Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 03:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:33:01 PM

in poloniex 3 btc available to buy fast in dnotes coin from 990 to 1028

not usuall see this big bag of dnotes for sell

Just spent 1.53299888 BTC and bought 153,875 DNotes at Poloniex. I will set aside 100,000 of it to be given away to CR.I.S.P. for kids when we launch the project later next month. This large family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Investment Saving Plans) will be launched over the next six months supported with full press releases. They will evolve around Cryptomoms. The potential for DNotes is huge. We are looking forward to the full support from our community.

Dyna:

I will match your contribution for the CRISP program for kids. I have set aside 100,000 DNotes for that program. I will also support the CRISP program for students by offering another 100,000 DNotes for the Student CRISP Program.

Both these programs deserve our full support........I hope to be able to help hundreds, if not thousands of kids be able to get the education needed in the future..........

Uncle Kevin

Thanks, Smokeys. That is very generous of you and quite a vote of confidence. I am sure we all appreciate that very much.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:03:05 PM

thanks dina for help to beat the wall sell, it can stop trade for a few days and for your donation to CRISPTs

i hope can buy some btc this week, is bad see a lot of really cheap dnotes and cant buy them all XD
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:49:28 PM

thanks dina for help to beat the wall sell, it can stop trade for a few days and for your donation to CRISPTs

i hope can buy some btc this week, is bad see a lot of really cheap dnotes and cant buy them all XD

Thank you very much for your support for DNotes. DNotes is attracting a lot more traders these days. This increases the trading volume creating better liquidity but it also widens the trading range. We have been studying the inherent problems of our industry very carefully and will continue to actively fine tune our strategies and execution. We are confident that DNotes is well positioned to make solid progress over time; slowly but surely. We expect our CR.I.S.Ps. to do very well within one year. That will also be the lead-in to our merchant accounts which we trust will be very successful because of our well cordinated strategies supported by a stable currency.
kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:06:57 AM

please can anyone tell me the current wallet version thanks
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:09:36 AM

V 1.1.0.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:26:03 AM

V 1.1.0.0

You got it! Thanks CryptoBroker79

Micrux

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:34:52 AM

Hey Mike I wasn't aware of the upgrade very cool.  I've been doing really Well with my hashlets.  Have 10 Mhz of my own so far, and 283 Zen Solo's that I co funded with my extended family as a Family Farm.  Reinvesting all into new equipment.  Very exciting. Hope your move goes well Mike.

You weren't kidding when you said you were creating a mini farm.

Good luck with your move Micrux, moving locally?

Woah.. That's a nice little Farm you got going there... and here I thought I was doing good with 167 Primes, 8 Solos, and a 90 GH in Genesis... 

And semi locally,  about 1.5 hours away... Still working in the corporate cesspool..   At least for a while until things hit the moon Wink
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:55:10 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 02:11:44 PM by Dyna

Hey Mike I wasn't aware of the upgrade very cool.  I've been doing really Well with my hashlets.  Have 10 Mhz of my own so far, and 283 Zen Solo's that I co funded with my extended family as a Family Farm.  Reinvesting all into new equipment.  Very exciting. Hope your move goes well Mike.

Woah.. That's a nice little Farm you got going there... and here I thought I was doing good with 167 Primes, 8 Solos, and a 90 GH in Genesis...  

And semi locally,  about 1.5 hours away... Still working in the corporate cesspool..   At least for a while until things hit the moon Wink

Good luck with your move, Micrux. I am still looking forward to meeting you one day. Your new location is two hours from me. I am planning to do some travel around a 3 hours driving radius visiting universities, colleges, and businesses over the next few months. This is our first phase of business development for DNotes and Cryptomoms. We believe in building a solid foundation from our home base and fine tune our business model while it is still in a small scale.

Our industry is experiencing fairly serious growing pains. With Bitcoin price struggling to stay above $400, hundreds of coins are struggling to stay alive. This should not be such a surprise. Highly speculative environment always comes to an end after enough people got burnt, perhaps a few too many times. However, some level of speculation will continue, hopefully not as rampant.

As an industry, we need Bitcoin to do well. Bitcoin is our anchor. What is good for Bitcoin, it is good for our industry. We follow Bitcoin very closely and make every attempt learn and adjust where we can. I am personally extremely impressed that Bitcoin has been doing a great job in multiple fronts in promoting widespread adoption. The ups and downs of our industry will continue. However, digital currency is here to stay. DNotes will play a very important role, reaching out to many different segments of the population around the world who could benefit from the growing value of our currency. Our large family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Invest Saving Plans) will play a lead role in building the next generation of DNotes stakeholders, including many who are not yet part of our industry.  

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:45:11 PM

Just spent 1.53299888 BTC and bought 153,875 DNotes at Poloniex. I will set aside 100,000 of it to be given away to CR.I.S.P. for kids when we launch the project later next month. This large family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Investment Saving Plans) will be launched over the next six months supported with full press releases. They will evolve around Cryptomoms. The potential for DNotes is huge. We are looking forward to the full support from our community.

Thanks Dyna! I appreciate that you often take money from your own pocket to invest in the growth of DNotes. The CR.I.S.P. programs have a massive potential impact on the future of DNotes, building on our core fundamentals in many ways. The most obvious to me is utilizing it as a vehicle to grow the number of personally invested DNotes supporters.

The CR.I.S.P. programs also create a savings environment for DNotes and may help open people up to the possibility of saving CryptoCurrency for the long term. One thing I feel is lacking in the rest of our industry and has the potential to effect long term stability and growth potential of a CryptoCurrency.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:24:18 AM

Coinbase has been doing a lot of things right.  The following article is worth reading:

Ex-Goldman Trader Aims to Bring Bitcoin to the Masses

“ ………. Right now, it’s just about making people feel safe and secure,” Ehrsam says in an interview at Coinbase’s headquarters. Coinbase looks like a startup, with rows of industrial-sized Apple computers on Ikea tables, except that it’s on the 26th floor of a building in San Francisco’s financial district, nestled among the very banks bitcoin lovers love to hate.”

Read more:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-09-30/coinbase-leads-move-to-bring-bitcoin-to-masses
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:15:41 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 02:24:46 AM by CryptoBroker79

Thanks Dyna! I appreciate that you often take money from your own pocket to invest in the growth of DNotes. The CR.I.S.P. programs have a massive potential impact on the future of DNotes, building on our core fundamentals in many ways. The most obvious to me is utilizing it as a vehicle to grow the number of personally invested DNotes supporters.

The CR.I.S.P. programs also create a savings environment for DNotes and may help open people up to the possibility of saving CryptoCurrency for the long term. One thing I feel is lacking in the rest of our industry and has the potential to effect long term stability and growth potential of a CryptoCurrency.

That's a great point, I'm extremely excited for these CR.I.S.P. programs and how they will impact DNotes!

FF4DC will contribute DNotes to any Firefighters or Fire organizations that sign up for a CR.I.S.P.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 01:56:57 AM

Just stopped by before settling down for the night to share this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuAOHUdnMY
Which if you are unfamiliar was a computer made by Dauphin, Dyna's company. While reading the comments it felt like walking down memory lane. Went a little further and did a search on Google for "dtr computer".

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:07:21 PM

From Cryptomoms Forum:

Quote from: Ashley on Today at 12:07:48 AM

What do you think the chances are of this happening??

"Texas: Future Headquarters Of Bitcoin" - http://bitcoinmagazine.com/16817/texas-headquarters-of-bitcoin/

This is too early to call. Texas certainly has among the most favorable Business Tax Climate and has done well in job creation. Digital currency has a huge potential in both job and wealth creation. Politicians are beginning to sense that, and less likely to express hostile sentiments against Bitcoin as Sen. Joe Manchin did when he called for a Ban on Bitcoin:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/26/sen-joe-manchin-calls-for-a-bitcoin-ban-as-regulators-seek-accelerated-push/

Digital currency will go down in history as one of the greatest technology revolutions of mankind. It is also the most disruptive with the potential to transform global and financial services.  Its positive and negative impacts will be far reaching and massive with frequent ups and downs and constant adjustments. There will be a lot of growing pains as we are already witnessing today. It will take as a lot longer to get “there” than we had wished.

Somehow I feel like I was one of the actors in this kind of movie before. It was called “Apple Newton verses Dauphin DTR” http://articles.chicagotribune.com/keyword/hand-held-computer/recent/2
http://randoc.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/dauphin-dtr-1/

That was twenty years ago. The Ipad and Iphone today are almost perfect, but may be not. There is always room for improvement.

There are good reasons why DNotes is going slow and easy. The technology of cryptocurrency is solid but still with much room for improvement. This is the phase where a lot of missionary work needs to be done. Until then mass consumer and merchant adoption is just work in progress.

Hope you are beginning to see how our CR.I.S.Ps. will fit well in fulfilling this vision. This is the ground floor and we are leaving the door wide opened to welcome the next generations of DNotes stakeholders.

Please share your comments. Thanks.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:10:13 PM

Hey Mike I wasn't aware of the upgrade very cool.  I've been doing really Well with my hashlets.  Have 10 Mhz of my own so far, and 283 Zen Solo's that I co funded with my extended family as a Family Farm.  Reinvesting all into new equipment.  Very exciting. Hope your move goes well Mike.

And semi locally,  about 1.5 hours away... Still working in the corporate cesspool..   At least for a while until things hit the moon Wink

Good luck with your move, Micrux. I am still looking forward to meeting you one day. Your new location is two hours from me. I am planning to do some travel around a 3 hours driving radius visiting universities, colleges, and businesses over the next few months. This is our first phase of business development for DNotes and Cryptomoms. We believe in building a solid foundation from our home base and fine tune our business model while it is still in a small scale.

Our industry is experiencing fairly serious growing pains. With Bitcoin price struggling to stay above $400, hundreds of coins are struggling to stay alive. This should not be such a surprise. Highly speculative environment always comes to an end after enough people got burnt, perhaps a few too many times. However, some level of speculation will continue, hopefully not as rampant.

As an industry, we need Bitcoin to do well. Bitcoin is our anchor. What is good for Bitcoin, it is good for our industry. We follow Bitcoin very closely and make every attempt learn and adjust where we can. I am personally extremely impressed that Bitcoin has been doing a great job in multiple fronts in promoting widespread adoption. The ups and downs of our industry will continue. However, digital currency is here to stay. DNotes will play a very important role, reaching out to many different segments of the population around the world who could benefit from the growing value of our currency. Our large family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Invest Saving Plans) will play a lead role in building the next generation of DNotes stakeholders, including many who are not yet part of our industry.  

I believe the end of the speculative phase in Bitcoin is a healthy thing for the coin.  It means that it is starting to be used as a tool of commerce like the currency we all want it to be.  With the adoption ever growing more and more people are using Bitcoin to purchase items and services all the time.  This is great but it has one caveat.  This places a lot of downward pressure on the price of Bitcoin due to the fact that most of the Bitcoin accepted in commerce is immediately converted to fiat currency.  These constant sale orders push your price down. This is fine, a natural step in the evolution of Bitcoin.  Where this needs to go, and will eventually get too, is for You the consumer to be able to take your Bitcoin and spend them at a retailer, that retailer to take the bitcoin and pay their supplier, who can then pay the manufacturer who will pay employees in Bitcoin, who can then begin the cycle again.  When you have this full end to end economy then you will see the true value price on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general and then we can all ride them to the moon.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:23:32 PM

This is pretty hard to ignore. Serious players and well funded investors are getting in the action. Without a solid plan and well executed strategies, many altcoins will not survive for long.

It will be quite burdensome for Reddit to have their own currency. But when time and money are not show stoppers, I believe they can pull it off. Meeting all the SEC and other regulatory requirements will be very challenging and time consuming. This is actually very good for our industry. I will be following this closely.

Reddit Considering Its Own Cryptocurrency after $ 50M Funding Round, $500M Valuation

"The popular online forum recently conducted a round of Series B financing and was able to raise US $50 million on a US $500 million valuation. This single round was one of the largest in history and was led by people like Sam Altman, CEO of Y Combinator. Altman led the group and was joined by Andreesen Horowitz of Sequoia Capital, Peter Thiel, Ron Conway, Snoop Dog, and Reddit CEO Yishan Wong.

The bigger news for the cryptoworld however, is that the company wants to give something back to its users and supporters according to the company’s blog post. In this spirit, they plan to take a portion of the funds raised and redistribute it out to these groups. While most of the funding will go to staff expansion and new product development, community management and better moderation tools, at least 10% will be redirected to investors and community members. Interestingly enough, Reddit was formed in 2004 by Alexis Ohanian and Steve Huffman, with Y Combinator.

Reddit CEO Wong said on the blog:

“We are thinking about creating a cryptocurrency and making it exchangeable (backed) by those shares of Reddit, and then distributing the currency to the community. The investors have explicitly agreed to this in their investment terms."

Read more:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112651/reddit-considering-its-own-cryptocurrency-after-50m-funding-round-500m-valuation
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:37:25 AM

I believe the end of the speculative phase in Bitcoin is a healthy thing for the coin.  It means that it is starting to be used as a tool of commerce like the currency we all want it to be.  With the adoption ever growing more and more people are using Bitcoin to purchase items and services all the time.  This is great but it has one caveat.  This places a lot of downward pressure on the price of Bitcoin due to the fact that most of the Bitcoin accepted in commerce is immediately converted to fiat currency.  These constant sale orders push your price down. This is fine, a natural step in the evolution of Bitcoin.  Where this needs to go, and will eventually get too, is for You the consumer to be able to take your Bitcoin and spend them at a retailer, that retailer to take the bitcoin and pay their supplier, who can then pay the manufacturer who will pay employees in Bitcoin, who can then begin the cycle again.  When you have this full end to end economy then you will see the true value price on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general and then we can all ride them to the moon.

Some level of speculation will continue. The rampant industry wide speculation will eventually end. It looks like Bitcoin price will remain under pressure and likely maxed out at $500 over the near term. Due to weak growth in demand there seems to be an over supply of Bitcoins from miners and merchants. This is a typical growing pain. The Bitcoin industry has been doing a great job promoting awareness and adoption. Over the longer term, the true value of Bitcoin and a few surviving cryptocurriencies will do very well.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:44:06 AM

Some level of speculation will continue. The rampant industry wide speculation will eventually end. It looks like Bitcoin price will remain under pressure and likely maxed out at $500 over the near term. Due to weak growth in demand there seems to be an over supply of Bitcoins from miners and merchants. This is a typical growing pain. The Bitcoin industry has been doing a great job promoting awareness and adoption. Over the longer term, the true value of Bitcoin and a few surviving cryptocurriencies will do very well.

I'm banking on that same theory, my list of surviving coins will be very short and DNotes is my favorite horse in the race.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:22:04 AM

Bill Gates on Bitcoin

http://www.coindesk.com/bill-gates-bitcoin-highlights-utility-digital-money/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:03:34 PM

Having met Bill Gates personally, a couple of times, in the capacity as CEO of Dauphin Technology, a mobile computer company, in the early 1990s, I am still one of his biggest fans.

While some might be disappointed that he did not come across as well informed on the current affairs of Bitcoin, he made an amazing case that applies to DNotes perfectly:  

The customers we’re talking about aren’t trying to be anonymous, they’re willing to be known, so bitcoin technology is key and you can add to it or you could build a similar technology where there’s enough attribution where people feel comfortable that this is nothing to do with terrorism or any type of money laundering.”

DNotes primary targets are customers who are not trying to be anonymous when they acquire or spend DNotes. It is a trustworthy currency positioned to meet the full functions of money and more, with limited features of anonymity rendering it a poor choice for terrorism and money laundering activities.

I firmly believe that many in our industry are making a fundamental mistake of targeting their currencies to meet the preferences of the early adaptors already part of our industry, instead of the masses world wide.

Bill Gates is a visionary, proven many times over. I proudly treat his comments as a confirmation that DNotes is on the right track. By definition “visionaries” are not “me too”. They often go against the “herd mentality” of following the crowd. Being alone or among the very few can be challenging sometime. As always, your participation and support are well appreciated.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:02:32 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:02:43 PM by CryptoBroker79

Having met Bill Gates personally, a couple of times, in the capacity as CEO of Dauphin Technology, a mobile computer company, in the early 1990s, I am still one of his biggest fans.

While some might be disappointed that he did not come across as well informed on the current affairs of Bitcoin, he made an amazing case that applies to DNotes perfectly:  

The customers we’re talking about aren’t trying to be anonymous, they’re willing to be known, so bitcoin technology is key and you can add to it or you could build a similar technology where there’s enough attribution where people feel comfortable that this is nothing to do with terrorism or any type of money laundering.”

DNotes primary targets are customers who are not trying to be anonymous when they acquire or spend DNotes. It is a trustworthy currency positioned to meet the full functions of money and more, with limited features of anonymity rendering it a poor choice for terrorism and money laundering activities.

I firmly believe that many in our industry are making a fundamental mistake of targeting their currencies to meet the preferences of the early adaptors already part of our industry, instead of the masses world wide.

Bill Gates is a visionary, proven many times over. I proudly treat his comments as a confirmation that DNotes is on the right track. By definition “visionaries” are not “me too”. They often go against the “herd mentality” of following the crowd. Being alone or among the very few can be challenging sometime. As always, your participation and support are well appreciated.

That's quite the honour! I've always admired his various philanthropic endeavours, which have inspired me to take on my own (there will be more than just FF4DC).

You must have networked with all kinds of high status business people as CEO with Dauphin Technology. That experience will go a long way in mainstream crypto adoption, and is already HIGHLY evident when stacked up against other coins.

As days go by, i feel safer and safer with my investment in the DNotes blockchain. When the government starts regulating crypto more proactively, I'll be happy that DNotes is not an anonymous blockchain, but a trusted one with credible people.

Off topic, but how do you think fractional reserve banking could affect crypto and when would it come into play?
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: