Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner-MULTI AMD & NVIDIA & INTEL & CPU miner  (Read 42231 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Nighthog

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 10:00:57 AM

Do you wish to add support for 4000G or 5000G iGPU in the Miner?

list-gpu-devices says and lists the device but the Actual miner application just ignored it when trying to use it.

Said no Suitable GPU devices found?

Not something you wish to add? I was just curious what kind of performance one could get but could not start to even test.

I don't have a ryzen with an integrated gpu so i can't do much here.

Do you need a device ID or something to add it in the code?

I presume you have a list of approved GPU's or something for the miner to allow?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doktor83 (OP)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2021, 10:05:16 AM

list-gpu-devices says and lists the device but the Actual miner application just ignored it when trying to use it.

Not something you wish to add? I was just curious what kind of performance one could get but could not start to even test.

I presume you have a list of approved GPU's or something for the miner to allow?

Yeah, but you assume that its enough to allow a codename, and it will magically work Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Nighthog

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 10:18:19 AM

Yeah, but you assume that its enough to allow a codename, and it will magically work Smiley

You need sku specific optimization/code and such to be done? Bummer.
It's supposed to be "VEGA", so was guessing it shouldn't have been too much work to do a test. But it's work, nonetheless.

Will not bother to ask you more about it.
I don't expect them to be any performance killers either.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2021, 12:51:30 PM

You need sku specific optimization/code and such to be done? Bummer.
It's supposed to be "VEGA", so was guessing it shouldn't have been too much work to do a test. But it's work, nonetheless.

Will not bother to ask you more about it.
I don't expect them to be any performance killers either.

i could allow those codenames and set them to use gfx900 kernels for example, but i can't test it if it works. might work, who knows.
And if it works, it would probably still be better if it was optimised specifically for that GPU, and not just use the gfx900 ones.

doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2021, 10:50:45 AM

V0.8.0
+ Added algorithm 'randomgrft' (GRFT - Graft coin) for CPU mining, fee 0.85%
+ Performance increase on 'ethash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'etchash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'ubqhash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'verthash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'heavyhash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'autolykos2' algorithm on ZEN2+ AMD CPU's (up to ~90%) (*)
+ Fixed 'cryptonight_gpu' algorithm for RDNA/RDNA2 GPU's
+ Fixed 'cryptonight_xhv' algorithm for RDNA/RDNA2 GPU's
+ Added GPU power consumption details to stats & api
+ Decreased time needed for algorithm switch when using --multi-algorithm-job-mode 3 with cpu mining
+ Minor bug fixes

* - might apply to other AVX2 CPU's too - not tested

doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2021, 04:07:58 AM

V0.8.0
+ Performance increase on 'autolykos2' algorithm on ZEN2+ AMD CPU's (up to ~90%) (*)
+ Decreased time needed for algorithm switch when using --multi-algorithm-job-mode 3 with cpu mining
+ Minor bug fixes

for navi cards -- ethash  080 bad
                                    078 best

Specifically which one? RX5700 ?

guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2021, 07:52:22 PM

V0.8.0
+ Minor bug fixes

Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2021, 05:32:52 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2021, 05:59:47 AM by doktor83

Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Im not sure i can fix anything for you. Miner on SIGINT or SIGBREAK does a cleanup, shutdown and exits to shell, it's up to you what you do in your script after that.
Mining distros like Hiveos, Mmpos, etc have no issues with the shutdown procedure...

And you will prob. now say but other miners work normally [this is what people usually say].

guytechie

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 02:34:51 PM

Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

Im not sure i can fix anything for you. Miner on SIGINT or SIGBREAK does a cleanup, shutdown and exits to shell, it's up to you what you do in your script after that.
Mining distros like Hiveos, Mmpos, etc have no issues with the shutdown procedure...

And you will prob. now say but other miners work normally [this is what people usually say].

BTC:
JayDDee

Activity: 1383
Merit: 220

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 04:22:23 PM

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

I have no idea why it would be different for different miners (or any application). The application has no control over the script
that called it, all it can do is exit and let bash take over from there.

Are there any differences in the script or the bash environment. Are there any other differences in behaviour like console messages?

guytechie

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 05:13:38 AM

I have no idea why it would be different for different miners (or any application). The application has no control over the script

Are there any differences in the script or the bash environment. Are there any other differences in behaviour like console messages?

I don't know why it behaves this way either.  It doesn't happen with other miners such as t-rex, ccminer, or even your own cpuminer-opt.

I don't know much about Linux as I'm just starting to learn it.  I'm carrying a lot of command line experience from my DOS days.

BTC:
deedeeranged

Activity: 325
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 11:07:18 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2021, 11:24:11 PM by deedeeranged

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

I don't know why it behaves this way either.  It doesn't happen with other miners such as t-rex, ccminer, or even your own cpuminer-opt.

I don't know much about Linux as I'm just starting to learn it.  I'm carrying a lot of command line experience from my DOS days.

Do you run the script as a user or with sudo?
In your script put set -x under $!/bin/bash start it from the terminal it shows you what happens with the script. Also instead of using xmrig-cpu (which is not actively maintained anymore) use xmrig https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig as that is the latest official one.

Forgot to ask which distro?
guytechie

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 09:38:50 PM

Xmrig-cpu was just xmrig renamed, lol

I'm using Pop!_OS 21.04.

I'm not running with sudo.

BTC:
deedeeranged

Activity: 325
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2021, 10:02:39 AM

Xmrig-cpu was just xmrig renamed, lol

I'm using Pop!_OS 21.04.

I'm not running with sudo.

Take it you have done the following tweaks allready.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="msr.allow_writes=on" in /etc/default/grub and update-grub.
As normally msr writes are not allowed. Also need to have msr-tools installed as well.

To boost xmrig get the following script from the xmrig/scripts directory on github:
randomx_boost.sh and and maybe enable_1gb_pages.sh run them as root or w/sudo.
In the config.json file change "rdmsr": true, and "wrmsr": true, both to false

and then you can run xmrig as user otherwise you won't benefit as most tweaks you need to run xmrig under root w/sudo.

Same actually counts for SRBMiner-MULTI and not only those miners but practically all miners.
drays
Legendary

Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 09:15:14 PM

Is SRBMiner-MULTI latest version supposed to be working on good old R9 280x cards? I see they are in the supported devices list, however any attempt to mine 'autolycos2' crashes the system badly, sometimes to the point where only hardware reset helps.

Tried to run it on HiveOS, both on a single card, and a bunch of them - no way, the miner works for some time, with extremely low hashrate on some cards, and with zero hash on others, then system freezes. The 'lolminer' works however (more or less stably), so its not rig issue... I just read somewhere SRBMiner should be better for those older cards, especially given the fact they are in supported device list...

... this space is not for rent ...
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2021, 04:20:41 AM

Is SRBMiner-MULTI latest version supposed to be working on good old R9 280x cards? I see they are in the supported devices list, however any attempt to mine 'autolycos2' crashes the system badly, sometimes to the point where only hardware reset helps.

Tried to run it on HiveOS, both on a single card, and a bunch of them - no way, the miner works for some time, with extremely low hashrate on some cards, and with zero hash on others, then system freezes. The 'lolminer' works however (more or less stably), so its not rig issue... I just read somewhere SRBMiner should be better for those older cards, especially given the fact they are in supported device list...

Have you tried to manually tune the --gpu-intensity parameter? Or anything else beside just starting the miner with the default settings?

drays
Legendary

Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 01:19:19 PM

Have you tried to manually tune the --gpu-intensity parameter? Or anything else beside just starting the miner with the default settings?

Yep, sure, I did. Tried to run it with "--gpu-intensity 0", "--gpu-intensity 10", "--gpu-intensity 5", "--gpu-auto-tune 0", "--gpu-auto-tune 1"... No luck. First of all, it doesn't seem to pick up the intensity value I give it, while also doesn't completely ignore the parameter: if I don't set --gpu-intensity, the log shows intensity value of 32 takes effect; while when I set "--gpu-intensity 0", instead of 0 some other (higher than zero) parameter is used; when I set it to 5, I can see it is actually set as 17. Weird.
As to "--gpu-auto-tune", it looks like when normal tuning procedure is started, it never ends - it works for some minutes, until GPU freezes.

Though I did make some experiments, but didn't do too much of them (probably up to 10-15 attempts with different parameter combinations), because the rigs are remote, almost every such experiment brings it to hangup state, while my remote hardware reset procedure is somewhat complicated, so I just did experiments until my patience was exhausted... Then I came here to ask Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 04:30:11 AM

Yep, sure, I did. Tried to run it with "--gpu-intensity 0", "--gpu-intensity 10", "--gpu-intensity 5", "--gpu-auto-tune 0", "--gpu-auto-tune 1"... No luck. First of all, it doesn't seem to pick up the intensity value I give it, while also doesn't completely ignore the parameter: if I don't set --gpu-intensity, the log shows intensity value of 32 takes effect; while when I set "--gpu-intensity 0", instead of 0 some other (higher than zero) parameter is used; when I set it to 5, I can see it is actually set as 17. Weird.
As to "--gpu-auto-tune", it looks like when normal tuning procedure is started, it never ends - it works for some minutes, until GPU freezes.

Though I did make some experiments, but didn't do too much of them (probably up to 10-15 attempts with different parameter combinations), because the rigs are remote, almost every such experiment brings it to hangup state, while my remote hardware reset procedure is somewhat complicated, so I just did experiments until my patience was exhausted... Then I came here to ask Smiley

For that gpu a --gpu-intensity 22 for example should be ok. I don't have  such an old card, so i couldn't test. But why isn't it 'picking up' the intensity value you set, i have no idea.
Btw auto tune parameter values : 0-disabled, 1-normal, 2-fast

Try --gpu-intensity 0 --gpu-auto-tune 2 , might do something useful. But if the intensity parameter isn't applied then there's not much use.

heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 06:23:57 AM

If I run the miner in admin for msr_tweaks I started getting "NAUGHTY3" as response.  What is this?
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2021, 08:16:35 AM

If I run the miner in admin for msr_tweaks I started getting "NAUGHTY3" as response.  What is this?

It means opencl.dll is in miner's run path, and it shouldn't be there.
So if you have an opencl.dll in miner folder, delete it.

Might be also that when you run it as admin the default run path is windows/system32, where this file normally resides.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: