Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:54:26 AM

Wow! You can now pick-up DNotes for less than 2000 satoshi. If there is a good reason why the price has dropped so much I certain do not know. Free market is based on supply and demand. Along those lines, it means that more DNotes have been put up for sale than there is a demand for them.

DNotes is built as a long term investment beyond just DNotes the currency. We are committed from day one to build a trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It can only be done based on a long term commitment and a lot of hard work. Other than supporting the currency when we can, we have been making significant investment in building our own infrastructure, without asking for any donations from our communities. Many from our communities have contributed in very significant ways to our overall success and we appreciate that very much.

As much it is discouraging to see such a severe price decline, we will stay the course and continue to execute as planned. I have been focusing in writing a book specifically to help small business owners, including women small business owners. This is part of our strategic business plan to introduce DNotes to as many small business owners and their employees as possible. I am very passionate about this and have no doubt that it is the best path for DNotes to be adopted as the medium of exchange. Banking and financial services are changing. This is a massive opportunity for those with a long term view. Technology revolution does not happen overnight. It takes years and decades. There are always challenges confronting early adoption. DNotes is the most proactive in confronting those challenges by building our own ecosystem, including CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, DCEBrief, our family of CRISP and more.

We are also on track to have a for profit company incorporated sometime during the first quarter of next year. As mentioned before, DNotes will own up to 25% of the company. We are planning for our first outside funding to take place at the second half of next year. Additionally, we will officially start promoting our CRISP for Kids, Retirement, Students and Employees beginning next year.

I know that everyone must be quite concerned. It is heartbreaking after all that hard work and what we have accomplished. We do not pump or dump but it has obviously proven that the market charts its own course and short term speculators do not differentiate.

No concern here, I certainly wouldn't sell any of mine, I just see an opportunity to buy! It would only take like... 2 btc and the price would be back at 4000 satoshi. I would purchase all that if I could!

The value of the various web properties created is definitely not factored into the price of DNotes, and that shouldn't really be a surprise - DNotes has not yet pushed to become a mainstream currency, and has not yet enjoyed the hysteria and growth associated with a successful marketing push one could expect to accompany such a plan (with funding). The web-properties however, will serve an important function in advertising the benefits of DNotes over other digital payment mediums at the most opportune time. As per usual, the selling is probably just a bot that needs to be reckoned with, and there is no point in feeding it. For now, DNotes is a speculative asset, and as such, it is much better for sellers to transfer their DNotes into the hands of others who will value them longer-term.

Build the infrastructure before it is needed, not after it is announced in the media you have been given funding - while everybody is wondering who you are, and what you're going to do just because you raised $xyz.

Thanks for your support and confidence. I know that you have a big presentation coming up in a week. We know that you will represent DNotes well and are proud that you will be a speaker among some big names. It will be great if they can make a video available. Good luck.

DNotes should be fine over the longer term. We know that we are doing all the right things. I agree that at this point anyone looking at DNotes by itself, like Bitcoin and all other altcoins, it is just a speculative asset. It is precisely because of that, we decided that it must be supported with its own ecosystem in the form of a for profit company. As much as it is disappointing to see the price dropped so much for no known reasons, it is proving our point that we are on the right track. Over the long run the value of the currency must be supported by fundamental values.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:03:37 AM

‘Strategically, we are absolutely on the right track.’

What is noteworthy here is the cool-headedness of the conversation. Yup, our resolve gonna be tested!

Here’s my two cents’ worth:

the alt-to-Btc ratio has slipped under 9%. That is, everyone is crowded over by the Bitcoin-back-to-dollars doorway.

Why? Well, the Big Sideways is over. We are now forever beyond mere guy-in-mom’s-basement geekdom. Meanwhile, though, negative and distracting forces abound, so players want to be able to nip in and out of fiat.

However, when Bitcoin’s price begins to steadily – ‘organically’ – rise*, capital will flow unto the alts.

(Ian and I have seen the alt-Btc ratio at 25-75%.)

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

*[Sigh] 2016 is shaping up to be economically ugly = good for cryptos.

Mark, you are an amazing friend. We really appreciate your wisdom and support. I do have very serious concern on the state of the global economy. Hopefully, DNotes will be a significant source of protection for a lot of people before the next major financial crises.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 04:05:57 AM

Next fell from $14 million, last July to $6.1 million today. It was at $73 million in May 2014. Many other altcoins have done as badly or worse. I am fairly confident that DNotes will be testing the last low of $730,000 (January 2014) and should start recovering from that point. Until the fundamental values can be substantiated by a profitable company, reliable stability is simply not achievable. I was hopeful that investors can see the value of our ecosystem. Perhaps not. But until stability can be contained, mass acceptance of any digital currency is not achievable. We strongly believe that our long term business model is correct and promoting DNotes as a medium of exchange prematurely is not a viable idea. Strategically, we are absolutely on the right track. Those who can see the value in what we are doing will hang on to their DNotes. The rest of them may not be as patience.

I think the main factor is there is lots of competition right now. Lots of other coins, some new, which have potential. Sometimes people dump one to invest in another, though that's not usually a good long term strategy. DNotes is taking the time to establish a great infrastructure, but that means in the mean time it might temporarily be shown up by other coins which are moving faster in their development. A drop in price can be discouraging but it's important to stay focused on the long term vision and keep following the plan.

Thanks Wiser, you are certainly correct. DNotes will have to survive the test of time to truly become successful in it's vision of becoming a globally accepted supplemental digital currency. There will be bumps along the way, and exciting coins will pop up along the way, but we will remain focused. Rest assured we are in this for the long haul.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:04:49 AM

Wow! You can now pick-up DNotes for less than 2000 satoshi. If there is a good reason why the price has dropped so much I certain do not know. Free market is based on supply and demand. Along those lines, it means that more DNotes have been put up for sale than there is a demand for them.

DNotes is built as a long term investment beyond just DNotes the currency. We are committed from day one to build a trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It can only be done based on a long term commitment and a lot of hard work. Other than supporting the currency when we can, we have been making significant investment in building our own infrastructure, without asking for any donations from our communities. Many from our communities have contributed in very significant ways to our overall success and we appreciate that very much.

As much it is discouraging to see such a severe price decline, we will stay the course and continue to execute as planned. I have been focusing in writing a book specifically to help small business owners, including women small business owners. This is part of our strategic business plan to introduce DNotes to as many small business owners and their employees as possible. I am very passionate about this and have no doubt that it is the best path for DNotes to be adopted as the medium of exchange. Banking and financial services are changing. This is a massive opportunity for those with a long term view. Technology revolution does not happen overnight. It takes years and decades. There are always challenges confronting early adoption. DNotes is the most proactive in confronting those challenges by building our own ecosystem, including CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, DCEBrief, our family of CRISP and more.

We are also on track to have a for profit company incorporated sometime during the first quarter of next year. As mentioned before, DNotes will own up to 25% of the company. We are planning for our first outside funding to take place at the second half of next year. Additionally, we will officially start promoting our CRISP for Kids, Retirement, Students and Employees beginning next year.

I know that everyone must be quite concerned. It is heartbreaking after all that hard work and what we have accomplished. We do not pump or dump but it has obviously proven that the market charts its own course and short term speculators do not differentiate.

I've noticed other altcoins have also dropped in price, mainly NXT. Sometimes it seems these price swings affect a bunch of altcoins at the same time, so it has little to do with the value of the coins themselves. I wonder if people are dumping in order to get some Christmas shopping in. I'm not selling any of my DNotes. Looking forward to what the future will bring.

Next fell from $14 million, last July to $6.1 million today. It was at $73 million in May 2014. Many other altcoins have done as badly or worse. I am fairly confident that DNotes will be testing the last low of $730,000 (January 2014) and should start recovering from that point. Until the fundamental values can be substantiated by a profitable company, reliable stability is simply not achievable. I was hopeful that investors can see the value of our ecosystem. Perhaps not. But until stability can be contained, mass acceptance of any digital currency is not achievable. We strongly believe that our long term business model is correct and promoting DNotes as a medium of exchange prematurely is not a viable idea. Strategically, we are absolutely on the right track. Those who can see the value in what we are doing will hang on to their DNotes. The rest of them may not be as patience.

DNotes is at the stage in which an investor not familiar with crypto decides they want to invest in DNotes, they really don't care whether the price is 1 cent or 1.5 cents.  They want $200+ worth and are thrilled when they get 10 or 20 thousand.  Four big buys on a Friday can drive the price up 40% only to fall back down until the next round of investors discover DNotes.  We will keep seeing this until the 'steady savers' enter the picture and start using the CRISPs as the long term savings plans they were designed to be.  Steady monthly deposits by thousands of people to their CRISP will level this volatility out in a hurry.  Only DNotes has this feature.

As time progresses, it will be easier to purchase DNotes, more people will enter the cryptocurrency world, and all of DNotes' works in progress will start making it obvious why DNotes is the most undervalued cryptocurrency there is.

I think Wiser may be right on the Christmas shopping at least for some people.  This has happened before where someone decided to sell their DNotes because they needed something, with the intention of buying them back later, only to have the price go way up.  

I am very confident we are all doing things right at DNotes!!  Smiley

Thanks, Chase. It's good that our community can address an obvious concern that must be in the mind of our stakeholders. We will always be responsive and committed to doing what is in the best interest of our stakeholders. Even the best bull market has periods of correction. This is our first major correction. I am looking forward to a great 2016.
Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:19:07 PM

As much as it is disappointing to see the price dropped so much for no known reasons, it is proving our point that we are on the right track.

With all due respect sir, the reasons are clear: Supply is high and there is almost no demand.

Can we have a frank business discussion?

I know I've been vocal to the point of assholey on this topic previously, but it's only because I am enormously invested in our coin. Please consider when I say this objectively, and this is not aimed at anyone in person, that having the price fall 75% in a few months is hardly proving that we're on the right track.

NOTE's objectives as I can fathom are to be a unit of account and value storage, for which we all agree that:

1) price needs to be stable,
2) the coin needs to actually be worth something.

So far we are clearly failing on both those counts. We can dress it up like they do over at DOGE "oh, we're on sale now! better buy some more" or face facts that the current development priorities aren't aligned with the reality of how businesses in this sphere operate. I don't say these things to troll or to be a dick, I'm just a guy like you on the end of a computer somewhere in the world, who wants this project to succeed. But I genuinely think we need a strategy rethink of how we're going to get there.

Now, I fully appreciate the softly-softly, slowly-slowly approach. However, there is a real risk in crypto (and we see it ALL the time) that a coin can perform SO badly as a speculative asset, that it loses all credibility for being anything else. This is my fear. If we don't reassign or reprioritize some of our attention to the things that make a coin attractive to investors then there is an imminent and very real chance that the valuation will fall so low, along with the already meager volume, that it'll be viewed as toxic by those who would otherwise have bolstered the path to glory.

I'm saying that while we should be cautious and take our time, I believe it's also possible to move so slowly that all interest is lost. This community needs to open its eyes a little, I'm sorry to say. You're all great people, without doubt the nicest and friendliest crypto community I've come across - and that is a strong asset - but we also need to stop resting on 'flying under the radar' which has become a euphemism for 'nobody is interested'.

Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.   When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.

Why does it work? Because speculators buy the shares. The price goes up. This is good. People like this. Other people want to join too. They also buy shares. The price keeps going up. Network effect comes into play. This is NOT a pump and dump I'm describing. This is GROWTH of the market value based on speculative interest.

We must stop this irrational and damaging aversion to speculation like it was some evil. On the contrary, we should embrace the opportunity to sell slices of our business to interested parties. Speculators who are happy to invest, who make returns, who see their capital grow and not shrink, are a thousand times more valuable than these CRISP outreach and Moms projects. Our best advert is success itself. It is laudable to encourage kids and businesses and moms to get into crypto, and I know this a core tenet of the NOTE plan, but these programs' efficacy pale in comparison to how NOTE will be positioned in the market if it were only to actively seek speculative investors.

To this end, and what I've been saying all along, is that we need to make NOTE more attractive to those speculators by producing a work output that is valuable to them. Electrum wallets, as I mentioned previously, is just one aspect. Some kind of technical innovation is what cryptos thrive on. It's what makes people interested. The world needs to know what's going on. What are you working on that's infrastructure real?

To loop back and join all the dots - while I appreciate that NOTE is moving slowly so as not overhype itself, and it's objectives are aimed at robust real-world applications, we must be very careful to not crawl to a complete stop and lose what small sliver of interest we used to have by being over-cautious.

I suggest the NOTES management become very vocal, very fast, about what the concrete plans for the future are- and how they will attract everyday investors to buy coins - not external VC funding. Nobody wants to get on a train moving very slowly to somewhere undefined but full of promise. Let's get a real roadmap, a real grasp of the technical infrastructure needed to achieve the goals - real, tangible, quantifiable things that people can be excited about. Then NOTES can become healthy again.

The most important question that needs to be asked right now is "Why should anyone buy NOTE?" and we need to have an answer, a really good answer, pretty soon. The answer is not "Because it's the cryptocurrency of the future because I said so" - this is simply delusion. We can do better. Let's figure out together what that is.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:28:55 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 01:48:53 PM by TeeGee

As much as it is disappointing to see the price dropped so much for no known reasons, it is proving our point that we are on the right track.

With all due respect sir, the reasons are clear: Supply is high and there is almost no demand.

Can we have a frank business discussion?

I know I've been vocal to the point of assholey on this topic previously, but it's only because I am enormously invested in our coin. Please consider when I say this objectively, and this is not aimed at anyone in person, that having the price fall 75% in a few months is hardly proving that we're on the right track.

NOTE's objectives as I can fathom are to be a unit of account and value storage, for which we all agree that:

1) price needs to be stable,
2) the coin needs to actually be worth something.

So far we are clearly failing on both those counts. We can dress it up like they do over at DOGE "oh, we're on sale now! better buy some more" or face facts that the current development priorities aren't aligned with the reality of how businesses in this sphere operate. I don't say these things to troll or to be a dick, I'm just a guy like you on the end of a computer somewhere in the world, who wants this project to succeed. But I genuinely think we need a strategy rethink of how we're going to get there.

Now, I fully appreciate the softly-softly, slowly-slowly approach. However, there is a real risk in crypto (and we see it ALL the time) that a coin can perform SO badly as a speculative asset, that it loses all credibility for being anything else. This is my fear. If we don't reassign or reprioritize some of our attention to the things that make a coin attractive to investors then there is an imminent and very real chance that the valuation will fall so low, along with the already meager volume, that it'll be viewed as toxic by those who would otherwise have bolstered the path to glory.

I'm saying that while we should be cautious and take our time, I believe it's also possible to move so slowly that all interest is lost. This community needs to open its eyes a little, I'm sorry to say. You're all great people, without doubt the nicest and friendliest crypto community I've come across - and that is a strong asset - but we also need to stop resting on 'flying under the radar' which has become a euphemism for 'nobody is interested'.

Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.  When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.

Why does it work? Because speculators buy the shares. The price goes up. This is good. People like this. Other people want to join too. They also buy shares. The price keeps going up. Network effect comes into play. This is NOT a pump and dump I'm describing. This is GROWTH of the market value based on speculative interest.

We must stop this irrational and damaging aversion to speculation like it was some evil. On the contrary, we should embrace the opportunity to sell slices of our business to interested parties. Speculators who are happy to invest, who make returns, who see their capital grow and not shrink, are a thousand times more valuable than these CRISP outreach and Moms projects. Our best advert is success itself. It is laudable to encourage kids and businesses and moms to get into crypto, and I know this a core tenet of the NOTE plan, but these programs' efficacy pale in comparison to how NOTE will be positioned in the market if it were only to actively seek speculative investors.

To this end, and what I've been saying all along, is that we need to make NOTE more attractive to those speculators by producing a work output that is valuable to them. Electrum wallets, as I mentioned previously, is just one aspect. Some kind of technical innovation is what cryptos thrive on. It's what makes people interested. The world needs to know what's going on. What are you working on that's infrastructure real?

To loop back and join all the dots - while I appreciate that NOTE is moving slowly so as not overhype itself, and it's objectives are aimed at robust real-world applications, we must be very careful to not crawl to a complete stop and lose what small sliver of interest we used to have by being over-cautious.

I suggest the NOTES management become very vocal, very fast, about what the concrete plans for the future are- and how they will attract everyday investors to buy coins - not external VC funding. Nobody wants to get on a train moving very slowly to somewhere undefined but full of promise. Let's get a real roadmap, a real grasp of the technical infrastructure needed to achieve the goals - real, tangible, quantifiable things that people can be excited about. Then NOTES can become healthy again.

The most important question that needs to be asked right now is "Why should anyone buy NOTE?" and we need to have an answer, a really good answer, pretty soon. The answer is not "Because it's the cryptocurrency of the future because I said so" - this is simply delusion. We can do better. Let's figure out together what that is.

This is an interesting paradigm differential mochilles, and I appreciate your sentiment. I'll quickly type a few words before returning to work on another project.

I think DNotes strategy places value on the useful functions of money that the 'mainstream', as opposed to the 'crypto-geek' community that typifies the digital currency scene today. I believe this is why DNotes has spent resources to build CRISP plans and encourage female participation in the industry - because mass adoption will require those things, and when those users look for those services in the future, they will see that DNotes is the incumbent industry leader for investment plans of that type (i.e building for the future need of the future crypto user). By contrast, I think in the near term that you believe it is better to pander to the often flaky interests of crypto-geeks and speculators, who will have little effect on the long-term crypto scene. That said, I do not think DNotes is ignoring the current crypto userbase. I do however, agree that we need to market ourselves to bring in more investment from everyday people into the coin - and that task seems quite difficult before any tangible chance of being an accepted medium of exchange becomes obvious. It is important to have a gradual growth too, rather than a series of 'leaps' and corrections after everybody gets excited in the first funding round.

I can't really think of any particular crypto that have kept stability full stop, nor any that have maintained their peaks (though there could be one?), this includes all of those that had 'technical innovations'. I think innovation is always important, but perhaps not necessarily technical ones, but increasing offerings to customers. Currently CRISP plans do not add value to DNotes at the exchange, but it does however add value to its future plans for mass acceptance - users of money will find it useful. At this stage, crypto is not used, and barely accepted as 'money', and the absolutely tiny crypto community that are mostly tech geeks aren't yet interested in said plans. I think we are very focussed on the future, but perhaps you can help us with some ideas that could help drive short-term demand also?

Do you have any particular ideas - beyond 'technical innovation', or an example? I think the electrum wallet thing is a great idea, but I'm not sure it would make much of a price differential at the exchange.

I don't think the team believe that speculation is a bad idea; harnessing investment from the belief of future profits is an important tool. I just don't think any technical coins have really proven to be either - they tend to be short term pumps, however, the exposure could be very helpful long term?

What are other peoples thoughts?

Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:50:51 PM

I accept your perspective, TeeGee. I think we could look at a middle ground between appealing to the shiny magpies of speculation (as you say, we shouldn't be totally ignorant to it out of principle) and the longer term positioning of DNOTES as actual money. There should be elements of both because we're operating on numerous timescales. There is the short-term speculative cycle and the longer term operational objectives, but we should be mindful to appease both because they're both important as we move forwards. I think of it like building a skyscraper. The architectural vision and engineering can be painstakingly slow to reach a world-class conclusion, but let us not forget the army of sales people who must find tenants for the 100 floors of glittering steel and glass! Just because we build it, doesn't mean they'll come. That's a dangerous supposition.

Right now I see NOTE as a lofty idealist architectural firm. The vision is good, if as-yet not well-defined in terms of specifics. We need some boots on the ground in the sales and marketing department too. That's real.

I think the best thing we can do is to define our value proposition. Find out who we are, what we're doing and why. Decide on a couple of objectives, but more importantly figure out exactly how we intend to get there and more importantly, why anyone else should follow us - giving the answer in as tangible, way as possible. Up to now it's been really vague and high-level. I think it's time to get specific and detail-oriented.

I'll write up my technical thoughts later Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:25:31 PM

Right now I see NOTE as a lofty idealist architectural firm. The vision is good, if as-yet not well-defined in terms of specifics. We need some boots on the ground in the sales and marketing department too. That's real.

That is something we are working on. I recently made a CRISP video (and will be making more about DNotes and crypto in general)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsXO8ttmSxw

Also, I have a seminar coming up this weekend in New Zealand for a "Students for Liberty" conference. I am one of three invited 'non-student' speakers (I'm known among liberty circles in NZ - 'tis a small country of 4.5 million people), I am going as a representative of DNotes, and not as a board member of 'Anarkiwi' - a freedom focussed community I began 18 months ago that promotes philosophy and the benefits of a stateless society (the capacity by which I was invited). The topic is "How to make NZ more prosperous". My talk will be about the "blockchain future" and how favourable regulations to cryptocurrencies will bring capital inflows to NZ, and discuss the blockchains applications in regards to efficiency, resource allocation, regulations, professionals... etc. I will spend a significant amount of time in the presentation discussing DNotes and how a globally accepted digital currency would benefit both the world, and New Zealand. The other two non-student speakers are much more distinguished than myself, both having been leaders of the NZ 'libertarian party' - one of them was the Reserve Bank Governor Chairman for 14 years (Fed Chairman equivalent), and the other an award winning journalist who is also a Philosophy lecturer from Cambridge university. I had brunch with the RBNZ Chairman during an election campaign 4 or 5 years ago, and I look forward to meeting the philosopher in person. I think it is a good opportunity to get DNotes brand out there, we are engaging and marketing, and some of the people present will be well connected. DNotes as a team also rely on value growth to fund further projects, so we are definitely with you on the 'enormously invested' part you mentioned.

Here is me:

Don Brash - Former World Bank Economist and Reserve Bank of New Zealand Governor

Jamie Whyte - Who has a very interesting mind.

It is a start, and there is much more to come. I have requested the talks be filmed, and the organisers agreed. I have 6 more days to prepare it Smiley.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:52:51 PM

Very well expressed and objective view point, mochillies. I appreciate that you took time to communicate your opinion, which, I have no doubt is shared by many others and most likely explained why there has been a sudden drop in the demand for DNotes.

“Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.   When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.”

I agree with you that speculation is not a dirty work. Loosely used, we all are speculators and all business owners and investors are speculators. We are not against speculators or have made any attempts to discourage them from investing in DNotes. This is a free market. People buy and sell at will. However, I can say this definitively:

•   We do not support pump and dump, but not all speculators are part of P&D

•   By strategic choice DNotes is positioned as a long term investment and as such not likely to be a favorite of short term investors

•   DNotes is not dependent on the industry as its only market target. It has been positioning itself to reach out to the global market, as reflected in the creation of CryptoMoms, Family of CRISPs, DNotesVault and DCEBrief. Achieving marketing penetration beyond our industry, is a very long process with little near term payoff but the correct path to gain mass acceptance over the long haul. This will not happen overnight. A 5 to 10 year period reasonable for any long term investment.

•   We believe that the true value of DNotes can only be realized if it can meet the full functions of money (unit of account, store of value, and medium of exchange) not a single digital currency including DNotes and Bitcoin has succeeded so far. Consequently, I have to add that the bankers, including Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan Chase, has good reasons not to consider our industry as a threat. We will not be until there is a digital currency that can meet or exceed the full functions of money. That is DNotes’ strategic goal but it will take years to accomplish our mission, hence a long road ahead.

•   Technology evolves quickly. Many great “innovations” in our industry that have driven the price of many altcoins to the “moon” are now ice-cold rocks on earth. Investing heavily in technologies before there are sufficient users’ demands is not the best use of limited resources. Many great ideas or projects failed because they invested heavily in technology and other infrastructure before there is sufficient need for what they have to offer. Investing heavily in payment network and mobile applications at this time or promoting DNotes as a medium of exchange is a loosing proposition. Many have tried and they all have failed.

Mochillies, I appreciate the time you spent to express your opinion, but I respectfully disagree that we have to change course in response to the DNotes price decline. I understand the concern and it is disappointing to me as well. That is the nature of speculative investing in a free market environment.

If you believe that there are things that you can do to help improve DNotes stakeholders’ value I am sure you will get the support of our community and it will be very much appreciated. We are all stakeholders with a mutual interest to see that DNotes be successful. It is very natural that there are differences of opinion on the best way of getting there. Perhaps if more people could pitch in to help, it may make a difference.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:54:25 PM

That is something we are working on. I recently made a CRISP video (and will be making more about DNotes and crypto in general)

Also, I have a seminar coming up this weekend in New Zealand for a "Students for Liberty" conference. I am one of three invited 'non-student' speakers (I'm known among liberty circles in NZ - 'tis a small country of 4.5 million people), I am going as a representative of DNotes, and not as a board member of 'Anarkiwi' - a freedom focussed community I began 18 months ago that promotes philosophy and the benefits of a stateless society (the capacity by which I was invited). The topic is "How to make NZ more prosperous". My talk will be about the "blockchain future" and how favourable regulations to cryptocurrencies will bring capital inflows to NZ, and discuss the blockchains applications in regards to efficiency, resource allocation, regulations, professionals... etc. I will spend a significant amount of time in the presentation discussing DNotes and how a globally accepted digital currency would benefit both the world, and New Zealand. The other two non-student speakers are much more distinguished than myself, both having been leaders of the NZ 'libertarian party' - one of them was the Reserve Bank Governor Chairman for 14 years (Fed Chairman equivalent), and the other an award winning journalist who is also a Philosophy lecturer from Cambridge university. I had brunch with the RBNZ Chairman during an election campaign 4 or 5 years ago, and I look forward to meeting the philosopher in person. I think it is a good opportunity to get DNotes brand out there, we are engaging and marketing, and some of the people present will be well connected. DNotes as a team also rely on value growth to fund further projects, so we are definitely with you on the 'enormously invested' part you mentioned.

Here is me:

Don Brash - Former World Bank Economist and Reserve Bank of New Zealand Governor

It is a start, and there is much more to come. I have requested the talks be filmed, and the organisers agreed. I have 6 more days to prepare it Smiley.

Impressive, Tim. Very proud of you.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 04:13:13 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 11-29-2015

Swift Report Offers Crypto Recommendations for EU.
BIS Warns That Cryptocurrency Threatens Central Bank Power.
Quantum Physics Could Provide Greater Security for Cryptocurrency.
Jenkins Says FinTech Disruption of Banking Will be Significant.
GameCredits Launching Wallet and GrandPrix Game.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-11-29-2015/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 04:53:08 PM

Here is me:

That's excellent TeeGee! Can't wait to see it.

We need some boots on the ground in the sales and marketing department too.

On top of what you can see in our marketing efforts that you may or may not have noticed, there is a massive effort that happens in the background as well. For instance, you may not have heard how often Alan is attending meetings, or the time he spends growing and interacting his network, or realize the importance of the book he is writing in terms of marketing and networking, or the huge effort from Chase reaching out to organizations for CRISP and CryptoMoms, or TeeGee spending time to reach out to students and universities, or the deals we have worked out to advertise our programs, or Chris who will be representing us and a speaker at a UK digital currency event, or the articles we have written to help promote some our programs. That doesn't cover everything of course, but my point is, there is a lot happening that may not be 100% apparent. That said we need all the help we can get, this is a massive project with many hurdles to overcome and lot's to do.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 04:59:13 PM

Very well expressed and objective view point, mochillies. I appreciate that you took time to communicate your opinion, which, I have no doubt is shared by many others and most likely explained why there has been a sudden drop in the demand for DNotes.

“Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.   When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.”

I agree with you that speculation is not a dirty work. Loosely used, we all are speculators and all business owners and investors are speculators. We are not against speculators or have made any attempts to discourage them from investing in DNotes. This is a free market. People buy and sell at will. However, I can say this definitively:

•   By strategic choice DNotes is positioned as a long term investment and as such not likely to be a favorite of short term investors

•   DNotes is not dependent on the industry as its only market target. It has been positioning itself to reach out to the global market, as reflected in the creation of CryptoMoms, Family of CRISPs, DNotesVault and DCEBrief. Achieving marketing penetration beyond our industry, is a very long process with little near term payoff but the correct path to gain mass acceptance over the long haul. This will not happen overnight. A 5 to 10 year period reasonable for any long term investment.

•   We believe that the true value of DNotes can only be realized if it can meet the full functions of money (unit of account, store of value, and medium of exchange) not a single digital currency including DNotes and Bitcoin has succeeded so far. Consequently, I have to add that the bankers, including Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan Chase, has good reasons not to consider our industry as a threat. We will not be until there is a digital currency that can meet or exceed the full functions of money. That is DNotes’ strategic goal but it will take years to accomplish our mission, hence a long road ahead.

•   Technology evolves quickly. Many great “innovations” in our industry that have driven the price of many altcoins to the “moon” are now ice-cold rocks on earth. Investing heavily in technologies before there are sufficient users’ demands is not the best use of limited resources. Many great ideas or projects failed because they invested heavily in technology and other infrastructure before there is sufficient need for what they have to offer. Investing heavily in payment network and mobile applications at this time or promoting DNotes as a medium of exchange is a loosing proposition. Many have tried and they all have failed.

Mochillies, I appreciate the time you spent to express your opinion, but I respectfully disagree that we have to change course in response to the DNotes price decline. I understand the concern and it is disappointing to me as well. That is the nature of speculative investing in a free market environment.

If you believe that there are things that you can do to help improve DNotes stakeholders’ value I am sure you will get the support of our community and it will be very much appreciated. We are all stakeholders with a mutual interest to see that DNotes be successful. It is very natural that there are differences of opinion on the best way of getting there. Perhaps if more people could pitch in to help, it may make a difference.

To add to what Alan is saying. I hope others didn't get the same feel when we talk about P&D, as that was not our intention. Personally I believe speculation is a good thing and a pathway to adoption for DNotes and digital currency in general. We do promote programs around long term investing of DNotes. However, I do believe P&D can be very damaging, among many of the poor practices and manipulation we see that prey on the masses.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 05:00:34 PM

“Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.   When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.”

Ok, lets look at price. DNotes is currently number 174 out of 672 AltCoins in price alone. But, we number 38 out of 672 in Market Capitalization. Sorry, I don't see a problem here. As with all things in nature and human kind, slow and steady is the way to lasting success. At the present time, it is less important that each DNote has a high value, then it is that people know about DNotes, wither they use, or hold them, or not.

As a relatively new coin, DNotes has done quite well in it's short lifetime. As the coin matures along with it's ecosystem, the value will start to rise, slowly. And that is the key. Almost all altcoins that have achieved a high monetary value in a short time have either failed completely or are almost worthless now. There are some exceptions but, they mostly serve niche markets, some of which DNotes would not want to be connected to.

Our marketing will spread the word in a realistic and sustainable manor. There is no long term value to being a "flash in the pan". Consider this analogy; the Pyramids in Egypt still stand, they took a lifetime to build. Your typical house built today in a month will be gone a hundred years from now. Slow and steady with solid foundations will endure the test of time, and with time comes value.

On a different subject but, not far removed, here's one of the best articles on crypto detractors and supporters I have ever read:

http://bit.ly/1NgEGLL  

In some ways it speaks to Notes as well as Bitcoin.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:23:59 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 06:11:37 PM by Dyna

Quote From DNotes:

On top of what you can see in our marketing efforts that you may or may not have noticed, there is a massive effort that happens in the background as well. For instance, you may not have heard how often Alan is attending meetings, or the time he spends growing and interacting his network, or realize the importance of the book he is writing in terms of marketing and networking, or the huge effort from Chase reaching out to organizations for CRISP and CryptoMoms, or TeeGee spending time to reach out to students and universities, or the deals we have worked out to advertise our programs, or Chris who will be representing us and a speaker at a UK digital currency event, or the articles we have written to help promote some our programs. That doesn't cover everything of course, but my point is, there is a lot happening that may not be 100% apparent. That said we need all the help we can get, this is a massive project with many hurdles to overcome and lot's to do.

Quote From Dyna:

Thanks, Joe. I just want to add that there are many more supporters form our community who have been working behind the scene that deserve great credits without being specifically named. I wouldn't be able to name them all even if I try. However, the massive amount of work Brandon (CryptoBrooker79) has quietly invested in support of different projects is one I must add. Though we have offered some support, Brandon has independently developed DNotes Educational Guide, Veterans For Digital Currency and Firemen For Digital Currency. Those are significant undertakings, but all part of our strategic plans going forward.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:10:59 PM

“Speculation is NOT a dirty word. I feel this community sees speculators as pump and dump vultures. We need to expunge this toxic idea from our consciousness. Speculators are not the enemy, they are the lifeblood of a project like this.   When Google and Facebook and Amazon IPO their companies on the market, they're offering shares to SPECULATORS to catapult their business potential into the stratosphere. The best thing a company can do to grow is to attract speculators on purpose by offering them shares, or in our case coins.”

Ok, lets look at price. DNotes is currently number 174 out of 672 AltCoins in price alone. But, we number 38 out of 672 in Market Capitalization. Sorry, I don't see a problem here. As with all things in nature and human kind, slow and steady is the way to lasting success. At the present time, it is less important that each DNote has a high value, then it is that people know about DNotes, wither they use, or hold them, or not.

As a relatively new coin, DNotes has done quite well in it's short lifetime. As the coin matures along with it's ecosystem, the value will start to rise, slowly. And that is the key. Almost all altcoins that have achieved a high monetary value in a short time have either failed completely or are almost worthless now. There are some exceptions but, they mostly serve niche markets, some of which DNotes would not want to be connected to.

Our marketing will spread the word in a realistic and sustainable manor. There is no long term value to being a "flash in the pan". Consider this analogy; the Pyramids in Egypt still stand, they took a lifetime to build. Your typical house built today in a month will be gone a hundred years from now. Slow and steady with solid foundations will endure the test of time, and with time comes value.

On a different subject but, not far removed, here's one of the best articles on crypto detractors and supporters I have ever read:

Thanks, RJF. That is indeed one of the best articles ever published in our industry. Bitcoin as a digital currency is a proven technology. It works perfectly and no one has won a fight challenging that. So that battle has indeed been won. Those who dismissed that are either misinformed or do not know what they are talking about.

Using just the Blockchain to facilitate the movement of decentralized fiat currency does not turn fiat currency into decentralized digital currency like DNotes. We are under no illusion that DNotes will replace fiat or national currency but we firmly believe that DNotes can be positioned to supplement fiat or national currencies on a global basis one day. We also believe that it is a worthy mission and a great deed for humanities. A digital currency that makes ownership available, with the same valuable for anyone worldwide, is by far a better choice, than a fiat currency at the mercy of a single nation subject to corruptions and political turmoil.

We also know that to make that possible, it takes an unrelenting strategic plan that takes years to execute.  
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:41:12 PM

There aren't many coins that have held their ground for this long. Many of the coins that have survived were the ones I would call the originals, not mineable/insignificant rate of release, or highly specialized in a specific niche. If I were to categorize coins DNotes falls into the same category as Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Doge. What I would like to see is rate of release of coins versus price stability compared for different coins. I'd be willing to bet DNotes would be in the top 10, that would demonstrate DNotes strength in terms of price. However, I don't feel the price as this very moment is a major factor in the growth of DNotes.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

There aren't many coins that have held their ground for this long. Many of the coins that have survived were the ones I would call the originals, not mineable/insignificant rate of release, or highly specialized in a specific niche. If I were to categorize coins DNotes falls into the same category as Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Doge. What I would like to see is rate of release of coins versus price stability compared for different coins. I'd be willing to bet DNotes would be in the top 10, that would demonstrate DNotes strength in terms of price. However, I don't feel the price as this very moment is a major factor in the growth of DNotes.

I agree, in fact a lower price may allow DNotes to fly under the radar and carefully observe the state of the entire industry, waiting for the perfect opportunity to make a move. A good majority of Bitcoin based businesses have come and gone, the fewer of these fly by night operations DNotes is associated with the better. By biding time, DNotes can pick and choose which businesses to team up with, rather than taking anything that's thrown our way.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 12:33:23 AM

That was a great read RJF.

John Biggs is a New York-based writer. After spending years as a programmer, Biggs decided to become a full-time journalist. His work has appeared in publications such as the New York Times, Gizmodo and Men's Health. Biggs is currently an editor for TechCrunch. In this piece he details why he thinks bitcoin will eventually succeed.

A week ago I was in Belgrade watching a panel on "blockchain."

The makeup of the panel was typical: a young, plugged-in VC, an older banker guy and a crypto-anarchistic dude in a T-shirt. It was like watching a movie called "Bitcoin is Good And Bad" for the 50th time. I knew what was happening but I couldn't look away.

The panel started normally - VC guy said he liked the blockchain specifically but was iffy about those bitcoins, the older gentleman said bitcoin was bad, but then the anarchist dude was quiet. He let the banker talk. The banker said that bitcoin was untraceable. It was a fad. The crypto guy let him talk. bitcoin was a tulip bulb, said the old dude. It would never work, he clamored.

And the anarchist stayed quiet. Then the old dude was done.

The anarchist calmly explained what the future of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies held. He made cogent points that he had practiced many times. While the banker chortled at his own jokes, the VC talked about the blockchain and the audience grunted.

The anarchist won the discussion through reasoned argument.

'Bitcoin in a suit'

This is the face of bitcoin discourse in late 2015. It's a calm discussion where the craziest people in the room are the ones who are against bitcoin. We've won.

I asked the anarchist, Aaron Koenig, what he was thinking on stage. He said:

"I've been through this many times."

He was used to that line of questioning. He knew how to handle it and how to ignore it. In fact, it's the folks who don't understand cryptocurrency and the folks who don't understand bitcoin that seem the craziest these days. It's a fascinating flip.

We're basically seeing the dawn of bitcoin in a suit.

Just as Red Hat turned Linux into something an IT department could use to replace Microsoft, the new bitcoin users are turning crypto into something that a person can use to replace a bank.

The accretions of a dozen decades of banking tradition have convinced those inside the big institutions that their way is right and will be right forever. Those outside, the scrabbling sea monsters trying to figure out a new way to walk on land, know that isn't true.

There's an old quote I love, written by Wilhelm Stekel but made famous by Holden Caulfield in Catcher In The Rye.

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause," Stekel said. "While the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

The true bitcoin believer needs to take this to heart. We've already won. We've moved past the era of raving lunatics howling in the wilderness about digital gold and the end of governments.

We're in a position to make real, meaningful change in the world and to do that we need to listen more than we speak.

Malaise among investors

In my time as a bitcoin entrepreneur, I've seen a certain deep malaise rising in the investor class.

They've met too many wide-eyed Jeremiahs fresh from the desert with a plan to put our DNA on the blockchain.

They've seen investments crash quicker than HSBC after another scandal. They've been burned by guys who write banking code in PHP and host it on public servers. Now they're doing technical diligence and they're offering objections to every claim.

But there's one thing to remember in every investment scenario: objections are a buying signal. Say what you want about short-sighted folks stuck in the past: investors know that something is brewing.

In 1995, you'd have been hard-pressed to convince anyone that email was anything cooler than a way for scientists to tell each other where to point a giant telescope in Peru.

Then came Hotmail and the utility of email became obvious. The same happens with any previously complex technology: the objections die when the technology becomes part of the white noise of commerce, communication or reproduction.

Embedded in banks

So let them howl. Let hem hoot. Let them say you're doing something wrong. None of their objections are real.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:41:13 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 08:51:35 AM by IMZ

" . . . A good majority of Bitcoin based businesses have come and gone, the fewer of these fly by night operations DNotes is associated with the better. By biding time, DNotes can pick and choose which businesses to team up with . . . "

Ahh! IndiaMikeZulu, those goofy P2P guys! In-community merchant-network development, as the first block in the wall, has been our call for . . . ummm . . . 30 months.* Every Dnotes person who has a business, every Dnotes person who can get hold of some wholesale digital goods, every Dnotes person (in a particular nation) who wants to tackle selling 10-oz silver bars for Dnotes, can sell those goods and products in-community.

Do it!

*Although we only actually managed proof of concept, Ian and I were running 'Yacoin Australia' in 2013. We offered Yacoin (in 'packets') for $AU -- making Yacoin at that time only the third crypto to ever be sold for two different fiat currencies -- and bars of silver for Yacoin.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: