Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:57:15 PM

DOGE - at first i hated, then i bought, now i love. Smiley 

Of course it's litecoin with a new name and some new parameters .... deserves nothing but somehow has gone way further than anyone could have imagined. It will now never go away.

If the devs are serious about doge doing some fund raising for animals and such it will only get far far far more popular.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:18:10 PM

Of course it's litecoin with a new name and some new parameters .... deserves nothing but somehow has gone way further than anyone could have imagined. It will now never go away.

If the devs are serious about doge doing some fund raising for animals and such it will only get far far far more popular.

Well we did get $30k raised for doge4kids which trains dogs service doges for disabled kids.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

Well we did get $30k raised for doge4kids which trains dogs service doges for disabled kids.

well that is awesome, i didn't know about that since i have been pretty busy lately and have not kept up with the doge community. However that is excellent news.

If doge continues to do things like this it's future is very bright. Also raising money for dog shelters ect... i mean people love dogs and animals too, i think a lot of people unassociated with crypto would come on board if doge set up something like that. I mean the biggest doge pools could easily put fee's up 0.5% and put all that to a doge coin trust for animal or dogie projects.

cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:23:46 PM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

You mad ?
yaboymarvo

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:35:06 PM

well that is awesome, i didn't know about that since i have been pretty busy lately and have not kept up with the doge community. However that is excellent news.

If doge continues to do things like this it's future is very bright. Also raising money for dog shelters ect... i mean people love dogs and animals too, i think a lot of people unassociated with crypto would come on board if doge set up something like that. I mean the biggest doge pools could easily put fee's up 0.5% and put all that to a doge coin trust for animal or dogie projects.
There has been talk about setting up a pool that sends all the coins to one wallet that gets sent to the dogecoin foundation account,but i havent heard anything yet. Also i think someone donated to will ferrell's charity cancer for college too. The charity donations alone have helped spread the word of dogecoin to people who have never even heard of crypto currency.
Predseda4D

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:05:01 PM

For more info about official foundation you can go here http://foundation.dogecoin.com/roadmap
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

There has been talk about setting up a pool that sends all the coins to one wallet that gets sent to the dogecoin foundation account,but i havent heard anything yet. Also i think someone donated to will ferrell's charity cancer for college too. The charity donations alone have helped spread the word of dogecoin to people who have never even heard of crypto currency.

+1
This will raise the value of DOGE too !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:03:53 PM

in a response to the OP, I dont think it is necessarily bad ... competition is good in a free market, just think how it makes everyone adapt to stay competitive.

I can guarantee litecoiners are starting to get nervous at the quick rise of another scrypt.

It just makes other coins compete better and hopefully everyone benefits.

Peercoin adapted to a POS so it is unique in the crypto space, Quark came out with a CPU coin w/ a multi hash algo changing the space around some more.  

I hold Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Quark, but am most bullish on Quark ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:24:44 PM

This whole thing reminds me about FTC, except with even larger block rewards, a strong meme, and even stronger community.

Funny thing is that despite all of that, I see DOGE on a precipice where it's either going to crash extremely hard or provide stable growth until it hits a plateau (whatever happens at that point though is a different story).

If I was a betting man, I'd say in about 3-4 weeks we'll get some type of resolution to this.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:30:09 PM

That sounds like good thinking to me.
Happy5154

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:34:06 PM

If you can't beat them,then join them!  Cheesy
yannis7777

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:39:45 PM

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.
Many LOLs on the cheerleaders part.
Although I know almost nothing about the technical aspects of scrypt and sha256 coins and all I know is generic stuff, I like the idea behind Doge (for when it comes to promoting a coin, it is where Doge has taught everyone a lesson and a HOWTO and so far has excelled); yet coming to the second and most important part where you suggest to find something unique:
 Which are the most unique and promising coins in the scrypt mining scene? MINTcoin, VERTcoin, something else?
This is a question directed to all the tech-savvy members of this brilliant community.

DOGE: DDsZd5Ekyz95ndodQZpChpspR2PstTdNQY
jongameson

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:48:51 PM

i actually mined a FTC block a month ago.  what a suprise.  i thought i didn't get nothin

give-me-coins.com 4 life
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

Crypto is much more popular this year than it was last year thanks to DOGE.

Much damaging. Such intelligence of OP missed this. Wow.

Such intelligence also missed that we are a point where we no longer need new coins - we just need acceptance of crypto. DOGE much accepeted. Wow.
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:59:53 PM

Many LOLs on the cheerleaders part.
Although I know almost nothing about the technical aspects of scrypt and sha256 coins and all I know is generic stuff, I like the idea behind Doge (for when it comes to promoting a coin, it is where Doge has taught everyone a lesson and a HOWTO and so far has excelled); yet coming to the second and most important part where you suggest to find something unique:
 Which are the most unique and promising coins in the scrypt mining scene? MINTcoin, VERTcoin, something else?
This is a question directed to all the tech-savvy members of this brilliant community.

When any coin can be cloned byte for byte, uniqueness and development are perhaps less important than marketing and brand.  Having said that I believe strong development and support for the micro-transaction economy is going to be one of the key battlegrounds for crypto.  Dogecoin, whether through luck or judgement has realized that there is a whole world of people who want to tip the content creators on twtter, youtube, facebook and many other sites for original and interesting work. This is the Internet of money in my opinion, this is where Visa and Paypal haven’t a hope of competing.  No other crypto apart from coinye, the other 'joke' currency is even interested in this market.
jongameson

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

cause Blood is thicker than Water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqHw3p2hLU
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

Maybe you should try a post without all the commentary on other posters that simply lays out your concerns. 

If doge was good enough (joke or otherwise) to gain supports it seems like it should have every chance. 

More users for crypto currencies is good.  If your concern is that new users will buy doge and then be sad puppies when it crashes (as it does have a lot of coins) well that's life.  I can't tell if you are being paternalistic or trolling.

The simple fact is that I've never understood the doge versus bitcoin point of view.  Both can work.  We can have hundreds of cryptos just like we have hundreds of different fiat currencies.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:38:41 PM

Maybe you should try a post without all the commentary on other posters that simply lays out your concerns. 

If doge was good enough (joke or otherwise) to gain supports it seems like it should have every chance. 

More users for crypto currencies is good.  If your concern is that new users will buy doge and then be sad puppies when it crashes (as it does have a lot of coins) well that's life.  I can't tell if you are being paternalistic or trolling.

The simple fact is that I've never understood the doge versus bitcoin point of view.  Both can work.  We can have hundreds of cryptos just like we have hundreds of different fiat currencies.

I think there is a fear of tarnishing cryptocurrencies if so many people get burned. (Understanding why the OP doesn't crypto or BTC to get an even worse reputation is another matter.)

But let's be honest, those that have been here long enough have seen this cycle many times before (remember Fairbrix/Tenebrix? FTC pump? The constant attacks on TRC when ASICs first came out? And so many other scandals...). People are going to get burned, it's the nature of the beast, and frankly the nature of "investments" (which let's face it, a lot of people treat crypto as "investments" in the loosest sense of the term).

Nonetheless, even if BTC gets some tarnish from this, there will still be people in this market. After all, where there is money involved, people are bound to come.
kbane

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:19:56 AM

Dear, [insult] and [insult],

Your [insult] [insult]coin is nothing but a [insult] [insult] of [insult]
with an [insult] and [insult].. which is just a [insult].
The dev / [insult] aka: [insult], could not even [insult] for his [insult] [insult]

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets [insult] !

Doge coin is a [insult] [insult] [insult] that is [insult].
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
[insult].. i can see clearly [insult] [insult].
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and [insult]..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because [insult]
decided [insult].. [insult] [insult] [insult] are the problem and i kinda wish [elitist remark].

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. [insult].
They are [insult] to realize that their support of Doge and [insult] are [insult] the very thing [insult].
Which is [insult] [insult] [insult] for a [elitist remark].. you [insult] by [insult]..
while [insult] while [insult] and worth less.. [ironic praise] lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a [elitist remark].
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because [insult] [insult] [insult] screeching Doge and Much [insult] [insult]..

[incoherent ramblings]..
after all you might as well if the [insult] [insult] [insult] exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a [insult] across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a [uneducated word dropping].

Never mind the long term implications of this [insult].. you [insult] are doing [elitist remark]
and i am going to make sure your [insult] [insult] [insult] goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how [insult] [insult] and [insult] Doge coin is.

that offer something unique and have a [elitist remark] and [ignorant remark].. just look for them there are many.

Good post.

In response, I say [incoherent ramblings].. [insult] [insult] [insult] ... [elitist remark] and [ignorant remark].. just look for them there are many.
Kalac

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:47:11 AM

People like you are detrimental to the crypto community, just look at all the vile you are spewing. Novelty is overrated, if crypto-currencies are to succeed adaptability will play a huge roll. Dogecoin does that, it may not bring nothing to the crypto world as far as script innovation. However, it's attracting the mass, the average Joe. If you where just starting, would you chose over greedy troll box in BTC-e or /r/dogecoin? You and people like you it's whats wrong with crypto currencies, there is too much greed, elitism, and speculation (not enough implementation). Take a look at Litecoin, all i see of that coin is speculation. Dogecoin has the micro transaction thing going for it and it's being implemented. To sum it up in a list:

1. more coins for larger transactions instead of fractions
  2. faster block rate (one a minute) *good against double spending
  3. faster difficulty adjustment time (4 hours vs days or weeks)
  4. faster reward halving time  (every other month or so)
  5. faster time to last block (mid 2015)
  6. faster confirmations on transactions
  7.Comunity!!!!
  8.Development (jut search /dogecoindev,)
  9.Integration into major sites in the work (amazon, twitch, Facebook, youtube, google+, twitter,imgr,sound cloud...list goes on), you might not now about it         because you are to full of hate.

Those are just a few things, the lists keep on going...(a lot of this are in beta, and i have seen most of them and most of the Dogecoin community has seen them. That's why we believe.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: