Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client  (Read 274473 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:20:34 PM

By the way... the problem became solved somehow now. The transactions show up normally now. I don't know what changed.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:46:04 AM

Is there a problem with Label Sync? I had one, my biggest, electrum wallet today having a lot of holes in the labels of transactions. I tried force download but nothing changed. Restart didn't help either.

Is there a limit of labels? I have a couple of wallets storing labels on the same account.

I hope i did not lose too many labels, will try to recover some, with force upload, from backed up previous wallet versions.

Normally i had lost labels only when i had no label sync on. But i have it enabled since a long time and it prevented that problem. So this is the first time.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 01:28:42 PM

First time I hear of a problem. Server is still running smoothly as far as I can tell. Which Electrum version are you using?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:26:23 PM

First time I hear of a problem. Server is still running smoothly as far as I can tell. Which Electrum version are you using?

2.5.2 portable. The wallet in question is pretty old, with thousands of addresses and transactions. There is no limit that could be hit?

And since force download did not work, can it somehow happen that empty labels are uploaded so that downloading does have no effect? Otherwise i wonder how the server can't find labels for it anymore.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:11:04 PM

I now tried to repair the problem. I have 4 older backups of electrum version including their portable directory. I found that all versions have some labels missing. Though newer versions have labels missing that exist in older versions still. So labels are lost still.

Since that did not happen with wallets that don't have so many transactions i think it must have to do with the amount of transactions in that wallet. You sure there is no database limit of some kind?

I can give you the code for the labelsync if that helps. It looks to me like labels are gone missing over time.

The oldest version was 2.1. and because many labels still exist there i tried to force download the newest labels so that i then can force upload the newest together with the old labels that are missing in the newest version. But when i downloaded i got an error window, after it worked on it for some seconds, but the window had no message.

Any idea on that?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 08:23:52 PM

Any idea how to fix the label issue?

Was the server code checked for potential limits that could lead to loss of labels?

To be safe i don't use that old wallet now anymore though it would be good when i would have the labels that are missing back. Maybe only the connection is lost that these labels belong to that wallet?

Can a developer help with that?

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:59:18 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 07:33:08 AM by mmortal03

Running Electrum from the Python source code requires Python 2.7, correct? It didn't seem to work for me when using 3.4.

If this is the case, it would be very helpful to specify this on the download page, under "Installation from Python sources": https://electrum.org/#download
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:32:27 AM

Also, the order of operations of the usage line of "python electrum help" seems to be wrong.

Code:
usage: electrum [-h] [-v] [-P] [-w WALLET_PATH] [-o] <command> ...

It shows that -P or -w should precede the command, however, -P or -w actually need to appear *after* the command.

For example, the following doesn't list the addresses from the portable directory, it lists them from the default Electrum wallet path on the system:

Code:
electrum -P listaddresses

The following works, listing the addresses from the portable directory's "electrum_data\wallets" folder:
Code:
electrum listaddresses -P
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:11:51 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 08:23:37 AM by mmortal03

Daemon mode is broken under Windows.  Os.fork() cannot be used as it is not platform independent - it's a Linux-only function AFAIK.

Yeah, this is a major bummer.  I was hoping to call some Electrum functions from Python, but some of them use 'fork'.  Isn't there another way?!?  Huh

I found the above in an older thread, while searching for a workaround.

I noticed that you can get around this issue, at least somewhat functionally, by installing Python within Cygwin using the Cygwin installer, and then running Electrum from Cygwin.

I ran a quick test of this by starting up the daemon and trying to send a transaction, and while it did generate a valid, raw hexadecimal transaction, it didn't seem to broadcast it. I only tested this once, and didn't dig any deeper. I was able to paste the transaction hex into BlockCypher and successfully broadcast it that way, so, at least we know the transaction syntax is generated properly within this emulation.

Just now I tried running the daemon again, and checked its status (see below), and that looks okay, so the issue behind the transaction not being broadcast is something less obviously not working.

Code:
{
    "auto_connect": true,
    "blockchain_height": 394588,
    "connected": true,
    "nodes": [
        "ulrichard.ch:50002:s",
        "electrum3.hachre.de:50002:s",
        "electrum.top-master.com:50002:s",
        "arcadia.bauerj.eu:50002:s",
        "electrum.no-ip.org:50002:s",
        "us.electrum.be:50002:s"
    ],
    "path": "/cygdrive/c/electrum_python/electrum_data",
    "server": "electrum.top-master.com",
    "server_height": 394588
}
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

I already mentioned it in the other thread though no solution. Everytime i open my old and big escrow wallet, which has a lot long labels for both addresses and transactions, i have to see that again a number of labels vanished. Simply lost. Force Download does not work at all to regain those labels. And when i restart then i see again more labels missing.

I doubt it is coming from my local label storage since at the time i did not use labelsync i lost all labels when the db was corrupted. Now i lose only some. It seems like they are lost or overwritten with empty labels or something.

Please can someone check the server if these labels are still there? I manage a couple of wallets with the same handle for the server. Though i think only this one wallet has this problem. I didn't start my other big wallet yet in order to prevent this from happening there too. But the labels there are way way shorter so maybe it's some thing of total bytes stored.

I hope these labels are still in the database somewhere.

Thanks!

sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 280

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:25:45 PM

Hello, I hope someone can help an Electrum newbie:

I am running Electrum on Linux Mint 17.2.

Today I wanted to fire up the wallet from my menu but it simply does nothing.

Starting it in a terminal with "Electrum --help" gives me the output:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/electrum", line 48, in <module>
    imp.load_module('electrum', *imp.find_module('lib'))
ImportError: No module named lib

I'm not aware to have made any changes to my configuration or libraries except the usual suggested security updates.

What am I to do?

Thanks a bunch!

Do you mean nothing happens when you try to open it ? I had this kind of issue on my Windows version sometime ago , all I needed to do is removing the .config  file which should be find on the AppData folder , I assume that Linux Mint have something simillar to that , if yes then try to remove the file like I told you , that should do the job .

Yes, nothing happens. And no, deleting the config didn't help but thank you anyway, I appreciate it Smiley

UPDATE: For the time being I recovered my funds by installing Electron on my Windows partition and recovering the wallet with the seed. I'd rather not use Windows though so the problem remains.

I use Mint 17.0 and although it would work out of the box the version was so old,  it couldn't sign messages so I downloaded electrum from github and then I put it in the path with a symbolic link if I remember correctly.   Now when I cntrl+f2 and type in electru, it opens.

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 12:10:33 PM

Is it only me or are all electrum servers way behind in blocks? I noticed the past couple of days that I get told someone sent already though when I check then I see nothing in electrum but on the blockchain there are already, maybe, 2 hours of confirmations.

Only as info, is work done on the performance of the electrum servers?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 07:20:21 PM

Is it only me or are all electrum servers way behind in blocks? I noticed the past couple of days that I get told someone sent already though when I check then I see nothing in electrum but on the blockchain there are already, maybe, 2 hours of confirmations.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85475.0;all

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:14:33 AM

I guess it is only you , as in my Electrum 2.5.4 on Linux (Debian based, old version of operating system) works just like it should, once it appears on blockchain, it also appears on my Electrum wallet too.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 06:54:26 PM

Thanks for the link, didn't know that thread yet. And I think I found the problem. It seems electrum is not able to handle sleep modi of windows. It seems the wallet runs normally, it connects to different servers and establishes connections but for some reason it is not on the newest level of updates all the time. The only solution I found till now is restarting electrum every time the computer comes form sleep mode.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 05:44:05 PM

I have bought a Trezor and want it to connect to my Electrum wallet, but i can only find tutorials with Trezor and creating a new wallet. So i have a few questions:

- Can i use Trezor with excisting Electrum wallet?
- If not, can i create a new wallet with Electrum and Trezor and that it creates 2000 new btc addresses again? If so, how can i do that?

Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 09:45:25 AM

Thanks for your answer Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 11:52:06 AM

I think it's still the right thread to ask in since the other thread seems to be about electrum code and the server code especially.

Some minutes ago I had a bad experience. Yesterday when I opened two of my portable electrum wallets. Strangely they opened up normally but in task bar they were grouped like for example all notepads are grouped. No problems since both wallets could be reached.

Now I started both wallets and both showed the content of one of them. Somehow the data was overwritten or so. Luckily I now found that one of the wallets has a "recently open" showing a second default_wallet. When I open this then I can open the missing wallet.

I'm not sure what happened.

kurniawaN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 02:01:25 AM

I have bought a Trezor and want it to connect to my Electrum wallet, but i can only find tutorials with Trezor and creating a new wallet. So i have a few questions:

- Can i use Trezor with excisting Electrum wallet?
Better not.  The Electrum wallet on your computer is a file that contains private keys that may have been compromised by the simple fact that they were inside a file sitting on your computer...   The private keys in your Trezor will never see the light of day.  You invested $100 to safeguard your bitcoins?  Start on the right foot - create new private keys.  To do so, initialize your Trezor with mytrezor.com (write your seed words !). Now that you have created your private keys inside your Trezor, let Electrum know of your corresponding public keys: Start Electrum, and create a new wallet (File --> New/Restore --> give a name to your new Electrum/Trezor "public" wallet --> Create New Wallet & Hardware Wallet -->  Initialize a new Wallet & Trezor).  Electrum will create a new Trezor wallet on your computer, but it will contain only public information, like public keys and transaction information - no private keys whatsoever - the private keys always remain within the Trezor H/W.

A transfer of your old Electrum wallet BTC to the new Trezor addresses, using the bitcoin network, is the best "transfer" solution.

- If not, can i create a new wallet with Electrum and Trezor and that it creates 2000 new btc addresses again? If so, how can i do that?
You failed to mention why you would need 2000 addresses - You obviously have a special requirement that you didn't explain.  Electrum/Trezor will function the same way that Electrum alone functioned, and it will create new keys as required (beyond the initial 20 addresses), once you used them up.     If you really want 2000 new BTC addresses from the start, you can increase the gap limit from default 20 addresses to 2000.  But if you do - be careful about recovering from seed - make sure you write next to your seed words that you did that.  

So if you really really have to create 2000 addresses from the start - do this in the Electrum console tab:

wallet.change_gap_limit(2000)

... and then check the long list of addresses in the Address tab.   But again, if you recover your wallet from seed and don't increase the gap limit again to 2000, you will think that you are missing some bitcoins  - don't complain!

The private key of electrum is in form of file right? But if we set password it will be encrypted right?
So is it really safe using electrum? or should I remove my electrum completely so I do not have to change my private key

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

Is "CoinShuffle" being implemented into the client?
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: