Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:30:41 PM

I really dont like what this is going to be. ID registrations? really? So my name will be in some database, that can be stolen by hacker and made public on the internet. So If NEM wil become 1 dollar, everyone will know that Im millionair? So all people that know me will beg me for money, because "I created money out of thin air".
Actually, millionair that made money off the pyramide scheme,(so in case I wont be willing to share, they can justly hate me) in that time maybe even illegal pyramid scheme? (so banks will have less work finding whose account to freeze)

No thank you. I will rather buy stake on the launch for 20 bucks and enjoy it privatly.

I don't think you need to use your real name, simply your BCT username!

That's IF they even implement, it was just a suggestion to help combat multi accounts.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:34:35 PM

I really dont like what this is going to be. ID registrations? really? So my name will be in some database, that can be stolen by hacker and made public on the internet. So If NEM wil become 1 dollar, everyone will know that Im millionair? So all people that know me will beg me for money, because "I created money out of thin air".
Actually, millionair that made money off the pyramide scheme,(so in case I wont be willing to share, they can justly hate me) in that time maybe even illegal pyramid scheme? (so banks will have less work finding whose account to freeze)

No thank you. I will rather buy stake on the launch for 20 bucks and enjoy it privatly.

You do realize this is not actually happening and this is just members on the forum bouncing around random ideas right? I can almost guarantee there is not going to be any kind of ID verification system like this because it's not worth the time and effort to try and implement all this just to catch a very, very small percentage of people who managed to purchase a few extra stakes.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:57:18 PM

But can we please have someone thinking out of the 'box' on this logo...
Like this?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
sampsonm

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:09:35 AM

I saw this Dilbert comic today and had to look-up holacracy. It sounds similar to how NEM might be organized.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holacracy

http://www.dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/10000/4000/200/214286/214286.strip.gif

http://www.dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/10000/4000/200/214287/214287.strip.gif

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:20:08 AM

I saw this Dilbert comic today and had to look-up holacracy. It sounds similar to how NEM might be organized.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holacracy

Awesome Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:14:28 AM

What can NEM improve over Etherium?

Do you think having a base blockchain without features is more productive?

Or should we follow NXT closer.... I believe Etherium will be our closest competition.

I just hope we don't have high inflation.

Thoughts?

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:43:34 AM

you guys talking shit about registration and IPs and blocking proxies/TOR are really stretching for it.  Seems waaaaay too Stasi Angry
Cryptocurrencies are supposed to be ANONYMOUS
gabbo876

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:44:57 AM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Islander"  Smiley

+1

Software that could add value to NEM because can be used with NEM and related to real life
problems issues.
Building useful services around NEM and on top of NEM and
widespread distribution of the coin(platform) will guarantee its success.

I think it was on an episode of Let's Talk Bitcoin that were talking about the impact of feture phones, think old Nokia handsets running a very early version of Symbian. I also think they were talking about Venezulan fisherman using their new feature phones to call the shore to organise getting the fish to market and how this had had a dramatic impact on their lives because it saved time and brought in more money. The next step discussed was if you could actually trade at sea on your way back to shore, landing at the closest port where the fish you had caught had alreay been paid for. An SMS gateway for NEM that would offer something like the M-Pesa in Kenya and wouldn't require hi-tech just medium-tech

KC

+1

I agree with this outlook 100%. Allowing low-medium tech phones easy access to NEM would pave a pathway for NEM to reach the masses of this world... quickly.

How possible is this to implement?

I imagine that low-medium tech NEM users won't have direct access to the internet. Given this, if we were to implement an SMS gateway and transactions are handled via SMS, how does one keep their anonymity?.... Thinking off the bat then, users of feature phones would give up their identity, which is just fine.. we can confirm this with the success of M-PESA

Lets seriously consider this - this could propel this Movement Leaps and bounds
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:46:51 AM

Or should we follow NXT closer.... I believe Etherium will be our closest competition.

Thoughts?

I think NEM is quite different from Ethereum. I feel like Ethereum is building a platform that will compete more directly with things like http://maidsafe.net/. Ethereum is also hosting a turing-complete language in their blockchain. It is still unclear to me how they plan to prevent that feature from being abused.

NEM, on the other hand, is delivering a "product" (the currency) and is focused on community building. There are also some clever things we're doing technically that will make it stand out. So far, I am very pleased with the development progress and the brainstorming of ideas. I think we are building something unique. And, the community efforts and support at this early stage of the development process are very encouraging.

Personally, I will be surprised if NEM doesn't eventually surpass NXT. And, if things break right, it could be much larger.

NEM - nem.io
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:34:58 AM

I think you are more worried about having to pay taxes Wink

I am absolutely amazed and a tad bit horrified with how much effort is going into this, I hope there is 10x more energy going into development than this witch hunt over, literally, at this point, nothing. 

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:38:19 AM

Thoughts?

I think NEM is quite different from Ethereum. I feel like Ethereum is building a platform that will compete more directly with things like http://maidsafe.net/. Ethereum is also hosting a turing-complete language in their blockchain. It is still unclear to me how they plan to prevent that feature from being abused.

NEM, on the other hand, is delivering a "product" (the currency) and is focused on community building. There are also some clever things we're doing technically that will make it stand out. So far, I am very pleased with the development progress and the brainstorming of ideas. I think we are building something unique. And, the community efforts and support at this early stage of the development process are very encouraging.

Personally, I will be surprised if NEM doesn't eventually surpass NXT. And, if things break right, it could be much larger.

Thanks for the updates Jaguar!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:36:34 AM

hello all,

I have been reading very good ideas during these 2 months,  to make a market adoption or make it known to the public like something they feel identify with.

Guys what I am going to say its only an idea , I don't want to change any rule or anything like that, its an idea only, why not to make like Aurora, we are still on time, why not to make 6 billions coins instead of 3 billions, we can still have our 1 millions of coins and the other 3 billions can be distributed freely to the people of Ukraine to every inhabitants equally. This will make NEM known worldwide and NEM will never die as this coin its part of the identity of a country like Aurora is for Iceland. It does not have to be Ukraine, I just say Ukraine as many people mention this country, it can be a country the community decide or management think will be best to promote NEM and make it a success. If we do this I am sure NEM will be a crypto coin that will last for many years and not die in a year or two. We need to make this crypto coin unique.

I think distributing 3 billions coins free to a big community, country etc and the the other 3 billions to the stakeholders its a WIN WIN formula

What do you think?

It is easy to give NEM away, but does that guarantee NEM will be used or be identity or anything. Don't be fooled by Aurora. I could make Highland coin tomorrow and giving them en masses to the Scottish. Does that mean Highland coin are Scottish identity ?  

Highland Coin is actually quite a good name... Haha

Having said that, if the Scottish vote for independence and they need a new currency, it certainly does seem like a golden opportunity to push for crypto. Unfortunately I don't think it'd ever happen.

Highlander coin would be a great name Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Islander"  Smiley

+1

Software that could add value to NEM because can be used with NEM and related to real life
problems issues.
Building useful services around NEM and on top of NEM and
widespread distribution of the coin(platform) will guarantee its success.

I think it was on an episode of Let's Talk Bitcoin that were talking about the impact of feture phones, think old Nokia handsets running a very early version of Symbian. I also think they were talking about Venezulan fisherman using their new feature phones to call the shore to organise getting the fish to market and how this had had a dramatic impact on their lives because it saved time and brought in more money. The next step discussed was if you could actually trade at sea on your way back to shore, landing at the closest port where the fish you had caught had alreay been paid for. An SMS gateway for NEM that would offer something like the M-Pesa in Kenya and wouldn't require hi-tech just medium-tech

KC

+1

I agree with this outlook 100%. Allowing low-medium tech phones easy access to NEM would pave a pathway for NEM to reach the masses of this world... quickly.

How possible is this to implement?

I imagine that low-medium tech NEM users won't have direct access to the internet. Given this, if we were to implement an SMS gateway and transactions are handled via SMS, how does one keep their anonymity?.... Thinking off the bat then, users of feature phones would give up their identity, which is just fine.. we can confirm this with the success of M-PESA

Lets seriously consider this - this could propel this Movement Leaps and bounds

I think once we get the basic currency up, then we and other people can try to make things easier to use. We need something to work with that is stable before we can build some simple systems on top of it.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Mokoto I guess u are referring to me Smiley . Ok I like your idea, I thought about it and it looks very hard to implement. I have asked my friend (Tsel_bt) who works for the Ministry of trade and industry to see if something like this could be done. He is in-charge of setting small cottage industries in villages like the ones you mentioned.

First of all, almost all farmers in Bhutan are illiterate or only semi-literate, ipads are sadly a luxury for most folks in Bhutan,they cannot afford it. The currency is highly regulated by the central bank and any alternative payment system must be approved by them. Lastly it would be an almost impossible transition for people who have never used the internet to overnight shift to using cryptocurrency as a payment mechanism.

That said, its still a good idea, I will get in contact with friends in the RMA( central bank) to see if it would be allowed. If we can get their approval we can proceed further.

Sounds great.

I think if we could do something like this, we would set up all the infrastructure based on donations from the community and charity donations from the genesis block. Doing this with people who have never used the internet before would be ideal I think, because it would force us to make a simple interface on top of NEM.

Another point I want to stress is that it would be great to do this in a way that is complementary and not disruptive to culture. Therefore, I don't think the government needs to worry too much. In remote areas, I think having a crypto-based payment system would be preferred in rural areas like that, because people could have access to their money when traveling and wouldn't have to travel with lots of cash.

The idea is to get crypto out into the real world and try to make a difference without changing local cultures.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
fishnick

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

I help to launch ICO / collecting

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:56:40 AM

ECoinFund launched the beta: login, invitation, trading contest will receive ECC (ECF Coin), the maximum was 160 ECC.

its bitcoinTalk Support Thread

devs, please contact this exhange!

ecoinfund.com

great potential to be next cryptsy.
owon

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:55:07 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:37:45 AM by owon

Hey guys,

i have an idea, i am unsure if it would be able to realize, but what if:

The devs reserve some NEM (lets say 100 stakes?) for a foundation (for sure the community needs to agree). Charitable/planet saving/animal saving/human rights etc. organisations can make a request to this foundation, describing their current project and request some NEM from the fund.The NEM community (every stakeholder or so) can vote whether to approve the money for the project or not.This would support organisations and projects around the world.

In case of urgend events like catastrophes the foundation can give proactively some NEM to helping organisations. I guess this could give us some positive media attraction and we can do something good in the real world. Maybe no organisaton will request NEM in the beginning, but if NEMs value rises it can be helpful for both, NEM and the good projects.

The "NEM foundation" could be something like "the first decentralized voted sponsor and approver for charitable projects..."

What do you think?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:03:57 AM

There are also some clever things we're doing technically that will make it stand out. So far, I am very pleased with the development progress and the brainstorming of ideas. I think we are building something unique.

From the discussions I'm following on the board it really looks impressing. I don't think we could have found a better dev team. I really hope the crypto world will appreciate all the "under the hood" goodies that you guys are putting in there Smiley There so much more than just POI that changes compared to NXT and I'm really excited about that.

roserose

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:09:28 AM

nice ,I am interested in。hwjysmyxgs@163.com

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:11:00 AM

Somehow UtopianFuture has managed to find some great people. I think he will announce some plans when it is time for purposing some NEM for charitable work.

That being said, just throwing money around is not going to change the world. Efforts should be directed in a way that will have a specific impact, which is why I am suggesting a NEM cooperative where people can use NEM and the asset exchange in daily life.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:28:46 AM

Hey guys,

i have an idea, i am unsure if it would be able to realize, but what if:

The devs reserve some NEM (lets say 100 stakes?) for a foundation (for sure the community needs to agree). Charitable/planet saving/animal saving/human rights etc. organisations can make a request to this foundation, describing their current project and request some NEM from the fund.The NEM community (every stakeholder or so) can vote whether to approve the money for the project or not.This would support organisations and projects around the world.

In case of urgend events like catastrophes the foundation can give proactively some NEM to helping organisations. I guess this could give us some positive media attraction and we can do something good in the real world. Maybe no organisaton will request NEM in the beginning, but if NEMs value rises it can be helpful for both, NEM and the good projects.

The "NEM foundation" could be something like "the first decentralized voted sponsor and approver for charitable projects..."

What do you think?

+1!

NEM - New Economy Movement
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: