Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:43:36 AM

short update:

until yet all tests are good no single crash in new release candidate

give us a bit more time testing we release wallet in a few hours
we wana get the tooltip bugfix into this release too while we testing it allready regarding stability

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:15:18 AM

With regard to pools, wouldn't one of the existing GRS pools like cryptohunger be able to knock one up in 5 minutes? Same algo, just different coin name or am I missing something? 

With regard to my experiences with the new wallet, downloads and first sync were fine but as soon as I changed anything (wallet.dat, diamond.conf) it crashed with the errors already mentioned. If anyone is having problems try these steps:
0. Delete everything and start again (except pre groestl wallet.dat - put that somewhere safe)
1. run diamond qt.
2. Close diamond qt
3. Install wallet.dat and diamond.conf in roaming folder
4. Only then install block chain and db downloads.
5. run and sync diamond qt
6. Solo mine Smiley

this is only helping shorttime database seems to get corrupted after longer use
Exactly what my testing and limited knowledge was leading me to think.

we will release soon a updatet wallet that use old style database a bit slower at startup but stable
Stable is better than fast. I don't mind waiting a bit longer on startup as long as it performs once started. I'll take known-good over beta any day!  Wink

we are sorry for the additional work u all have to go through until u run a stable wallet again
No prob. It's Murphy's Law, and shit happens.

i can gurantee we will not stop working until last bug fixed
Like the fantastic team you are!!

and then go beyond and implement new features in comming weeks and months
Price is holding solid too and looks ready to rocket. 0.0023 is the next stop. Grin

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:33:40 AM

Another test complete:

Delete everything and start again, run diamond qt. then install wallet.dat in roaming folder, install block chain and db downloads, run and sync diamond qt.

Runs forever without problems (3 hours in my test) as long as you don't close the program.

As soon as you close the client/wallet and restart, you get the crash error.

Going to do a manual online sync now.

daishi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:43:11 AM

Going to do a manual online sync now.

That's what i did. Deleting everything and sync over night.
Now i'm solo mining for about 2 hours. I hope it is stable until the new wallet is released.
daishi

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:22:57 AM

Hi daishi. Could you connect your miner to your wallet? Did you success compile the daemon in linux? Which port did you use?
Thanks

Yes of course i could connect my miner to the wallet. I've allready found some blocks. I'm sorry, but i don't use linux.

That's my diamond config

Code:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=insertwhatyouwant
rpcpassword=insertwhatyouwant
rpcport=17772
addnode=213.229.0.41
addnode=193.77.159.166
addnode=113.168.158.16

johndec2

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:44:24 PM

AizenSou, you are being a little unfair to the devs.  The early release was forced on them before they were ready. I'm an experienced solo miner but it still took me at least 2 hours to get everything sorted out. Being in a time zone that made me miss the first 7 or 8 hours of the release was also bad luck for me.  

Shit happens, live with it.  They tried to be as fair as possible but it is not a perfect world.  Yes, experienced miners in the right time zone took advantage of the imperfections of the new wallet. I would have too if I hadn't been asleep. They might be called diamonds but they are only worth 40-50 cents each.  So you really haven't lost out all that badly Smiley
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:04:51 PM

AizenSou, you are being a little unfair to the devs.  The early release was forced on them before they were ready. I'm an experienced solo miner but it still took me at least 2 hours to get everything sorted out. Being in a time zone that made me miss the first 7 or 8 hours of the release was also bad luck for me.  

Shit happens, live with it.  They tried to be as fair as possible but it is not a perfect world.  Yes, experienced miners in the right time zone took advantage of the imperfections of the new wallet. I would have too if I hadn't been asleep. They might be called diamonds but they are only worth 40-50 cents each.  So you really haven't lost out all that badly Smiley

Hi johndec2, I don't wan to complain but it's very frustrating because I almost didn't sleep last night trying to get the daemon to compile. It failed and I tried the wallet. The wallet got compiled but miners didn't connect. Many core APIs were not available in the debug console. I know the devs are under pressure but IMHO a broken code shouldn't be released at all. A delay won't make users angry more than wasted time trying to get thing done but failed instead.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Regards,
pit_dmd

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:18:57 PM

Hi johndec2, I don't wan to complain but it's very frustrating because I almost didn't sleep last night trying to get the daemon to compile. It failed and I tried the wallet. The wallet got compiled but miners didn't connect. Many core APIs were not available in the debug console. I know the devs are under pressure but IMHO a broken code shouldn't be released at all. A delay won't make users angry more than wasted time trying to get thing done but failed instead.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Regards,

We tested wallet half to a day before release it to people. You should know that: test environment is very different from in real life. You can't cover all cases and we did try as much as possible. We always want to do the best for miners, who go with us, believe us, trust us and fell sorry when we made a mistake.
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:24:19 PM

How does people get 7mh hash rate one 280x?

i am running with this setting on 280x core/mem 1027/1250

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 20 -w 256

the best  i can get is 2.1mh

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:47:08 PM

"Fair" would be to roll back everything to block 386228, wouldn't you say? That would be best for the community at large by rewarding everyone who was troubleshooting for the good of all, wouldn't it?

everyone had his chance to mine noone got any advantage
after like 30 mined blocks the wallet was posted for everyone to be used
a few minutes later diff did raise and show people where joining the mining

if someone cant set up solomine
if someone have no access to a windows pc
if someones wallet crashed more that the other ones
is that unfair?

what did others gain
what he lost?

if u didnt mine diamonds last few weeks and months
when diamond difficulty was low as hell
should we rollback because u lost something?

if u didnt mine last day where difficulty was very high after a short time already
should we rollback?

what u expect from a rollback?
easy diamonds from beeing one of the first miner?

diamond is not that kind of coin
after restart network it needed like 3 blocks until diff was adjusted to be at 1 dmd per minute there was no unfair fast mining

the mining rewards will stay for sure at least 1 1/2 years at the same 1 dmd each block until 1500000 total coins reached

that i call fair

network stay running in current blockchain

i post a crashfixed wallet in a few minutes
ui glitch (white mouseovers) isnt fixed will follow in later wallet
for now stability wallet release is more important that wait a lot more hours

as announced by pit_DMD linux wallet and source and some support to compile own linux wallets will follow

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptodave

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

CryptocoinsInfo.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

it's really strange, got 11 MHs on an old HD5970 - my HD7950 = 5.3 MHs, HD7970 = 7.1 MHs...

realtime altcoin list for miner & trader - sortable by daily income, nethashrate, trading volume, time for solo mining, ...
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

it's really strange, got 11 MHs on an old HD5970 - my HD7950 = 5.3 MHs, HD7970 = 7.1 MHs...

its not strange
its know that 59xx cards have very high performance on groestl algo

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:59:19 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 11:35:46 PM by cryptonit

STABILITY PATCHED WALLET
(not mandatory but strongly suggested)

new Blockchain database file (in old database format which solve crashes) (only use with wallet below)
https://mega.co.nz/#!qZxFhRwI!OhpHJXjhWC2F17XkKiiBuXKxvN9Wk4uD_z8Td1MtoBA
to use this leave only diamond.conf and wallet.dat in your appdata/diamond folder
and extract this files there

new windows QT wallet (only use with blockchain posted above)
https://mega.co.nz/#!iRIlTIbT!VmRZXk85PO5121zDwPz5Xj92Lg8KvyYTJ29kM91-G3o
stable but ui glitches with white mouseover. fix will follow soon

source (temp until we push it up to official dmdcoin github)
source updated https://github.com/pitdmd/DMD_Pit

please send any error reports towards our support staff via link below
ONLY WITH LATEST BLOCKCHAIN AND WALLET -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg6526277#msg6526277
that make it easyer for us to track errors and fix them
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=324653

dont expect a reply on every PM
dont express opinions or feedback there
just facts for fix wallet troubles

thx for understanding

for any feedback/opinions use this btt thread
we try our best to fix reported issues asap

source updated https://github.com/pitdmd/DMD_Pit (source (temp until we push it up to official dmdcoin github))

precompiled linux diamondd headless wallet
https://mega.co.nz/#!XI5QlAzJ!xKD4JtMLpJPAGdf0rAmiwARkZfdYRAO9fE3BcL71NAU

please keep in mind pool need custom stratum u need to be groestl combatible stratum
and u need to be foundation share compatible

here some point to start researching regarding needed foundation stratum changes
only interesting for people who setup a pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581065.920

regarding groestl stratum changes please pool owner with already running groestlpool share their knowledge

WITHOUT FIXED STRATUM POOLS WONT GET ACCEPTED BLOCKS!

sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:07:39 PM

isnt 5970 a card with 2x5870 chip? if so then even 5870 get the same hash rate as 7950

GimmeMyCoins

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:09:44 PM

isnt 5970 a card with 2x5870 chip? if so then even 5870 get the same hash rate as 7950

Here is a post a few pages back:

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:27:22 PM

"Fair" would be to roll back everything to block 386228, wouldn't you say? That would be best for the community at large by rewarding everyone who was troubleshooting for the good of all, wouldn't it?

everyone had his chance to mine noone got any advantage
after like 30 mined blocks the wallet was posted for everyone to be used
a few minutes later diff did raise and show people where joining the mining

if someone cant set up solomine
if someone have no access to a windows pc
if someones wallet crashed more that the other ones
is that unfair?

what did others gain
what he lost?

if u didnt mine diamonds last few weeks and months
when diamond difficulty was low as hell
should we rollback because u lost something?

if u didnt mine last day where difficulty was very high after a short time already
should we rollback?

what u expect from a rollback?
easy diamonds from beeing one of the first miner?

diamond is not that kind of coin
after restart network it needed like 3 blocks until diff was adjusted to be at 1 dmd per minute there was no unfair fast mining

the mining rewards will stay for sure at least 1 1/2 years at the same 1 dmd each block until 1500000 total coins reached

that i call fair

network stay running in current blockchain

i post a crashfixed wallet in a few minutes
ui glitch (white mouseovers) isnt fixed will follow in later wallet
for now stability wallet release is more important that wait a lot more hours

as announced by pit_DMD linux wallet and source and some support to compile own linux wallets will follow

I'm surprised by that response.

First, because my suggestion was so far fetched to begin with such that a smiley face would have been enough to put it down (and any implementation would have been truly revolutionary from the community ethic standpoint).

Second, because no-one would have even thought to include anything outside of this specific launch period in their counter-argument (what does anything about whether someone mined or not prior to block 386228 have to do with it? what does anything about the future have to do with it? we're talking about a specific period of time where only the selfish have benefited).

Third, because, at the end of the day, it is a response that ultimately defends (albeit poorly argued with irrelevant arguments) the position of the selfish miner who did not think of the community, and it ignores those who put the community first (think about it, who would benefit from your logic if such a revolutionary idea were indeed to be seriously contemplated? the selfish miner or the community contributor? - again, during this period of time from block 386228 to now, or whenever we do get the DMD network up and running)

None of that is to say that those are/were your intentions, but a very serious inference can be taken from your words.

As I said, I'm very surprised by that reply. It's very out of character for you.

And it's just not true that everyone had his chance to mine and that none got any advantage. To say that suggests a complete disconnect with the reality behind the current issue and situation.

swannsonite

Activity: 109

In Crypto We Verify

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:21:43 PM

STABILITY PATCHED WALLET

new Blockchain database file (in old database format which solve crashes) (only use with wallet below)
to use this leave only diamond.conf and wallet.dat in your appdata/diamond folder

Awesome work it is not crashing for me solo mining! Well at least not yet Tongue the other wallet worked for a few hours.
I am sure this was a very quick patch just reporting that any of the hover bubbles that pop up appear blank.

Edit: They are not blank. Text is just very close to the same color as the bubble.
swannsonite

Activity: 109

In Crypto We Verify

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:40:42 PM

Found block with updated wallet looking good.  Grin
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

STABILITY PATCHED WALLET

Awesome work it is not crashing for me solo mining! Well at least not yet Tongue the other wallet worked for a few hours.
I am sure this was a very quick patch just reporting that any of the hover bubbles that pop up appear blank.

Edit: They are not blank. Text is just very close to the same color as the bubble.

we know its open issue
on ui designer pc they where working after compile it was white in white in mouseover
we will fix this glitch in another wallet update
stability fix was to urgend to wait for ui mouseover fix

danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:45:53 PM

I have contributed the following changes to makefile.bsd, in order to make diamond compile on FreeBSD. The first defines might be install specific, as they refer to the port versions I have installed.

diff -r Diamond-Coin-2.0.orig/src/makefile.bsd DMD_Final/src/makefile.bsd
5,6c5,11
< USE_UPNP:=0
< USE_IPV6:=1
---
> USE_UPNP:=-
> USE_IPV6:=-
> BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
> BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include/db48
> BOOST_LIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> BDB_LIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib/db48
> STATIC=1
55c60
<    -l dl \
---
> #   -l dl \
133a139,140
>     hash/groestl.o \
>     obj/scrypt.o \

So far so good, let's see how it runs.

Has anyone succeeded in making DMD work with a pool? I was away the whole day..

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: