Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260040 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:35:14 PM

5 SP20's right under your bedroom. You MUST live alone? I have an attached garage, which I tried my SP10 in and still couldn't keep it there from those high pitch fans. Then you wouldn't believe what happened. My good friend brought over his 2 SP10's and told me to go into the house, while he was in the garage. I heard him start up his SP10's then turn then off. He called for me to come out into the garage and low and behold the 2 SP10's were running! He made this audio box, same width size of the SP10. Has a bunch of what looked like speakers to me installed in it and the box was connected to some control with a few knobs on it. He turned one of the knobs slowly and the sound started to get louder and louder. I know nothing about frequencies or audio waves, but all the box does is cancel out all the audio/frequency waves from the miners. Not sure how it works, but since he wants to sell them, he wouldn't let me take a picture. Trust me, it was just a plain wood box with many different sized speakers I think. He said he has a few versions he's working with and making them variable tuning so the timing and frequencies aren't tied to one miner rig. Which would be impossible anyway, maybe our ears think they all sound the same, technically they are not. He was showing me all this on some meter be brought over. When he sells them he said he would make a post here with a youtube video. I don't know any of the details.

Neat!  Here's some more data on how that works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_noise_control
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3990

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:58:22 PM

Preliminary thoughts on SP20:
1. Neat package, great software outlay.
2. Unsurpassed optimization (downclocking)
3. My unit likes lower power much more, in fact, it was shutting down at the default settings (ASIC throttle back).
4. Noise is the problem, otherwise it would be close to perfect. Even with fan at 50 (I cannot make fan at 40 to work at ~720-750W) it is noisy: dB 69 1.5 feet (0.5m) in front of the exhaust, dB 64 same 0.5m to the side. However the noise is somehow irritating (pitch?) when you are in the same room. Several rooms away or on a different floor-it is fine.

Because fans do not change speed after fan setting adjustment, i wonder if some kind of anti-noise contraption like discribed in wiki is possible.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:11:47 PM

5 SP20's right under your bedroom. You MUST live alone? I have an attached garage, which I tried my SP10 in and still couldn't keep it there from those high pitch fans. Then you wouldn't believe what happened. My good friend brought over his 2 SP10's and told me to go into the house, while he was in the garage. I heard him start up his SP10's then turn then off. He called for me to come out into the garage and low and behold the 2 SP10's were running! He made this audio box, same width size of the SP10. Has a bunch of what looked like speakers to me installed in it and the box was connected to some control with a few knobs on it. He turned one of the knobs slowly and the sound started to get louder and louder. I know nothing about frequencies or audio waves, but all the box does is cancel out all the audio/frequency waves from the miners. Not sure how it works, but since he wants to sell them, he wouldn't let me take a picture. Trust me, it was just a plain wood box with many different sized speakers I think. He said he has a few versions he's working with and making them variable tuning so the timing and frequencies aren't tied to one miner rig. Which would be impossible anyway, maybe our ears think they all sound the same, technically they are not. He was showing me all this on some meter be brought over. When he sells them he said he would make a post here with a youtube video. I don't know any of the details.

Neat!  Here's some more data on how that works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_noise_control

That's the word he used. I forgot it, but now starts to make sense. He's big with radio stuff, meters, electronics. So he had to make a deal with his wife about the sound. If she couldn't hear anything while sitting in the kitchen (which is where the attached garage is next to) then he  can have his miners. He worked like a dog and finally got them quiet, very quiet. But of course you need the tools to build such things and he had them all. Especially all his funky meters.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

That's the word he used. I forgot it, but now starts to make sense. He's big with radio stuff, meters, electronics. So he had to make a deal with his wife about the sound. If she couldn't hear anything while sitting in the kitchen (which is where the attached garage is next to) then he  can have his miners. He worked like a dog and finally got them quiet, very quiet. But of course you need the tools to build such things and he had them all. Especially all his funky meters.
If he could bring these to market in a reasonable form factor I bet he could find some buyers pretty easily in this forum.  Keep us updated on his progress!
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:28:21 AM

One thing I miss in all those reviews of Sp-20: what is the best way to switch it off instead of/before switching off the PSU?
Use "Stop miner" command on the first pane or just simply throw the PSU switch off?-intuitively the latter does not sound right.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

One thing I miss in all those reviews of Sp-20: what is the best way to switch it off instead of/before switching off the PSU?
Use "Stop miner" command on the first pane or just simply throw the PSU switch off?-intuitively the latter does not sound right.

just switch the PSU off if you are switching it off. otherwise mine with it lol

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:35:53 AM

just switch the PSU off if you are switching it off. otherwise mine with it lol

want to check various psu combos w/killawatt
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:42:53 AM

Has anyone been able to get the authorized_keys to work?

I did all the normal steps to set up my pub/priv keys, but it will not authenticate:

Code:
Using username "root".
Server refused our key
root@sp20a's password:

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
nhminer

Activity: 473

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:46:23 AM

Guy/Zvi - listening?  Built-in active noise cancellation.  I'd easily pay extra for that option on my sp20!

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
wh00per

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:00:54 AM

Yeah .. that's like driving a Porsche without the engine noise .. Men need big things to play with .. noisy too.

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
raskul

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:18:28 AM

I ENJOY THE SOUNDS OF MY MINERS Cool

wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:31:21 AM

I ENJOY THE SOUNDS OF MY MINERS Cool

Try this >> http://www.silentium.com/?page_id=48 << to cancel everything else out!

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:33:06 AM

If he could bring these to market in a reasonable form factor I bet he could find some buyers pretty easily in this forum.  Keep us updated on his progress!
This sounds awesome! Or... doesn't sound at all... kindof the point...

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:34:01 AM

Guy/Zvi - listening?  Built-in active noise cancellation.  I'd easily pay extra for that option on my sp20!

Silly, active noise cancellation does not work for random spot in your room. It needs to be tuned at one spot. This is why in engine room of a ship, they use headset still.
luki19994

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:14:12 AM

Have an SP31 , October batch, minersource need 13 days to get it mining for me.

But from then is mining with 4,77 th/s , without any problems.(over 30 days) Grin
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:14:19 AM

No, I'm wearing my Bose QC25

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:52:40 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 08:24:15 AM by raskul

pool showing 2th for 1 sp20 http://mmpool.org/user/rus in the cauld and 7.6th+ the other worker all in 8.2th with an sp10 off that on a rental.
8.4+
8.68TH/s
https://www.betarigs.com/rig/9011

and a bfl60 on the 2nd worker

marto hurry up and ship my boxes Cheesy Wink

and... better late than never. raskuls unboxing the sp35

http://www.rgspix.com/IMG_0980.MOV

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:18:24 AM

Ugh encode in something less proprietary and draconian than Apple codecs

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:57:52 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:11:25 PM by zvisha

Hi all. 2.5.52 (still experimantal)

- Support extranonce.subscribe added by your requests - you have to enable it in settings and reboot to use other binary. It is a binary I got from jtoomim that claims to be cgminer 4.8.0 - I have no idea what it is or who compiled it but it seams to be a legit cgminer with extranonce support, so use it at your own risk Wink I tested it for 2 minutes exactly.
- Yellow led blinks 3 times if got no IP, 2 times if got IP.
- Supports "minimal hash rate". If unit goes under "minimal hash rate" it will restart miner_gate.
- Different downscale logic to prevent PSU issues - still I am not clear on the effects of this one but should increase stability.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:19:31 PM

Hi All,

New and amazing prices on all units, as low as 0.31$/GH Shipping included!.

SP20 Section
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/collections/products/sp20

• The SP20 Mini Farm is now only $7,995 or 0.31$/GH with free shipping
  • Want more than a single SP20 but 15 are too many for you? No problem, we've got a brand new "Nano Farm" special with 3 units for only $1,900, free shipping included
  • A single SP20 is now only $659

Both SP20 bundles include free shipping.

SP3X Section
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/collections/products/sp30

• The SP31, the most efficient miner, can now be yours for only $2,595
  • The SP35 with 5.5 TH/s goes for $2,795

Shipping cost for the SP3X to the US has also been updated. It starts with $220 per unit and drops with quantities.

All the units ship from stock!

Happy mining,

Gadi

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: