Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

Less than 2.5 hours until VRCRadio goes LIVE! @ 10:00 AM EST

Join in for triva contest with free Vericoin awards, VeriCoin News, Crypo Coin info and some fun

http://www.vrcradio.com/

Will be tuning in.

How do you get into the radio website chat room, doesn't work for me..It just says connecting and hangs. Can hear them doing giveaways, but I cant even get in ;(
Channel is down, I tried to connect through the wallet using #vrcradio and the message is channel down.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

It's my personal opinion that while the total anonymity undoubtedly has the interest of some parties, it will in the end become a liability for the altcoins that rely on that for their uniqueness. While crypto stands on the doorstep of seeing government acceptance and wider scale adoption, it will be under increasingly heavy scrutiny as time goes on.

Crypto is already 'anonymous' in the eyes of the average user, as it allows to disconnect your personal information from a payment system and being a bearer instrument, essentially allowing an individual to separate their purchase from their financial history. The single biggest advantage in that regard is limiting risk exposure that one suffers as a result of providing a 3rd party with your credit card or bank routing information.

Coins that are attempting to obfuscate the entire traceability of the transactions will never be able to become 'mainstream' due to the inability to comply with regulations. I imagine that any exchanges that list these coins will be strong-armed into dropping them to become compliant with regulatory oversight.

Looks like there's a lot of paid sock puppets in these forums. Business and wealthy individuals can't function without private accounts. It's the same for crypto currency.

Please explain to me why you think I am a 'paid sock puppet'.

I am not attempting to hype or FUD, I am merely stating an opinion, openly ascribed as such. I do however have an extensive background in the financial world, which includes (but is by no means limited to) a Series 27 License, and more experience in financial regulations than probably 99% of the people trolling around on these boards.

My only intent is to offer some relative insight into what has become a crypto 'flavor of the month' feature. Anonymity is a buzzword in crypto right now, but I foresee it only being a passing fad at best, and at worst it could become a direct obstacle to regulation compliance which could eventually
bar it from mass adoption.

Crytocurrencies that are inherently untraceable in any fashion whatsoever are almost the rough equivalent to a bank that advertises money laundering as a service provided to it's investors. It's just not going to hold up in the end.

Skirting around the inescapable fact that accounts in the Crypto world will have to be as private as quality bank accounts are, Bitcoin doesn't provide that level of privacy yet.

The fact that you are so embedded into "The System" means that you are likely subconsciously programmed by it's desires to have ordinary peoples bank ledger open for public view with zero privacy.

I believe we may have a miscommunication here with regards to what you are considering 'private'. Banks are required to retain information regarding their customers, however that information is considered privileged information. While protected from the general public, regulations dictate that that information be made available to legal and regulatory authorities through appropriate channels if warranted with just cause.

In such a respect, a bank serves as a centralized resource for this information, although it is guarded from public domain. Is this what you are referring to when you say 'private'?

As I said, I'm not here to FUD, and actually have quite a vested interest in seeing VeriCoin succeed. If there is something that I can help clarify, I would be happy to do so, but I think we need to make sure we are on the same page first. Otherwise we may just go in circles.

Good God! Finally a voice of reason on anonymity.  Thanks for your insight, Fip...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:50:56 PM

So, whats Going on with Chris Pirillo, he stopped talking about VeriCoin lately and cashed out a 25% of his donated coins. I doubt this guy effects the price of anything, but its just another piece of the wizrig thing that bothers me lately.

Was his PR done already?

I hope the team is distancing itself from wizrig, seems like everything he was doing for himself VeriCoin came to a stop at the same time. Right after the july 4 news he was touting for so long. and it would not suprise me in the least that he knew and sold off his coin already. So he made his money for a new lambo or w/e and he can move on and let us grow.

Seems like everything wizrig did was smoke and mirrors.

Anyways, was just looking at all the PR about vericoin and saw nothing from Chris pirillo for a while, so tracked his wallet and for how excited he was a few weeks ago, cashing out a good portion of them july 6 makes me feel like he doesn't care as much as he leads on to believe about our community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
epicradness

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:52:11 PM

Sorry to chime in guys, but I have a little problem I was wondering y'all could help.

I keep getting little question marks "?" on my INTEREST payouts. Like, out of about 12, 8 are "conflicted".

Why is that number so high?

For my setup, I'm on the latest OSX version and I've disabled sleep and hard disk shut off. I thought
leaving this rig on all the time would be worth it. But I've come to discover that while I'm at work, I get
payouts but they are always "conflicted". It's literally, only when I'm actually on my mac, working or chilling,
do I get great results. Never when I'm away.

Any one know why or how i can get better results?

A sample of what i'm referring to:
https://i.imgur.com/7F7pYmI.png

Thanks Vericoin crew!
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:02:49 PM

So, whats Going on with Chris Pirillo, he stopped talking about VeriCoin lately and cashed out a 25% of his donated coins. I doubt this guy effects the price of anything, but its just another piece of the wizrig thing that bothers me lately.

Was his PR done already?

I hope the team is distancing itself from wizrig, seems like everything he was doing for himself VeriCoin came to a stop at the same time. Right after the july 4 news he was touting for so long. and it would not suprise me in the least that he knew and sold off his coin already. So he made his money for a new lambo or w/e and he can move on and let us grow.

Seems like everything wizrig did was smoke and mirrors.

Anyways, was just looking at all the PR about vericoin and saw nothing from Chris pirillo for a while, so tracked his wallet and for how excited he was a few weeks ago, cashing out a good portion of them july 6 makes me feel like he doesn't care as much as he leads on to believe about our community.

Chris Pirillo is being sponsored by Joel and in each video "www.vericoin.info" is displayed on the computer behind him. The coins donated to him are for him... he can do whatever he wants with them. He isn't our PR face.

Joel is doing what he can but we're not going to discuss things about him without more information. He is welcome to come on here and discuss himself, but he has been very helpful to us and to VeriCoin by spreading the word to some people we are talking to in Latin America.

I think Chris is excited about crypto and VeriCoin. You can't fault somebody who has no experience for trading some of his coins for Bitcoin so he can learn more.

Sorry to chime in guys, but I have a little problem I was wondering y'all could help.

I keep getting little question marks "?" on my INTEREST payouts. Like, out of about 12, 8 are "conflicted".

Why is that number so high?

For my setup, I'm on the latest OSX version and I've disabled sleep and hard disk shut off. I thought
leaving this rig on all the time would be worth it. But I've come to discover that while I'm at work, I get
payouts but they are always "conflicted". It's literally, only when I'm actually on my mac, working or chilling,
do I get great results. Never when I'm away.

Any one know why or how i can get better results?

A sample of what i'm referring to:
https://i.imgur.com/7F7pYmI.png

Thanks Vericoin crew!

Mac OS has a known issue when the screensaver loads causing network instability. (http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/71884/wi-fi-disconnects-when-i-lock-the-mac for example). Staking can produce conflicted blocks due to the reduced network performance while the screensaver is displaying. This doesn't affect the interest you are accumulating as staking retries the same amount until it is granted a block.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

why does it seem like jebus911, cryptocobain, bryceweiner and those in that group not support vericoin.. and readily supports scam coins? I'm just thinking out loud...
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 06:19:57 PM

why does it seem like jebus911, cryptocobain, bryceweiner and those in that group not support vericoin.. and readily supports scam coins? I'm just thinking out loud...

Its hard to manipulate a real coin. Scams are usually newer coins, or ones that had been left out of the view of public for a while. This gives scammers a chance to load up and then pump it to the others as they sell off.

Some don't stop there. Some of those groups will then attack a coin after in coordination to cause panic, often times to pick it back up and then redump almost instantly on the dead cat bounce. It happens all to often, which is why when you get a chance to invest in something like VeriCoin you take it!

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:23:50 PM

Its hard to manipulate a real coin. Scams are usually newer coins, or ones that had been left out of the view of public for a while. This gives scammers a chance to load up and then pump it to the others as they sell off.

Some don't stop there. Some of those groups will then attack a coin after in coordination to cause panic, often times to pick it back up and then redump almost instantly on the dead cat bounce. It happens all to often, which is why when you get a chance to invest in something like VeriCoin you take it!

+1

Truer words have never been said..
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 06:29:49 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 07:39:01 PM by buy4crypto

One more thing I just gotta point out before I head out for a bit.

For anyone left with doubts of the quality and intent of the VRC dev's

Doug put a big VeriCoin QR code on his car to promote VeriCoin today! He just posted the pic on twitter. Those guys are smart, and dedicated for sure. You don't promote a scam on your personal car.

By all measures, these guys have good intentions and seem dedicated to making crypto accessible to the masses. Will be a pleasure to work with everyone in the community to keep growing this coin payment solution.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:52:50 PM

Often withdrawing through veri-bit for merchant transactions is CHEAPER, FASTER, more efficient than Bitcoin.

Take 1 of the Major alt exchanges that deals with decent VeriCoin volume.

Minmum Cryptsy withdraw fees are as such.

0.0002 for VRC = 0.0000432248 USD  (For this 1 VRC = $ 0.216124 USD)
0.0005 for BTC = 0.31463 USD  (For this 1 BTC = $ 629.26 USD)

Here is Veri-Bit costs / limits.

1 Bitcoin max send for Veri-Bit. So you can make a purchase up to 629.26 cents right now through Veri-Bit.

1 VeriCoin = 0.0216124

So, effectively using Veri-Bit right now it is more efficient in every way for merchant transactions under 1 Bitcoin in total size. If you need to withdraw from an exchange with fees greater than the cost of 1 VeriCoin.

The cost savings currently with the economics of Veri-Bit would give people a roughly 33% smaller fee on cryptsy then if they went with a traditional Bitcoin withdraw. I have not done the math on every exchange, but the first one I did was a pretty big eye opener.

This is the type of thing people need to promote. Promote how its better than Bitcoin, not with pump n dump crap, BUT WITH FACTS. Go tell people how they can save Bitcoin by using VeriCoin, Veri-Bit is a great feature and we need to start mentioning its strengths instead of letting it get drowned out by people who claim its a gimmick. Its anything but. Its innovation that is going to make crypto take the next step.

Info from

http://www.vericoin.info/veribit.html

http://coinmarketcap.com/

karkkis

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:15:03 PM

...snip...

Verisend simply cannot be trusted as it is closed source and relies on a centralized mixer on a windows server, Vericoin foundation will likely see major legal issues involving money laundering in the future if they maintain this service and Vericoin does reach ever mainstream use. If services like Lavabit/Twitter/Google/etc can have their records seized by the US government without being allowed report it, it certainly can happen to Verisend.

...snip...

Actually, as someone who has a long standing background in the financial world and has personally worked extensively with FinCEN, Vericoin's features in that regard are under very low risk. What is at very high risk of catching unwanted attention is the recent batch of alts that have anonymity woven into them.

By centralizing certain aspects of Verisend, they technically have the ability to comply with US Federal regulations. Coins that have built in decentralized anonymity quite literally have a target painted on their collective asses, and will be the first hammered into the dirt by the Feds should they ever start looking in that general direction.

Sorry to drop in and disturb your interesting discussion, but here I was thinking that the whole point of anonymous transactions is that you don't have to follow anybody's rules. You move money, nobody knows about, and that's it. And so what if the Feds (by the way, the whole world does not equate Northern America, and not everybody has/needs to comply with your US federal regulations) get interested and start looking in that general direction ?  What will they do, what can they do? Will the "feds" shut down the internet, or make it illegal to use p2p networks...in the whole world? Come on. It's not hard to decipher, that decentralized anonymous transactions are just what many people really want...and will have... regardless of you, the US, the "feds" or Santa Claus.

Just my food for thoughts, nothing personal or offensive.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

...snip...

Verisend simply cannot be trusted as it is closed source and relies on a centralized mixer on a windows server, Vericoin foundation will likely see major legal issues involving money laundering in the future if they maintain this service and Vericoin does reach ever mainstream use. If services like Lavabit/Twitter/Google/etc can have their records seized by the US government without being allowed report it, it certainly can happen to Verisend.

...snip...

Actually, as someone who has a long standing background in the financial world and has personally worked extensively with FinCEN, Vericoin's features in that regard are under very low risk. What is at very high risk of catching unwanted attention is the recent batch of alts that have anonymity woven into them.

By centralizing certain aspects of Verisend, they technically have the ability to comply with US Federal regulations. Coins that have built in decentralized anonymity quite literally have a target painted on their collective asses, and will be the first hammered into the dirt by the Feds should they ever start looking in that general direction.

Sorry to drop in and disturb your interesting discussion, but here I was thinking that the whole point of anonymous transactions is that you don't have to follow anybody's rules. You move money, nobody knows about, and that's it. And so what if the Feds (by the way, the whole world does not equate Northern America, and not everybody has/needs to comply with your US federal regulations) get interested and start looking in that general direction ?  What will they do, what can they do? Will the "feds" shut down the internet, or make it illegal to use p2p networks...in the whole world? Come on. It's not hard to decipher, that decentralized anonymous transactions are just what many people really want...and will have... regardless of you, the US, the "feds" or Santa Claus.

You are 100% correct in that. The thing is, that market is x size. Anon specific features will be all fighting for the same cash.

You have a lot of crypto in the same market competing for the same people. More crypto needs to take on a focus like VeriCoin and go for new customers, its how vericoin network, and crypto in general will grow.

Fippy

Activity: 252

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:12:11 PM

...snip...

...snip...

First of all, while I tend to toss around terms like 'Feds' being an American myself, it applies throughout the world governments that some similar entity exists, please don't read too much into that particular word.

Strictly speaking, yes, the point of anonymity is to be anonymous. The question is twofold however.

First of all, while the whole world does not 'have' to comply with US regulations, the US Financial system (for all it's faults) is still capable through the Federal Reserve and US government of applying an absurd amount of pressure to entities based outside of the US. Most money laundering laws are international as well (since every government worldwide pretty much wants to have their hand in the cookie jar), so very little reach is even required. Because something truly anonymous could be used extensively for funding terrorism as well, they could come after it from that vector too. Long story short, until you are living in a non-extradition country and banking with an institution that is not reliant in any way on US or US ally based financial institutions, you might want to rethink how much you can blow off. Its scary how much economic leverage can be applied to anyone to get them to step to the beat. Sad, but true, plain and simple.

And the second facet to this is that any anonymous currency ostracized by the global financial system will probably be very hard to acquire, or cash out. Now while it is in it's own way a currency (obviously), it is only as useful as it can be spent. If you had one million dollars (or equivalent in whichever national currency you prefer) in "AnonymousCOINX" (pulling something random outta my ass as to not offend anyone), you wouldd have to either spend it with merchants who would give you something of value for it, or sell it on an exchange for fiat in order to actually have that value. But if companies wont accept it for fear of being ostracized, and if your local banks wont accept funds from an exchange that trades it for the fear of being ostracized, then what do you really have?

The essential point is that untraceable electronic transfers would be a haven for illicit activity, not just people who feel they have the right to privacy. Because of this, it's would come under what would probably be an almost unsurvivable amount of scrutiny by any and every world government.

Kind of a case of the rotten apples spoiling the whole bushel. While I know a lot of honest folks have interest in the anon aspects of crypto, it is in my personal opinion going to be hammered too much by legal authorities worldwide who are going to be way too fearful of it's illicit use.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:38:30 PM

But if companies wont accept it for fear of being ostracized, and if your local banks wont accept funds from an exchange that trades it for the fear of being ostracized, then what do you really have?
You would have Bitcoin in its infancy. Grin

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
vrcdealer

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

Less than 2.5 hours until VRCRadio goes LIVE! @ 10:00 AM EST

Join in for triva contest with free Vericoin awards, VeriCoin News, Crypo Coin info and some fun

http://www.vrcradio.com/

thanks, will definitely be tuning in!
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:05:36 PM

[...]

thanks, will definitely be tuning in!

There's just a slight problem with you're timing... He announced that several hours ago; you've missed the show. Sad

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:12:30 PM

HELLO ALL:

Did you miss out on the 1 oz .999 Fine Silver Physical Vericoin pre-sale? Are you wanting to help spread the word about Vericoin but don't know how?

GOOD NEWS!

Lotto Tickets for the last available Physical Vericoin are on sale NOW as well as Vericoin Logo Stickers!!!!

Prices are:
25 VRC per Lotto ticket, you can buy as many as you want but only 2000 are available!

15 VRC per Logo Sticker, you can buy as many as you want but only 850 are available!

Here is a picture of the Stickers with a US Quarter for size comparison, They are rated Weatherproof and durability is rated at 5 years outdoor use, so these things are VERI durable.

PM ME if you want to buy any!

THIS

Still available!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:26:42 PM

it is about to start..
Auna

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

it is about to start..

What if I may ask?
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:39:54 PM

it is about to start..

What if I may ask?

2nd wave..
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: