Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:48:51 AM

Does anyone want to buy my huntercoins???

i have approx 12 full coins?? Any offers for swap to BTC??

I'll give you 120 DOGE, since one HUC is worth about 10x as much as a single DOGE. Swapping for BTC is ridiculous since the amount of BTC you'd spend on the tx fee is more than 12 HUC is worth.

If u went to 160 doge i would do it...

How can we escrow??

Considering that the price of DOGE has gone up quite a bit since that post, a more reasonable change would be to around 100 DOGE for 12 HUC, but that's fine. No need to escrow, just PM your DOGE address, I'll send coins and then reply with my HUC address...if you want.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:58:40 PM

if anyone wants to test the better-qt by wiggi, they can take a look here for the windows version - he's already compiled but here is my compiled version

https://mega.nz/#!MM9G3SKI!Va9xWaP1iBffX5x8HYT1HXxjQjQQaK3qRGy6M3LBwHM

graphics are much better but may suffer from some performance issues
odd little bugs but would be good to get peoples feedback.

(this doesn't include the extra features he has been experimenting with atm)

The windows version of Huntercoin 1.3.01 linked in OP comes with Qt 4.8.5 dlls, so I assume all qt client variants can be built
using the original guide from bitcointalk.

Which is now difficult to find if not already knowing an exact line, like "4. Setup Qt 4.8.5 and compile Bitcoin-qt" to help google a bit.

It would be interesting if someone manages to build with Qt 4.8.6, or a newer boost version than 1_54_0 on windows.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 05:26:05 PM

This article is a comprehensive explanation of the history behind and current state of Huntercoin. It will fill you in if you don't have time to read through the mass of posts in the Huntercoin thread. You can trust it to be correct and not outdated for the near future.

It's a shame if such great idea will be forgotten. I've not visited this thread for a looong time and seems that almost nothing changed((

I believe that here are some people with a lot of coins, why not hire some professionals to reborn the game? Everyone holding the coins will win if new players will come!
Or we should find a professional who likes the game enough to buy some and market Huntercoin for free. Wink

By the way, now that we have a first batch of Huntercoin articles coming out, we're focusing on growing our social media presence. The best way to help right now would be by joining and referring those who might be interested to this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467303256806059/

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

This article is a comprehensive explanation of the history behind and current state of Huntercoin. It will fill you in if you don't have time to read through the mass of posts in the Huntercoin thread. You can trust it to be correct and not outdated for the near future.
Cool, interesting details about these other projects.

Games-on-a-blockchain are on a sliding scale of fake vs real.

If coins are sold to players so they can buy items or whatever in-game it's 100% fake.

If Blizzard would have WoW gold as cryptocurrency but the accounts with PCs and gear belong to Blizzard (that can ban players)
it's 90%+ fake. (with characters and items being all fungible bitassets they could still change the game that is running on their
servers at will: 75% fake)

Speaking of bitasset, the early versions of Bitshares (if it were a game) looked like pretty close to the "real" end. Then something went wrong.

A second sliding scale is game vs cryptocurrency, how much value in percent of the crypto is, or can be, in-game.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 07:21:37 PM

It's a shame if such great idea will be forgotten. I've not visited this thread for a looong time and seems that almost nothing changed((

I believe that here are some people with a lot of coins, why not hire some professionals to reborn the game? Everyone holding the coins will win if new players will come!
Or we should find a professional who likes the game enough to buy some and market Huntercoin for free. Wink

By the way, now that we have a first batch of Huntercoin articles coming out, we're focusing on growing our social media presence. The best way to help right now would be by joining and referring those who might be interested to this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467303256806059/
"You must log in to continue."   Angry
Alas, Facebook is what it is.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:46:16 AM

Does anyone want to buy my huntercoins???

i have approx 12 full coins?? Any offers for swap to BTC??

I'll give you 120 DOGE, since one HUC is worth about 10x as much as a single DOGE. Swapping for BTC is ridiculous since the amount of BTC you'd spend on the tx fee is more than 12 HUC is worth.

If u went to 160 doge i would do it...

How can we escrow??

Considering that the price of DOGE has gone up quite a bit since that post, a more reasonable change would be to around 100 DOGE for 12 HUC, but that's fine. No need to escrow, just PM your DOGE address, I'll send coins and then reply with my HUC address...if you want.

When i last checked doge was 0.00000069 & its now only 0.00000066 so for me its gone down If u stay with the original offer of 120 DOGE im happy with that..

My DOGE address is :

DBRjNd1Kifqchmm1vmAh3xvjSiDoZZWtqz

Let me know when its done & i send the HUC on 1 confirmation.

Dont forget your HUC address...

I have 12.20839955 HUC in total

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:46:26 AM

Let me know when its done & i send the HUC on 1 confirmation.

Dont forget your HUC address...

I have 12.20839955 HUC in total

OK, sent 160 DOGE. PMing my HUC address (not sure you're supposed to post addresses in threads).
wiggi

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:08:04 PM

Auction is open on mainnet.

Playing on testnet a bit to understand the details before doing anything for real is probably a good idea

- The juicy reward for buyers (by far over)compensate for some risks (example: dead hunters don't exist and don't get anything)
- This is regular Huntercoin, no fork. Just extracting some extra data from blockchain and displaying it.
- A player could theoretically use Unity3d client, walk over the right tile, type "GEM:HUC set ask 1 at 1000000",
  and *eventually* that hunters name address *will* receive coins
- "Settlement price" is the game's guess of what the collateral value currently is. It moves very slowly.
- On testnet, just delete/rename gamestate.dat, a new one is generated on start (safemode uses the "normal" gamestate.dat)
- Editors like Qt-creator, Vim or Notepad++ can autoupdate without asking (for generated auction.txt)
- there *are* dangerous bugs

Don't use an old client version.
New windows build:
https://mega.nz/#!2BsVhDDR!CulNnVf1Q1M7cKhqpW7GmeEKHRfAJdLwFRbhIcMWS2E

the scary "alert for the auction page" warning in the latest commit for https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin
is a canary:
0.5 BTC bounty if someone can trigger it network-wide (on testnet, all tricks allowed).
It's easy to screw with your own node of course.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:16:20 AM

guys,

what happened? huc is rising again.
wiggi

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:11:54 PM

I've heard it works better on other operating systems besides Windows. Unfortunately, I don't know Linux, yet  Embarrassed
There's no real "getting started with Huntercoin" list.
Let's collect some useful notes, assuming little knowledge and no-enthusiast-level hardware. (1 desktop PC or notebook, windows, CPU with VTx, no SSD or no free space on it for blockchain)

1) get blockchain from http://chain.huntercoin.org/
  - on Windows, get a program like "wxDownloadFastPortable" to download big files

2) get the newest 1.3.01 client, start and exit a few times while offline, rename the resulting wallet.dat files (e.g. wallet.dat.huc.new.01 to wallet.dat.huc.new.19) and BACKUP them.
  - this way, it will always be easy to have a fresh (<10MB) wallet, and less lag, when playing

3) Make a reliable node (so that it'll never simply stop receiving blocks again)
  - get Oracle VirtualBox and Oracle VBox guest additions

- get Linux Mint Mate edition (v17.3LTS, the old v13LTS works too)
    - give the new VM 35...40GB disk space (fixed size), 2 CPUs, 64MB video ram
    - to install guest additions: open VBOXADDITIONS... folder, "open in terminal", and:
      sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
    - don't use their stupid Update manager (paste "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" in console once per day)
    - on 17.3: use Software manager, search "qt", install Qt-Creator.

- source: (get both, put in different folders)
    - official v1.3.01: https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
    - modded client: https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin

- Dependencies:
    - formatting in http://huntercoin.org/downloads/compile-guide/ seems broken so that only 1 line is processed
    - I (also) installed this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev

- and for good measure, and bitcoin 0.11.2 (only if using Mint v17.3):
Code:
apt-get install libevent-dev

- open huntercoin-qt.pro in Qt-Creator
      - in official v1.3.01 huntercoin-qt.pro, if miniupnpc is not installed, add the line
Code:
USE_UPNP=-

- and: Build | Build project huntercoin-qt

to be continued...
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 10:34:37 PM

guys,

What exchange is this trading on?  TIA!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:49:59 PM

guys,

What exchange is this trading on?  TIA!

Most notably Poloniex. Not sure about anywhere else now that Cryptsy is goxxed.
wiggi

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:32:02 PM

There are a lot of situations where another hunter tries to kill you and a fight is unavoidable, but can happen anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes, or from 10 minutes to 25. Be glued to the screen or lose, which is also the reason why no (as in not a single one) new player will play regularly, until this is fixed.

So the game needs an afk mode with defense that is good enough to discourage a "casual attack if seeing a new name". On the other hand, if someone has an habit of keeping their hunters on the map, day and night, any player should be able to dispatch  these (with 2 hunters and at an expense of 40 Huc)

The question is: should such an afk mode be released with full source? If yes, will some players always have something better than what is released for everyone because they apply their own mod for each new release, limiting the number of people who are willing to play? If no, does the copyright even allow it? Is there a middle way with excessive configurability (and lots of "choose 1 of these 10 formulas" in the source). Will devs cooperate to maintain the afk mode? Lots of questions.

It's also not really clear if this (game asks for too much time in an inflexible way, need afk mode asap or eventually back to 1 guy playing and 300 sats) is painfully obvious or minority opinion.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 05:37:28 PM

There are a lot of situations where another hunter tries to kill you and a fight is unavoidable, but can happen anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes, or from 10 minutes to 25. Be glued to the screen or lose, which is also the reason why no (as in not a single one) new player will play regularly, until this is fixed.

So the game needs an afk mode with defense that is good enough to discourage a "casual attack if seeing a new name". On the other hand, if someone has an habit of keeping their hunters on the map, day and night, any player should be able to dispatch  these (with 2 hunters and at an expense of 40 Huc)

The question is: should such an afk mode be released with full source? If yes, will some players always have something better than what is released for everyone because they apply their own mod for each new release, limiting the number of people who are willing to play? If no, does the copyright even allow it? Is there a middle way with excessive configurability (and lots of "choose 1 of these 10 formulas" in the source). Will devs cooperate to maintain the afk mode? Lots of questions.

It's also not really clear if this (game asks for too much time in an inflexible way, need afk mode asap or eventually back to 1 guy playing and 300 sats) is painfully obvious or minority opinion.
Yeah, it's the biggest gameplay issue IMO. I think MithrilMan's client provides a decent solution, however.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:40:24 AM

in few days i'll update my client with a new version that expose much better the pending moves and path in general and has an improved automatic behaviour system
along with that I hope to find the time to record some "how to" videos to show how to use automatic behaviours, chain them togheter, etc...

Actually I haven't by purpose implemented aggressive automatic behaviour and I still need to implement the "run away" behaviour, but isn't hard to do in a simple way (like when an enemy enters in a nxn radius from the player, move away from him)

Talking about automatic behaviours, if someone has some idea that want to be implemented just drop me a line with the logic and I'll implement it (if generically useful)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:59:08 PM

Wow, this is an amazing project!

How many Huntercoin can I mine per hour playing the game?

wiggi

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:06:48 AM

in few days i'll update my client with a new version that expose much better the pending moves and path in general and has an improved automatic behaviour system
along with that I hope to find the time to record some "how to" videos to show how to use automatic behaviours, chain them togheter, etc...

The best we can do is to make the client that is perfect for the respective maintainer's own playing style. Could be farmer, duellist, psycho stalker, stat nerd, grand strategist, probably much more and more complex when the game evolves (currently it slowly does, from only 1vs1 encounters to group tactics)

Yeah, it's the biggest gameplay issue IMO.

Definitely the biggest gameplay issue, and the question "should such an afk mode be released with full source" was meant more literally, like in say a wish and be careful etc  Tongue

There is an updated readme on github, and a replacement huntercoin-qt.exe/huntercoin-qt for windows and "32bit ubuntu 12.04 derivatives". I think the afk mode makes the difference between just "human minable", and enjoyable as a game.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:42:46 AM

Yeah, it's the biggest gameplay issue IMO.
Definitely the biggest gameplay issue, and the question "should such an afk mode be released with full source" was meant more literally, like in say a wish and be careful etc  Tongue
Go for it, I say. We could easily build an AFK contingency right into the protocol, even; for example, a Hunter could be auto-banked at a higher fee if it doesn't move for X number of blocks.

m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:06:52 AM

Will Huntercoin be available on mobile?

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:46:39 AM

Will Huntercoin be available on mobile?
Eventually. Gotta finish Huntercore, first. Then it'll be time to work on mobile/browser clients. I think snailbrain is more into mobile app than browser, because it can be more trustless, not holding people's private keys.

Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: