland. It does not have to be Ukraine, I just say Ukraine as many people mention this country, it can be a country the community decide or management think will be best to promote NEM and make it a success. If we do this I am sure NEM will be a crypto coin that will last for many years and not die in a year or two. We need to make this crypto coin unique.

I think distributing 3 billions coins free to a big community, country etc and the the other 3 billions to the stakeholders its a WIN WIN formula

What do you think?

It is easy to give NEM away, but does that guarantee NEM will be used or be identity or anything. Don't be fooled by Aurora. I could make Highland coin tomorrow and giving them en masses to the Scottish. Does that mean Highland coin are Scottish identity ?  

In the case of Aurora in particular, we could just make 1 billion "Icelander" coin on top of NEM via asset exchange and giving them all away to Icelander for free. "Icelander" coin sounds more Iceland identity than Auora coin, don't you think ?

Here is what everyone could do when NEM colored coin implementation goes live. You can issue whatever coin you want: Ukraine coin, Russian coin, Indian coin, Mars coins very easily given the infrastructure. Now your only job when having these coins is to make them these national identities.  

If you are really enchanted by Aurora success, I would suggest you use my idea and go to coingen to make an "Icelander" coin. Copy the Aurora coin specification for your coin + setup an homepage and copy everything in Aurora one and make the Airdrop 3 days sooner. You could pay some more and ask Hazard for a customized production of the coin as well. He will even give tech support. Don't be fooled by Aurora, the only buyer is the one holding 50% of Aurora premine.

Sorry It was just only an idea, by the way utopianfuture  you are doing a great job by making a strong community here Smiley)

Hi that is okay and the discussion is good. Join in with NEM and we could make it a success together. And not just by doing some gimmicks, but by putting in real efforts, pushing for new technical innovations, as well as genuine social changes. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

And for those interested in other countries:

http://world.time.com/2014/01/23/venezuelas-currency-controls-propels-those-with-connections/

regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

i read somewhere yesterday if you were a nxt ipo investor you shouldnt of invested in nem prety sure it was written by a dev of nem and now i cant find it anywhere can someone explain why this is so a pm from nem dev would be nice as i have a m8 who invested in nxt and nem ipos

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:41:11 PM

i read somewhere yesterday if you were a nxt ipo investor you shouldnt of invested in nem prety sure it was written by a dev of nem and now i cant find it anywhere can someone explain why this is so a pm from nem dev would be nice as i have a m8 who invested in nxt and nem ipos

Could you translate it? Smiley
regtable69

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:51:27 PM

in to what might i ask.

i read somewhere yesterday if you were a nxt ipo investor you shouldnt of invested in nem. prety sure it was written by a dev of nem and now i cant find it anywhere, can someone explain why this is so? a pm from nem dev would be nice as i have a m8 who invested in nxt and nem ipos
punctuation may help you here

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
Lucozade35

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:03:18 PM

in to what might i ask.

i read somewhere yesterday if you were a nxt ipo investor you shouldnt of invested in nem. prety sure it was written by a dev of nem and now i cant find it anywhere, can someone explain why this is so? a pm from nem dev would be nice as i have a m8 who invested in nxt and nem ipos
Are you sure you are on the right forum ? as i have not seen such postings. Nem is a no envy movement and welcomes all that will contribute in an active progressive way.
regtable69

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:28:33 PM

in to what might i ask.

Are you sure you are on the right forum ? as i have not seen such postings. Nem is a no envy movement and welcomes all that will contribute in an active progressive way.
definatly on nem either this post the update post or one of the other op posts jus cant remember which one. it wasnt saying you cant just advising you shouldnt have.

crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

in to what might i ask.

I highly doubt a NEM dev said that. Maybe a NXT ipo investor said that to dissuade you from getting into NEM, and possibly bringing down NXT value. I follow this thread pretty thoroughly and haven't seen someone say that here.
Edit:
But i just read your last point and it sounds like you are almost asking for financial advice, so sure, invest in NXT ipo, NEM ipo, and any other ipo that is cheap, because why not right? The $10 investment will be way better ROI than a lottery ticket.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

@DaFockBro

Don't worry you'll (probably) get you money back from your socketpuppet accounts   Roll Eyes

Don't post about this subject in this thread again. It belongs to the public audition or stake complaint thread.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

WELL, WELL, WELL - How is "I won't prevent multiple buy-in" equal to "I encourage multiple buy-in" ? I won't prevent people peeing in the street is very different from I encourage people peeing in the street.  It is clear that I said "I won't prevent multiple buy-in" because I couldn't at that point.

There are no new rules. The broad rules are still the same since day 1 including "the development team reserves the right to refund you the money if an effort to unfairly accumulate NEM stakes is discovered".

Taint analysis as well as activity analysis are considered new tools not new rules. DNA testing are applied back to many earlier unsolvable cases in early 80 when biological materials has emerged as the most reliable physical evidences at a crime scene. You remind me of certain rapists shouting why why why because when I did this/that there is no way someone could convict me.

I did not think of using these tools earlier and my thought that people won't take much effort to break the rules and register more than 5 shares seems to be wrong. But generally, I don't see any inconsistency in my thought of how the NEM fundrasing is supposed to work and how the NEM community is supposed to be.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

@DaFockBro

Don't worry you'll (probably) get you money back from your socketpuppet accounts   Roll Eyes

Don't post about this subject in this thread again. It belongs to the public audition or stake complaint thread.

I used a blockchain's shared send feature and fresh addresses to pay for my 20 stakes.  There is no way taint analysis can prove the 20 accounts that I control are connected.

I also used different proxies for each account so they all have different ip addresses associated with them.

I think it's bogus that I will get to keep my 20 stakes and other people will be refunded for doing the exact same thing in a less clever way.  

At first I thought this distribution method was great, then I realized it's a bogus witch hunt that will only catch maybe 40% of the less clever sock puppets.

Why not have everyone once ready to distribute, signup on NEM website and provide each person a unique ID.

And block all proxy traffic until the signups are completed?

erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:43:29 PM

@DaFockBro

I used a blockchain's shared send feature and fresh addresses to pay for my 20 stakes.  There is no way taint analysis can prove the 20 accounts that I control are connected.

I also used different proxies for each account so they all have different ip addresses associated with them.

I think it's bogus that I will get to keep my 20 stakes and other people will be refunded for doing the exact same thing in a less clever way.  

At first I thought this distribution method was great, then I realized it's a bogus witch hunt that will only catch maybe 40% of the less clever sock puppets.

Well your an arrogant one, are you?

I will donate 1000 NXT and 10,000 NEM (when distributed) to the individual who can find out his accounts and prove evidence to back it up.

If somebody feels like adding some coins in to the pot please do!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:45:22 PM

@DaFockBro

Well your an arrogant one, are you?

I will donate 1000 NXT and 10,000 NEM (when distributed) to the individual who can find out his accounts and prove evidence to back it up.

If somebody feels like adding some coins in to the pot please do!

Well we could do website sign-up/ IP checking as someone suggested. It would take a bit of coordination/ effort but not impossible.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
neilh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

Well we could do website sign-up/ IP checking as someone suggested. It would take a bit of coordination/ effort but not impossible.

Yeah extra work, but blocking proxy traffic and track IP's should help!
neilh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Good luck blocking all tor and proxy traffic.  Even if you somehow could, I would simply go around to 20 different public wifi spots in order to sign up from unique ip addresses.

If you want to require identification to claim stakes, I will get to work borrowing people's identification and acquiring fake id scans (extremely easy to fake an id scan in photoshop)

Why go through all this trouble refunding accounts?
 It's already the fairest and most evenly spread ipo in crypto history, even with all the sockpuppets).  Changing the rules and refunding stakes turns strong believers in NEM (people who put in the work to acquire multiple stakes) into NEM haters.

It is also unfair to change the terms of the ipo multiple times and start refunding people just because they offend you.

On the server level you can block all proxy, even if only for a short time while signups are completed.

At least the extra steps would make you work harder for it Wink

Same could be said about you going though all this trouble to try and get a bigger share! lol

Lucozade35

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:03:49 PM

Good luck blocking all tor and proxy traffic.  Even if you somehow could, I would simply go around to 20 different public wifi spots in order to sign up from unique ip addresses.

If you want to require identification to claim stakes, I will get to work borrowing people's identification and acquiring fake id scans (extremely easy to fake an id scan in photoshop)

Why go through all this trouble refunding accounts?  It's already the fairest and most evenly spread ipo in crypto history, even with all the sockpuppets.  Changing the rules and refunding stakes turns strong believers in NEM (people who put in the work to acquire multiple stakes) into NEM haters.  Utopian future even said it himself:

"That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes."

It is unfair a lot of people to change the terms of the ipo multiple times and start refunding people just because they offend you.
I dont't understand your hostility, more than likely you have a few accounts and have been found out, this is rational as your actions are not !
Lucozade35

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:18:49 PM

Yes i agree people with the most to loose use usually make the most noise  Grin
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:21:48 PM

Why go through all this trouble refunding accounts?  It's already the fairest and most evenly spread ipo in crypto history, even with all the sockpuppets.  Changing the rules and refunding stakes turns strong believers in NEM (people who put in the work to acquire multiple stakes) into NEM haters.  Utopian future even said it himself:

"That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes."

It is unfair a lot of people to change the terms of the ipo multiple times and start refunding people just because they offend you.
I dont't understand your hostility, more than likely you have a few accounts and have been found out, this is rational as your actions are not !

My accounts can not be found.  I have listed the necessary precautions I took to make this impossible.

I fear we are opening up a can of worms by going on a witch hunt and only catching maybe 40% of the sockpuppets.

These people will be pissed off that people like me got to keep their multiple stakes and they didn't.  This will lead to the creation of a bunch of unnecessary NEM haters.

Less NEM haters and more strong believers will make my 20 stakes a lot more valuable.

You have such a big mouth my friend...
Enjoy your 20 stakes while you have it. But rules are rules, and if somebody find you (it can happen), then its gone. If you read the thread, you will notice that the idea goes beyond merel speculation. So, if you want to value your stakes; I guess it is better to focus on how to give more value

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:44:17 PM

Yes i agree people with the most to loose use usually make the most noise  Grin

I think this is not the case here.
If I would have 20 stakes, I would be laughing silently somewhere in a corner  Cheesy
Why make so much noise if you're certain that it can't be traced? It's certainly not because you are compassionate with people who will get refunded.This is just to upset people...

If your intention is to have less NEM haters, this is not the way to achieve it, so that can't be the case.

I can only see one other motive to react like that.
TeseracT

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

I really dont like what this is going to be. ID registrations? really? So my name will be in some database, that can be stolen by hacker and made public on the internet. So If NEM wil become 1 dollar, everyone will know that Im millionair? So all people that know me will beg me for money, because "I created money out of thin air".
Actually, millionair that made money off the pyramide scheme,(so in case I wont be willing to share, they can justly hate me) in that time maybe even illegal pyramid scheme? (so banks will have less work finding whose account to freeze)

No thank you. I will rather buy stake on the launch for 20 bucks and enjoy it privatly.

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: