Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
mamaie

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:36:22 AM

we need more people in Dnotes comunity...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:52:20 PM

What other types of bounties would everyone like to see?

Tofer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

we need more people in Dnotes comunity...
I've noticed that most miners are fickle.  So when it comes down to it, as long as the crypto community grows so will we.  As most people say there is nothing new with the coin, which I think is wrong because a fair and mostly smooth launch is pretty rare and really a new concept.  It has all of the latest features an alt coin can have at this time.  I do not get why people need bells and whistles in order to get into a coin.  This is investment, this is business, this is money. The fact that coins like doge do well bode well though. Even though it is a joke it has value.  The crypto community is still small and childish right now.  Just wait till the real big boys come to play.  "Whales" throwing around, oohooh, 100's of thousands... ohhh millions of dollars.  What a joke, in a trillion pretty close to quadrillion dollar world economy.  We are just a bunch of early investors who are itching for the profits like november.  The only problem is it wont happen as fast as before because when the real players get in and crypto becomes more established, level heads and steady hands will be at the table.  Most likely the days of 50% price swings both ways in a day will be over then. 
Also a good way to grow the community would be to instill confidence.  Don't ask why we don't have more adopters, or say we need them.  Of course we do though but really, what we need is an active community.  10 loud voices are better than 100 silent ones.  Let's have fun and make this coin better while doing it, people will want to join without us asking.  Faith is always good too, but not blind faith. Have an optimistic outlook but also acknowledge the many opportunities for failure and act!

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
Tofer

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

What other types of bounties would everyone like to see?

Maybe some real world advertising.  Like swag and stuff of that sort.  Not selling it but for the DIYers out there, making a shirt or bumper sticker, hats.  It would be funny/cool to see the sign at a televised sporting event like the college guy with bitcoin.  Get people outside the crypto community to see that there are REAL people behind alts and DNotes more specifically. That we are more than a bunch of shady drug dealers.  Because lets face it the average person believes without question everything they hear from the MSM and that is their tune.  People need to see the good peoples faces not the unhealthy smirking face of fraudulent "exchange" owners that screwed A LOT of people.  Speaking of news lets try and have some fun with a live broadcast if possible like the same idea as the sporting event but maybe the local news or even better national news.
One point people should remember to make when talking with people about crypto is that the major thefts and problems with them come when exchanges and online "banks" are used.  Security is as much as you are willing to implement when it comes to YOUR money. One thing you don't get from a bank.(your money is safe from theft or failure to a certain extent ie FDIC, but is it safe from confiscation as we have been learning lately?) Another is the freedom and lack of fees needed to transfer p2p across the world.  And always remember when people inevitably refute anything you say with "well they are just numbers, 1s and 0s, they have no value and are imaginary."   
Say to them "1) You obviously don't understand the complexities of computing language because 1s and 0s are like hieroglyphics compared to the languages of today. 
                   2) The wealthiest of "banks" you will find are also heavily leveraged and in most cases insolvent so in reality all the "money" IS just computer code and it all can and most likely will evaporate soon.
                   3) Cryptocurrencies' value is derived from it being a free flowing, decentralized, and secure form of trading goods and services."
Be sure to really hit point 3 and emphasize and explain that currency be it fiat or crypto is valued because it is accepted for goods and services.  Dnotes will do absolutely nothing for anyone, but people will do things for Dnotes. The same goes for dollars, bitcoin, euros, pounds, yuans etc. But unlike fiat you really cant counterfeit crypto and if you did it would be found out by the block ledger. 
I was thinking of real world giveaways too like if you are talking to someone about crypto and they haven't tried it out yet, you could give them your email and the link to the Dnotes website on a card.  They could then get the wallet from the website and email you their address and you could send them the coins. 

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
nikpatel26

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:48:53 PM

Is the DNotes tipbot withdrawal function not working on the subreddit? It keeps saying 'verify syntax' no matter how I try to withdraw
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

Is the DNotes tipbot withdrawal function not working on the subreddit? It keeps saying 'verify syntax' no matter how I try to withdraw

Taking a look into it.

princecash

Activity: 154

Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:07:30 PM

Nobody want to see a day old baby running, all good things takes time to mature, lets give dnotes some time a week or 2, the popularity and value will increase when traded on more than 1 exchange. In the mean time i am keeping my precious dnotes jealously.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 07:24:12 PM

Nobody want to see a day old baby running, all good things takes time to mature, lets give dnotes some time a week or 2, the popularity and value will increase when traded on more than 1 exchange. In the mean time i am keeping my precious dnotes jealously.

LazyCoins will be launched in a matter of minutes/hours and DNotes will be traded there. I expect them to become on of the largest alt exchanges. I think it's more than enough for coin, which is so young.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:02:16 PM

The OSX wallet is updated again. Download links in OP and on the website. Not 100% sure it will work on the 10.6 versions and earlier, but the newer versions should all be fine.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:06:05 PM

Confirmed the Reddit tip bot is not withdrawing properly. For now, we will use direct transfer until it is resolved. Send us a PM and we can do manual withdrawals.

princecash

Activity: 154

Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:13:41 PM

I will really like to see dnotes traded on lazycoin.com and with a better price quotes

nikpatel26

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:25:06 AM

DNOTES WON THE CRYPTORUSH VOTE
ReturnZero

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:29:30 AM

The OSX wallet is updated again. Download links in OP and on the website. Not 100% sure it will work on the 10.6 versions and earlier, but the newer versions should all be fine.

Working now, thanks!
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:33:36 AM

Guys exchange your NOTE @ https://www.allcoin.com/trade/note_btc

Congratulations on NOTES being added to Allcoin exchange that is a nice introduction to the alt markets. I prefer to see D-NOTES slowly and steadily arise as opposed to quick and massive pump and dump. It's a very new coin give it time to unfold. Smiley
rhui

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:24:18 AM

Really hope dnote would be on mintpal...Gave dozens of vote on it. Wink

I AM A DNOTES FAN THE COIN ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:55:59 AM

So, I am constantly refreshing this thread, and oft-times met with no new post.

Let's make this more lively.

DNotes is a cryptocurrency for the future. So then, what exactly is in store for the future? And how can cryptos, generally, and DNotes specifically, help facilitate life in the future as you see it?

There's no wrong ideas when your brainstorming.

The future, to me, is going to be one of technological pervasiveness. It's going to be everywhere. And by everywhere, I mean a totally different kind of everywhere. An everywhere that can be described by what I call a Triple Convergence (sort of an updated version of the Triple Convergence detailed Friedman's "The World is Flat"). We have the Semantic Web, The Web of Things, and Artificial Intelligence. This internet which has so vastly improved the lives of the entire planet is going to become massively larger. Every nook and cranny is going to be armed with simple intelligence, and will gather data. Like a trillion tiny sensors lining roads that communicate and direct your self driving cars. Refrigerators, microwaves, toys, smoke alarms, all with IP address. And then with the Semantic Web, we are going to take all of that data and connect it more deeply. So, this massive network is going to become streets more massive, far more connected...and increasingly large portions of the new network will be run by AI that ever more closely approximates the reasoning capabilities of human intelligence.

Technology will be then be pervasive. I'm talking pervasive in a way that makes technology today look like child's play.

For me, cryptos represent a way to maintain control amidst all of this pervasiveness. Don't get me wrong, our collective quality of life will improve immeasurably and in untold awesome ways. But all that progress will have a cost. And I think altcoins represent a significant piece of insurance against technological progress stifling our humanity. I don't want to be controlled, and I don't want financial companies, among others, to have the kind of power over me that they do now. For example, Visa is larger than Disney. Mastercard is larger than Boeing and McDonald's.

They are that big because of the centralized power of current wealth transfer paradigms. Decentralized, superrrrr-secure paradigms with broad support, like DNotes, are perfect cogs to be a part of running the "anti-machine."

MinningHabit  is right.  We need to make this space more lively. However, I must confess that I don’t spend much time posting. I do check back quite often and feel increasing more convinced that DNotes has a good chance in taking a leadership position in the digital currency world. Many of you have articulated the DNotes difference, compared the other crypto currencies, very well. It is absolutely, essential to build a strong community. However, that is only one of many components required to be truly successful over the long haul. Among others, sustainable funding to support the community, branding, marketing, technology enhancement are of great importance.  As reflected in multiple postings, the DNotes team understands the challenges and had this to say in their last posting: “Unlike many other crypto currencies you may be familiar with, our investment in marketing and development will continue indefinitely.”  It is not likely, that the DNotes team will show their hand, so to speak, by disclosing their business plan. However, one can learn a lot by carefully observing how the team has skillfully executed its plan systematically at the appropriate time. This could take DNotes very far with plenty of opportunities for DNotes supporters with the right skill sets to participate.
OnTheMF

Activity: 168

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

Wow. Gg guys. Within a few minutes my buy walls were gone and we're at a lower price than allcoins. Seriously people, do u even crypto?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:20:12 AM

Wow. Gg guys. Within a few minutes my buy walls were gone and we're at a lower price than allcoins. Seriously people, do u even crypto?

Wow is right. They could have got double that on allcoin, I think someone f'ed up.
kanus1113

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:21:27 AM

Or trying to drive the price down for some reason.
kanus1113

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:23:20 AM

Lol as the price goes up on allcoin. Crazy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: