Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:01:53 AM

Saturday Morning Food for Thought

'Total Data Security Approach'

Talked to a cryptography enthusiast the other day about 'ordinary cryptography' -- normal Internet security, etc., not including crypto currencies.

Been thinking for ages that we could be taking an approach whereby we assume that the use of one or more cryptos is integral to the general security of ordinary people. Think about it, having anti-virus on your computer, for example, is an 'overlap point.' You gotta have it for general security; ya gotta have it as part of the security of your crypto wallets.

Saleable product!

IMZ Mark

Mark, I like that "Total Data Security Approach", but don't expect that any time soon. Just doing something about it is not good enough. We want to be very systematic and strategic about it. Within a couple of years, DNotes will have the advantage of scale and coverage. There is also a great advantage to own the most important parts of our ecosystem. I can see how the whole thing can be incorporated as a total package. Thanks for sharing another great idea.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:01:51 AM

Found this on bitcoinwarrior!

Source: http://bitcoinwarrior.net/2015/08/free-bitcoin-education-google-play-app-launched-by-dnotes/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:04:54 PM

Great press release, CryptoBroker79.  “There is an overwhelming amount of fragmented knowledge out there, and we wanted to make this simple enough that people from all walks of life and from anywhere in the world, can learn about it at their own pace.”

Bitcoin and Digital Currency like DNotes can be intimidating and even scary to anyone who has not heard much about it. Yet it is not because there is not enough published inform available but “an overwhelming of fragmented information” everywhere including a great amount of inaccurate reporting and aggressive headlines.

Knowledge vacuum is another challenge our industry has to overcome if mass acceptance of digital currency were to be expected any time soon. DNotes is committed to help overcome this hurdle. In addition to Digital Currency Educational Guide we will soon be launching DCEBrief for busy political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others by focusing on issues that matter with “Executive Summary” supported by full length articles.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:39:40 PM

I want to publicly acknowledge Brandon (Cryptobroker) and Wiser for this press release. They pretty much accomplished this single-handedly. Brandon has been working like a dog, mostly for his charity, NOT for himself. Typical DNotes way of thinking, and I LOVE IT! There are causes greater than one's self. My advice to everyone else: Find a cause, and GO FOR IT! I also want to thank Blake, our press release guy. He is dong a FANTASTIC job. Alan, Joe and I talk about him frequently, and think very highly of him. He is in "our corner", and has went the "extra mile" for us time and time again.

I am SO proud of all the DNotes team, from Alan and Joe, right down to folks who are DNotes disciples, but mebbe post infrequently (the silient majority, in my opinion).

.....walking with a little more "spring in my step this morning,
Smokey   
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 02:09:56 PM

For those who might have missed this, here is a nice article about DNotes Educational Guide published in Coin News Asia earlier:

http://www.coinnewsasia.com/dnotes-educational-guide-brings-digital-currency-learning-to-your-smartphone/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:07:50 PM

DNOTES   14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ   36531   

Still making progress on Cryptsy votes and gaining on the #1 position. Keep it up guys! Don't forget to send in your request to add DNotes if you haven't done so in the last month.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:11:56 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 10:53:50 PM by CryptoBroker79

I want to publicly acknowledge Brandon (Cryptobroker) and Wiser for this press release. They pretty much accomplished this single-handedly. Brandon has been working like a dog, mostly for his charity, NOT for himself. Typical DNotes way of thinking, and I LOVE IT! There are causes greater than one's self. My advice to everyone else: Find a cause, and GO FOR IT! I also want to thank Blake, our press release guy. He is dong a FANTASTIC job. Alan, Joe and I talk about him frequently, and think very highly of him. He is in "our corner", and has went the "extra mile" for us time and time again.

I am SO proud of all the DNotes team, from Alan and Joe, right down to folks who are DNotes disciples, but mebbe post infrequently (the silient majority, in my opinion).

.....walking with a little more "spring in my step this morning,
Smokey  

Thanks Smokey, if it weren't for DNotes I may have never got the opportunity to help so many people who are very important to me. I also encourage anyone who is truly passionate about a cause to pursue it now. Your cause can grow with DNotes, giving you added ability to provide unique solutions for existing problems.

I really appreciate the press release by Blake, making a very generous contribution to help us attain our goals. Since the press release by Bitcoin PR Buzz, our total downloads have nearly doubled!

Bitcoin and Digital Currency like DNotes can be intimidating and even scary to anyone who has not heard much about it. Yet it is not because there is not enough published inform available but “an overwhelming of fragmented information” everywhere including a great amount of inaccurate reporting and aggressive headlines.

Knowledge vacuum is another challenge our industry has to overcome if mass acceptance of digital currency were to be expected any time soon. DNotes is committed to help overcome this hurdle. In addition to Digital Currency Educational Guide we will soon be launching DCEBrief for busy political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others by focusing on issues that matter with “Executive Summary” supported by full length articles.

It's clear that DNotes has taken the forefront on educating the masses. If Bitcoin had made education a priority in their second year, maybe they could have dispelled some of the unwarranted criticism earlier on, and we would be seeing a more widely embraced currency today.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

Question: Why DNOTES doesn't have page on Facebook?   I think this is needed for reaching many people which wouldn't be interested in DC unless if DC come to their arena

Still making progress on Cryptsy votes and gaining on the #1 position. Keep it up guys! Don't forget to send in your request to add DNotes if you haven't done so in the last month.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 07:36:16 PM

Question: Why DNOTES doesn't have page on Facebook?   I think this is needed for reaching many people which wouldn't be interested in DC unless if DC come to their arena

Hi Mati,

I'm not a social media expert, we have one.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dnotescoin/777105165651768

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:45:55 PM

Thank you. I understand why I didn't find it on search: because the name DNOTES isn't  seperated from the adjective COIN. maybe it would be better to seperate them

Hi Mati,

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 07:55:17 PM

Thank you. I understand why I didn't find it on search: because the name DNOTES isn't  seperated from the adjective COIN. maybe it would be better to seperate them

Hi Mati,

Ahh, that makes sense. I'll take a look and see if I can.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:19:41 PM

Cryptsy votes up to 34355 at the time of this post, DNotes remains in position #2 with the top position at 42545. As Alan mentioned we may not need to compete with the top position, but it could only help our case if we make it to #1.

Also, as a reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for New York's bitlicense. For New York residents, be sure to check your exchange's balance and if they are licensed. Poloniex will no longer be serving New York residents.

Yesterday met with Horus from Cryptsy in chatroom, ask support to add DNotes and fast explain how serius proyect is, he say the are starting to add coins again and problably soon have surpraise   Grin

Just not forgot voting DNotes in cryptsy for free https://www.cryptsy.com If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  for 50 votes

Way to go infovortice2013!   Smiley

DNotes current standing at Cryptsy:  3rd place with 39111 votes

Looks like we have a little competition...

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:29:05 PM

On a normal day I received 50 DNotes related emails from around the world. With few exceptions, I response to every single one; most of them are just copy and paste, of course, but some are more personalized. I do not like auto response. Reading every single email is demanding but it gives me a very good feel of how DNotes and our related projects are being received.

Perhaps over 10% of my replies are individually responded to, including some from high level executives and others that relate to our long term plan.  The following email is an example of that and worth sharing: For privacy the name has been changed.

Hello Alan,

I hope you are trying to enjoy your summer and keeping cool. I just downloaded your Dnotes Education guide real great and user friendly. One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?

I mean it is a thought considering Fintech insurance is trying to get out.

Let me know what you think.

Jane

Hello Jane,

Very good to hear from you. I am doing well and have always enjoyed the summer since I love gardening. Hope you are doing well too.

DNotes is much more than another digital currency. We are always very proactive in identifying industry problems and challenges and provide solutions where we can. Educating consumers globally is one of them; hence the DNotes Educational Guide you just downloaded. We will be launching DCEbrief later this month. There is a serious knowledge vacuum in our industry, even among high level executives who are currently participants in our industry. DCEBrief focuses on providing "Executive Summary" on issues that matter, with full length articles. All indications are that it will be very well received.

I am glad that you had a chance to visit DNotesVault and took notice of CRISP For Retirement. All of our CRISP programs are still in pilot phase positioned for full scale roll-out at the most opportune time. The biggest holdback is regulatory constraint which otherwise would allow anyone worldwide to acquire DNotes with their local currency and instantly send the DNotes to their CRISP account at DNotesVault. However, I am confident that such convenience will become a reality in a number of countries in the near future. Imagine shopping in Spain at a "participating" convenient store and be able to tell the checkout person, " Make it $100 euros and send the change to my DNotes savings" One tap on your smart phone to bring up a selection of DNotes addresses and tap on the one you wanted the change to be sent to. Done.

"One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?"

And finally to answer your question. The answer is 'yes' if you can wait. Within 3 to 5 years DNotes ecosystem will include a registered and licensed exchange, banks, partner banks among others offering a full suite of financial services. Pilot on CRISP for Insurance could start as early as next year. Initial test will offer a whole life policy with a "Term Rider" and a universal life policy with different flavors.

In the mean time, CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits is actually designed to engage Insurance Agencies and Insurance Sales Persons early so that they get to know DNotes and become DNotes stakeholders. For those who are not familiar with insurance sales, it is helpful to know that this industry spends billions on cash incentive often payout daily or weekly to reward producers who are typically dependent on 100% commission.

I hope this answered your question.

All my best to you,

Alan

It is so cool that she found out about the CRISP for Retirement from the DNotes Educational Guide and had the insight to see how the CRISP could be applied in other circumstances.  We talked about how DNotes would make a great alternative to health care insurance, long term care insurance, etc a while ago.  Using it within managed insurance products in a few years will be a gamechanger for the insurance industry!  Very exciting!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Cryptsy votes up to 34355 at the time of this post, DNotes remains in position #2 with the top position at 42545. As Alan mentioned we may not need to compete with the top position, but it could only help our case if we make it to #1.

Also, as a reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for New York's bitlicense. For New York residents, be sure to check your exchange's balance and if they are licensed. Poloniex will no longer be serving New York residents.

Yesterday met with Horus from Cryptsy in chatroom, ask support to add DNotes and fast explain how serius proyect is, he say the are starting to add coins again and problably soon have surpraise   Grin

Just not forgot voting DNotes in cryptsy for free https://www.cryptsy.com If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

Competition is an inherent part of the free market. When we made a commitment to be a player, rest assured that we are serious and committed.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:44:35 PM

Competition is an inherent part of the free market. When we made a commitment to be a player, rest assured that we are serious and committed.
Today 8/8/15 5:45 p.m. (CST)

For whatever it's worth here is DNotes in the first place. Just keep your finger crossed.

1st Place:

NOTE   DNOTES   14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ   44631 Votes   

2nd Place:

LIMX   LimeCoinX   1N58JVTQmX1UMHai8Xd9XXQeZ1gxeqevwS   43039
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:33:12 PM

I think the author did a great job on this!

DNotes Bitcoin App – Cryptocurrency Guide

DNotes has launched its new mobile application that offers educational resources and instructions related to digital currency.

Bitcoin, when first introduced, it was termed as the currency of the future. Six years down the line, the digital currency is gradually being adopted worldwide which makes us believe that the future is almost upon us. However, there are few things that are hindering extensive adoption of bitcoin throughout. Lack of education about bitcoin and other digital currencies tops that list of challenges.

Not everyone knows about digital currencies. While some people have no idea what bitcoin is, there are others who are full of misinformation which was fed to them by the mainstream media. Mainstream media nowadays so used to selective coverage that people only get to hear about the negative aspects of bitcoin or events were bitcoin and other digital currencies were misused. In order to overcome these issues, it is very important to educate everyone about digital currencies, how it works, advantages and disadvantages as well.

The best way to offer access these educational content is through mobile phones. After all, the days of feature phones is gone and everyone now uses a smartphone, which they always carry on them and use them to consume loads of information every minute. These days, we have many educational application available on Google and iOS app stores. There are specific mobile applications for learning different programming languages, similarly Coursera and other teaching platforms also create and publish different applications for different courses.

It is high time we had few really good applications that provide educational resources related to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. One such app was recently launched by DNotes. DNotes Educational Guide is currently available on Google Play store for Android mobile devices. The application is created by DNotes, which is a new decentralized cryptocurrency. Even though it has many links related to DNotes, the main essence of this application is cryptocurrency in general. The application tries to address the misconceptions related to digital currencies by offering some trivia about cryptocurrencies while comparing it with fiat currency and events related to conventional assets.

The DNotes Educational Guide also provides detailed instructions for using DNotes vault and mining.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/08/dnotes-bitcoin-app-cryptocurrency-guide/

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:25:00 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 12:57:00 AM by kanus1113

Here are some more dcebrief concepts, there is some overlap with previous ideas.

Digital currency is not anti-government, nor is it anarchist by nature. In fact, by design it is very well aligned with the principles of the United States founding fathers and I would venture to say the majority of the today's world population. "The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free-market economy and a minimum of government regulations."  - Quoted from the 28 Fundamental Principles of the Founding Fathers

Digital currency has a predetermined issuance rate that is easy to understand and 100% transparent. Unlike issuance of fiat currency, the process is often convoluted and highly manipulated, and you practically need a degree in economics to tie everything together and truly understand what is going on (smoke and shadows).

As we progress as a civilization, our economic future should be getting better, but it is getting worse. I won't say digital currency is the answer to everything, but it can level the playing field a bit.

Expanding on the idea of what digital currency is backed by from my point of view... Digital currency is backed by computational power, electricity, and time (through a predetermined issuance rate using a regulatory algorithm).
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 01:10:43 AM

I think the author did a great job on this!

DNotes Bitcoin App – Cryptocurrency Guide

DNotes has launched its new mobile application that offers educational resources and instructions related to digital currency.

Bitcoin, when first introduced, it was termed as the currency of the future. Six years down the line, the digital currency is gradually being adopted worldwide which makes us believe that the future is almost upon us. However, there are few things that are hindering extensive adoption of bitcoin throughout. Lack of education about bitcoin and other digital currencies tops that list of challenges.

Not everyone knows about digital currencies. While some people have no idea what bitcoin is, there are others who are full of misinformation which was fed to them by the mainstream media. Mainstream media nowadays so used to selective coverage that people only get to hear about the negative aspects of bitcoin or events were bitcoin and other digital currencies were misused. In order to overcome these issues, it is very important to educate everyone about digital currencies, how it works, advantages and disadvantages as well.

The best way to offer access these educational content is through mobile phones. After all, the days of feature phones is gone and everyone now uses a smartphone, which they always carry on them and use them to consume loads of information every minute. These days, we have many educational application available on Google and iOS app stores. There are specific mobile applications for learning different programming languages, similarly Coursera and other teaching platforms also create and publish different applications for different courses.

It is high time we had few really good applications that provide educational resources related to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. One such app was recently launched by DNotes. DNotes Educational Guide is currently available on Google Play store for Android mobile devices. The application is created by DNotes, which is a new decentralized cryptocurrency. Even though it has many links related to DNotes, the main essence of this application is cryptocurrency in general. The application tries to address the misconceptions related to digital currencies by offering some trivia about cryptocurrencies while comparing it with fiat currency and events related to conventional assets.

The DNotes Educational Guide also provides detailed instructions for using DNotes vault and mining.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/08/dnotes-bitcoin-app-cryptocurrency-guide/

Excellent! That is a great write up. Kudos to Gautham (the author) and everyone who contributed to the educational app.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 01:14:26 AM

Here are some more dcebrief concepts, there is some overlap with previous ideas.

Digital currency is not anti-government, nor is it anarchist by nature. In fact, by design it is very well aligned with the principles of the United States founding fathers and I would venture to say the majority of the today's world population. "The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free-market economy and a minimum of government regulations."  - Quoted from the 28 Fundamental Principles of the Founding Fathers

Digital currency has a predetermined issuance rate that is easy to understand and 100% transparent. Unlike issuance of fiat currency, the process is often convoluted and highly manipulated, and you practically need a degree in economics to tie everything together and truly understand what is going on (smoke and shadows).

As we progress as a civilization, our economic future should be getting better, but it is getting worse. I won't say digital currency is the answer to everything, but it can level the playing field a bit.

Expanding on the idea of what digital currency is backed by from my point of view... Digital currency is backed by computational power, electricity, and time (through a predetermined issuance rate using a regulatory algorithm).

Thank you kanus!

By the way, if anyone has any ideas for DCEBrief at any time, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:28:53 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 02:39:21 PM by Dyna

Cryptsy Vote Update:

DNotes is still in the 1st place with  45,200 votes.

I have just sent the following email to Paul Vernon:

Thank you all for your dedicated and strong support. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks,

Alan

To: Paul Vernon,

Hello Paul,

I trust that you are aware that the DNotes' community had expressed a strong interest to get DNotes listed on Cryptsy exchange. They have acted accordingly with great efforts, placing DNotes in the first position of your voting list at this time.

As you may know by now, DNotes is totally committed to the long term best interest of all of our stakeholders and our industry. It is more than just another digital currency. DNotes is built with trust and integrity with a strong community to help address many issues hindering our industry from mass acceptance of digital currency worldwide.

Those issues include wide gender gap, lack of trust factors and much needed education among others.  We are also the only one offering a whole family of cryptocurrency investment savings plans (CRISPs) making it convenient for every one worldwide to participate. To accomplish all that and more we have created and funded our own ecosystem.

I hope you will favorably consider listing DNotes on Cryptsy exchange soon. Please let us know promptly if there is more that we need to do as a community.

Thank you for your kind consideration and looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Alan Yong
Co-Founder
DNotes, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, DCEBrief

Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: