Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:20:17 PM

i am mining on two diff machines.. works perfect on windows 8.1

well I can't on multiple machines on 8.1. It doesn't work. It seems to work longer with a new wallet, but since I need MY wallet I didn't test that further.

@danbi: so the missing hashrate is the cause of me not getting "yays" like it used to be?
I start mining before the wallet even works lol =D

I don't think so. We will need to learn new things with groestl.

I set the target bits to 24 and hash rate (at least mine) seems to match what the miner says.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:22:58 PM

@danbi: i'm using the CPU miner from here http://www.groestlcoin.org/pools/
basically the same one as before with groestl algo, so I expected the "yays"
it also doesn't show the workers on the pool dashboard

edit: it seems to work:
I just need to figure out if that single pc is enough to warrant electricity

@devs: I've tested the wallet crashing on multiple machines now and can confirm: a new wallet seems to work! old ones just dont
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:58:23 PM

Posted by: danbi
Insert Quote
I believe the pool at http://dmdpool.digsys.bg should be functional, but for some reason my miner does not show any shares. Would somebody who has working groestl miner come to try dmdpool.digsys.bg so that we know it's working? Thanks in advance!

miner is working, but pool interface have many mistakes^^

Thanks!

Could you please share your seminar config? I am apparently doing something wrong...

The pool interface is using the new 'bootstrap' MPOS theme, which is very ugly in my opinion, but will be working on fixing that at a later stage. I see your shares coming and being stored in the database. We just need some more horsepower to solve blocks.

danbi thanks for your first working pool. I have given up compiling the wallet under Linux. Anyway could you check the pool? Even with this monster hash now we won't find a block at this low diff?
daishi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:02:36 PM

danbi thanks for your first working pool. I have given up compiling the wallet under Linux. Anyway could you check the pool? Even with this monster hash now we won't find a block at this low diff?

I've allready found a block for the pool but it doesn't shown there.
danbi

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:09:51 PM

There seems to be problem Sad

Either the wallet is not accepting blocks via 'submitblock' or the NOMP stratum I am using is doing something weird (wrong).

Does anyone have successfully working pool with DMD and NOMP? Is there any other stratum server to support GROESTL?
I may have to shut down the pool, so that people do not mine in vain... until this is resolved somehow.

NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

Either the wallet is not accepting blocks via 'submitblock' or the NOMP stratum I am using is doing something weird (wrong).

Does anyone have successfully working pool with DMD and NOMP? Is there any other stratum server to support GROESTL?
I may have to shut down the pool, so that people do not mine in vain... until this is resolved somehow.

Is there any difference between the algos used for DMD and GRS? Because there are a number of working GRS stratum pools, some of them with NOMP:

grs.cryptohunger.com
groestlcoin.biz

for example.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ruleland

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

@Danbi: Thanks for setting up the pool. However, I'm trying to mine with cpu and getting a very low share acceptance rate (1 yay! every 10 minutes). Any ideas?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 10:23:31 PM

as far as i read from groestlcoin forum pools need a special stratum
maybe u read throught their btt thread

edit:

is this helping?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525926.msg6485395;topicseen#msg6485395

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:29:48 PM

as far as i read from groestlcoin forum pools need a special stratum
maybe u read throught their btt thread

Special, in the sense it doesn't work with the popular stratum-mining written in python. Or at least there is no public knowledge how to modify it.
Most say they use NOMP. I hope to have configured NOMP properly, but who knows.. sadly, no idea at the moment what might be wrong.

I hope the new DMD has had the submitblock RPC call properly implemented... otherwise, we can hardly expect working pools.

danbi

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

There is clearly a problem with either NOMP (unlikely, as the GRS people are using it successfully) or the DMD wallet's implementation of submit block.

You are therefore not advised to mine anymore at dmdpool.digsys.bg as the blocks we find are all rejected by the daemon.

Hope to have some solution for this soon.

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

I have a v2 wallet on Windows 7. I didn't set a password, but it is asking for one. What gives?
procrypto

Activity: 224

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:15:22 PM

Any nodes?  Smiley
danbi

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:16:01 PM

Any nodes?  Smiley

Does PoS work for anyone?

m5j0r

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:38:17 PM

@HR of course.
->different wallets for different cryptocurrencies
->haven't yet tried multiple wallets because I didn't need it

I mentioned SSDs mainly because you usually only want the most important data like the OS and whatever professional applications you need on SSD drives since they have a. shorter lifetime and b. don't have terabytes as HDDs nowadays.
That's why I always put all cryptocurrency related stuff on HDDS with the datadir parameter.

I found out that the datadir parameter works though. It was included since the original bitcoin wallet (i think.. at least I started with it).
The wallet also works with a new wallet.dat as I've stated somewhere above. Not useful tho, but hopefully it helps you.

The error message from the german guy some pages earlier is the same I get occasionally by the way. Right now it's not open long enough to actually do anything with it anyway.

Thanks for keeping this active and gn8 it's way too late here too now.  Grin
That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:46:39 PM

Any nodes?  Smiley

Does PoS work for anyone?

PoS won't begin till block 400000.
It should begin on May 11th.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
Cheena

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:53:19 PM

btw I noticed the guy above with the working wallet seems to be using Windows 7.
Our not working ones are on Windows 8.1.

Good observation !

HODL !
daishi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:55:37 PM

Hashing.

Anyone got any good groestl settings for typical cards like 280x?

Have a look at this site

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTOUdJZrKqrNDXTIbXgNvJtj_fnpECREcs-eHxaGrZc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
srcxxx

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 01:08:34 AM

I can set up a DMD pool on groestlcoin.biz in about 15 minutes after I have a working wallet for Ubuntu 12.04 x64.
I spent about 2 hours trying to make it compile and it did eventually, but now it does not link :-)

I was planning to continue the linux wallet research, but looks like people have already found the solution?

And also, my Windows wallet that I used for solo mining on 4x R9 290 keeps crashing every time I find a block. So I'm afraid that even if I figure out how to build the Linux wallet, it'll be crashing and I'll get complaints from miners.

PS: As for stratum mining, it needs to be patched big time to make it work for Groestl algo. Took me about 2 weeks to figure everything out and test on my own. (BTW, I'm going to make this code public on 9th of May). So for now, I recommend everyone to use NOMP stratum. Hope this helps.
Cheena

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:21:29 AM

Ok Diamond coin fails... lol pool will be going down in a sec all the blocks are rejected..

it appears to be not accepting any blocks solved via groestl algo... Dont feel like digging thru the code to much but seems as if a fork was in place to activate POS but I dont see anything about what block number it switches algo on.
Again I just skimmed the source. But seems to me if you mine it with scrypt with enuf hash you might find valid blocks

If people are willing to send some hash I will setup that pool pointing to diamond coin via scrypt hash! For testing purposes... http://173.175.115.172:15555 will now be switched over to scrypt algo!

Groestl algo works fine for me, why would you want people to mine scrypt ?

HODL !
Malayko

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:30:36 AM

Ok Diamond coin fails... lol pool will be going down in a sec all the blocks are rejected..

it appears to be not accepting any blocks solved via groestl algo... Dont feel like digging thru the code to much but seems as if a fork was in place to activate POS but I dont see anything about what block number it switches algo on.
Again I just skimmed the source. But seems to me if you mine it with scrypt with enuf hash you might find valid blocks

If people are willing to send some hash I will setup that pool pointing to diamond coin via scrypt hash! For testing purposes... http://173.175.115.172:15555 will now be switched over to scrypt algo!

Groestl algo works fine for me, why would you want people to mine scrypt ?

all the Groestl blocks found were invalid on the pool and your the first person I've seen say they've found a valid block.

So this leads to the conclusion that the Groestl algo is not the original from  will wait for devs to chime in on this. I'll dig thru the code a bit more see if I can fix the stratum to work with this version.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: