Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔵🔵🔵[ANN] Covalent.ai – A Smart Policy Platform 🔵🔵🔵  (Read 50768 times)
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 01:12:38 AM

It's not so much being in debt it's just losses escalate faster, so say you have a 10$ that you leverage 10:1 that means you can buy 100$ worth of something, but if the market moves against you loses are 10:1 as well, so you'll get a margin call once you can't cover the principal is how i understand it to work. The thing is it works the other way too so gains are also seen as 10:1 in my example

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:12:09 AM

I just found out COVA tokens could be mined much more easily on the mainnet as long as you have a computer with Inter CPU, you can join the network and mine COVA.

Yeah, but that'll be only possible when the CovaChain mainnet goes live. Right now COVA only has tokens on the Ethereum blockchain and these can't be mined.

The launching of Covalent mainnet would make a lot of difference. We could mine these tokens and make profits. Btw would cova tokens be moved from ether chain to cova. ?

I think there was a discussion recently, but I forgot the result:-)
Some say there will be two tokens, others say there will be a swap and then only one token.  I am also of the opinion that there will be a swap.

I honestly it would be nice if they keep the mainnet for later; i think they should fully be in control of the testnet before moving forward. based on the status site it looks like they are lower in number of nodes compared to when they began.

AngelJoshua

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:49:40 PM

I just found out COVA tokens could be mined much more easily on the mainnet as long as you have a computer with Inter CPU, you can join the network and mine COVA.

Yeah, but that'll be only possible when the CovaChain mainnet goes live. Right now COVA only has tokens on the Ethereum blockchain and these can't be mined.

The launching of Covalent mainnet would make a lot of difference. We could mine these tokens and make profits. Btw would cova tokens be moved from ether chain to cova. ?

Some say there will be two tokens, others say there will be a swap and then only one token.  I am also of the opinion that there will be a swap.

I honestly it would be nice if they keep the mainnet for later; i think they should fully be in control of the testnet before moving forward. based on the status site it looks like they are lower in number of nodes compared to when they began.

Agree, They must really have some good more results on testnet before they fully move forward to the main net.  But I think it will really going to be good sooner or later they will going to give more info about it.

At your service
Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 03:18:44 PM

It's not so much being in debt it's just losses escalate faster, so say you have a 10$ that you leverage 10:1 that means you can buy 100$ worth of something, but if the market moves against you loses are 10:1 as well, so you'll get a margin call once you can't cover the principal is how i understand it to work. The thing is it works the other way too so gains are also seen as 10:1 in my example

Right, this is another way to view the subject matter. In any case, it is a process that involves gains and losses, like a two edged sword, it can go anyway in an instant, this is why it is a risky process.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:26:03 PM

Agree, They must really have some good more results on testnet before they fully move forward to the main net.  But I think it will really going to be good sooner or later they will going to give more info about it.

Yes, the testnet has to be successful enough to attract investors, that's a key area to emphasize on and will help in the modification of the brand to a much more flexible platform for use, investors and the community will be focused on that critical moment to actually know if they will invest and if potential partners will come in and use the platform
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:41:34 PM

Yes, we had this discussion and if I remember correctly, they will have 2 different tokens. So no swap as far as I know. But I could be wrong. Best is to keep checking their Telegram. If there are any news, I am sure they will announce it there.
Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 09:42:39 PM

Yes, we had this discussion and if I remember correctly, they will have 2 different tokens. So no swap as far as I know. But I could be wrong. Best is to keep checking their Telegram. If there are any news, I am sure they will announce it there.

Definitely, Telegram is the best place to get whatever information we might need but if truly there will be two tokens, I find it strange because there is definitely no need for having two of the same token. Best is to have a token swap if you ask me
faulerwilli

Activity: 966
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:24:03 PM

Is it possible that you accidentally posted this posting in the wrong thread? :-)
At least I can't see any connection with Cova.
cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:01:47 PM

Any blockchain events or meetups coming up soon that the COVA team will be attending? I thought I read something about a tour that Raymond & Vincent would be going on around different places in Asia, I can't find it now though.

em777

Activity: 574

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 11:54:27 PM

I don't think it will be wise for them to have two tokens I believe they will swap or still retain they old token. We all have to wait and see

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 01:31:32 AM

No to my knowledge it's just a placeholder token for early dealing with holders for the owners for early distribution and will be swapped thats literally how 100% of projects i've ever seen have dealt with that kind of situation... ok theirs a few projects that do it differently for special reasons but thats rare
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 03:09:59 AM

Covalent is quickly getting attention from both Blockchain and non Blockchain based firms. It’s a project that could be adopted across all industries. Every firm needs to protect its users information. That’s on vital part of security.

Its non-blockchain attention its getting inspires me to believe in the longevity of the project
This type of project is hard to come by even in the traditional situation however I think they are going to take even longer to get the necessary adoptions

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:13:29 AM

Covalent is quickly getting attention from both Blockchain and non Blockchain based firms. It’s a project that could be adopted across all industries. Every firm needs to protect its users information. That’s on vital part of security.

Its non-blockchain attention its getting inspires me to believe in the longevity of the project
This type of project is hard to come by even in the traditional situation however I think they are going to take even longer to get the necessary adoptions

It would be interesting to see how the different blockchain solutions would react with the new Ethereum update to happen. I think the update would help many projects in a good way of course.

AngelJoshua

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:00:26 PM

Definitely, Telegram is the best place to get whatever information we might need but if truly there will be two tokens, I find it strange because there is definitely no need for having two of the same token. Best is to have a token swap if you ask me

I totally agree with that instead of having two different tokens they must swap it instead except if those tokens have a different features or benefits on the project?

At your service
CrypticBabe

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 02:29:05 PM

I totally agree with that instead of having two different tokens they must swap it instead except if those tokens have a different features or benefits on the project?
Did they announced when they will release their main net with their very own currency?
I've checked their public testnet and its fully operational with no bugs so far! So they should release it soon!
gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:15:34 PM

Did they announced when they will release their main net with their very own currency?
I've checked their public testnet and its fully operational with no bugs so far! So they should release it soon!

I dont know where all this confusion is coming from, they have said it that the cova token will remain on th ethereum blockchain. which means that there will be no cova token on their main net.
Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:35:17 PM

Some say there will be two tokens, others say there will be a swap and then only one token.  I am also of the opinion that there will be a swap.

By 2 tokens, does it mean they both will be functional or only one of them will be functional?, this is my first time of hearing about this and i think an in-depth knowledge of the process is required in order to give the community a clear vision of what they intend they do and i will also love to have the link where i can read about the swap statement
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:21:59 PM

By 2 tokens, does it mean they both will be functional or only one of them will be functional?, this is my first time of hearing about this and i think an in-depth knowledge of the process is required in order to give the community a clear vision of what they intend they do and i will also love to have the link where i can read about the swap statement

Well, I can only quote you, what an admin from their Telegram group posted some time ago:

"Regarding the chain, we have two chains at the moment: 1. one on ETH network. This one is just for a secure transaction and smart contracts 2. CovaChain. This is where we store metadata and encrypted secret bits (which are put together by routing nodes to generate decryption keys). ETH network is not suitable for this as storing larger data on ETH is still cost prohibitive. In addition, abstract our collection of TEE nodes are part of this CovaChain as it provides secure computation infrastructure."
em777

Activity: 574

when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 06:28:41 PM

I dont know where all this confusion is coming from, they have said it that the cova token will remain on th ethereum blockchain. which means that there will be no cova token on their main net.

That means their mainnet will be use for running cove protocols, that makes a lot sense given the fact that they need it to be fairly fast  and secured

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 07:57:36 PM

Is it possible that you accidentally posted this posting in the wrong thread? :-)
At least I can't see any connection with Cova.

No, it's no accident at all  Smiley, he is explaining the concept of margin trade as COVA has been announced to be eligible for margin trade on the Bitmax exchange and somebody wanted to understand how margin trade works. His explanation is actually superb!  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: