Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Dualitii

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:26:01 PM

Wondering if anyone could help me with a wallet issue? I have no idea what I did, but one minute my Qora wallet was working, and the next minute I've been getting a Startup error dialog box that's otherwise blank. I backed up my wallet and data folders, and then deleted everything, downloaded a new copy, re-installed that, and... still same problem. On the cmd line, I'm getting:

Code:
2014-08-01 02:19:51.888:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.1.z-SNAPSHOT
Aug 01, 2014 2:19:53 AM org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler initialize
INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version Jersey: 2.7 2014-03-12 18:11:31...
2014-08-01 02:19:55.748:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@12a653e{/,null,AVAILABLE}
2014-08-01 02:19:55.782:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@147ce48{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:9085}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at qora.e.a(Unknown Source)
at qora.e.addObserver(Unknown Source)
at a.a.addObserver(Unknown Source)
at qora.f.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
at Start.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccesorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(Unknown Source)
STARTUP ERROR: null

Any ideas? Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

Wondering if anyone could help me with a wallet issue? I have no idea what I did, but one minute my Qora wallet was working, and the next minute I've been getting a Startup error dialog box that's otherwise blank. I backed up my wallet and data folders, and then deleted everything, downloaded a new copy, re-installed that, and... still same problem. On the cmd line, I'm getting:

Any ideas? Cheers

Have you saved your seed? 

ONLY IF you have saved your seed...  delete both the data and wallet folders and recover your wallet from seed.

If NOT...  just delete the data folder.

Is your seed the inly bit of information that needs to be backed up?  How are the privkeys generated from the seed?

This is something I'vr been unsure about, so I've kept my funds on exchanges, which I'd prefer not to do.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
LOL1993

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

ora have made a great progress.qora should do sth!
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:13:42 PM

Any update on this coin? I bought in just for the heck of it and havn't been following since. What is happening. Price looks low.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:19:58 PM

Is your seed the inly bit of information that needs to be backed up?  How are the privkeys generated from the seed?

This is something I'vr been unsure about, so I've kept my funds on exchanges, which I'd prefer not to do.

Yes.

It's math.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:21:14 PM

Is your seed the inly bit of information that needs to be backed up?  

Seed & Password   Grin

Technically you don't need to backup your password. But, it seems silly to encrypt the wallet and not remember the password.

But, if someone gets hold of your seed, they don't need your password. All your coin is belong to him!
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:40:06 PM

But, if someone gets hold of your seed, they don't need your password. All your coin is belong to him!

Have you confirmed this?   Undecided

I decided to choose a different password when I was recovering from seed once and it seemed like I got a totally different wallet/set of addresses...
meaning the addresses holding QORA never appeared no matter how many times I clicked New account.

...I will try it again next time I have to recover...

Yes. Or at least, I think so. Will have to try again.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:01:18 PM

It is 100% that way. Seed always gets the same addresses. Password is a client side encryption!

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

Any update on this coin? I bought in just for the heck of it and havn't been following since. What is happening. Price looks low.

I just cant see it going any lower. The buy side is starting to build up now. I think AE will be a stimulus to push the price upward. Its criminally under valued imo.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:45:01 PM

I just cant see it going any lower. The buy side is starting to build up now. I think AE will be a stimulus to push the price upward. Its criminally under valued imo.

Indeed Qora is getting pushed down very hard.

Such a shame

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
-spaw-

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

Agreed, I wasn't going to buy anymore, but it's impossible not to at the moment.  Do you ever visit the chat? Or the Official Forum? You're opinions would definitely liven things up Smiley
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:15:09 PM

Agreed, I wasn't going to buy anymore, but it's impossible not to at the moment.  Do you ever visit the chat? Or the Official Forum? You're opinions would definitely liven things up Smiley

A sloth on Benzodiazepines would liven Qora Chat up.
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

A sloth on Benzodiazepines would liven Qora Chat up.
so don't be shy and join  Cheesy
coinpump

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:58:28 AM

I trust qora 100%. He's not a person who might let us down, that's for sure.

I also totally understand people who would like to keep the source closed. If you are one of initial investors, you basically have nothing to lose. Maybe just a couple of BTC invested in Qora.

But think about people who want to build something on top of Qora. Like encrypted messenger or something like that. It's months of hard work, probably some expenses also. Not many people would feel comfortable to start a new venture if the whole thing depends on one person. Even if they trust him. It's just not right and too risky. It was totally fine to keep the source closed from everybody, but I think that now we're getting to the point when we need a 1 or 2 more people to have it.

If QORA community is looking for 2nd guy who will keep source code for QORA as backup in case if QORA himself disappears then trust me I am that guy.

Here are reasons of why you should trust me:
1) I don't have very close friends in real life, so there is no way I would share with someone I know well and that person would share with someone he knows well and so on.
2) I don't have any friends on bitcoin forums, no worries here.
3) I am not one of initial investors, so I will be very interested to potentially earn QORAs and the following will explain how.
4) QORA community will determine number of QORAs that they are willing to transfer to my designated QORA account in event of emergency (QORA disappears) so that I will share the code with designated recipient or post it as open source.
5) That number of QORAs should be big enough to kill my potential interest to accept bribe from KORA & others. I suggest 200 million QORAs.
6) That number should be big enough to kill possibility of one large QORA holder to send it to me and outvote everybody else.
7) That number should be small enough to allow community to collect it.
8 ) I promise to disclose it to community designated recipient only if both of the following events happen:
   a) community approves disclosure by vote on QORA network that will be held for at least 1 month.
   b) I receive pre-determined number of QORAs to my account.
9) Qora will send me source code once in a while or for every release and I will compile and publish executable together with SHA256 hashes of executable and source code on both QORA and NXT blockchain.
10) Qora can publish his hashes too so that people know that I actually have the source code.
11) Each time I publish community will send me 200,000 QORAs for doing that work. If I don't receive 200K for one release, I will not publish only that release, but QORA will still publish and other terms still remain in effect.
12) I am developer myself, so I can inspect Java source code and can potentially answer some community approved questions if any (for some fee depending on difficulty). I can also verify (for additional 300,000 QORAs fee) if it's obfuscated or not and if it's obfuscated then let community know of the problem.
13) QORA source code does not have to be released to public any time soon with that good backup so clones won't exist.
14) One new exciting possibility will open with that kind of backup  - both me and QORA could run same obfuscator for Java code and publish only obfuscated Java executable thus eliminating decompilation and clones. Parts of Java code could also be translated into C++ to have stronger protection from clones.
15) From time to time I could also inspect source code for malicious behavior (for additional million QORAs fee) and report to the community. Having each release and inspecting only differences will make it easier to inspect and may significantly lower the fee depending on size and complexity of source code and changes.
15) Other investors will have stronger insentive to invest in QORA knowing that it's backed up and not cloneable at the same time. This should pump price up.
16) When I have more spare time and with enough insentive I may potentially become QORA developer improving it together with QORA or after QORA stops to exist like BCNext.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:07:35 AM

I also totally understand people who would like to keep the source closed. If you are one of initial investors, you basically have nothing to lose. Maybe just a couple of BTC invested in Qora.

But think about people who want to build something on top of Qora. Like encrypted messenger or something like that. It's months of hard work, probably some expenses also. Not many people would feel comfortable to start a new venture if the whole thing depends on one person. Even if they trust him. It's just not right and too risky. It was totally fine to keep the source closed from everybody, but I think that now we're getting to the point when we need a 1 or 2 more people to have it.

If QORA community is looking for 2nd guy who will keep source code for QORA as backup in case if QORA himself disappears then trust me I am that guy.

1. The community voted for keeping the source closed http://qora.co.in/?q=first+voting+on+the+source&poll
2. There's no chance qora or the community would trust unknown newbie user.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:41:50 AM

1) I don't have very close friends in real life, so there is no way I would share with someone I know well and that person would share with someone he knows well and so on.
3) I am not one of initial investors, so I will be very interested to potentially earn QORAs and the following will explain how.
4) QORA community will determine number of QORAs that they are willing to transfer to my designated QORA account in event of emergency (QORA disappears) so that I will share the code with designated recipient or post it as open source.
5) That number of QORAs should be big enough to kill my potential interest to accept bribe from KORA & others. I suggest 200 million QORAs.
6) That number should be big enough to kill possibility of one large QORA holder to send it to me and outvote everybody else.
8 ) I promise to disclose it to community designated recipient only if both of the following events happen:
   a) community approves disclosure by vote on QORA network that will be held for at least 1 month.
9) Qora will send me source code once in a while or for every release and I will compile and publish executable together with SHA256 hashes of executable and source code on both QORA and NXT blockchain.
10) Qora can publish his hashes too so that people know that I actually have the source code.
11) Each time I publish community will send me 200,000 QORAs for doing that work. If I don't receive 200K for one release, I will not publish only that release, but QORA will still publish and other terms still remain in effect.
12) I am developer myself, so I can inspect Java source code and can potentially answer some community approved questions if any (for some fee depending on difficulty). I can also verify (for additional 300,000 QORAs fee) if it's obfuscated or not and if it's obfuscated then let community know of the problem.
13) QORA source code does not have to be released to public any time soon with that good backup so clones won't exist.
14) One new exciting possibility will open with that kind of backup  - both me and QORA could run same obfuscator for Java code and publish only obfuscated Java executable thus eliminating decompilation and clones. Parts of Java code could also be translated into C++ to have stronger protection from clones.
15) From time to time I could also inspect source code for malicious behavior (for additional million QORAs fee) and report to the community. Having each release and inspecting only differences will make it easier to inspect and may significantly lower the fee depending on size and complexity of source code and changes.
15) Other investors will have stronger insentive to invest in QORA knowing that it's backed up and not cloneable at the same time. This should pump price up.
16) When I have more spare time and with enough insentive I may potentially become QORA developer improving it together with QORA or after QORA stops to exist like BCNext.

Or you are Kora trying to get the source so you can release Ora. 200 million, sure coming right up.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:13:00 AM

Or you are Kora trying to get the source so you can release Ora. 200 million, sure coming right up.

Qora's not going to give SC to a random guy with 16 lines of reasons.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
sisx2007

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:11:24 AM

Qora should make a big move,release the resources!
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:11:52 AM

Qora should make a big move,release the resources!
We should wait two month.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:36:00 AM

Qora dev has no power, don't ask him to release anything
The community decided, it's close for now
Personally i voted to open to 1 or 2 people but i'm not disappointed with the result, it's so cool to vote, and i respect the community decision

Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: