Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:46:10 AM

No wonder so many BC people come here to act like Assholes.

They can't do it on there own thread because they CENSOR there own community. (wonder why)

I love the fact BC people come here claiming centralized this, centralized that. THERE OWN FORUM IS CENTRALIZED. Idiots.

I rather this forum be moderated like the other ones. Too much arguing in this thread.

Everyone has a right to free speach. And intelligent people can decide why they say what they do.

The whole champion of the decentralized thing is a gimmick for BC. I don't even think half the people know what it means. There forum sure isn't promoting decentralization. It centers all the power in a few moderators hands with WHO KNOWS what agenda. All the pump in the world won't get that shit currency moving again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:53:03 AM

They can't do it on there own thread because they CENSOR there own community. (wonder why)

I love the fact BC people come here claiming centralized this, centralized that. THERE OWN FORUM IS CENTRALIZED. Idiots.

As I stated a few posts back, I had VRC too. But if your opinion is that anyone who has vrc, is not allowed to have any other crypto. Then just say it straight out.

Btw, where can I read the decentralised vrc forum?
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:55:42 AM

As I stated a few posts back, I had VRC too. But if your opinion is that anyone who has vrc, is not allowed to have any other crypto. Then just say it straight out.

your sig shows your a BC fanboy. BC is a dead coin, down it will go for a long long time. heheh
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:56:49 AM

You can have any coin you want. I don't think that's a problem being diversified.

But for those of the BC community coming here saying centralization will kill everything. Obviously they don't use there own bitcointalk community forum (you know, the one that smells like roses)

You are reading a decentralized forum right here, nobody enforces any agenda here. Its not a centralized figure we need to worry if we offend or not when we post.

Your centralized forum at BC would be a great place for you all to start fixing your own centralization issues.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:58:30 AM

(Poloniex): Last price: 0.00031 BTC
(Cryptsy): Last price: 0.00030945 BTC
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:00:52 PM

(Poloniex): Last price: 0.00031 BTC
(Cryptsy): Last price: 0.00030945 BTC

Oh my god ...what a panic sell ...NOT

Cheesy

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:14:35 PM

You can have any coin you want. I don't think that's a problem being diversified.

But for those of the BC community coming here saying centralization will kill everything. Obviously they don't use there own bitcointalk community forum (you know, the one that smells like roses)

You are reading a decentralized forum right here, nobody enforces any agenda here. Its not a centralized figure we need to worry if we offend or not when we post.

Your centralized forum at BC would be a great place for you all to start fixing your own centralization issues.

I can understand that you go nuts right now, but if you cannot see a significant difference between

1. 100% centralized core features of a coin "brand" like VRC
2. now also rollback of the blockchain initiated by a handful of devs and an exchange that claimed to be hacked
3. a self-moderated Bitcointalk-thread

you have way more serious problems that just the current VRC situation.

It's lacking the order depth to dump hundreds of BTC worth into, that's the reason Tongue

Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:15:07 PM

i got the latest vrc wallet but its not syncing, left it run overnight, still out of sync - how can i fix it?

Windows or mac ?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:16:49 PM

i got the latest vrc wallet but its not syncing, left it run overnight, still out of sync - how can i fix it?

Windows or mac ?

I have it with my mac. Downloaded the bootstrap and placed it with wallet.dat and vericoin.conf. Start the wallet but it hangs for ages now on importing bootstrap. Hope it all comes well.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:18:59 PM

Synced my wallet .
Works .

All my coin are there and i am synced

Yup same here lets thing settle down and all this fud behind us.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

The problem is that it will. Any new investors looking at altcoins after a week will never know this happened, and that it can happen again.

So best solution is to ask the exchanges to delist vrc as it isn't a cryptocurrency anymore, and there are real risks putting money into it.

Vericoin will be delisted sooner then later!
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:19:30 PM

what is the eta for the fiat wallet after being delaied by the fork now ?
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:25:10 PM

I can understand that you go nuts right now, but if you cannot see a significant difference between

2. now also rollback of the blockchain initiated by a handful of devs and an exchange that claimed to be hacked

It's lacking the order depth to dump hundreds of BTC worth into, that's the reason Tongue

This is not a self-moderated thread.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
junky998

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:26:14 PM

Hi Everyone, fork is complete with update 1.3.3!

Go here to download the new wallet: www.vericoin.info

Backup your wallet.dat first before proceeding, it's location is listed below for your system.

Windows:
We recommend uninstalling old VeriCoin program in remove programs control panel, then deleting everything but wallet.dat in your username\appdata\roaming\VeriCoin folder and running the default installer settings.  This will load up the full block and you will be on the splash screen for 30-60 minutes while it loads the blockchain data.

Mac:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat from user/library/applicationsupport/vericoin and putting these two files in this directory as well: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat
You will sit at the splash screen for 30-60 minutes while the whole blockchain loads up.

Linux:
We recommend deleting everything from .vericoin but wallet.dat, putting these two files in this directory as well: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat

Install necessary dependencies if you haven't already.  (Debian)
sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libqrencode-dev git

You will sit at the splash screen for 30-60 minutes while the whole blockchain loads up.

You might wanna update the first page of the thread. Took me some time to scroll through all the rubbish messages ^^;
Thanks.
Tonylock50

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:28:51 PM

This is the second time I downloaded and installed v1.3.3, Itdoes not sync and shows up as v1.3.2.0-g32a928e in the About Vericoin tab.
Both times I deleted the entire contents of Vericoin appdata except .dat file. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to add to Console?
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:29:58 PM

From what I can tell any dev can rollback any blockchain at any time. Also from what I can tell no other coin (but BTC) has had enough clout to be a serious target. So if this same hack were to take place in the infancy of another coin, there may have been a similar action.

I am trying to wrap my head around the constant "exchange claimed to be hacked" comments. What exactly could they gain by alerting the devs to an in process hack?

Is there actually some sort of profit behind your idea of an exchange stealing VRC? When they would have done better with BTC since it is most commonly stolen?

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:30:09 PM

This is the second time I downloaded and installed v1.3.3, Itdoes not sync and shows up as v1.3.2.0-g32a928e in the About Vericoin tab.
Both times I deleted the entire contents of Vericoin appdata except .dat file. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to add to Console?

go to your C drive

program files (x86) (yours may be diff)

Get rid of your vericoin contents here. Also, What I did that worked. Take your wallet.dat file and back it up off your computer. erase anything vericoin related to the wallet, download a fresh new wallet and then when its done. I took my .dat file and imported it into the new one and took out old wallet.dat file.

That worked for me.

Also a pc I had with no vericoin wallet sync'd right up.

GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

RT @CashhMachine: To all #vericoin users that have balance problems with the new wallet, open the console and type "repairwallet",

Not sure if this will aplly

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:31:33 PM

I have it with my mac. Downloaded the bootstrap and placed it with wallet.dat and vericoin.conf. Start the wallet but it hangs for ages now on importing bootstrap. Hope it all comes well.

My wallet has come up after half an hour, but it hangs at block 108839
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:32:22 PM

This is not a self-moderated thread.
I know.
The guy I answered to was using the "BC thread" as an example for BC also using centralized features/being centralized, which is a bit cringeworthy as an argument IMO.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't

But people who are coming here making claims that vericoin is this or that, should really look at there own coin before bashing others.

They come here claiming centralization will kill crypto. Yet they are perfectly okay with the BC forum being centralized by a few. Do I have the right to post anything negative about BC in there forum, Would I be prevented from doing so by a centralized figure? I am just asking.

Because to come here and say centralized this and that will kill crypto. Obviously they do not know they are centralizing free speach within there own community channels.

I know for a fact, if I agree or disagree I have the right to express my opinion with VeriCoin community.

Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: