Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

Did you get any info on Mintpal and whether or not they are going to delist us?  If the do, or maybe even if they don't might I suggest a similar voting campagn to get us onto crypsty?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:24:19 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 09:38:58 PM by Dyna

Did you get any info on Mintpal and whether or not they are going to delist us?  If the do, or maybe even if they don't might I suggest a similar voting campagn to get us onto crypsty?

I have written to Moolah support and my email has been promptly forwarded to their management. However, I have yet to receive an official response.

At this point, the DNotes team does not feel that it is necessary to put our community through all that hard work again.

Availability of DNotes in additional exchanges does give DNotes added exposure and convenience but not a factor of much significance to DNotes' success.

Our ultimate success is built upon our ability to consistently deliver a trustworthy form of digital money that is easy to understand and easy to use, by developing applications with features that are practical with high utility value. Our unrelenting commitment is to build solid fundamental asset values to support DNotes as the best “Store of Value” and “medium of exchange” for ours and future generations.

In the free world, it is all about options and choices. Given the time and knowledge, by far the majority of the people will make the choice by picking the best option. Our core mission is to be the best in class. Mainstream adoption of digital currency will not happen by chance or by force. If it happens it is because there is a digital currency that is as good or better than money (fiat currency) as a medium of exchange and store of value. That is how the chicken and the egg happened; coming about all at the same time. That is truly the mainstream mass adoption of digital currency by consumers and merchants. That is the power of network effect at its best.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:42:37 AM

From Twitter:

Moolah
‏@moolah_io
"... we will not just be killing any coin off. Any non-listed coins will have a chance to prove themselves on V2 before delisting..."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:17:28 AM

From Twitter:

Moolah
‏@moolah_io
"... we will not just be killing any coin off. Any non-listed coins will have a chance to prove themselves on V2 before delisting..."

Hey Chase, thanks for posting that. I checked on twitter, there was a bit more in the other tweets that was split up.

"Due to extremely strong community demand - we are now reviewing #groestlcoin - but first, we want to make something clear... /1"
"... we will not just be killing any coin off. Any non-listed coins will have a chance to prove themselves on V2 before delisting... /2"
"... though the only exception is where a coin is shown to be involved with some sort of scam, etc. /3"

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:56:48 AM

From Twitter:

Moolah
‏@moolah_io

Hey Chase, thanks for posting that. I checked on twitter, there was a bit more in the other tweets that was split up.

"Due to extremely strong community demand - we are now reviewing #groestlcoin - but first, we want to make something clear... /1"
"... we will not just be killing any coin off. Any non-listed coins will have a chance to prove themselves on V2 before delisting... /2"
"... though the only exception is where a coin is shown to be involved with some sort of scam, etc. /3"

In consideration of the fact that our community has worked very hard for months to capture one of the last two winning slots, it is important for our community to know that I have made my case but have yet to receive an official response. I personally have a problem that  "Any non-listed coins will have a chance to prove themselves on V2 before delisting ..."

Here is what I can share with you at this point:

"Hi alan

Thanks for the email, I will pass this on for the attention of the management team! For the purposes of our support desk I will mark the ticket as closed.

Thanks Smiley

Seb Ferraro (Agent)  
https://moolah.io • Next generation payments, today.

On Wed, 3 Sep at 8:26 pm , Skyong wrote:

Attention:

support@moolah.io,
support.mintpal.com

Subject: DNotes - Mintpal V2 - Tentative Market Listing

It is quite disappointing for me to just find out that you have publicly released "Mintpal V2 - Tentative Market Listing and that DNotes is excluded from the list most likely because ...

"We will be culling a number of “dead” coins currently on the exchange..."
http://blog.moolah.io/author/moolahch/

This is especially disappointing to the DNotes team and thousands of our stakeholders around the world to have been working very hard for months casting their votes every day resulting with a record breaking winning lead, and subsequently listed on Mintpal Exchange just 16 days ago:

Aug. 18, 2014:
MintPal @MintPalExchange

Congratulations to DNotes for winning this week's vote, the $NOTE market is now live. https://www.mintpal.com/market/NOTE/BTC

I am writing to make sure that you are not misguided or misinformed and respectfully urge you to reconsider your selection to include DNotes. DNotes is one among the few in our industry that has a full development team with the full backing of accomplished entrepreneur and management professionals, coupled with solid funding, without the need for a single donation from our community. The same team also founded and funded Cryptomoms.com with a mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency space currently overwhelmingly dominated by men by a ratio of 95 to 5.

Dnotes is the most stable digital currency in our space, consistently reaching higher highs and higher lows. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/

The followings links will be helpful if you are interested to learn more about: us:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-dnotes-block-reward-reduce-080300040.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bringing-cryptocurrency-women-worldwide-cryptomoms-011500357.html

Your prompt attention to this serious matter will be greatly appreciated. I am anxiously awaiting for your response before posting my comments on our forum.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Yong
Co-founder
DNotes
CryptoMoms
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:51:20 PM

It is really interesting to watch the different ways cryptocurrency is gaining both legitimacy and acceptance. Check out this article:

"Top US Colleges Begin Offering Bitcoin Courses"

http://www.coindesk.com/top-us-colleges-begin-offering-bitcoin-courses/

Indeed. It is quite impressive. The network effect is beginning to build great momentum. This is very positive for DNotes. I am already reaching out to different groups offering my support, including donating 100 DNotes to the first 1,000 students to create a DNotes wallet and post the address on Cryptomoms forum with a comment. I will also make myself available to our local colleges and universities as a "Guest Lecturer".

Promoting Cryptomoms, saving accounts for kids and education saving accounts is now my top agenda. We will be issuing a Press Release to that effect in a few weeks. I am being kept extremely busy, and very much need your help to participate in this forum more actively with comments, questions, and suggestions. Our development team will now provide some general guidance but not any specific details or release date on  projects we have been working.

Bitcoin is spreading fast and doing well, despite certain weaknesses. DNotes will greatly benefit from their success. We are working very hard to overcome some of those weaknesses. Sounds far out, but think of DNotes as a Bitcoin 2.0 with a different name. In the free world, it is all about options and choices. Given the time and knowledge, by far the majority of the people will make the right choice by picking the best option.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:39:03 PM

It is really interesting to watch the different ways cryptocurrency is gaining both legitimacy and acceptance. Check out this article:

Indeed. It is quite impressive. The network effect is beginning to build great momentum. This is very positive for DNotes. I am already reaching out to different groups offering my support, including donating 100 DNotes to the first 1,000 students to create a DNotes wallet and post the address on Cryptomoms forum with a comment. I will also make myself available to our local colleges and universities as a "Guest Lecturer".

Promoting Cryptomoms, saving accounts for kids and education saving accounts is now my top agenda. We will be issuing a Press Release to that effect in a few weeks. I am being kept extremely busy, and very much need your help to participate in this forum more actively with comments, questions, and suggestions. Our development team will now provide some general guidance but not any specific details or release date on  projects we have been working.

Bitcoin is spreading fast and doing well, despite certain weaknesses. DNotes will greatly benefit from their success. We are working very hard to overcome some of those weaknesses. Sounds far out, but think of DNotes as a Bitcoin 2.0 with a different name. In the free world, it is all about options and choices. Given the time and knowledge, by far the majority of the people will make the right choice by picking the best option.

The DNotes for students sounds like a great idea with a lot of potential. It will be a fairly quick way to get students started in crypto currency and gain some real world experience while distributing DNotes to our future generations.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:33:00 PM

DNotes has a strong stance not to release development information before it's ready. We feel this stance helps our credibility and prevents pumping and dumping that can damage our stability model. However that does hurt our forum activity, so we've decided to loosen up a little and talk about minor inclusions and generally about the larger releases. Our highest priority development project is basically around merchant adoption, which became a higher priority project than our mobile development project. Some of our smaller development projects include:
-An easier way to create a cold storage wallet
-Self support options including redownloading the blockchain, swapping and reading between wallets without having to re-download the blockchain.
-Integrating two DNS seeding servers on top of IRC peer matching
-Links in the wallet for support and social media
If you have any suggestions or anything we missed, please let us know.

Can't wait to see what you release for merchant adoption. On the cold wallet thing, I was thinking as I created my backup wallets is when you create a new wallet, for a brief period of the time the wallet file is not encrypted. It would be nice if it prompted you to enter a password and encrypt the wallet as it is created.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:41:19 PM

DNotes has a strong stance not to release development information before it's ready. We feel this stance helps our credibility and prevents pumping and dumping that can damage our stability model. However that does hurt our forum activity, so we've decided to loosen up a little and talk about minor inclusions and generally about the larger releases. Our highest priority development project is basically around merchant adoption, which became a higher priority project than our mobile development project. Some of our smaller development projects include:
-Self support options including redownloading the blockchain, swapping and reading between wallets without having to re-download the blockchain.

Can't wait to see what you release for merchant adoption. On the cold wallet thing, I was thinking as I created my backup wallets is when you create a new wallet, for a brief period of the time the wallet file is not encrypted. It would be nice if it prompted you to enter a password and encrypt the wallet as it is created.

Kanus1113, having the option to encrypt your wallet as it is created (or before) is a great idea! Thank you

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:43:12 PM

So a couple weeks ago I was looking at asic miners on http://gawminers.com/ After talking to Micrux (for those who have not talked to him a great resource and helpful person) I purchased a Gawminer The fury asic miner which advertised 1.3 Mh/s.  I paid their base shipping fee for 2 day postal delivery.  I had the unit in hand the next day.  It took me about 30 minutes to set up the miner, most of which was getting the right drivers set up for it.  With CGminer I pointed it towards https://note.charityminingpools.com and have been averaging about 45-50 coins a day.  If anyone is looking to get into mining coins at all I would highly recommend this unit,  it is quiet, compact, uses very little power (~35 Watts at the wall) and delivers the advertised hashrate or better.  I will be exploring the couldmining options that Gawminers offers and will report back on my adventures there.  In the meantime if anyone has any question or would like help getting mining going let me know and I'll do what i can to help you get set up or get your questions answered.
keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:09:19 AM

“Store of Value” Selection is Vital in Wealth Accumulation:

Money is the best medium of exchange for goods and services. It is easy to understand and convenient to use. Its value can be best understood relative to its buying power, its present buying power, or present value.  That is if you spend every thing you earned right away and nothing left to be “stored” for rainy days or your retirement.

If you are fortunate enough to earn more than you must spend immediately, preserving the purchasing power of what you stored away is an important consideration. Growing, or increasing, that buying power by selecting the most productive option to store the extra money or asset in your life time could be vital to your success, or lack of success, in your wealth accumulation.

The mighty US dollar has been a good store of value for generations; love by friends and foes alike, around the world. It was mighty as a trusted currency, with the ability to preserve the buying power and for many years, increased that buying power.

Unfortunately, for years now it has been moving in the opposite direction, continuously losing its buying power and confidence in its value around the world. It is no longer a good store of value.

What about Gold? May be, but then, may be not. A deep understanding of the significance on “store of value” is vital to your financial health. If you are serious about preserving the buying power of your hard earned dollars, selecting the best medium for store of value and getting in on the ground can make a huge difference in wealth accumulation to gain  financial freedom.

To be continued ……..

S dollar has indeed fallen in the last few years due to the large US debt and emerging markets becoming less dependent on holding US dollars to keep their currencies low. If trade in digital currencies pick up, these could be some of the currencies governments start looking at. Digital currencies for example will not carry the risk of imprudent fiscal policy.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

The DNotes for students sounds like a great idea with a lot of potential. It will be a fairly quick way to get students started in crypto currency and gain some real world experience while distributing DNotes to our future generations.

I agree, this is a great idea for students, for CryptoMoms, and for DNotes.  This could end up being the best performing education savings plan in history!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

maggie.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:18:42 PM

How is this coin going?Do we have any good news of dev or some important updates?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:44:46 PM

How is this coin going?Do we have any good news of dev or some important updates?

Hi maggie, thanks for stopping by. Lot's of good stuff going on.

Here are our current development objectives:

Take a look at our "kids with a CR.I.S.P." program. We are working on a rich kids list to compliment the program followed by some promotion of the program.
http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530/msg2237#new

We are also looking into how to reach college students that are interested in cryptocurrency.

Check out our 180 day chart on coinmarketcap.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:53:24 PM

According to the following criteria from Moolah, we SHOULD have a guaranteed spot on Mintpal:

"MINTPAL V2 – POLICIES ON ADDITION, REMOVAL, VERIFIED MARKETS AND ICO ESCROWS."

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/06/mintpal-v2-policies-on-addition-removal-verified-markets-and-ico-escrows/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:31:33 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 05:47:19 PM by Dyna

According to the following criteria from Moolah, we SHOULD have a guaranteed spot on Mintpal:

"MINTPAL V2 – POLICIES ON ADDITION, REMOVAL, VERIFIED MARKETS AND ICO ESCROWS."

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/06/mintpal-v2-policies-on-addition-removal-verified-markets-and-ico-escrows/

Thanks, Chase. Their stated policies are very reasonable, perhaps too reasonable. Given the time any exchange with good business sense will want to list DNotes. Moolah's pre-announcement is a PR blunder that cost unnecessary animosity and damage to their brand. I am disappointed but will get over it. We worked very hard for it. Let’s support them.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:44:16 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:07:38 AM by Dyna

I agree, this is a great idea for students, for CryptoMoms, and for DNotes.  This could end up being the best performing education savings plan in history!  Smiley

This could end up being a very big project. The feedback I am receiving from the education communities is very positive.

This is not a general give away and will be done on a controlled case by case basis. Otherwise, we will use up millions of DNotes that are getting more and more expensive to come by.

There are two primary objectives. The first one is provide participating teachers and students the convenience of getting immediate real world experience by downloading the blockchain, create a DNotes wallet, and follow a link to receive an amount of DNotes. Next, they set up a trading account and transfer the DNotes to that account so that they can gain some trading experience on DNotes and Bitcoin.

The second objective is to encourage students to use this as a college fund saving account using DNotes. We will make available a Student Rich List. Prizes will be given out from time to time, at random intervals, with details to follow.  We are doing the same for “Kids with a CR.I.S.P.”  (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan)

This will evolve around cryptomoms.com, a content rich website to learn more about crypto currencies. A press release will be issued in a few weeks regarding this program. A number of other press releases are also scheduled between now and the end of the year.

I have many more write-ups to be posted but have been holding back for lack of participations from our community.  Please make an effort to participate, no matter how brief.  I need to know if what I am doing is helpful, especially when writing is not one of my hobbies.

To me it is important for our stake holders to understand why our long term strategies are so different compared to our industry peers. They are well thought out strategies executed at the most appropriate or best time.  DNotes is a digital currency. It is money. Understanding the functions of money is important. As much as store of value is a very simple concept, managing your asset or store of value can make you poor or rich. Over 90% of the people are getting poorer while the rest are getting richer. Let’s work together to make difference, helping DNotes to be the best store of value.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

I agree, this is a great idea for students, for CryptoMoms, and for DNotes.  This could end up being the best performing education savings plan in history!  Smiley

This could end up being a very big project. The feedback I am receiving from the education communities is very positive.

This is not a general give away and will be done on a controlled case by case basis. Otherwise, we will use up millions of DNotes that are getting more and more expensive to come by.

There are two primary objectives. The first one is provide participating teachers and students the convenience of getting immediate real world experience by downloading the blockchain, create a DNotes wallet, and follow a link to receive an amount of DNotes. Next, they set up a trading account and transfer the DNotes to that account so that they can gain some trading experience on DNotes and Bitcoin.

The second objective is to encourage students to use this as a college fund saving account using DNotes. We will make available a Student Rich List. Prizes will be given out from time to time, at random intervals, with details to follow.  We are doing the same for “Kids with a CR.I.S.P.”  (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan)

This will evolve around cryptomoms.com, a content rich website to learn more about crypto currencies. A press will be issued in a few weeks regarding this program. A number of other press releases are also scheduled between now and the end of the year.

I have many more write-ups to be posted but have been holding back for lack of participations from our community.  Please make an effort to participate, no matter how brief.  I need to know if what I am doing is helpful, especially when writing is not one of my hobbies.

To me it is important for our stake holders to understand why our long term strategies are so different compared to our industry peers. They are well thought out strategies executed at the most appropriate or best time.  DNotes is a digital currency. It is money. Understanding the functions of money is important. As much as store of value is a very simple concept, managing your asset or store of value can make you poor or rich. Over 90% of the people are getting poorer while the rest are getting richer. Let’s work together to make difference, helping DNotes to be the best store of value.

Reaching out to college students is brilliant. They will be the "Movers and the Shakers" in a few short years. They have grown up in the digital world. They are technologies' "early adaptors". Again, brilliant!!

Well done, Yoda. 

Smokey
keemo

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:26:53 PM

This will evolve around cryptomoms.com, a content rich website to learn more about crypto currencies. A press will be issued in a few weeks regarding this program. A number of other press releases are also scheduled between now and the end of the year.

Dyna, your posts are indeed helpful for the community to find out what the current initiatives are. All the programs you have listed are very unique and make perfect sense for our stage of evolution. I think one point you have not explicitly listed is that young students once involved will gain appreciation for business and technology strategy as they watch DNotes evolve into an industry leader. I think their participation would be another boost to our effort.

keemo

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

I like DNotes's pure play focus. Focus will be critical to success. Dilution of focus leads to improper allocation of resources. I see many currencies diverging into smart contracts, DACs etc. These concepts are confusing and there is not a single precedent of any business being successful with these novel ideas. It seems novelty in and of itself has become synonymous with higher prospects of success. I think DNotes pure play focus on currency which most people understand and executing various strategies to become a market leader is great business sense. I feel that very many currencies dont understand that it actually takes lots of hard work for a very long time to become a market leader. It seems their strategy is to come up with a few novel features and expect viral marketing to drive up their valuation and propel them to a leadership position. This view is very mistaken. Even highly financed coins have a vacuum on the top and I see a lack of strategies to actually put in the hard work to "incrementally" move forward. Slow and steady does indeed win the race.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: