Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260006 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:26:01 AM

I like these stats sir.
Do you own an SP10?
Is TURBO mode an overclocking mode?
Does it require extreme low temps to operate properly?
Thanks again for the post, I like POSITIVE info on equipment
THEY HAVE SHIPPED and so far anyone Ive seen post on the
SP10 is higly praising their product.  Im impressed so far sir!!

TURBO mode is the most powerful firmware setting, which can easily be chosen via the webinterface.
It will get the most hashing power out of your unit, with a slight increase in power draw and noise levels (fans run at max)

The sp10´s firmware does dynamic frequency control for every chip, based on that chip´s temperature. This ensures every chip will perform to its maximum without getting damaged.
The lower the ambient temperature is, the higher the chips will be clocking. Very good results can be achieved at normal DC temperatures of around 20°C intake temperature.

Therefore i would describe the cooling requirements as quite reasonable. If you somehow have a facility with free aircolling like a forum member in Scottland, and can achieve 5°C, that really puts the "pedal to the metal".
However, you will typically get very good results with standard operating temperatures.

@wanna4fun: What is your intake temperature (and where is your DC located?)
                    Did you switch the PSU for a 1250W model?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:32:29 AM

If you somehow have a facility with free aircolling like a forum member in Scottland, and can achieve 5°C,

Nearly May and i'm going out to work (pro bono for a local care home) dressed in a scarf, hat and gloves.
lovely place for hosting, but you wouldn't wanna live here!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:37:49 AM

If you somehow have a facility with free aircolling like a forum member in Scottland, and can achieve 5°C,

Nearly May and i'm going out to work (pro bono for a local care home) dressed in a scarf, hat and gloves.
Yes, temperatures are good in Scotland, but isn´t power at around 0,15$?

I am still in favour of the Iceland modular Datacenter solution, where we just pool enough sp10/30 customers together and get one of those containers.

If you specifically ask for it, these can be cooled by the iceland air to around 5-10°C, and power in Iceland for industrial customers is 4ct/kwh guaranteed for 10 years, so the DC should be able to give us a good quote.

Also, 100% green geothermal energy. (WA state is also ~80% hydroelectric but they wont achieve crazy-low temperatures in the DCs)

@raskul: your unit might be able to achieve even higher values if you change the PSU to the 1250W model.
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:41:45 AM

I am still in favour of the Iceland modular Datacenter solution, where we just pool enough sp10/30 customers together and get one of those containers.

If you specifically ask for it, these can be cooled by the iceland air to around 5-10°C, and power in Iceland for industrial customers is 4ct/kwh guaranteed for 10 years, so the DC should be able to give us a good quote.

Also, 100% green geothermal energy. (WA state is also ~80% hydroelectric but they wont achieve crazy-low temperatures in the DCs)

i use my mum's garage, she gets pensioner rates on her electric  Grin

Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:45:00 AM

i use my mum's garage, she gets pensioner rates on her electric  Grin
What are these roughly?

That will be an interesting power bill at the end of the year:
"Madam, it seems you have used enough electricity to power an average Scottish village."

"Oh yes, i am terribly forgetful and always leave the oven on." Wink

Just saying once you get to industrial levels of your power use, it might not hold up.
Also, if you dont import these devices into the EU, you can typically save 20% on VAT.

raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:47:57 AM

What are these roughly?

"Madam, it seems you have used enough electricity to power an average Scottish village."

"Oh yes, i am terribly forgetful and always leave the oven on."

11p per kwh

which is cheap for the region, but yes, more expensive than most other parts of the world - we are currently going through what the scammers government call a 'green energy subsidy phase' - the only problem is, it's the taxpayer who is funding those subsidies. My SP10 costs ~£105.66 per month to run there and I just pay mum direct debit, by selling a few of the coins i've mined.

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:52:38 AM

What are these roughly?

"Oh yes, i am terribly forgetful and always leave the oven on."

11p per kwh

which is cheap for the region, but yes, more expensive than most other parts of the world - we are currently going through what the scammers government call a 'green energy subsidy phase' - the only problem is, it's the taxpayer who is funding those subsidies. My SP10 costs ~£105.66 per month to run there and I just pay mum direct debit, by selling a few of the coins i've mined.

Close to .25  - .30 here in japan.  Sad
After the big earthquake and the nuclear scares the public screamed to turn off
ALL the reactors.  They are like sheep here sometimes I swear.
Now electricity is WAY up.
I hope to god my AC unit is as efficient as they claim it.
5C would be good!  Maybe punch a hole in the side of a deep freezer for air flow
and ducts for warm air in and out and put them inside that for cooling?  Plausible?
 LOL Cheesy

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:53:48 AM

11p per kwh

That does translate to 0,15$ roughly.
I know the fuzzy feeling you get when holding your gear in hand, but i will be opting for the long-term hosting solution provided in cooperation with Spondoolies, as i will then be sure the DCs are able to handle the
requirements, and 290$ for a sp30 does seam very reasonable.

If i put it in a DC where i live, i would have to pay around double that, and pay 20% VAT.

I am risking to sound political here, but Japan is in a high risk area for Tsunamis (i dont quite know how high the risk for earthquakes is), and every Nuclear powerplant is at the shore for cooling needs.

That simply doesn´t strike me as a too smart move, frankly.
Cancer rates specifically for thyroid cancer will be at an all-time high in the next years (this typically takes ~4yrs as studies from Tschernobil have shown), and this is a really "nasty" cancer with low survivability.

Dont get me wrong, i accept Nuclear power can be harnessed with very low risks e.g. in areas of the united states with low risks for environmental disasters and abundant space to store the waste.

In my country, electricity rates are ~0,35$, lower for high energy businesses.
I feel your pain but i wouldn´t want to have cheap power at every cost.
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:00:59 AM

11p per kwh

I know the fuzzy feeling you get when holding your gear in hand, but i will be opting for the long-term hosting solution provided in cooperation with Spondoolies, as i will then be sure the DCs are able to handle the

If i put it in a DC where i live, i would have to pay around double that, and pay 20% VAT.

definitely, the SP30 will cost me £218 per month. Hosting is a cheaper option.

Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

11p per kwh

definitely, the SP30 will cost me £218 per month. Hosting is a cheaper option.
I hope many people will opt for hosting, as bulk purchases will always be cheaper.
Power in numbers!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:07:07 AM

I am risking to sound political here, but Japan is in a high risk area for Tsunamis (i dont quite know how high the risk for earthquakes is), and every Nuclear powerplant is at the shore for cooling needs.

That simply doesn´t strike me as a too smart move, frankly.
Cancer rates specifically for thyroid cancer will be at an all-time high in the next years (this typically takes ~4yrs as studies from Tschernobil have shown), and this is a really "nasty" cancer with low survivability.

Dont get me wrong, i accept Nuclear power can be harnessed with very low risks e.g. in areas of the united states with low risks for environmental disasters and abundant space to store the waste.

In my country, electricity rates are ~0,35$, lower for high energy businesses.
I feel your pain but i wouldn´t want to have cheap power at every cost.

A bit off-topic here, but +1 from me!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:12:24 AM

We got final post layout engine results from GUC.
The ASIC is at 0.35 W/GHs, which means that the system is at 0.43 W/GHs

Under 2700 Watt (total from the 2 PSUs), the system will be ~6.3 THs
Our commitment is still to 5.4 THs +- 10% as published in the web site.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:13:24 AM

simply the best.

Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:14:07 AM

Again i really have to give it to spondoolies.

They show how much they care about their customers by providing everyone with cheap, hassle free hosting solutions.

The longterm contracts even show a high responsibility for the environment, so we can show it to those folks saying "mining is a waste of energy, ..."

This paired with the most power-efficient equipment will be a good choice in my opinion.

Maybe i should pre-order another?

Come summer we will all be happy ducks, sitting on the mountains of our best-power-efficiency, highest density equipment.
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:18:01 AM

Again i really have to give it to spondoolies.

They show how much they care about their customers by providing everyone with cheap, hassle free hosting solutions.

The longterm contracts even show a high responsibility for the environment, so we can show it to those folks saying "mining is a waste of energy, ..."

This paired with the most power-efficient equipment will be a good choice in my opinion.

unlike some other companies who won't even release specifications to their patient customers  Roll Eyes

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:36:29 AM

unlike some other companies who won't even release specifications to their patient customers  Roll Eyes

Could there be a reason for this?

Could it have to do with the fact that no asic manufacturer to date has been accurate with their estimations?

SP is going to have a massive shit storm if they miss spec.
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:38:12 AM

unlike some other companies who won't even release specifications to their patient customers  Roll Eyes

Could there be a reason for this?

Yes, most likely.

Could it have to do with the fact that no asic manufacturer to date has been accurate with their estimations?

you really do just make things up as you go along, don't you?

blah blah blah.

dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:51:31 AM

Hi spondoolies,

i just want to say, it is unbelievable to make such an awesome experience with your company so far.
It's such a blessing to work with you in contrast to your competitors.

Kind Regards
dplusf

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:00:32 AM

Hi spondoolies,

i just want to say, it is unbelievable to make such an awesome experience with your company so far.
It's such a blessing to work with you in contrast to your competitors.

Kind Regards
dplusf

Thank you for your kind words

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:01:32 AM

We're not AM:

0.2, oh no, 0.35, oh no, 0.55, oh no, wait to gen 3.1, oh no, wait to gen 4

Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg6465166#msg6465166

How much BS (my favorite: "there will be "gen3.1", which is exploiting the production options from the fab the minimize the consumption."

btw:

We've tested, we can do 12GHs with Hammer. We're EOL hammer in June, since RockerBox is much, much better.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: