Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:07:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
AlphaD

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I was introduced to Dnotes by my mate TeeGee. I have a a decent holding of them and have introduced a few other mates also. I have seen this currency steadily climb since I was introduced and I am very impressed when you compare it to other coins that jump around like a leprechaun on crack.

I read this thread quite often and one thing that stuck out to me was the mention of the three functions of money. The mention of it having to be used as a medium of exchange was followed by an explanation that it is exchanged on various coin exchanges. To me this is not meeting this criterion.

Gold is also exchanged on exchanges, as is oil, wheat,  steel etc. This does not make them great mediums of exchange but it means they are being exchanged.

For Dnotes to be adopted and accepted as a real currency it must be able to be used to buy things. So far Bitcoin is the only coin that really fulfils this. If coins are not being actively used as a medium of exchange then the price comes from pure speculation not an inherent value. Failure to address this issue is what will result in Bitcoin reigning supreme at the end of the day and all of the other altcoins crashing and burning in its wake.

Please answer me this: Why would I used another digital currency other than Bitcoin? If I am an everyday person I might not understand how it works but I have a Bitcoin wallet and some Bitcoin and I can buy things in many places. This involves a lot of infrastructure behind this coin to be able to do this. Why would I have another address with a different currency with a different value to do the same?

Don't get me wrong , I wish this currency every success. But issues need to be addressed and discussed for it to become a useful currency beyond the exchanges.

Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

It is really interesting to watch the different ways cryptocurrency is gaining both legitimacy and acceptance. Check out this article:

"Top US Colleges Begin Offering Bitcoin Courses"

http://www.coindesk.com/top-us-colleges-begin-offering-bitcoin-courses/

Indeed. It is quite impressive. The network effect is beginning to build great momentum. This is very positive for DNotes. I am already reaching out to different groups offering my support, including donating 100 DNotes to the first 1,000 students to create a DNotes wallet and post the address on Cryptomoms forum with a comment. I will also make myself available to our local colleges and universities as a "Guest Lecturer".

Promoting Cryptomoms, saving accounts for kids and education saving accounts is now my top agenda. We will be issuing a Press Release to that effect in a few weeks. I am being kept extremely busy, and very much need your help to participate in this forum more actively with comments, questions, and suggestions. Our development team will now provide some general guidance but not any specific details or release date on  projects we have been working.

Bitcoin is spreading fast and doing well, despite certain weaknesses. DNotes will greatly benefit from their success. We are working very hard to overcome some of those weaknesses. Sounds far out, but think of DNotes as a Bitcoin 2.0 with a different name. In the free world, it is all about options and choices. Given the time and knowledge, by far the majority of the people will make the right choice by picking the best option.

The DNotes for students sounds like a great idea with a lot of potential. It will be a fairly quick way to get students started in crypto currency and gain some real world experience while distributing DNotes to our future generations.

I agree, this is a great idea for students, for CryptoMoms, and for DNotes.  This could end up being the best performing education savings plan in history!  Smiley

This could end up being a very big project. The feedback I am receiving from the education communities is very positive.

This is not a general give away and will be done on a controlled case by case basis. Otherwise, we will use up millions of DNotes that are getting more and more expensive to come by.

There are two primary objectives. The first one is provide participating teachers and students the convenience of getting immediate real world experience by downloading the blockchain, create a DNotes wallet, and follow a link to receive an amount of DNotes. Next, they set up a trading account and transfer the DNotes to that account so that they can gain some trading experience on DNotes and Bitcoin.

The second objective is to encourage students to use this as a college fund saving account using DNotes. We will make available a Student Rich List. Prizes will be given out from time to time, at random intervals, with details to follow.  We are doing the same for “Kids with a CR.I.S.P.”  (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan)

This will evolve around cryptomoms.com, a content rich website to learn more about crypto currencies. A press will be issued in a few weeks regarding this program. A number of other press releases are also scheduled between now and the end of the year.

I have many more write-ups to be posted but have been holding back for lack of participations from our community.  Please make an effort to participate, no matter how brief.  I need to know if what I am doing is helpful, especially when writing is not one of my hobbies.

To me it is important for our stake holders to understand why our long term strategies are so different compared to our industry peers. They are well thought out strategies executed at the most appropriate or best time.  DNotes is a digital currency. It is money. Understanding the functions of money is important. As much as store of value is a very simple concept, managing your asset or store of value can make you poor or rich. Over 90% of the people are getting poorer while the rest are getting richer. Let’s work together to make difference, helping DNotes to be the best store of value.

Dyna, your posts are indeed helpful for the community to find out what the current initiatives are. All the programs you have listed are very unique and make perfect sense for our stage of evolution. I think one point you have not explicitly listed is that young students once involved will gain appreciation for business and technology strategy as they watch DNotes evolve into an industry leader. I think their participation would be another boost to our effort.

Your are correct, Keemo. From a human behavior prospective, an early favorable experience has a strong tendency to stay as the preferred choice or way of doing things. The second contender needs to do significantly better, yet may not be able to win everyone over. Reaching out beyond our industry is a smart strategic and tactical move most people may not have realized.

Indeed, students participating in our programs would be another boost to our effort in building DNotes as the digital currency of the future.
keemo

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:41:47 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I was introduced to Dnotes by my mate TeeGee. I have a a decent holding of them and have introduced a few other mates also. I have seen this currency steadily climb since I was introduced and I am very impressed when you compare it to other coins that jump around like a leprechaun on crack.

I read this thread quite often and one thing that stuck out to me was the mention of the three functions of money. The mention of it having to be used as a medium of exchange was followed by an explanation that it is exchanged on various coin exchanges. To me this is not meeting this criterion.

Gold is also exchanged on exchanges, as is oil, wheat,  steel etc. This does not make them great mediums of exchange but it means they are being exchanged.

For Dnotes to be adopted and accepted as a real currency it must be able to be used to buy things. So far Bitcoin is the only coin that really fulfils this. If coins are not being actively used as a medium of exchange then the price comes from pure speculation not an inherent value. Failure to address this issue is what will result in Bitcoin reigning supreme at the end of the day and all of the other altcoins crashing and burning in its wake.

Please answer me this: Why would I used another digital currency other than Bitcoin? If I am an everyday person I might not understand how it works but I have a Bitcoin wallet and some Bitcoin and I can buy things in many places. This involves a lot of infrastructure behind this coin to be able to do this. Why would I have another address with a different currency with a different value to do the same?

Don't get me wrong , I wish this currency every success. But issues need to be addressed and discussed for it to become a useful currency beyond the exchanges.

Smiley

Hi AlphaD,

Great points. Thanks for your support.

You are right. For DNotes to be adopted and accepted as real currency people must be able to buy things with it. At this point, it has not reached that stage. This is of course an area it is addressing. Again you are right that failure to address this issue is what will result in many altcoins failing. Store of value is however important for people to hold a coin in the first place. Here DNotes has shown great stability which it must continue to show. People will continue to hold or buy this currency if they feel that it is likely to appreciate and equally importantly their investment is not risky. This means what they will want is low volatility with a slow steady upwards drift. If a currency can exhibit this behavior then this in an of itself is a significant achievement. Among many currencies out there, DNotes uniquely does exhibit this behavior. Thus (one of) the requirements for people to hold this coin is being met. At this point, it is more akin to gold than to US dollar. It is a safe investment.

For it to become a bonafide medium of exchange it must be accepted widely by merchants. That ability however is supported by currency stability. Wide acceptance and ability to buy things not supported by price stability will lead to liquidation. I think stability and appreciation requirements are being met and now it must move towards being widely accepted. I think the successful wide adoption is a function of price stability. So I think we are getting to the next logical objective here and should address it.

The only answer I have to your question is if you are afraid that bitcoin will depreciate significantly or will be very volatile, you will not hold it despite its wide acceptance. Unfortunately, bitcoin indeed has been volatile.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:57:22 PM

Hi all,

Gold is also exchanged on exchanges, as is oil, wheat,  steel etc. This does not make them great mediums of exchange but it means they are being exchanged.

Smiley

Hi AlphaD,

Great points. Thanks for your support.

You are right. For DNotes to be adopted and accepted as real currency people must be able to buy things with it. At this point, it has not reached that stage. This is of course an area it is addressing. Again you are right that failure to address this issue is what will result in many altcoins failing. Store of value is however important for people to hold a coin in the first place. Here DNotes has shown great stability which it must continue to show. People will continue to hold or buy this currency if they feel that it is likely to appreciate and equally importantly their investment is not risky. This means what they will want is low volatility with a slow steady upwards drift. If a currency can exhibit this behavior then this in an of itself is a significant achievement. Among many currencies out there, DNotes uniquely does exhibit this behavior. Thus (one of) the requirements for people to hold this coin is being met. At this point, it is more akin to gold than to US dollar. It is a safe investment.

For it to become a bonafide medium of exchange it must be accepted widely by merchants. That ability however is supported by currency stability. Wide acceptance and ability to buy things not supported by price stability will lead to liquidation. I think stability and appreciation requirements are being met and now it must move towards being widely accepted. I think the successful wide adoption is a function of price stability. So I think we are getting to the next logical objective here and should address it.

The only answer I have to your question is if you are afraid that bitcoin will depreciate significantly or will be very volatile, you will not hold it despite its wide acceptance. Unfortunately, bitcoin indeed has been volatile.

Wow. I feel like the class clown among a room full of Albert Einsteins. All very good points. For me, it all boils down to this: The market leader will be a coin that most resembles actual cash, in addition to all the advantages a Digital Currency brings to the table. No coin available today possesses all three of the requirements outlined by Dyna, including Bitcoin (too volatile). No coin, other than DNotes have shown price stability. DNotes is the only coin to have shown stability from from birth.

BTW.........the comment by AlphaD....."when you compare it to other coins that jump around like a leprechaun on crack"........had me laughing so hard I about passed out!!!!!!

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:01:54 AM

Hi all,

Smiley

Hi AlphaD. Welcome and thanks for participating in our forum. Your comments and questions are helpful. Your friend TeeGee should be given a lot of credit for assisting me with some of the research materials that led me to do a series of write-ups. For all we know TeeGee might be trying to make New Zealand the capital of DNotes based on the number of people he has recruited to join the DNotes’ camp. Thanks, TeeGee.

You are correct that if DNotes can only be used to exchange for another digital currency but not for other goods and services, than it “is not meeting this criterion” (fulfilling the function as a medium of exchange). At best it is a limited or poor medium of exchange. The illustration will go on in subsequent posts on “DNotes as a medium of exchange” that if a currency medium of exchange function is limited to exchanging for another currency only, that limited function is not sufficient to make that coin a viable currency and the coin will ultimately fail. There will be exceptions in certain niches, but that is not our area of focus.

Certainly, for mainstream adoption of DNotes to take place a lot of people must own DNotes and a lot of merchants everywhere must accept DNotes. That is the end game and will take years, even with the best game plan executed flawlessly.

Store of value is ownership of asset not currently consumed. We all want our asset to grow and not be at risk of loosing it.

Medium of exchange is usage. If that medium is as stable, durable, portable, transferable, (including cross-border transfer) fungible, divisible, and mutually interchangeable in whole or in part as money, than it has a good prospect of supplementing or replacing money as a medium of exchange.

Since DNotes is still at its infancy, let see what it wants to be when it grows up and what it has accomplished so far. DNotes wants to be the money everyone around the world trust and loves to own a lot of. With lots of DNotes they will want to exchange them for goods and services they need and love to have. To be that currency, it must be trustworthy, stable with low volatility, and provides reliable long term appreciating value. DNotes has consistently exhibited these characteristics better than any other currency in our industry, and hence, a good store value. Now that it is proven to be a good store of value we can put it to work in the real world, such as:

From an earlier blog:

‘’ .... There are two primary objectives. The first one is provide participating teachers and students the convenience of getting immediate real world experience by downloading the blockchain, create a DNotes wallet, and follow a link to receive an amount of DNotes. Next, they set up a trading account and transfer the DNotes to that account so that they can gain some trading experience on DNotes and Bitcoin.

The second objective is to encourage students to use this as a college fund saving account using DNotes. We will make available a Student Rich List. Prizes will be given out from time to time, at random intervals, with details to follow.  We are doing the same for “Kids with a CR.I.S.P.”  (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) ... “

Medium of exchange is usage as a payment option.  Without disclosing specific details and time schedule, I can tell you that payment processing for merchant accounts has been keeping our development team very busy.

Mass merchant adoption of DNotes will take a lot more than just some innovative software features. In our opinion, the biggest obstacle currently confronting Bitcoin in merchant account adoption is the price, with Bitcoin being highly volatile.

DNotes will have a significant advantage as the most stable digital currency. I will be sharing a lot more details in my subsequent blogs on “DNotes as a Medium of Exchange.” after I have completed my write-ups on “DNotes as a Store of Value”.
Micrux

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:20:04 AM

Medium of exchange is usage as a payment option.  Without disclosing specific details and time schedule, I can tell you that payment processing for merchant accounts has been keeping our development team very busy.

Knowing the background of one of your development team... (( As in I think I still have a copy of his resume on my hard drive, and I've worked shoulder to shoulder with him several years back ))  This statement has me dancing in my chair..   I have an idea of what it could be... Needless to say, I am excited.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:59:22 AM

Medium of exchange is usage as a payment option.  Without disclosing specific details and time schedule, I can tell you that payment processing for merchant accounts has been keeping our development team very busy.

Knowing the background of one of your development team... (( As in I think I still have a copy of his resume on my hard drive, and I've worked shoulder to shoulder with him several years back ))  This statement has me dancing in my chair..   I have an idea of what it could be... Needless to say, I am excited.

Thanks for your kind words, Micrus. Since I have also known him very well for many years, I have to agree with you. He is tough to find and hard to beat. He is one among a solid team with great depths in technologies and business.
AlphaD

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:13:32 AM

Great replies all round guys!

Definitely exciting to be part of Dnotes in its infancy. I wish I still had my hardware pointed the the pool!! As it is I hold a fair bit. Nothing compared to some I know though haha.

I admire the way you are avoiding incorporating gimmicks into your coin. And I am very impressed by its stability. I joined the Dnotes camp thanks to TeeGee but I stay because of its stability (and of course the upward drift Smiley

It will be an interesting next few years to see who can make the cut. I personally hope the herds of altcoins out there are thinned out in some way. The sheer number of them is not conducive to mainstream adoption. It is frankly confusing as f***.

What I would really like to see is the development of a bitcard/Dnotes card. Something that you could load your digital currency on and spend just like a credit card but with no fees. That would make mainstream adoption easy. But easier said than done right? lol.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:06:11 AM

Great replies all round guys!

Definitely exciting to be part of Dnotes in its infancy. I wish I still had my hardware pointed the the pool!! As it is I hold a fair bit. Nothing compared to some I know though haha.

I admire the way you are avoiding incorporating gimmicks into your coin. And I am very impressed by its stability. I joined the Dnotes camp thanks to TeeGee but I stay because of its stability (and of course the upward drift Smiley )  

It will be an interesting next few years to see who can make the cut. I personally hope the herds of altcoins out there are thinned out in some way. The sheer number of them is not conducive to mainstream adoption. It is frankly confusing as f***.

What I would really like to see is the development of a bitcard/Dnotes card. Something that you could load your digital currency on and spend just like a credit card but with no fees. That would make mainstream adoption easy. But easier said than done right? lol.

Thanks, AlphaD. We are just trying to do our best. There is a lot more coming. Following DNotes is like watching a movie. If you don't start from the beginning, it's hard to figure out what's going on. Mindful of that, I try to incroporate brief "snap shots" to highlight key points from time to time.

A bitcard/DNotes card? How about a multi-currencies DNotes card? With DNotes deposited in the "Bank of the Future" spend your DNotes anywhere in the world using DNotes or local currency; the amount is charged to your DNotes account, with significantly lower fees than using credit cards. The feasibility is not limited by technologies or funding but by regulatory constraints. An early adaptor nation could gain significant advantages. That is a "medium of exchange" at its best. For now, that is all I can share with you.
PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:30:09 AM

http://www.gofundme.com/e0cy6g 

Please spread the word guys thanks.

:-D

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:44:11 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 02:03:24 PM by Dyna

DNotes as a Store of Value:

In the case of money, when you earned or inherited more than what you need to consume or spend immediately, the extra is stored to be retrieved at a later date. That “extras” can be stored as is, or exchanged for another medium, such as gold which has been very popular for the last few decades. Whether it stays as money or exchanged for other assets or investments, when it is finally retrieved and spent it is about buying power. The more productive the vehicle you selected as the store of value, the more buying power you will end up with. The risk of losing your investment should always be a primary consideration.  As a general rule, the higher the investment risk, the higher the reward; and the lower the risk the lower the reward.

Using the rule of high risk/ high reward it is a common practice for many investors to allocate a small percentage of their investment portfolio to invest in certain high risk situations. When one made the right pick the overall investment portfolio can significantly out perform other investments. The store of value in this case consists of a basket of various assets designed to produce the highest rate of return with managed risk.  For many years, gold has been an excellent choice, generating huge returns. However, for a few years now, since 2011, the price of gold has stabilized.

Could DNotes be the best Store of Value since gold? Only time will tell. DNotes has a comprehensive long term strategic plan to be the best in class since the first day it was created, (2-18-2014). DNotes’ team and its community believe that, by staying true to their mission in building a stable, trustworthy currency with reliable long-term appreciating value, DNotes will have the best chances to be “The Digital Currency of the Future with Lasting Value”.  If achievable, DNotes could be a great store of value, perhaps the best since gold.

Gold has been an excellent store of value for over a decade, performing spectacularly well as a hedge against inflation, thereby preserving investors’ purchasing power. Until the 12-year bull-run ended in 2011 at over US$1900 per ounce, down to US$1,267 today, gold has been an outstanding wealth creation investment.

Let us take a closer look. I mentioned in an earlier post that Store of Value is one of the four functions of money. The other three functions are; Unit of Account, Medium of Exchange, and Standard of Deferred Payment.

Money as a store of value is an important component for the modern economy to function efficiently, since everyone accepts money in exchange for goods and services. The money accepted can be spent immediately or stored as cash or banked to be retrieved later to be spent or invested in another asset that may be more productive as a store of value. Finding a relatively secure investment with high returns is a big challenge these days.

Money is not the only asset used to store value to be retrieved, exchange, or transferred at a later time. The other assets commonly used to store value are precious metals like gold and silver. Real estate, collectibles, stock ownership in a company, and other financial instruments such as bonds, and treasury bills are also commonly used to store value. They all have inherent risks and potential for value appreciation. In general, the higher the risks, the higher the returns.

Timing in buying in at the early stage of an upward trend can yield huge appreciation as in the case of gold, which went from under $300 in 2000 to as high as $1,900 per ounce in 2011. Gold has been the best store of value during this period. As such it deserves a closer look.

Massive creation of new money by the Federal Reserve through the policy of Quantitative Easing to pump up the weak economy and to finance the staggering Federal deficit of over $17 trillion with low interest has put great pressure on the US dollar resulting in significant lost of value against the value of gold. If the US dollar continues to lose its value, as many are predicting, will the price of gold continue to increase? Will gold continue to be the best store of value?

To gain a better understanding on the dynamics of devaluation and value appreciation of an asset stored over time when measured against the US dollar, we need to realize that gold is also currency. It is a commodity currency. To be brief, our discussion is limited to the following currencies:

1.   Money -  a fiat currency:

Money is a legal tender created and controlled by a government. In the case of United States, massive amount of new money can be created based on the decision of political appointee administers (Federal Reserve – Board of Governors) Its supply is relative scarce, controlled through managing money supply. It is durable, portable and transferable. Unlike gold it is fungible and divisible to the extent that it is mutually interchangeable in whole or in part.

As the US government federal deficit and trade deficit continues to grow rapidly, the pressure on the value of the US dollar increases, leading to further lost of confidence in the US dollar resulting in further devaluation. Perhaps the biggest fear is a dramatic increase in interest rate. It will have a crippling effect on the value of the US dollar, various currencies closely aligned with the US dollar. This will be extremely damaging to the world economy. The Federal Reserve may not like to see another bull run in gold for this very reason.  http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/01/17/hows-whys-gold-price-manipulation/

2.    Gold - a commodity currency:

Gold is more durable than fiat currency. It is definitely scarce and cannot be cost effectively reproduced to increase supply. It is not as portable as money, especially involving cross-border transfer. It is not fungible or easily divisible. It is not a good medium of exchange but has served well as a good store of value.

A dramatic increase in the price of gold could immediately cause very damaging chain reactions. My sense is that the US government has been doing everything possible to prevent this from happening. Consequently, I would conclude that another round of rapid gold price increase is not likely.

Bloomberg.com reported 8-14-2013 that “Damage of Declining Gold Prices Felt Globally” and added “A 12-Year Bull Market Crashes:” It reported that “During a 12-year bull market, gold was promoted as a hedge against inflation, a store of value and a spectacular investment in its own right.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/infographics/2013-08-14/gold-price-decline-felt-around-the-world.html

3.   DNotes – a digital currency:

Call it property as the IRS would, a clone of Bitcoin, or virtual currency, DNotes is a digital currency meeting all the functions of money, with added advantages and enhancements:

Unit of Account:

Being traded on 5 exchanges at around 1,000 Satoshis or $0.005, a value on DNotes has been established.

Store of Value:

DNotes is the most consisting performer in value appreciation among over 400 crypto currencies. http://coinmarketcap.com/  From a low price of 41 Satoshis, on March 25, 2014 DNotes has consistently established higher highs and higher lows. It has been delivering a spectacular reliable long term appreciation for almost six months (a long time in the crypto world) without exception. With around 90 million DNotes issued to date, a maximum limit of 500 million DNotes, and a market cap of around $500,000, DNotes long-term stunning performance is likely continue for years to come.

None the less, this should be considered as a high risk investment with no assurances that the same rate of value appreciation is sustainable. It should be treated as a high risk investment with potential high return. Do not invest more that you can afford to lose. It should be limited not to exceed a small percentage of your investment portfolio, depending on your risk appetite.

Once again please participate with your comments and questions.

I like to cover the pros and cons of Bitcoin, and adoption by merchant and consumers next. In an effort to be more objective, I like to invite you to do your research and post your findings and comments. That will make it much more interesting, hopefully more objective and less self-serving.
MikeMyke

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:23:47 PM

My dnote wallet didnt sync. how do I fix this?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:00:44 PM

Heya Mike,

If this is your first time opening the wallet, it will take a while to sync depending on your computer. If the green bar at the bottom is moving it is downloading properly. If you don't have any connections to the network (wifi looking icon in the bottom right will show you the number of connections) you may want to add the latest nodes to your DNotes.conf file.

Close the wallet.

Open windows explorer and navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes\
or
C:\Users\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes

If DNotes.conf is not already in this folder, create a new text file and name it DNotes.conf.

Open the DNotes.conf and add the following text:
addnode=n6.dnotescoin.com
addnode=n7.dnotescoin.com
addnode=n4.dnotescoin.com
addnode=n5.dnotescoin.com
addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

Start the wallet.

If it isn't updating but you do have connections, you will want to delete the old blockchain files to restart the download.

Close the wallet.

or

Delete blk*.dat

Start the wallet.

If you have any problems, please feel free to respond here or send me an email contact@dnotescoin.com.

keemo

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

DNotes as a Store of Value:

In the case of money, when you earned or inherited more than what you need to consume or spend immediately, the extra is stored to be retrieved at a later date. That “extras” can be stored as is, or exchanged for another medium, such as gold which has been very popular for the last few decades. Whether it stays as money or exchanged for other assets or investments, when it is finally retrieved and spent it is about buying power. The more productive the vehicle you selected as the store of value, the more buying power you will end up with. The risk of losing your investment should always be a primary consideration.  As a general rule, the higher the investment risk, the higher the reward; and the lower the risk the lower the reward.

Using the rule of high risk/ high reward it is a common practice for many investors to allocate a small percentage of their investment portfolio to invest in certain high risk situations. When one made the right pick the overall investment portfolio can significantly out perform other investments. The store of value in this case consists of a basket of various assets designed to produce the highest rate of return with managed risk.  For many years, gold has been an excellent choice, generating huge returns. However, for a few years now, since 2011, the price of gold has stabilized.

Could DNotes be the best Store of Value since gold? Only time will tell. DNotes has a comprehensive long term strategic plan to be the best in class since the first day it was created, (2-18-2014). DNotes’ team and its community believe that, by staying true to their mission in building a stable, trustworthy currency with reliable long-term appreciating value, DNotes will have the best chances to be “The Digital Currency of the Future with Lasting Value”.  If achievable, DNotes could be a great store of value, perhaps the best since gold.

Gold has been an excellent store of value for over a decade, performing spectacularly well as a hedge against inflation, thereby preserving investors’ purchasing power. Until the 12-year bull-run ended in 2011 at over US$1900 per ounce, down to US$1,267 today, gold has been an outstanding wealth creation investment.

Let us take a closer look. I mentioned in an earlier post that Store of Value is one of the four functions of money. The other three functions are; Unit of Account, Medium of Exchange, and Standard of Deferred Payment.

Money as a store of value is an important component for the modern economy to function efficiently, since everyone accepts money in exchange for goods and services. The money accepted can be spent immediately or stored as cash or banked to be retrieved later to be spent or invested in another asset that may be more productive as a store of value. Finding a relatively secure investment with high returns is a big challenge these days.

Money is not the only asset used to store value to be retrieved, exchange, or transferred at a later time. The other assets commonly used to store value are precious metals like gold and silver. Real estate, collectibles, stock ownership in a company, and other financial instruments such as bonds, and treasury bills are also commonly used to store value. They all have inherent risks and potential for value appreciation. In general, the higher the risks, the higher the returns.

Timing in buying in at the early stage of an upward trend can yield huge appreciation as in the case of gold, which went from under $300 in 2000 to as high as $1,900 per ounce in 2011. Gold has been the best store of value during this period. As such it deserves a closer look.

Massive creation of new money by the Federal Reserve through the policy of Quantitative Easing to pump up the weak economy and to finance the staggering Federal deficit of over $17 trillion with low interest has put great pressure on the US dollar resulting in significant lost of value against the value of gold. If the US dollar continues to lose its value, as many are predicting, will the price of gold continue to increase? Will gold continue to be the best store of value?

To gain a better understanding on the dynamics of devaluation and value appreciation of an asset stored over time when measured against the US dollar, we need to realize that gold is also currency. It is a commodity currency. To be brief, our discussion is limited to the following currencies:

1.   Money -  a fiat currency:

Money is a legal tender created and controlled by a government. In the case of United States, massive amount of new money can be created based on the decision of political appointee administers (Federal Reserve – Board of Governors) Its supply is relative scarce, controlled through managing money supply. It is durable, portable and transferable. Unlike gold it is fungible and divisible to the extent that it is mutually interchangeable in whole or in part.

As the US government federal deficit and trade deficit continues to grow rapidly, the pressure on the value of the US dollar increases, leading to further lost of confidence in the US dollar resulting in further devaluation. Perhaps the biggest fear is a dramatic increase in interest rate. It will have a crippling effect on the value of the US dollar, various currencies closely aligned with the US dollar. This will be extremely damaging to the world economy. The Federal Reserve may not like to see another bull run in gold for this very reason.  http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/01/17/hows-whys-gold-price-manipulation/

2.    Gold - a commodity currency:

Gold is more durable than fiat currency. It is definitely scarce and cannot be cost effectively reproduced to increase supply. It is not as portable as money, especially involving cross-border transfer. It is not fungible or easily divisible. It is not a good medium of exchange but has served well as a good store of value.

A dramatic increase in the price of gold could immediately cause very damaging chain reactions. My sense is that the US government has been doing everything possible to prevent this from happening. Consequently, I would conclude that another round of rapid gold price increase is not likely.

Bloomberg.com reported 8-14-2013 that “Damage of Declining Gold Prices Felt Globally” and added “A 12-Year Bull Market Crashes:” It reported that “During a 12-year bull market, gold was promoted as a hedge against inflation, a store of value and a spectacular investment in its own right.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/infographics/2013-08-14/gold-price-decline-felt-around-the-world.html

3.   DNotes – a digital currency:

Call it property as the IRS would, a clone of Bitcoin, or virtual currency, DNotes is a digital currency meeting all the functions of money, with added advantages and enhancements:

Unit of Account:

Being traded on 5 exchanges at around 1,000 Satoshis or $0.005, a value on DNotes has been established.

Store of Value:

DNotes is the most consisting performer in value appreciation among over 400 crypto currencies. http://coinmarketcap.com/  From a low price of 41 Satoshis, on March 25, 2014 DNotes has consistently established higher highs and higher lows. It has been delivering a spectacular reliable long term appreciation for almost six months (a long time in the crypto world) without exception. With around 90 million DNotes issued to date, a maximum limit of 500 million DNotes, and a market cap of around $500,000, DNotes long-term stunning performance is likely continue for years to come.

None the less, this should be considered as a high risk investment with no assurances that the same rate of value appreciation is sustainable. It should be treated as a high risk investment with potential high return. Do not invest more that you can afford to lose. It should be limited not to exceed a small percentage of your investment portfolio, depending on your risk appetite.

Once again please participate with your comments and questions.

I like to cover the pros and cons of Bitcoin, and adoption by merchant and consumers next. In an effort to be more objective, I like to invite you to do your research and post your findings and comments. That will make it much more interesting, hopefully more objective and less self-serving.

Great points Dyna. I especially like that supply of DNotes cannot be increased after 500MM coins have been generated. US dollar carries a risk of devaluation just by fed printing more money (as you have correctly noted). Also if US government takes on too much debt, dollar devalues. Thus a fiat currency carries both monetary policy and fiscal policy risks. These are absent in DNotes (as in other digital currencies). Thus digital currencies (at least when we just consider just monetary and fiscal policy risks) are better stores of value. So one could say that from an industry perspective this is one advantage over fiat currencies.
cryptomoms

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:39:07 AM

http://www.gofundme.com/e0cy6g 

Please spread the word guys thanks.

:-D

Posted on the CryptoMoms twitter account PEACEOFWAR. Don't forget to post here:
http://cryptomoms.com/forum/crowd-funding/10/

Good luck! Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

Heya Mike,

If this is your first time opening the wallet, it will take a while to sync depending on your computer. If the green bar at the bottom is moving it is downloading properly. If you don't have any connections to the network (wifi looking icon in the bottom right will show you the number of connections) you may want to add the latest nodes to your DNotes.conf file.

Close the wallet.

or

If DNotes.conf is not already in this folder, create a new text file and name it DNotes.conf.

addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

Start the wallet.

If it isn't updating but you do have connections, you will want to delete the old blockchain files to restart the download.

Close the wallet.

or

Delete blk*.dat

Start the wallet.

If you have any problems, please feel free to respond here or send me an email contact@dnotescoin.com.

I just want to point out this process to resolve these types of issues are overly complicated for the average user and we are addressing this in our updates to prevent these issues and also make them easier to fix for the user.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

Perhaps a button in the wallet to download the latest conf file from the dnotes website.  Seems like that would be an easy fix

Heya Mike,

Close the wallet.

or

addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

Start the wallet.

Close the wallet.

or

Delete blk*.dat

Start the wallet.

I just want to point out this process to resolve these types of issues are overly complicated for the average user and we are addressing this in our updates to prevent these issues and also make them easier to fix for the user.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:20:57 PM

Bitcoin Notes:

1.  By now we have all heard that the premature merchant acceptance of Bitcoin and the subsequent immediate selling of it for fiat, makes price stability challenging.  There is another obstacle that may be standing in the way of large corporations holding onto it after receiving it as payment.

"Under the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), corporations may not be able to count bitcoin holdings as a hedge against currency risk due to the volatile nature of the digital currency. They may instead have to count bitcoin assets as a speculative position, which would increase their risk profile.  In other words, large merchants can’t be relied on to drive bitcoin demand, nor are they long-term holders of the digital currency."   

- http://www.coindesk.com/citi-miners-merchants-keeping-bitcoin-prices-check/

2.  This is an article on OTC (over-the-counter) trading of large blocks of Bitcoin - this may come in handy for DNotes one day!

- http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-brokers-trade-millions-without-exchange/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Bitcoin Notes:

1.  By now we have all heard that the premature merchant acceptance of Bitcoin and the subsequent immediate selling of it for fiat, makes price stability challenging.  There is another obstacle that may be standing in the way of large corporations holding onto it after receiving it as payment.

"Under the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), corporations may not be able to count bitcoin holdings as a hedge against currency risk due to the volatile nature of the digital currency. They may instead have to count bitcoin assets as a speculative position, which would increase their risk profile.  In other words, large merchants can’t be relied on to drive bitcoin demand, nor are they long-term holders of the digital currency."   

- http://www.coindesk.com/citi-miners-merchants-keeping-bitcoin-prices-check/

2.  This is an article on OTC (over-the-counter) trading of large blocks of Bitcoin - this may come in handy for DNotes one day!

- http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-brokers-trade-millions-without-exchange/

Thank you, Chase. Your inputs and reference materials are very helpful. Let's hope to hear from many more of you.  That is how we can be more objective and creditable.

Bitcoin has been doing a tremendous job, for which we have a lot to be grateful.  For DNotes to take full advantage of Bitcoin’s technology it is prudent for us to clearly understand the strengths and weaknesses of Bitcoin and the industry ecosystem. The most productive ways for DNotes to contribute to our industry is identify obstacles and weaknesses with earnest commitments and efforts to facilitate improvements. Your participation in pointing out rooms for improvements will be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:44:00 AM

Paypal to allow Bitcoin processing...

http://altcoinpress.com/2014/09/breaking-ebay-announces-paypal-bitcoin-integration/

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: