Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850312 times)
fedge

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:08:05 PM

I want to be able to use... so that would pry need a different miner program instead of cpuminer....

voltage=1
--no-submit-stale
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:24:17 AM

Does Minera (cpuminer) support extranonce subscriptions?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562238.msg7439217#msg7439217

I don't know but I remember there were some issues with CPUminer-gc3355 and Nicehash pool, but for this we should ask to Sandor.

Did the donation pool issue happen again?

For who is posting how to remove the donation pool, changing it directly in the json file and change permission on it could work but read-only permission aren't 777 but 444.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:57:39 AM

damn this dashboard is one of the best I have seen so far.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:25:35 AM

I don't know but I remember there were some issues with CPUminer-gc3355 and Nicehash pool, but for this we should ask to Sandor.

For who is posting how to remove the donation pool, changing it directly in the json file and change permission on it could work but read-only permission aren't 777 but 444.

I had about 30% of one of my two rigs on the donationpool the other day based on the amount of accepted shares. I don't think Clevermining, Ghash, Nicehash AND multipool were down but Ghash did work on the donation account. It seems it's not checking up in the list but with an error just going down. I've manually removed the donationpool from the json file but it's a pain to change the password for nicehash every time the rate of scrypt jumps or drops through WinSCP Smiley

Would it be possible to make the donation minutes an option starting with 1 minutes increments instead of 15 and higher and remove the donation pool for now? I've already donated around release 1.0 but wouldn't be against donating another 5 minutes a day on top of that.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:32:47 AM

My bad... chmod 777 changes the permissions of the file file to read, write, and execute for all. Thank you for correcting me  Cool

PS: But it works!

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:42:59 AM

I have no idea but I have been mining at Nicehash using Minera with very decent results. I believe the trick is to find the appropriate difficulty. Right now, I have one Blade (80 chips) pointed at Nicehash with diff=1024.

I'm getting a fairly stable hash rate with very few rejections.

Ajeto

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

I had about 30% of one of my two rigs on the donationpool the other day based on the amount of accepted shares. I don't think Clevermining, Ghash, Nicehash AND multipool were down but Ghash did work on the donation account. It seems it's not checking up in the list but with an error just going down. I've manually removed the donationpool from the json file but it's a pain to change the password for nicehash every time the rate of scrypt jumps or drops through WinSCP Smiley

Would it be possible to make the donation minutes an option starting with 1 minutes increments instead of 15 and higher and remove the donation pool for now? I've already donated around release 1.0 but wouldn't be against donating another 5 minutes a day on top of that.

Exactly the same situation was happening with my miners... It simply moved down the list (5 or 6 major multipools, which could not be down all at once) and end up on donation pool. I also had to remove donation pools manually otherwise using Minera (donating 30% of the time) simply would't make sense.
Ajeto

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

I have no idea but I have been mining at Nicehash using Minera with very decent results. I believe the trick is to find the appropriate difficulty. Right now, I have one Blade (80 chips) pointed at Nicehash with diff=1024.

Not really sure if it does make sense lately to set diff on nicehash, because they implemented vardiff which ignores settings. I could be wrong though.

Before vardiff i think diff=2048 worked best for 5 Blades on 1 RPi. Somehow diff=8192 (from their spreadsheet) just didn't work so well.
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

Not really sure if it does make sense lately to set diff on nicehash, because they implemented vardiff which ignores settings. I could be wrong though.

Before vardiff i think diff=2048 worked best for 5 Blades on 1 RPi. Somehow diff=8192 (from their spreadsheet) just didn't work so well.

Maybe you're right. I just shared my recent experience but I must admit my results can be pure coincidence

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

Exactly the same situation was happening with my miners... It simply moved down the list (5 or 6 major multipools, which could not be down all at once) and end up on donation pool. I also had to remove donation pools manually otherwise using Minera (donating 30% of the time) simply would't make sense.

I know this isn't THE solution but I think moving the donation pool as the second to the last pool could do the trick. So if this really weird behaviour happens it selects a pool of yours instead the donation one.

This can help while I'm finding the real solution.

n00bminer

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

The slide freq bar is frustrating as it only does 5 mhz increments.  Not good when blades sweet spot is 838.  --freq=838 does not override the slide bar on save.  You have to:
nano /var/www/minera/conf/miner_conf.json
and fix by hand.

Can we have the textbox added back for this?
Ajeto

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:32:40 AM

I know this isn't THE solution but I think moving the donation pool as the second to the last pool could do the trick. So if this really weird behaviour happens it selects a pool of yours instead the donation one.

Moving donation pool to second to the last does not really help here. It still wil uncontrollably miner on that pool if you don't check your miners all the time..

Suggestion: how about adding donation pool in a way that can be removed? This will still leave an option to donate for everyone and to remove it for those with multiple Blades, since all of them most likely removed it manually. Just until you find a better solution..
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:06:08 AM

Moving donation pool to second to the last does not really help here. It still wil uncontrollably miner on that pool if you don't check your miners all the time..

Suggestion: how about adding donation pool in a way that can be removed? This will still leave an option to donate for everyone and to remove it for those with multiple Blades, since all of them most likely removed it manually. Just until you find a better solution..

mmm and what do you think about adding an option to automatically switch to the main pool every X minutes? I mean, Minera could check every X minutes if it's hashing on the main pool and if doesn't it tries to switch to it.

EDIT: BTW I think the problem is related to Nicehash pool only, I'm almost convinced of this. I know it's not a good workaround but if you with this kind of problem could try to remove the Nicehash pool completely (no main no failover) that could be a nice try.

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:05 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:48:17 AM by Trimegistus

mmm and what do you think about adding an option to automatically switch to the main pool every X minutes? I mean, Minera could check every X minutes if it's hashing on the main pool and if doesn't it tries to switch to it.

That has to be the default behavior, not the other way around. Minera has to mine in our chosen pools and not in any system enforced pool.

EDIT: BTW I think the problem is related to Nicehash pool only, I'm almost convinced of this. I know it's not a good workaround but if you with this kind of problem could try to remove the Nicehash pool completely (no main no failover) that could be a nice try.

Nicehash’s price variation is indeed a reason for multiple disconnects but I accidentally mined to the donation pool for several hours without having Nicehash in my selection at the moment. Therefore, Nicehash is not the one to blame. In reality, all pools experience some kind of failure, network instability, hash rate fluctuations, rejection peaks, etc. The goal of having multiple pools is exactly to have a contingency plan in the event of any failure in the main pool.

But the key fact remains: Donation has to be voluntary, by definition! If a donation is somehow enforced or mandatory, then it becomes a fee. It the donation happens by accident, then we have to call it something else, but not donation!

I donate when I feel like, not when the system fails!

Michelem made a sweet job, I love it and I have donated more than once. But now I stay away from my rig for 24 ou 48 hours and cannot stand the idea of accidentally mining as a donation against my will. Donation by accident is not donation!

I truly believe in the generosity of michelem’s intentions, proven by his dedication to the development of this system as a hobby. But still, I removed the donation pool and will keep things as they are until I voluntarily decide it’s time to donate again.

By my choice, and not by some random event…

Ajeto

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:14:08 AM

I am afraid that is not such a good idea. For example I have 6 pools listed and when i see a better profitability on pool3 I switch all RPis to it. If those pools will automatically switch back to pool0 that is not ok.

I also think that having Nicehash in pool list is not the reason why these changes happen.

I still think that donaton pool, that can be removed by those, who have problems with it, is the best fast solution. 
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:41:36 PM

I am afraid that is not such a good idea. For example I have 6 pools listed and when i see a better profitability on pool3 I switch all RPis to it. If those pools will automatically switch back to pool0 that is not ok.

I also think that having Nicehash in pool list is not the reason why these changes happen.

I still think that donaton pool, that can be removed by those, who have problems with it, is the best fast solution.  

I Agree Ajeto.

We all know that your Minera software right now, stands above everyone else, but because of this your are forcing a donation pool on a lot of people and if it continues, you will lose the support of those people that ARE donating to you cause they are getting pissed off about this. ( just look at Ginero who is now only known as a scammer and a douchebag ) but LSB and RRTFON are known as gods.

just put a check box of on or off for the donation pool, this way people who want to donate will and those who don't will still praise your Frontend and keep spreading the good word to other miners and i'm shure you will come on top this way, like many others i donated at the beginning to you and sandors and right now i'm not interered in donating more at the moment, but with this donation pool "problem" i'm very close to pluggin that cable to my windows PC.

just my to cents worth but i think a lot of people are thinking the same thing.

Minera Rocks BTW THAT there is no denying it
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

Thank you all for your feedbacks. Well, I think the better solution is adding the ability to remove the donation pool, at least until I can find what causes this problem.

But I have to add the ability to re-add it too or at least to add it if you select the time donation, I'll update you soon about this.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

Love the program for pool mining, but because it inserts http: in front of the pool name you can't use it for solo mining.  Stuck hooking up the laptop and using cgminer.  Other thing, using cgminer I get a lot less HW errors then with Minera.

Still love the program though...

Ajeto

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:49:00 PM

Thank you all for your feedbacks. Well, I think the better solution is adding the ability to remove the donation pool, at least until I can find what causes this problem.

But I have to add the ability to re-add it too or at least to add it if you select the time donation, I'll update you soon about this.

Thank you michelem.

Also sending you screenshot so you can see how the Blades are moving through the whole list .. Will also send you log from this Rasp to your mail address.

chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:49:14 AM

Has anyone gotten Minera to work with MiningRigRentals.com.  Everytime I put the pool info in it does weird things and never connects.  I've tried both the http:// version and stratum+tcp:// version of their configuration.

I've done this on two different Pi's.  Both Pi's are running mini Gridseed Dual miners.

From the Rig Information page. Does it matter that Minera uses CPUminer?

Miner Configuration Examples

cgminer --scrypt -o http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
sgminer --scrypt -o http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
cudaminer --algo scrypt --url http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x --no-gbt --no-getwork

Note: cudaminer users may need to use stratum+tcp://

Please allow up to 2 minutes for your miner to establish its connection

Not sure if you found a fix for this, but if you haven't put http://[MRRStuff] as your pool. Start minera, view the logs for "something like 'stratum at ___- requested reconnect to ____:5####" and switch the 3333 with the 5 number you just found.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: