Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:09:02 AM

I can't withdraw my coins from mintpal. It says that status is confirmed but it is like that for few hours now. Did anyone managed to withdraw VRC from mintpal yet.

I moved some of my assets out of MintPal, among them, the VRCs, which took the most time to get to destination.

Opened a ticket but in around 1.5 hours I got the VRCs in the destination wallet.

If it has been several hours, I suggest you to open a ticket.

Eth.
Just got them, after 2 hours of waiting. Now requested a lot more to withdraw. I will leave some VRC on mintpal but I want most of them in my wallet for now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:19:00 AM

Good and valid reasons.

What about the thief? Would it motivate more hackers to do it if they can always get away with it? Would this defer people from investing in crypto?

Problem with thief is that you and me, we can not be sure if that was real thief or just stupid system bug.
Usually when such attack are there are dumps to 1sat ( WC 2x spend attack )...
Why only VRC was affected while BTC LTC was in cold wallet...
All loks more like inside bug of Mintpal  system than any theft for me.

We will never know if that was real thief or some inside mintpal altercation...
Once on poloniex was sold stolen (300 000) DRK for 5000sat coin recovered in 4 months getting 500x.
Same was with Gox and BTC when 10% of BTC was stolen.
Thefts can't kill good coin.
Reputation is much harder to get back.

PS: BTW Whales are same kind of thief's they pump coin and go away with BTC look at Doge manipulation to 300sat they never invest in any coin for real.
they want pump it and leave it after dump naive investors are burned. To many things re manipulated in crypto from price to announcements.

You know the thief attempted to steal again after the first hack.

So, it wasn't "lost" as it wouldn't have been able to be transferred again after the first fork.

Additional forks where needed and implemented after to get back to a safe point due to the thieves attempt shortly after the fix, while other miners had yet to switch to new wallet.

Very little doubt that someone had 30% of the network and could have got them staked if it wasn't for the devs acting when they did. If they pulled off staking the 30% before the network switched to a new fork then VeriCoin would be dead and the whole crypto universe right now would be in a Mintgox situation. The developers did a amazing job in the days after the event. Very impressed with the team and how it reacted to such adversity.

This is the vision of what the blockchain can become. It can have integrity and prevent theft like we found out in the past few days. Now its up to crypto to kill the idea, or to champion it and find out a proper way to deal with major fraud, and theft. LIKE ANY CIVIL SOCIETY.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:23:14 AM

It is not like the developer team decided to hardfork the blockchain for personal gain.

Let's imagine a scenario when the developer team or a government did it for personal gain or political reasons. What would be the consequence?

What would you do if you own that coin?

Would the majority refuse to update the wallet?

Would a group of people to come forth and take over the development of the coin?

This is the nature and beauty of decentralised & open source network.

If you try to dictate and insist what a coin should do or not do, isn't that contradicting?

Maybe you should ask the devs how much vrc they hold? You might be surprised Smiley I don't have more facts than pnosker showed some screenshot of his 500k+ wallet some weeks ago.
That might blur how objective they were just a "tad" Wink

This was of course the true reason to do the rollback, not to lose any profits they have made. This is also the reason why most of VRC holders cheer the rollback. Or have you seen anyone not holding vrc, that would defend the rollback?

I had VRC on mintpal, but I would rather have lost my coins, tried to get MP to reimburse me than having a rollback that goes against everything in crypto
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:23:49 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 12:29:00 PM by mrkavasaki

centralized exchanger are so 2013  Roll Eyes

decentralized exchanger like http://blackhalo.info/, http://bithalo.org/ is the new shit!!

and thats why only bitcoin and blackcoin will go todamoon Cheesy

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:26:04 AM

It is not like the developer team decided to hardfork the blockchain for personal gain.

Let's imagine a scenario when the developer team or a government did it for personal gain or political reasons. What would be the consequence?

Would a group of people to come forth and take over the development of the coin?

If you try to dictate and insist what a coin should do or not do, isn't that contradicting?

Maybe you should ask the devs how much vrc they hold? You might be surprised Smiley I don't have more facts than pnosker showed some screenshot of his 500k+ wallet some weeks ago.

This was of course the true reason to do the rollback, not to lose any profits they have made. This is also the reason why most of VRC holders cheer the rollback. Or have you seen anyone not holding vrc, that would defend the rollback?

I had VRC on mintpal, but I would rather have lost my coins, tried to get MP to reimburse me than having a rollback that goes against everything in crypto

If vericoin holders didn't like it, you think you'd see a little more volume and panic?

No, I think you're finding aside from the few that are vocally mad, the majority of normal folks will look at this as a huge step forward.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

Everyone is talking about how it can't be trusted, and how this clearly demonstates how insecure proof of share blockchains are.

Then, by that measure, 'everyone' is a misinformed idiot. The Bitcoin blockchain has been rolled back in its early history, too, but people didn't start screaming about teh injustice of it all and that it couldn't be trusted and, as has been pointed out numerous times, VRC is still a decentralised currency, if the majority of wallet holders didn't agree to the rollback then Pat and Mintpal would have found themselves sitting alone on their own little fork.

How does this issue relate to a PoS weakness?

BTW, VRC has value-added services which, at this time, are centralised, it doesn't mean to say that people don't value them or find them extremely useful. This rabid hysteria against VeriBit or VeriSend is absurd considering the naysayers are more than happy to use centralised point-of-sale webs services for transactions involving bitcoin.
This newb doesn't even know the difference between a hard-fork for technical reasons (flaw in core code allowing unintended block to be created), and a blockchain rollback for external reasons (bailing out an exchange).

The proof of share weakness is that VRC would have been an easy 51% target if the rollback fork had not been pushed.  That can't happen with a proof of share coin.  To 51% attack BTC or LTC, you need to invest in real hardware beyond reasonable means.  To 51% attack a proof of share (aka, proof of nothing) coin like VRC, you simply need steal a wallet.dat.  Therefore, VRC is reliant on internal security, for security - a deeply flawed concept.  Proof of share coins are secure external to the blockchain.

You don't think its just as easy to hack the people who already control 51% mining share?

Another scenario in which POW is NOT very safe. What if a new technology comes out with incredible hashing ability in the future and a nefarious party gets larger than ghash.io? What if a country decides to make a large bitcoin mining operation and take significant control of the minining network. BITCOIN and POW is not as secure as all those pointing the finger at POS would like to believe.

With POS you can see the money trail coming. You are supposed to buy coin so that way it would not make much practical sense for someone to be motivated to ruin there own investment.

This is a learning experience, just like all others. I feel it was a 1 off in VRC, and the devs said so to. We cannot determine if it was right / wrong yet without speculating. We need to hear from Mintpal on how they could let so much of a POS be vulnerable when it has the ability to severely impact there exchange, and your communities.

The conversation should be on mintpal, and other exchanges and how they should store/secure funds, or we need to find a way to trade securely without large centralized exchanges. Not about if what vericoin did was right it wrong. It did the only thing it could do in the face of extreme negligence by a trusted third party to the ENTIRE crypto community.

Well... Satoshi can answer that for you

"June 17, 2010: The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime."

"July 16, 2010: SHA256 is not going to be broken by Moore’s law computational improvements in our lifetimes. If it’s going to get broken, it’ll be by some breakthrough cracking method. An attack that could so thoroughly vanquish SHA256 to bring it within computationally tractable range has a good chance of clobbering SHA512 too. If we see a weakness in SHA256 coming gradually, we can transition to a new hash function after a certain block number. Everyone would have to upgrade their software by that block number. The new software would keep a new hash of all the old blocks to make sure they’re not replaced with another block with the same old hash."

keshuker

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:30:14 AM

Uhm, if vericoin holders didn't like it, you think you'd see a little more volume and panic?

No, I think you're finding aside from the few that are vocally mad, the majority of normal folks will look at this as a huge step forward.

You spam the thread so hard that you dont take time to read.
Or have you seen anyone not holding vrc, that would defend the rollback?
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:36:37 AM

I need some clarification on something please......  In my wallet, I have two addresses total.  The first address (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) had just over 28k coins in it.  Second address (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) had only 3.44 coins in it. So, I tried to transfer the 3.44 coins from (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) to (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) so all my coins would be under one address.  What happened though is what I don't quite understand.  Fyi, I'm using Chainz to track this. Looks like the 3.44 coins stayed in the same address, but 1096 coins went to (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd) which is an address that I don't have in my wallet. My balance, from within the wallet, isn't showing that I'm missing 1096 coins but Chainz is showing them in the new address (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd).  Why did this happen and did these 1096 coins just go somewhere they can't be retrieved?  This fork thing has made me want to dig a little deeper into understanding all of this.  Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone provide an explanation for this ^^^

I first posted it yesterday, but didn't get much of an answer

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:39:09 AM

Uhm, if vericoin holders didn't like it, you think you'd see a little more volume and panic?

Yes, you don't have to look back very far. A lot of sensible people agree with the thought, THEFT SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED to anyone in a civilized society.

Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:42:03 AM

I need some clarification on something please......  In my wallet, I have two addresses total.  The first address (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) had just over 28k coins in it.  Second address (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) had only 3.44 coins in it. So, I tried to transfer the 3.44 coins from (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) to (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) so all my coins would be under one address.  What happened though is what I don't quite understand.  Fyi, I'm using Chainz to track this. Looks like the 3.44 coins stayed in the same address, but 1096 coins went to (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd) which is an address that I don't have in my wallet. My balance, from within the wallet, isn't showing that I'm missing 1096 coins but Chainz is showing them in the new address (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd).  Why did this happen and did these 1096 coins just go somewhere they can't be retrieved?  This fork thing has made me want to dig a little deeper into understanding all of this.  Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Click "Display coin control features"

Select before the send which coins send from.
keshuker

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:45:52 AM

Yes, you don't have to look back very far. A lot of sensible people agree with the thought, THEFT SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED to anyone in a civilized society.

Ok so it will be easy task for you to link me to some of these neutral non vrc holding ppl that think the rollback was a good idea?

Thank you
btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

Well, they worked hard and they deserve it more than the thief.

There is no new supply being introduced into the blockchain and stolen coins are returned to their rightful owners.

Isn't that enough for you?

If you are so against the fork. Why don't you all fork vericoin github, setup supernodes and runs the original blockchain? So you can preserve your purist ego at the expense of other people.

I bet you don't care. Most of you don't care. Most people here only care about profits and the coin they baghold.
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:53:39 AM

I bet you don't care. Most of you don't care. Most people here only care about profits and the coin they baghold.

I have to admit, after all the blackcoin bagholders trolling this thread, I now hate blackcoin, which is a coin I didn't care about before. If blackcoin loses more value than it already has, I would be okay with that. Whereas before I would not.

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:53:46 AM

Click "Display coin control features"

Select before the send which coins send from.

So..... where did the 1,096 coins go.  Did I lose them

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

For all those thinking this would kill crypto, and vericoin.

I got news for ya, The wallet count is up 10% + since the hack. (meaning people are preferring personal storage over exchanges.

Also, distribution of coins has now started to improve dramaticly.

before hack we had 120,000 coins roughly outside of the top 1,000 wallets.

todays numbers are 316,000 vericoins held outside of the top 1,000 wallets. And mintpal is still getting people funds that they are transfering to wallets, or in some cases to other exchanges to sell.

VeriCoin will be more secure, and will have seperated itself from the pack.

Going forward everyone has the right where to put there money. You have 2 choices now.

1. Invest in ANY other coin on the market that will not change the "law of satoshi" and continue the way things are going.

2. Invest in Vericoin who is trying to bring harmony to centralized / decentralized world.

I am going to take my chances with the coin that is seperating itself toward real world adoption. Not the current trend in crypto which is anon. Which no doubt drives crypto further underground. I chose to be a part of a project to go more mainstream.

Right now the bitcoin + alt market is lets say 8-9 billion okay. It has been as high as a little over 10 billion. This has taken 4 years of satoshi's mindset to gather a networth of 8 billion. With all the benefits we know bitcoin has, how come only this much money has invested in bitcoin? Think about it. WHY is 10 billion a large market? Its not. Now lets compare that to 1 company making electronics. Bitcoin is still 1/50th the size of a single company. Yet we trust bitcoin has the power to change the world. Why has it not yet? WHY, ask yourself that question. A new paradigm is coming. Vericoin will lead crypto currency into the masses with its sensible appeal to real people.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:00:23 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 12:21:15 PM by CodeHunter

For all those thinking this would kill crypto, and vericoin.

I got news for ya, The wallet count is up 10% + since the hack. (meaning people are preferring personal storage over exchanges.

Also, distribution of coins has now started to improve dramaticly.

before hack we had 120,000 coins roughly outside of the top 1,000 wallets.

todays numbers are 316,000 vericoins held outside of the top 1,000 wallets. And mintpal is still getting people funds that they are transfering to wallets, or in some cases to other exchanges to sell.

Vericoin investors have become the most paranoid of the bunch. And because of that, no other alt coin is as safely away from these exchanges, and therefore as decentralized in containment.

Because of this incident, Vericoin has become stronger than ever. The typical ironies of the crypto world.

Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:06:08 PM

Vericoin will be the best  known alt coin after litecoin.  Free publicity is always good Wink

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:09:31 PM

Vericoin will be the best  known alt coin after litecoin.  Free publicity is always good Wink

Indeed, and to top it off, its a better way of doing thing, People who pick up a newspaper, or read a financial blog are going to hear how the first time in history crypto technology provided a way to prevent theft and return money.

What I don't understand is where is the anger toward the hacker? Why is nobody as outraged as I am that it seems nobody is going to attempt to find this guy?

It would be a great idea if mintpal hired a team to investigate this with every resource they have. They owe the crypto community to cause trouble for this hacker, and subsequent hacker attempts. If this entity, that tried to steal money goes unpunished, it will encourage future thieves from trying the same thing against other coins, on other exchanges.

souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:25:03 PM

<@MintPal-Jason> We're working on a few things internally before we look to re-add VRC. No ETA yet

_@/'
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:28:49 PM

Vericoin will be the best  known alt coin after litecoin.  Free publicity is always good Wink

Indeed, and to top it off, its a better way of doing thing, People who pick up a newspaper, or read a financial blog are going to hear how the first time in history crypto technology provided a way to prevent theft and return money.

What I don't understand is where is the anger toward the hacker? Why is nobody as outraged as I am that it seems nobody is going to attempt to find this guy?

It would be a great idea if mintpal hired a team to investigate this with every resource they have. They owe the crypto community to cause trouble for this hacker, and subsequent hacker attempts. If this entity, that tried to steal money goes unpunished, it will encourage future thieves from trying the same thing against other coins, on other exchanges.

I agree this is the biggest theft after gox.  This can't be ignored.
The is evolution of crypto ist like the evolution of fiat but on steroids and at this moment we surpassed with vericoin the wildwest where  time of Bankrobber was and will lead the world into the new golden 20s Smiley

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: