Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:35:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:18:48 PM

What's up with cryptopia using a bad certificate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:30:05 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:48:15 PM by SISAR

With Cryptsy now gonne it would be smart to not depend on Poloniex alone but add HUC to one more exchange. Cryptopia offered a nice deal for all coins that traded on Cryptsy, for not much money. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/492 so roughly 0.08 BTC (500,000 DOT must be bought at https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=DOT_BTC) are needed to immidiately list HUC at Cryptopia, anyone willing to donate some money? I'm willing to participate with 10% but no more.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_huc should be removed from starting post here because Cryptsy is highly likely not coming back online.

i can give 0.04 btc but i may not get time until the end of the week

There is no rush or deadline but still, sooner we get HUC on Cryptopia the better. Just send to 1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT and as soon as 0.08 BTC is there I'll buy 500,000 DOT and go through the rest of procedure required for coin listing. Balance for address is 0.008 BTC at the moment, check it at https://blockchain.info/address/1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT

It works perfectly fine with Firefox, no complains of any kind.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:45:43 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 05:11:19 PM by The Bitcoin Co-op

With Cryptsy now gonne it would be smart to not depend on Poloniex alone but add HUC to one more exchange. Cryptopia offered a nice deal for all coins that traded on Cryptsy, for not much money. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/492 so roughly 0.08 BTC (500,000 DOT must be bought at https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=DOT_BTC) are needed to immidiately list HUC at Cryptopia, anyone willing to donate some money? I'm willing to participate with 10% but no more.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_huc should be removed from starting post here because Cryptsy is highly likely not coming back online.

i can give 0.04 btc but i may not get time until the end of the week

There is no rush or deadline but still, sooner we get HUC on Cryptopia the better. Just send to 1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT and as soon as 0.08 BTC is there I'll buy 500,000 DOT and go through the rest of procedure required for coin listing. Balance for address is 0.008 BTC at the moment, check it at https://blockchain.info/address/1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT

It works perfectly fine with Firefox, no complains of any kind.
Damn, wish I'd known this before using my spare funds to buy HUC, or else I'd contribute to the listing. At least I got some cheap coins below 400 satoshis! Cheesy

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
SISAR

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:50:29 PM

Damn, wish I'd known this before using my spare funds to buy HUC, or else I'd contribute to the listing. At least I got some cheap coins below 300 satoshis! Cheesy

Not sure where you bought so cheap but all-time low on Poloniex was 334 Satoshis. Some people are unfortunately working hard to beat that record. Given that most effort lately was put into developing bots so not even player time is required to gather coins I'd say we will see a new all-time low soon, with no signs of significant recovery. Then "Human Mining" part should be removed.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 05:16:02 PM

Damn, wish I'd known this before using my spare funds to buy HUC, or else I'd contribute to the listing. At least I got some cheap coins below 300 satoshis! Cheesy

Not sure where you bought so cheap but all-time low on Poloniex was 334 Satoshis. Some people are unfortunately working hard to beat that record. Given that most effort lately was put into developing bots so not even player time is required to gather coins I'd say we will see a new all-time low soon, with no signs of significant recovery. Then "Human Mining" part should be removed.

Typo, sorry. Meant 400.

I don't think we should get rid of human mining. Then Huntercoin would lose most of what makes it unique and innovative. Better to rally our community and refocus development efforts, which is something that will begin very soon. Was supposed to have begun already, but there were some IRL setbacks.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:59:56 PM

no bot development our side btw - not sure what you mean?

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:45:47 PM

From early on, this perception issue has been Huntercoin's weakness.

Devs work to make a "human mineable" coin, meaning a coin that can only be mined by someone using their own brain, hands, etc. But everyone recognizes that there is a huge industry around overcoming "human only" algorithms, whether capchas, online surveys or whatever, in this case an innovative cryptocurrency.

Whether bots mine HUC significantly or not, that threat, and the challenge devs face trying to negate it, are HUC's big permanent issues.

One way to capitalize on this....

The biggest jump in the development of algorithms, eventually, will be the development of a process that mines coins in a way that creates an artificial intelligence that has practical uses. Huntercoin is the closest coin right now to that future process, for many reasons.

Right now the "human mining" aspect of HUC is entertainment, a game where people try to conquer stuff and win this or that. Sometime in the future the human mining aspect will be specifically aimed at competing with bots which will have been created to imitate human thinking in some arena more practical than an online game.

This coin has devs used to dealing with all of the issues that a real artificial intelligence algo will face, but for the coin to actually develop in that direction it needs some "developer interface" that allows others to come to the coin and create their own algorithms.

In other words if the core HUC dev group continues with the HUC game, but also tries to develop a secure simple way for other devs to create their own "HUC mining programs", and if the focus is always on enforcing the "human mining" aspect then HUC will develop into a coin used to advance ai for practical uses.

Any competition between bots and humans is negative right now for a "human mineable" coin but at some point someone will put that tension to good use and a whole new type of algorithm process will develop. Huntercoin is in a better position than any other coin to start that, even though it is a very small coin right now.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:11:54 PM

From early on, this perception issue has been Huntercoin's weakness.

Devs work to make a "human mineable" coin, meaning a coin that can only be mined by someone using their own brain, hands, etc. But everyone recognizes that there is a huge industry around overcoming "human only" algorithms, whether capchas, online surveys or whatever, in this case an innovative cryptocurrency.

Whether bots mine HUC significantly or not, that threat, and the challenge devs face trying to negate it, are HUC's big permanent issues.

One way to capitalize on this....

The biggest jump in the development of algorithms, eventually, will be the development of a process that mines coins in a way that creates an artificial intelligence that has practical uses. Huntercoin is the closest coin right now to that future process, for many reasons.

Right now the "human mining" aspect of HUC is entertainment, a game where people try to conquer stuff and win this or that. Sometime in the future the human mining aspect will be specifically aimed at competing with bots which will have been created to imitate human thinking in some arena more practical than an online game.

This coin has devs used to dealing with all of the issues that a real artificial intelligence algo will face, but for the coin to actually develop in that direction it needs some "developer interface" that allows others to come to the coin and create their own algorithms.

In other words if the core HUC dev group continues with the HUC game, but also tries to develop a secure simple way for other devs to create their own "HUC mining programs", and if the focus is always on enforcing the "human mining" aspect then HUC will develop into a coin used to advance ai for practical uses.

Any competition between bots and humans is negative right now for a "human mineable" coin but at some point someone will put that tension to good use and a whole new type of algorithm process will develop. Huntercoin is in a better position than any other coin to start that, even though it is a very small coin right now.

I've kept watching the game during those months and what i see is that there are just a couple of (human) player that creates a lot of hunters, monopolize the map and play the whole day (could be a group of person maybe, but i think are very few) and i think that actually there are almost no bots (and i repeat, in bold, this happens since MONTHS)
Actually the game is in a state that's not so funny and profitable to be played, i've been silent to not flame or put the project in a wrong spot, but I've to say actually I've stopped upgrading my client (i still have ready a new version to release but since i don't see much interest around i'm wating to release it)

A mean-minded person might thinks that previous/actual game state is favoring the few players who are now playing supporting them to collect most of the coin generated during last months and since i felt this way, i prefered to step away from this coin for a while, waiting some update that hasn't happened yet

I will be interested to carry on this if I'll see finally some movement around the coin, actually an average joe could just perceive this coin as abandoned and this is what make me sad.

Having said this, I link to what you say about the "bot arena" you are talking about: this is exactly what i saw since first days of the game and one of the aspect i elaborated during the development of my client and i can say to you that I've already an SDK that could be used to implement custom artificial intelligence and it's at a good point, i was working on the "cooperation" aspect (making different automatic behaviours coordinate and exchange information) but i've stopped that too, as i said, anyway I've developed a lot, commented the code and i planned to write a good documentation about how to use it, etc... but since it needs a lot of effort, actually i wasn't enticed to continue the development (my client and my SDK is just a personal initiative, not backed up by funds or other kind of income)

my vision was having a smart client like mine, that's linked with a "Smart Behaviours Market", a place where people could publish their creation, rent/sold them, etc... and with many potential other features like offchain/sidechain 1 vs 1 fights / 5 vs 5 fights, etc...

I was even tempted about implementing a standalone game just fueled by cryptocoins, but since it would mean abandon current Huntercoin: Mithril Edition client development, i put on hold this idea, but never forgot about that. I still hope to see some kind of resurrection!

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:55:16 AM

Hi All.

Apologies for lack of post updates.

Things are moving.

1. some stuff being worked on in the background (more news hopefully soon)
2. Domob still working on new code base. now compiles and it's possible to play using rpc if i recall. Due to lack of resources atm this is priority over all. It will allow blockchain size to be reduced to <800mb. last update 10 days ago.
3. wiggi has released the better qt and has submitted a pr to the official huntercoin repo 8 days ago. This makes the QT more in line with the 3rd party clients and looks awesome. As soon as i check and confirm all is good i will merge the pr, and award some bounty. Awesome work btw.

Until domob finishes the work on huntercore i don't think it's worth adding any gameplay changes just yet as i believe he's close to finishing, although discussion still open for making gameplay more skill/competitve, rather than pure predictable as it is now.

I also agree with MM, there really isn't any bots atm as far as i can tell.
I play using the android unity app when travelling and the enemies seem pretty un-bot like.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:14:49 AM

I play using the android unity app when travelling and the enemies seem pretty un-bot like.

Either that or some genius has coded hunters that pass the Huntercoin Turing test Tongue
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 08:27:40 AM

Either that or some genius has coded hunters that pass the Huntercoin Turing test Tongue
And so it begins. Grin

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:36:32 AM

... an SDK that could be used to implement custom artificial intelligence and it's at a good point, i was working on the "cooperation" aspect (making different automatic behaviours coordinate and exchange information) but i've stopped that too, as i said, anyway I've developed a lot, commented the code and i planned to write a good documentation about how to use it, etc... but since it needs a lot of effort, actually i wasn't enticed to continue the development (my client and my SDK is just a personal initiative, not backed up by funds or other kind of income)

my vision was having a smart client like mine, that's linked with a "Smart Behaviours Market", a place where people could publish their creation, rent/sold them, etc... and with many potential other features like offchain/sidechain 1 vs 1 fights / 5 vs 5 fights, etc...

I was even tempted about implementing a standalone game just fueled by cryptocoins, but since it would mean abandon current Huntercoin: Mithril Edition client development, i put on hold this idea, but never forgot about that. I still hope to see some kind of resurrection!

The aspect of cryptocurrency that will change the artificial intelligence scene is the ability to make intelligence the variable in an algorithm.

Right now there are different humans (and perhaps bots) competing to solve the same huntercoin "questions" or games.

If instead of competing to kill online enemy soldiers, the competition was for solutions to some easily formed questions, the humans, and bots, would be competing in a way that would make it profitable for bots to surpass humans (i.e. at answering questions etc).

Huntercoin is prime for a project like this.

-

HUC offers a lot of possibilities going forward, and one of the most appealing aspects of the coin is that the devs seem pretty okay with the coin whether it is dirt cheap like now, or very expensive. Obviously huc devs need food and money but they are devoted to the project even at times like now when there is no money in the coin. A lot of coins hype some fake devotion to their project but huntercoin devs walk the walk.

I like the coins that use algos to find mystery numbers, primes and prime gaps like riecoin and gapcoin, and coins that do other useful things but there is nothing that will totally change the world like an ai coin and huntercoin seems to be in the best position.

To clarify something.
The value of a coin's algorithm to developing artificial intelligence is not in any specific "intelligence" the coin dev incorporates into the coin. Rather it is in motivating outside miners to create programs that can create and solve progressively harder problems, questions, riddles. There are necessarily two competing sides in a process that develops artificial intelligence, and the devs are only providing an environment for that competition and not actually involved in it.
SISAR

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:53:45 AM

Balance is still at 0.008 BTC only, my contribution.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:06:34 PM

Yep, it's a complicated matter.

Right now a new player (using an unknown name) will likely get stalked by some of the regulars, and killed if not paying attention for 10 minutes.
Or killed by an absent-minded hunter who then forgets to collect the loot. Or get stranded on the map with no bank in sight. A relatively simple assistance system
that normally just sits in the background until needed would make it more likely that the new player enjoys the game.

First there has to be an influx of new players of course.

And the strongest group of players is playing 100% manually, having to sleep some hours per day is probably their only weak point.

SISAR

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:26:11 AM

Is it realy possible this community has dropped so low, poor and stupid that deals like one Cryptopia offered will be ignored? What, all of you combined don't have less than 40 USD required to immidiately add HUC to legit exchange (registered business at New Zealand), a deal which normaly costs 400 USD at that exchange and usualy more at other exchanges, or you think deal is not worth the money? How fucking stupid can you go? Poloniex can go down the same way all major cryptocoin exchanges went, anytime, and then you will do what? No exchange, no coins (since I can bet you are dumb enough to keep all your coins at Poloniex), way to go?

You can debate whatever technical matters you want but you are totaly failing at fundamentals. And for now I am still around trying to help there but it is highly likely I'll stop losing my time here.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 02:24:34 PM

Is it realy possible this community has dropped so low, poor and stupid that deals like one Cryptopia offered will be ignored? What, all of you combined don't have less than 40 USD required to immidiately add HUC to legit exchange (registered business at New Zealand), a deal which normaly costs 400 USD at that exchange and usualy more at other exchanges, or you think deal is not worth the money? How fucking stupid can you go? Poloniex can go down the same way all major cryptocoin exchanges went, anytime, and then you will do what? No exchange, no coins (since I can bet you are dumb enough to keep all your coins at Poloniex), way to go?

You can debate whatever technical matters you want but you are totaly failing at fundamentals. And for now I am still around trying to help there but it is highly likely I'll stop losing my time here.

I want to, but I live paycheck to paycheck and my next one is 1st of the month. My next one will be divided between buying huntercoins and this initiative Smiley

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:49:28 PM

Sorry but I don't like Cryptopia one bit, and wouldn't give them a single doge. For one thing, they claim some moral superiority about not listing premined coins:

In order for a cryptocurrency to be hosted on Cryptopia it needs to satisfy the following requirements:
Open Source & listed on GitHub
No pre-mine, or justified pre-mine prior to launch.
No ICO or IPO prior to launch.
Official Website.
An established community

However, they take over some instamined shitcoin (Dotcoin previously Kimdotcoin), and force users to buy a million or half-million of it to have accelerated pathway onto their exchange.

For another thing, they seem very amateur. They've been around for a while now, and have yet to add a single non-bitcoin clone (BTS, ETH, XMR, etc.), because of "non-standard RPC calls". Some of these coins do major volume, and they'd prefer not to have even a little slice of it because they can't be bothered to adjust their RPC calls after a year? Riiiiight.
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:15:03 PM

Bittrex.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-11-16-15
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 11:04:42 PM

That's an even better idea. I'm gonna email them about it, soon, if nobody else is planning to  Grin

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:47:48 PM

Agreed - the one thing I will say is that I have been following this coin from the beginning, and lost a fair investment at the start. I left the scene for about 1.5 years and have returned a bit and found that the developers of this coin are still working hard in the background - this shows real dedication, and prompted me to make another investment.

Now - that all said, I *really* think that we should hold off making any major moves until Domob has completed the changes to reduce the blockchain size. Right now as it stands, it is pretty hard to setup huntercoin to play as you have to download a large blockchain and use third party software to integrate it. The alternative - syncing from the wallet is prone to hanging and I have yet to be able to get it to download all the way despite making a real effort. If we get the coin listed while these issues remain, it could really sour new users and create bad publicity. On the other hand if the changes are implemented and solve this long standing issue, the user base could expand pretty rapidly if listed on a good exchange and marketed well once they all realize how A) Unique the project is, B) How cheap the coins are (market cap only 10-20K!), and C) How devoted the developers are.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: