Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:29:16 PM

so will MintPal re-list VRC again?

Do you think they will not list it again, because of all the recent FUD? VRC was one of their biggest markets before
the hack, if not the biggest.

They would be quite stupid not to list it again.

I dont know what to think anymore about MintPal. Have you seen their last few listings when there were other much better coins they could have listed? So stupidity for them wouldnt be far out of the question.

MintPal has been losing volume lately and has been getting desperate. I suppose that they will be even more desperate now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

Do you think they will not list it again, because of all the recent FUD? VRC was one of their biggest markets before

I dont know what to think anymore about MintPal. Have you seen their last few listings when there were other much better coins they could have listed? So stupidity for them wouldnt be far out of the question.

I suppose that is because of their voting system, which can easily be exploited. If some PnD-coin wants to be listed, the only thing they need to do is handing them over around 20 BTC. That is enough to be on top of the voting list.

It is a bad system now, but they announced to change it and stop payment votes. So maybe it will get better in the future.

EDIT: I do not want to defend mintpal here. I have withdrawn all of my VRC from there, since a hack always raises red flags. Mintpal has a lot of work to do, to restore trust.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:37:09 PM

I suppose that is because of their voting system, which can easily be exploited. If some PnD-coin wants to be listed, the only thing they need to do is handing them over around 20 BTC. That is enough to be on top of the voting list.

It is a bad system now, but they announced to change it and stop payment votes. So maybe it will get better in the future.

No, not their voting system. Im talking about their latest ninja listings like ISIS and TorCoin, while their were much better choices, both volume and coin wise.

ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:38:40 PM

The problem is not related individually to Mintpal. The whole exchange business is a problem. Making some math you end up understanding that an exchange like MP stores and handles several million dollars while their monthly revenues are limited to some 60-90 thousand dollars. We should support and migrate to P2P exchanges and technologies instead.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:40:26 PM

EDIT: I do not want to defend mintpal here. I have withdrawn all of my VRC from there, since a hack always raises red flags. Mintpal has a lot of work to do, to restore trust.

I don't think the new coins were voted in with paid votes. They announced about a week ago that they will start listing more brand new coins. It's part of their attempt to stop their volume from bleeding away.

supercoins

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:43:01 PM

Just wanted to say the rollback because of the Mintpal hack was one of the greatest dev moves I've seen! This coin and the devs can be trusted to care about their community! Respect!  Wink
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:45:18 PM

The problem is not related individually to Mintpal. The whole exchange business is a problem. Making some math you end up understanding that an exchange like MP stores and handles several million dollars while their monthly revenues are limited to some 60-90 thousand dollars. We should support and migrate to P2P exchanges and technologies instead.

And exactly how would that work? You and me agree, through chat or e-mail, that I will transfer you 1,000 VRC for whatever amount in BTC (or other coins, fiat included). Do we use an escrow service? or is the buyer forced to trust the seller will send the coins once the irreversible transfer of payment is done?
eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:47:59 PM

Verigood!

Could we then agree about VRC/FIAT in the wallet is needed more than ever now?

No, not their voting system. Im talking about their latest ninja listings like ISIS and TorCoin, while their were much better choices, both volume and coin wise.

I don't think the new coins were voted in with paid votes. They announced about a week ago that they will start listing more brand new coins. It's part of their attempt to stop their volume from bleeding away.

GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:01:14 PM

Just wanted to say the rollback because of the Mintpal hack was one of the greatest dev moves I've seen! This coin and the devs can be trusted to care about their community! Respect!  Wink
Thief got Robin Hooded. Cheesy

That is a precedent.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:02:36 PM

Let's make some math:
- Mintpal's daily volume was around BTC 2.5K, some BTC 5 daily revenues or US$ 2500 (based on 0.2% transaction fee)
- VRC 8M were valued at some US$1.65M
- This means some 660 days of MintPal's revenues
- Let's assume some VRC 12K coins as an average position
- This means some 660 people were holding their coins at MP

Conclusions:
1) MP would never be able to pay and would go bankrupt
2) As an immediate consequence, all 660 VRC holders would loose their money
3) With 30% of VRC coins out there available for further attacks, VRC would crash and all people holding it would loose their money

So, please, let not fool ourselves: It was not about saving MintPal. It was about saving the coin and the investors' money.

Image damage was done on all POS coins from PPC Nova..BC...XC...to VRC will surfer
and with rollback you give all POW coins golden bullet to shot in POS...
Right direction would be improve POS security to 90% resistance like NXT - not magic rollbacks.

And whole black marketing has started like that one:
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2apsj7/litecoin_developers_will_never_fork_litecoin_to/ciycbhd

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ofp

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:04:10 PM

And exactly how would that work? You and me agree, through chat or e-mail, that I will transfer you 1,000 VRC for whatever amount in BTC (or other coins, fiat included). Do we use an escrow service? or is the buyer forced to trust the seller will send the coins once the irreversible transfer of payment is done?

Take a glance at the following link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172705.0
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:11:00 PM

Let's make some math:
- Mintpal's daily volume was around BTC 2.5K, some BTC 5 daily revenues or US$ 2500 (based on 0.2% transaction fee)

Conclusions:
3) With 30% of VRC coins out there available for further attacks, VRC would crash and all people holding it would loose their money

So, please, let not fool ourselves: It was not about saving MintPal. It was about saving the coin and the investors' money.

Image damage was done on all POS coins from PPC Nova..BC...XC...to VRC will surfer
Right direction would be improve POS security to 90% resistance like NXT - not magic rollbacks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2apsj7/litecoin_developers_will_never_fork_litecoin_to/ciycbhd

Coblee just shot himself in the foot potentially. Does he think saying he won't fork will seperate him from any of the other crypto that are in the game right now? Not even under circumstances that would benefit his community. I wonder how many people will sell out of LTC and move funds here after hearing that. I certainly don't want my money with a "idealist" instead of someone more practical. Not when crypto needs a team more practical to go mainstream.

You are telling me. If the developer is capable, and the whole community votes for it, he won't allow to stop the fraud??

WOW I WILL NEVER BUY LITECOIN!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Take a glance at the following link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172705.0

The idea sounds quite attractive... although there would be fees involved, therefore not so advantageous in that regard.

Problem is that I for one -and I believe billions of people around the world- would trust such an enterprise about 2 minutes AFTER Hell freezes over, so why waste energy -much less resources- on something bound to fail miserably when the solution is already in place many decades ago, in the real world?

No matter how much we want to jerk off around the bushes, the solution to most crypto problems, including mass mainstream adoption, passes by REGULATION. When it does arrive -and arrive it will, at least in the US and Europe-, it will be many years too late... even if it were to be imposed tomorrow.
eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

Let's make some math:

Conclusions:

Coblee just shot himself in the foot potentially. Does he think saying he won't fork will seperate him from any of the other crypto that are in the game right now? Not even under circumstances that would benefit his community. I wonder how many people will sell out of LTC and move funds here after hearing that. I certainly don't want my money with a "idealist" instead of someone more practical.

You are telling me. If the developer is capable, and the whole community votes for it, he won't allow to stop the fraud??

Yeah, and I will sell my remaining litecoins as soon as possible.

Thanks Litecoin-DEVs, you just screwed it up.
GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:17:12 PM

A lot of the action in altcoin seems fear based.

The devs acted without fear of public crticism. They are also the devs not scared to show their faces.

I say they have the balls to get the job done whatever comes their way.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:20:20 PM

A lot of the action in altcoin seems fear based.

The devs acted without fear of public crticism. They are also the devs not scared to show their faces.

I say they have the balls to get the job done whatever comes their way.

I have more faith in crypto than ever after this. I understand the idealists point of view. But thievery is something we have to be able to address in a more constructive way than letting them get away with it. Especially if its within reason, the technology allows it, and in the end, the most important THE COMMUNITY VOTES TO ACCEPT THE CHANGE.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

All right then, will leave now to sell my LTC.  Cheesy

See you soon VeriFriends.
ofp

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:31:02 PM

Let's make some math:

Conclusions:

Coblee just shot himself in the foot potentially. Does he think saying he won't fork will seperate him from any of the other crypto that are in the game right now? Not even under circumstances that would benefit his community. I wonder how many people will sell out of LTC and move funds here after hearing that. I certainly don't want my money with a "idealist" instead of someone more practical.

Yeah, and I will sell my remaining litecoins as soon as possible.

Thanks Litecoin-DEVs, you just screwed it up.

This is precisely what we'll see: The free market will react to the actions and will declare the winners and the loosers. We'll see this happening in the coming days.

Now, if there's a single thing that made me invest in Vericoin, that thing was the perceived quality of the development team. We might be hammered to some degree by the market but I'm very happy to see how the development team reacted and fully confident of the future of the coin.
pingdigi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:36:22 PM

People are worried that this might set precedent for other coins to respond the same. An example would be if Bitcoin did this when Mt.Gox happened.

Bitcoin has forked two times, significantly. One was in 2010 when someone was able to mint billions of Bitcoins. They had to go back 100 transactions and reset the chain. Thankfully, the network was really small then, and all the developers had to do was get to the big pools and tell them to update their codes. Bitcoin was really small, and no one cared about it, so it didn’t get much attention.

The second event was where Bitcoin was updating from, I believe, 0.7 to 0.8. People didn’t like the 0.8 change, so some people didn’t move over. Basically, they were competing on two parallel chains for a long time. Eventually, the developers decided to revert back to 0.7.

When people say we’re abusing our power, that’s fine; they can say what they want to. I don’t think of it that way, because we were going out of our way to prevent the coin from dying off. Most of the people who are critical of this are people that don’t own it and are people that want another coin to succeed. They attack every coin and right now it’s a good opportunity to attack VeriCoin.

------

There is more, read the full article @ http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/vericoin-developer-speaks-ccn-mintpal-hardfork/2014/07/15

That is the mos important part.
The dev decided to make a change but the people didn't.
And in the end it was the users that decided the which chain was the right one.

Here there was decision taken by a few to protect a business , nothing more.

Until it's technically impossible to rollback the chain, this "problem" will continue. The argument of "I don't like what the VeriCoin devs did, I'm going to buy <such-n-such> coin instead" doesn't hold because all other cryptocoins can be rolled back as well. Just because the devs say they won't doesn't mean they can't!

So bravo VeriCoin devs! You did a good thing, and although people are upset you violated some sort of imaginary moral law, the problem that has always been there is now front and centre.

If you don't like it, show me the code to fix the problem.
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

My  answer to LTC dev FUDDER : (http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2apsj7/litecoin_developers_will_never_fork_litecoin_to/ciycbhd ) , i know he will delete the answer , so i post it here for other stupid fudders) :

PEOPLE DIDN'T REALIZE THAT ROLLBACK SAVED THEIR ASSES  = 1.45 MILLION EUROS WILL PUT ANY HUGE EXCHANGER DOWN !!!

1) So mintpal down means  all mintpal's crypto gone : 45% zs , 38% min , 75%mint , 78% tor , 29 % MYR ,  btc , ltc, cloack,rzr,pinkcoin, BOOBSCOIN, Peepeecoin ,psychocoin  ....etc

>>> Results = 90 % of mintpal's investors broken

>>>> creating panic sells on other exchanges (remember gox effects & btc price after what happened : from 1000 usd to 299 $ = HUGE PANIC )

2) Other exchanges will go down also = because they have transfers between them

>>> More investors ruined = MORE PANIC

>>>> Due to panic selling = some currencies will die ..........

>>>> Double PANIC >>> It will attract medias attention >>>> Triple PANIC

>>>> More investors ruined >>> more selling

3) = it will be like subprim crisis with banks

= pyramid = 90 %  exchanges will close . if you where at mintpal with all your life savings  holding in MINTPAL  and no rollback = you will be crying right now

Imagine if US FEDERAL RESERVE was hacked by 30% of all USD dollar in circulation

= 3000 (3 THOUSANDS) BILLION DOLLARS (http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12773.htm)

= Dollar will be a monkey currency , you will buy your goods with Bananas, what US government will do in that case ? = think about it !

So thanks for your topic , that's why = I WILL NEVER BUY LITECOIN = LITECOIN IS DEAD

Ps : Not negociating with terrorists ? ahahahaha ,you are right kid = let the hostages die !! its better Smiley don't try to bring them back  (or to roll them back Wink = let them die = the world will be better without hostages alive Smiley

If you have courage = do not delete my post .

i don't need an hypocrit answer . so please don't answer me = i will not read it .

Trying to promote your dead coin like this ? = its pathetic .Smiley

Regards

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: