Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

I love and believe in crypto, so much so it's almost become my religion!

Here's your problem.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:14:40 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 02:01:17 AM by neurorit

Wrong. If you look at the technicals what does VeriCoin offer that Paypal doesn't? VeriCoin's target users are required to "trust" a centralized service. Now who are you going to trust? Paypal or VeriCoin?

Only people bagholding this crapcoin were amatuers who are in it to make a quick buck and you just proved it by dreaming up somehow, someway VeriCoin will zoom past BTC. KEEP DREAMING  Tongue

Bitcoin in the likes will go mainstream when it's necessary simply because that it is the best freekmarket alternative to hyperinflated debt-based currencies.

I don't have a credit card. But I have Bitcoins, Myriad and gold and silver. And guess what? I know others who choose not to have credit cards/banks etc. In a few years none of us will use credit cards as we know it. Maybe bitcoin or gold back debit cards...

Wake up. debt = slavery http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/06/20140625_oomph.jpg

Calling VRC for what it is....is not FUD. It is pointing out the truth.

View it how you want. VRC is tarnished.

Only in the eyes of certain parties...namely the crypto decentralization purists. The truth is, to most random people (that would be the folks necessary to bring to crypto to ever make it 'mainstream'), Bitcoin is far more tarnished thanks to things like Silk Road and Gox than Vericoin will be by this. In the eyes of the everyday person, this will appear to many as being safer, knowing action can be taken to thwart a massive attack such as this.

While I normally give your serious commentary a fair bit of weight in the reading I do around here, I think that people who are viewing this occurrence in such a fashion are thinking too narrowly. For the average person, centralization and decentralization are not the black and white concepts they are viewed as here.

Occasionally, it is necessary to venture beyond the echo chamber of these forums to understand what still must come to pass before cryptocurrency can ever be a tool of the average Joe.

Please answer to me how VRC will be viewed as "safer" when there can be rollbacks in the future?

Personally I wouldn't want to accept VRC for payment if there is the possibility of a rollback that could take my coins for goods or services I sold to another person.

Please tell me how VRC will be viewed as "safer" because of this new precedent?

And another fact is that merchants already carry inherent risks of a reversible transaction. It happens through consumer protection on credit cards, and can be written off as fraud. I would say that if you were to use the speculation of the threat of a rollback to a merchant, it is only fair to speculate that a merchant could seek recompense through a fraud write off that they could already do with any credit card transaction.

Yes, this rollback has some ominous undertones if it is specifically viewed in such a light...and I think many here are trying to make that out to be the only case. But I think at this point in time, if you truly weigh facts against facts, and speculation against speculation, this is still more likely to be favorably viewed by John Q Public.

Great so vericoin will be the coin of fraudsters worldwide. This whole crypto thing is about having control of your money. I for one wont ever use this coin. I know a bunch of others who feel the same way too. It's too risky when the devs pull this kind of stunt.

The fact is, it takes weeks/months/years to build a coin and its reputation but only seconds to disrtroy it. That the wonderful thing about crypto. Some die horrible deaths quick deaths and other die from cancer in a long drawn out way. Vericoin has terminal cancer!

*I'm not a doctor but I do play one on T.V.

By your logic, then credit cards are the preferred tool of fraudsters worldwide. Ironically, it's not too far from the truth. Good thing no one trusts credit cards, amiright?

Do you even think about what you type before you type it, or are you having a seizure in close proximity to your PC and this is just the result?

I dont trust CC, I dont take them.. Not personally or through paypal.

I know millions of others in the same boat and I know millions of people lose billions of dollars yearly due to credit card fraud.

Its ok. VERICOIN IS THE COIN OF FRAUDSTERS WORLDWIDE!

Please continue!

Pls tell me where you live, I dont know anyone without a credit card. You want to carry cash, how convenient is that. You a drug dealer? Why would you need so much cash. You like money thats been in a hookers butt or a cokeheads nose? Or is it the smell of those pennies that gets ya excited?

You think you are the majority, or the minority? This is why VeriCoin will ZOOM right by bitcoin. Its people willing to use the technology for practical uses (VeriCoin) Verse Idealist (you)

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:16:58 AM

Wrong. If you look at the technicals what does VeriCoin offer that Paypal doesn't. VeriCoin's target users are required to "trust" a centralized service. Now who are you going to trust? Paypal or VeriCoin?

Only people bagholding this crapcoin were amatuers who are in it to make a quick buck and you just proved it by dreaming up somehow, someway VeriCoin will zoom past BTC. KEEP DREAMING  Tongue

Bitcoin in the likes will go mainstream when it's necessary simply because that it is the best freekmarket alternative to hyperinflated debt-based currencies.

I don't have a credit card. But I have Bitcoins, Myriad and gold and silver. And guess what? I know others who choose not to have credit cards/banks etc. In a few years none of us will use credit cards as we know it. Maybe bitcoin or gold back debit cards...

Wake up. debt = slavery http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/06/20140625_oomph.jpg

Only in the eyes of certain parties...namely the crypto decentralization purists. The truth is, to most random people (that would be the folks necessary to bring to crypto to ever make it 'mainstream'), Bitcoin is far more tarnished thanks to things like Silk Road and Gox than Vericoin will be by this. In the eyes of the everyday person, this will appear to many as being safer, knowing action can be taken to thwart a massive attack such as this.

While I normally give your serious commentary a fair bit of weight in the reading I do around here, I think that people who are viewing this occurrence in such a fashion are thinking too narrowly. For the average person, centralization and decentralization are not the black and white concepts they are viewed as here.

Occasionally, it is necessary to venture beyond the echo chamber of these forums to understand what still must come to pass before cryptocurrency can ever be a tool of the average Joe.

Please answer to me how VRC will be viewed as "safer" when there can be rollbacks in the future?

Personally I wouldn't want to accept VRC for payment if there is the possibility of a rollback that could take my coins for goods or services I sold to another person.

And another fact is that merchants already carry inherent risks of a reversible transaction. It happens through consumer protection on credit cards, and can be written off as fraud. I would say that if you were to use the speculation of the threat of a rollback to a merchant, it is only fair to speculate that a merchant could seek recompense through a fraud write off that they could already do with any credit card transaction.

Yes, this rollback has some ominous undertones if it is specifically viewed in such a light...and I think many here are trying to make that out to be the only case. But I think at this point in time, if you truly weigh facts against facts, and speculation against speculation, this is still more likely to be favorably viewed by John Q Public.

Great so vericoin will be the coin of fraudsters worldwide. This whole crypto thing is about having control of your money. I for one wont ever use this coin. I know a bunch of others who feel the same way too. It's too risky when the devs pull this kind of stunt.

The fact is, it takes weeks/months/years to build a coin and its reputation but only seconds to disrtroy it. That the wonderful thing about crypto. Some die horrible deaths quick deaths and other die from cancer in a long drawn out way. Vericoin has terminal cancer!

By your logic, then credit cards are the preferred tool of fraudsters worldwide. Ironically, it's not too far from the truth. Good thing no one trusts credit cards, amiright?

Do you even think about what you type before you type it, or are you having a seizure in close proximity to your PC and this is just the result?

I know millions of others in the same boat and I know millions of people lose billions of dollars yearly due to credit card fraud.

Please continue!

Pls tell me where you live, I dont know anyone without a credit card. You want to carry cash, how convenient is that. You a drug dealer? Why would you need so much cash. You like money thats been in a hookers butt or a cokeheads nose? Or is it the smell of those pennies that gets ya excited?

You think you are the majority, or the minority? This is why VeriCoin will ZOOM right by bitcoin. Its people willing to use the technology for practical uses (VeriCoin) Verse Idealist (you)

+100 grand.

These sheep are failing to see why crypto is even needed. I think most of these guys are so new here that they missed all the good insightful post from back in the day.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:17:22 AM

Wrong. If you look at the technicals what does VeriCoin offer that Paypal doesn't. VeriCoin's target users are required to "trust" a centralized service. Now who are you going to trust? Paypal or VeriCoin?

Please continue!

Bitcoin is the gateway, things move so fast in this day in age. I bet you in 5 years you will say. "Man I remember Bitcoins, I thought I was gonna be rich" While the people who take the blockchain and make it practical are in the mansions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:19:48 AM

Please continue!

Bitcoin is the gateway, things move so fast in this day in age. I bet you in 5 years you will say. "Man I remember Bitcoins, I thought I was gonna be rich" While the people who take the blockchain and make it practical are in the mansions.

Dont you get it. Everyone here here such as myself and smoothie are already rich and in the mansions!

Step your game up!
pb2014

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:24:41 AM

Rolling back really damages the integrity of the blockchain..

Should have switched to a new coin, and let the exchanges convert 1 for 1

Veri2coin

EDIT: Probably both needed to happen in this case for Vericoin to succeed.  Roll back to before the theft, then freeze markets and exchange for new coin.

And die like Sat2 or Summercoin2?? No thanks

Y'all are already looking death in the eyes... It would have been the best way to retain integrity of the blockchain.  It will be interesting to see if the people defending this coin will hold or dump.  Next few days will tell.

I wish everyone the best of luck involved in this coin!

I'm actually hoping for a dump. This is a strong coin and its hugely undervalued. I'll be buying lots if it ever gets dumped.
neurorit

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:24:48 AM

And you think VeriCoin using PoS will even last a few months?

Worst than this entire rollback thing is how this ordeal has highlighted how insecure a PoS coin really is.

10-30% of the coin supply is only need to perform a double-spend attack. Yeah I really want to trust such a network to store my value.

Please continue!

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

Please continue!

I've lost much more through Bitcoin fraud than I've ever lost due to credit card fraud. The credit cards that you despise so much are much safer than crypto. The closest cryptocoin that there is to being safe is VeriCoin because the devs have shown that they will take steps to thwart theft.

Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:28:22 AM

Wow, from all the FUD I was expecting a big drop in price for Vericoin but too bad, it's still on track and not going away.  Sorry for all the people that had hoped their tactics would work in trying to bring a good thing down.  Seems to be pretty stable on Bittrex side.  Too bad, so sad.  Looks like all you FUDDERS have to move onto some other coin.   Grin
neurorit

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:29:39 AM

You're here to make money which is fine except you don't get it. It's people like you left holding heavy bags for no reason other than your own greed. The dynamic of the present markets feed off fools like you. Basically ppl in the know make a killing off people like you.

Please continue!

I've lost much more through Bitcoin fraud than I've ever lost due to credit card fraud. The credit cards that you despise so much are much safer than crypto. The closest cryptocoin that there is to being safe is VeriCoin because the devs have shown that they will take steps to thwart theft.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

Please continue!

If you lost bitcoins to btc fraud then you're a sucker. How much you lost will reveal how big of a sucker you are.

P.s. I have lost $1000's due to btc fraud but I knew each time when I made the purchase that I could have been throwing my money away.

Today those bitcins would be worth over 100K Sad

I still trust bitcoin more then credit cards!

VIVA LA BITCOIN
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:35:33 AM

I guess Vericoin may be around a bit longer
I'll have to keep track of it when the trading resumes to see what happens
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:36:42 AM

I do not own any VRC.

But this was a mature, correct response by an Elite Dev Team...
To a massive security breach affecting 30% of coins outstanding.

ONLY a coin that will be defended and managed like in this case...
Can possibly gain mainstream acceptance by serious merchants.

I'll bet smoothie's big bag of coins has part-time devs that specialize in excuses.

That said... WHY THE FUCK WAS 30% OF VRC IN A MINTPAL HOT WALLET???   

The whole problem of exchanges "owning" Customer coins needs to be changed...
There needs to be a protocol change = coins on exchange remain linked to Customer wallet...
There needs to be a NEW special class of "transfer"...
Your wallet would have an extra line that says "on exchange and segregated".
Fippy

Activity: 252

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:39:41 AM

If you lost bitcoins to btc fraud then you're a sucker. How much you lost will reveal how big of a sucker you are.

P.s. I have lost $1000's due to btc fraud but I knew each time when I made the purchase that I could have been throwing my money away.

VIVA LA BITCOIN

So...

All of this raving idiocy is coming from a self proclaimed idiot. All of a sudden, this whole thread just made absolutely perfect, crystal clear sense.

Hot damn, I love the internet.

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

VIVA LA BITCOIN

So...

All of this raving idiocy is coming from a self proclaimed idiot. All of a sudden, this whole thread just made absolutely perfect, crystal clear sense.

I'm no idiot. I took a chance and it backfired on me. All when it came to mining. So what, I lost out and took a chance. At least I have the balls and bitcoins to back it up if I'm wrong. You love vericoin so much, I see about 10 btc available under 38K. Why dont you buy them up?
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:52:57 AM

I do not own any VRC.

But this was a mature, correct response by an Elite Dev Team...
To a massive security breach affecting 30% of coins outstanding.

ONLY a coin that will be defended and managed like in this case...
Can possibly gain mainstream acceptance by serious merchants.

I'll bet smoothie's big bag of coins has part-time devs that specialize in excuses.

That said... WHY THE FUCK WAS 30% OF VRC IN A MINTPAL HOT WALLET???   

The whole problem of exchanges "owning" Customer coins needs to be changed...
There needs to be a protocol change = coins on exchange remain linked to Customer wallet...
There needs to be a NEW special class of "transfer"...
Your wallet would have an extra line that says "on exchange and segregated".

This is what the conversation should be looking like in this thread.

A civil debate how to move crypto currency forward, and bring in a larger audience.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:53:36 AM

They need to do that under the pretense of a business. For example, like Coinbase.

Like I said they need to incorporate and call themselves a service and stop pretending to be something else.
I seem to remember them offering multiple "services", so not sure what you are talking about.

yes or bitcoin foundation pretense, ghash etc.. it's all "decentralized"  Roll Eyes
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:58:53 AM

Due to VeriCoin rollback, we will be no longer listing the coin at useCryptos voting page.
This action is irresponsible and we do not support it.

Regards

I have never heard of you guys. Didn't you guys run Freshmarket.io?  I prefer unuseCrypto anyways but good luck.
Fippy

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:01:51 AM

VIVA LA BITCOIN

So...

I'm no idiot. I took a chance and it backfired on me. All when it came to mining. So what, I lost out and took a chance. At least I have the balls and bitcoins to back it up if I'm wrong. You love vericoin so much, I see about 10 btc available under 38K. Why dont you buy them up?

I would beg to differ. An individual that takes heavily weighted needless risks is at best stupid, at worst reckless. I would also echo kleineaap in saying I think we have also determined your primary malfunction

And I do not simply buy them because I stringently follow a specific plan, set well in advance, regarding any investments I make. They do get minor tweaks from time to time, but only when it is warranted.

That is how I, how did you put it, 'became rich and got my mansion' well before Bitcoin was even a twinkle in Satoshi's eye.

But anyhow, I think I have unfortunately contributed far to much to the spamming of pointless crap in this thread than I really probably should have in the first place. My comments from yesterday still stand regarding the decision the developers made, and while I may be inclined to further participate in constructive discussion, I think I have to abandon responding to the religious zealotry manifesting itself in the thread for a bit.

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:09:56 AM

VeriCoin’s Response To MintPal’s Hacking Could Destroy Them
thecoinfront.com

Implications

While no one likes to see their coins stolen, and many members of the community are supportive of such an action, there are issues involved.

VeriCoin claims in their tweet to be "preserving decentralization", but by hardforking their blockchain they're making a decision for the entire community to help a group of investors who made a poor investment choice.

While their intentions may be altruistic, such an action does nothing to preserve decentralization. In fact, it does more to destroy it than if they had done nothing at all.

What is also unclear is what will happen to the legitimate transactions made after the coins were stolen. Will those be simply reversed and their transactions erased in order to preserve the greater good? Or will efforts be made to make these people whole again. Will VeriCoin holders have to appeal to a central authority in order to make sure their coins are returned to them?
I am really suprised the breake pads are not missing thats like a extra $100

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: