Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:55:22 AM

Considering the fee's & minimums most places put on BTC withdraws & or purchases, it is usefull. Sorry you dont agree. There's no $ laundering, thats pretty obviously nonsense. As for the others, they are options, no one is forced to use them, so there is no centralization. Again sorry you feel this way.

Edit: Features are not gimmics, again, sorry you don't agree with that either. Enjoy your weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:28:38 AM

Considering the fee's & minimums most places put on BTC withdraws & or purchases, it is usefull. Sorry you dont agree. There's no $ laundering, thats pretty obviously nonsense. As for the others, they are options, no one is forced to use them, so there is no centralization. Again sorry you feel this way.

Edit: Features are not gimmics, again, sorry you don't agree with that either. Enjoy your weekend.

I think you are confused about the centralization aspect. Veribit is a service run by the devs, it is software that they control. No? So, it is centralized. I am pretty sure pnosker has said it himself that it is a centralized service catering to the coin. There is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with that, but let's just keep things straight. Just because they are options and nobody is forced to use them does not mean they are not centralized... That's like saying Microsoft/Apple are not centralized corporations because their products are optional and nobody is forced to use them... Well, Microsoft and Apple have CEOs and are most certainly centralized.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

Ok, that dosent make the coin centralized. One of its features is by your definition. Just like many coins have centralized services & or features with non public code. Theres nothing wrong with that. Sorry you dont agree. Enjoy your weekend.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:37:28 AM

Ok, that dosent make the coin centralized. One of its features is by your definition. Just like many coins have centralized services & or features with non public code. Theres nothing wrong with that. Sorry you dont agree. Enjoy your weekend.

I never said the coin was centralized... It most certainly is not. That is exactly what I said: that the service is. And I even said there was nothing wrong with that...  Huh

Thank you, enjoy yours as well.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:05:18 AM

Many detractors are missing the point. VRC has value-added services that allow a single entry point for people to be able to perform functions that they would otherwise have to trawl through the industry to find who does what and how much it costs.

If you have a person new to crypto who downloads a wallet that allows them to use online services that accept BTC, allows them to send an SMS payment to someone who doesn't have a wallet and numerous other functions, you cut out the need for that laborious and steep learning process we all had to go through.

A long term goal will always be for these value-added services to be able to migrate to open-source decentralised platforms but, at this time, we'd be deliberately handicapping wider adoption if we insisted that everybody faced having to attain the same degree of knowledge about what is going on behind the scenes, technically, socially and commercially, as we did.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:29:04 AM

LOL I love when yoursstrully comes here and tells you how bad a service is, THAT THEY JUST CLONED AND SAY IS BETTER...

LOL I guess its a stupid, centralized service when it is out first, and is better than there own.

This is insane that they keep coming here. And remember. They are here as a good samaritan, here to benefit the whole community. Yeah right. And if you believe that...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:34:23 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 11:34:53 AM by aragoon

Many detractors are missing the point. VRC has value-added services that allow a single entry point for people to be able to perform functions that they would otherwise have to trawl through the industry to find who does what and how much it costs.

If you have a person new to crypto who downloads a wallet that allows them to use online services that accept BTC, allows them to send an SMS payment to someone who doesn't have a wallet and numerous other functions, you cut out the need for that laborious and steep learning process we all had to go through.

A long term goal will always be for these value-added services to be able to migrate to open-source decentralised platforms but, at this time, we'd be deliberately handicapping wider adoption if we insisted that everybody faced having to attain the same degree of knowledge about what is going on behind the scenes, technically, socially and commercially, as we did.

I support this coin because it clearly aims to reach as many users as possible around the world including the unbanked and those unable to access secure internet. It's making amazing progress. It is well distributed and fair.
What good is a crypto if you can't spend it? With VRC there are already many ways to go but nothing comes out of the box fully evolved.

Until perfection and worldwide coverage is achieved  Smiley, there may be a need to integrate with legacy services.
FIAT is not going away any day soon.

VRC is a business not a religion. It's not heresy worthy of burning at the stake to offer a centralised, optional add-on.

The only way for a coin to succeed and last is for it to be known and useable. People want to buy things not play with wallets. I understand the wish to establish a network of dedicated ATMs and so on and that may well happen some day but, in the meantime, how do we get widespread everyday use of VRC? How do we get the name out there and have it known for it's ease of use and benefits?
The VRC devs always try, it seems to me, to work on as many fronts as possible and still manage to avoid diluting quality. They offer choices.

It is now possible to have a Bitcoin Debit card and draw cash at ATMs all over the world. Yes, it"s centralised and there are fees but it's the fastest way I can imagine to make people aware of crypto as a real alternative for storage and spending. When people come to understand the benefits they will switch. Only a matter of time.

A bit like VeriBit, BTC has been clever enough to make use of existing possibilities to broaden use. I think it would be, at the very least, an excellent way to get people using VRC if VRC could be added to such a card. I made an earlier post suggesting this be considered. I offer it only as an idea.
I have been into BTC since Aug 2013 and I've held many alt coins. I have applied for two different BTC debit cards and will learn more about their use in practice. Having one card that does not require a bank account, can be loaded with BTC and used at standard ATMs all over the world strikes me as very interesting. At least, until crypto ATMs become as ubiquitous, which I'm sure they will one day. Smiley

http://debitcard.anxintl.com/ if anyone wants to take a look. I'm gently nudging the idea not selling it. I have no financial interest in it.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:35:42 AM

+1

You get it, the people who claim they are all gimmicks don't. I guess making things easy for people, and convenient is not a priority to some coins. As they come and claim they are gimmicks (then copy the idea), and tell you how stupid the VRC one is, but how there's is better... Oh, and open source, which they complained about for a long time. THERE OWN -BIT clone is still CLOSED!!! I mean. I never seen the pot call the kettle black so much.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:59:18 AM

Got about 15 VRC right now in the growth fund I am starting within my properties. Going to make a faucet in time and do other things to promote VeriCoin. As my revenues grow I will continue to support the coin through giveaways, creation of media, PR, ect.

I have dedicated through my websites a 25% of revenue share plan back to the community through my various outlets.

Will be setting up the second VeriCoin faucet in the upcoming weeks once I get the time and technical ability. (others could help with this  Grin) And we are looking into other ways to promote this community, and the others we cover.

IF my properties as a whole start to become profitable so I can buy an ATM. I am going to seek placing a ATM near where I live in the second largest mall in America. My idea would be to go to Destiny USA, (Robert Congel) and outline to him a plan to let me place a crypto currency terminal at the service desk and market it out with PR ect to make Destiny USA the best, most relevant mall in America.

And what a good selling point that would be! One of the largest malls in america gone Bitcoin / VeriCoin? Would be impressive. At this point I would go to every mom and pop shop first. (As big chains will be harder to gain acceptance) And offer them support to setup POS systems, ect to use and accept Bitcoin. (remember I run livebitcoinsupport.com ect) Once the ATM / shops are all setup, the amount of PR that may come to the malls way over time might be a great way to work together. I know Destiny USA has been leading edge with technology and construction techniques as they finished up the mall over the past few years.

Its something I been thinking about for a while. This is all just a idea if things work well. But also, if the community wanted to try and support it... I will hold any business's hand in the mall that needs it as they start to accept crypto.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:37:05 AM

Less than 2.5 hours until VRCRadio goes LIVE! @ 10:00 AM EST

Join in for triva contest with free Vericoin awards, VeriCoin News, Crypo Coin info and some fun

http://www.vrcradio.com/
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:48:23 AM

Join in for triva contest with free Vericoin awards, VeriCoin News, Crypo Coin info and some fun

Will be tuning in.

Fippy

Activity: 252

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:16:14 PM

...snip...

Verisend simply cannot be trusted as it is closed source and relies on a centralized mixer on a windows server, Vericoin foundation will likely see major legal issues involving money laundering in the future if they maintain this service and Vericoin does reach ever mainstream use. If services like Lavabit/Twitter/Google/etc can have their records seized by the US government without being allowed report it, it certainly can happen to Verisend.

...snip...

Actually, as someone who has a long standing background in the financial world and has personally worked extensively with FinCEN, Vericoin's features in that regard are under very low risk. What is at very high risk of catching unwanted attention is the recent batch of alts that have anonymity woven into them.

By centralizing certain aspects of Verisend, they technically have the ability to comply with US Federal regulations. Coins that have built in decentralized anonymity quite literally have a target painted on their collective asses, and will be the first hammered into the dirt by the Feds should they ever start looking in that general direction.

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:27:29 PM

...snip...

Verisend simply cannot be trusted as it is closed source and relies on a centralized mixer on a windows server, Vericoin foundation will likely see major legal issues involving money laundering in the future if they maintain this service and Vericoin does reach ever mainstream use. If services like Lavabit/Twitter/Google/etc can have their records seized by the US government without being allowed report it, it certainly can happen to Verisend.

...snip...

Actually, as someone who has a long standing background in the financial world and has personally worked extensively with FinCEN, Vericoin's features in that regard are under very low risk. What is at very high risk of catching unwanted attention is the recent batch of alts that have anonymity woven into them.

By centralizing certain aspects of Verisend, they technically have the ability to comply with US Federal regulations. Coins that have built in decentralized anonymity quite literally have a target painted on their collective asses, and will be the first hammered into the dirt by the Feds should they ever start looking in that general direction.

Thank you Fippy. Your background adds a lot of relevance to your argument.

Appreciate you clarifying that for those of us not as familiar with FinCEN.

I had the same thought. It looks like more countries are moving to regulate and participate in bitcoin / crypto currencies.

Now, do I believe anon features have a place in crypto? Yes.

Will the anon coins be the one to win over governments, and those trying to make it a more trustworthy system over the current financial system? I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell. I think anon coins will have a niche market, just like the computer geek niche that Bitcoin has attracted right now.

VeriCoin is the first "Gimmick" (LOL I love the idiots who say that.) that will actually make your mom want to take some bitcoins on her next trip overseas. Or how about your international company? You don't think international companies with a focus on internet commerce are going to embrace a new solution? One without the stigma of super nerdy, complicated computer algo's?

Brand yourself as a payment method for the masses and take on a new market space. BRILLIANT! While the other cryptos fight it out in the red ocean, VeriCoin takes the blue ocean strategy and creates its own rules / demand.

This will be exciting to watch grow in the years ahead.

Fippy

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:07:01 PM

It's my personal opinion that while the total anonymity undoubtedly has the interest of some parties, it will in the end become a liability for the altcoins that rely on that for their uniqueness. While crypto stands on the doorstep of seeing government acceptance and wider scale adoption, it will be under increasingly heavy scrutiny as time goes on.

Crypto is already 'anonymous' in the eyes of the average user, as it allows to disconnect your personal information from a payment system and being a bearer instrument, essentially allowing an individual to separate their purchase from their financial history. The single biggest advantage in that regard is limiting risk exposure that one suffers as a result of providing a 3rd party with your credit card or bank routing information.

Coins that are attempting to obfuscate the entire traceability of the transactions will never be able to become 'mainstream' due to the inability to comply with regulations. I imagine that any exchanges that list these coins will be strong-armed into dropping them to become compliant with regulatory oversight.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:35:26 PM

Business and wealthy individuals can't function without private accounts. It's the same for crypto currency.

Businesses and wealthy individuals pay people to keep things private for them within the existing FIAT-based financial world. This will, no doubt, continue to be the case in crypto. Brokers and fiduciary services will spring up to execute transactions on behalf of high-net-worth individuals and these transactions will still need to make use of tax-efficient structures as they do already.

E.G. The idea that a billionaire would buy a super yacht with a single transaction from his own wallet without there being a paper-trail of accounting is absurd.

Crypto is a way to transmit and receive funds, those funds still have to conform to the usual rules of due diligence and appropriate declaration.

The financial services industry isn't going away just because Bitcoin came along. It will be used in the same way as FIAT, only far more efficiently.

You cannot expect a fully anonymous cryptocurrency to ever be acceptable to big business and government. That's not to say it wouldn't have its use (and abuse), but they could never openly support it.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:40:34 PM

It's my personal opinion that while the total anonymity undoubtedly has the interest of some parties, it will in the end become a liability for the altcoins that rely on that for their uniqueness. While crypto stands on the doorstep of seeing government acceptance and wider scale adoption, it will be under increasingly heavy scrutiny as time goes on.

Crypto is already 'anonymous' in the eyes of the average user, as it allows to disconnect your personal information from a payment system and being a bearer instrument, essentially allowing an individual to separate their purchase from their financial history. The single biggest advantage in that regard is limiting risk exposure that one suffers as a result of providing a 3rd party with your credit card or bank routing information.

Coins that are attempting to obfuscate the entire traceability of the transactions will never be able to become 'mainstream' due to the inability to comply with regulations. I imagine that any exchanges that list these coins will be strong-armed into dropping them to become compliant with regulatory oversight.

Looks like there's a lot of paid sock puppets in these forums. Business and wealthy individuals can't function without private accounts. It's the same for crypto currency.

Private is one thing, The network can survive. And even grow being anon. The thing Fippy is saying is Mainstream. I can't speak for him, but I know myself I dont think of this as another crypto. But a payment portal using the blockchain as technology. This is the first crypto using a "gimick" (LOL) to bring in a NEW, MASS audience.

There is lots of room for niche cryptos. Bitcoin is the first and remains in a niche of computer geeks, gamers, and people who are paranoid of financial ruin. Has Bitcoin been able to get out of that box yet? Has any coin tried to seperate themselves from current traditional ways to gain market share in crypto? No, VeriCoin didn't hop on the next anon trend and pump and dump it. They decided to take on a new market where no crypto has gone for yet. Sure Bitcoin has the same features, if you know where to find them. I'm a computer nerd, And I didn't even know, or care to use all the services offered. But when they are in the VeriCoin wallet and its there. It makes sense to use it.

There is a reason SIRIUS satellite radio went and signed deals with every car company they could. They know that for you to go out of your way, to seek a service is unlikely. But, if that service is easily availible for you. It becomes much more likely that at the point of sale when your time runs up there is a chance you will renew.

With VeriCoin they take the BS out of running around website to website and they make it easy for a normal person to explain this to a co-worker, to a family member. I cannot explain how easy it will be to setup a friend with VeriCoin. I cannot do this with such ease on ANY other coin. A friend I had talked to about bitcoin once never got into it because he said it sounded to complicated. That same man is about to buy his first VeriCoin soon as he can buy with his CC. Hes one of the majority in the world WITHOUT a bank account.

So, for those claiming this is a gimick, you are to nerdy to realize everyone in the world isn't like you. And I mean that in a nice way. We are the early adopters. Next is bringing it to the masses. No coin, not even bitcoin can re-position themselves as fast as we can build this brand up if the community really works at it. I see the potential this strategy has for real world adoption. And VeriCoin leads the way in this respect by a longshot.

Fippy

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:41:26 PM

Looks like there's a lot of paid sock puppets in these forums. Business and wealthy individuals can't function without private accounts. It's the same for crypto currency.

Please explain to me why you think I am a 'paid sock puppet'.

I am not attempting to hype or FUD, I am merely stating an opinion, openly ascribed as such. I do however have an extensive background in the financial world, which includes (but is by no means limited to) a Series 27 License, and more experience in financial regulations than probably 99% of the people trolling around on these boards.

My only intent is to offer some relative insight into what has become a crypto 'flavor of the month' feature. Anonymity is a buzzword in crypto right now, but I foresee it only being a passing fad at best, and at worst it could become a direct obstacle to regulation compliance which could eventually
bar it from mass adoption.

Crytocurrencies that are inherently untraceable in any fashion whatsoever are almost the rough equivalent to a bank that advertises money laundering as a service provided to it's investors. It's just not going to hold up in the end.

ljm81

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:08:11 PM

As fair as im concerned vericoin is the next bitcoin n the price will show that within time, i buy every day regardless of price and that gives me a nice average.
And as for the discussions going on it boggles me my some people are in crypto cuz most i know got in to break away from the system but here there seems to be a few that wanna blend the two and abide by rules haha.
Also Dev keep what you gotta keep close sourced closed, id be dammed if i would let my hard work out there for it to be stolen n replicated a 1000 time over and dilute all the hard work you done!!

Vericoin is the ONLY alt coin i will go to sleep in and that end of so squabble all you want Smiley

Fippy

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:20:00 PM

Please explain to me why you think I am a 'paid sock puppet'.

I am not attempting to hype or FUD, I am merely stating an opinion, openly ascribed as such. I do however have an extensive background in the financial world, which includes (but is by no means limited to) a Series 27 License, and more experience in financial regulations than probably 99% of the people trolling around on these boards.

My only intent is to offer some relative insight into what has become a crypto 'flavor of the month' feature. Anonymity is a buzzword in crypto right now, but I foresee it only being a passing fad at best, and at worst it could become a direct obstacle to regulation compliance which could eventually
bar it from mass adoption.

Crytocurrencies that are inherently untraceable in any fashion whatsoever are almost the rough equivalent to a bank that advertises money laundering as a service provided to it's investors. It's just not going to hold up in the end.

Skirting around the inescapable fact that accounts in the Crypto world will have to be as private as quality bank accounts are, Bitcoin doesn't provide that level of privacy yet.

The fact that you are so embedded into "The System" means that you are likely subconsciously programmed by it's desires to have ordinary peoples bank ledger open for public view with zero privacy.

I believe we may have a miscommunication here with regards to what you are considering 'private'. Banks are required to retain information regarding their customers, however that information is considered privileged information. While protected from the general public, regulations dictate that that information be made available to legal and regulatory authorities through appropriate channels if warranted with just cause.

In such a respect, a bank serves as a centralized resource for this information, although it is guarded from public domain. Is this what you are referring to when you say 'private'?

As I said, I'm not here to FUD, and actually have quite a vested interest in seeing VeriCoin succeed. If there is something that I can help clarify, I would be happy to do so, but I think we need to make sure we are on the same page first. Otherwise we may just go in circles.

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

Will be tuning in.

How do you get into the radio website chat room, doesn't work for me..It just says connecting and hangs. Can hear them doing giveaways, but I cant even get in ;(

Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: