Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 07:50:20 PM

I bought vericoin as a long term investment, why you here is your just in for quick profits?.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:54:21 PM

A great place to start branding ourselves, would be to STOP comparing it to freeking blackcoin all the time. I am sick of hearing how we are like ANY other coin in ANY regard. If we want to innovate a new frontier, PLEASE, for the love of god stop talking about BLACKCOIN!

Again the mention of BC, a dying coin with a history of fraud and corrupt to the core. Why Patrick?

The hiring of the Borgess Agency is one of the most laughed off decisions ever happening in crypto. Everyone knows by now that moriture13/doghnip, an employee of the Borgess Agency and visible lead of The Black Hand, was behind and subsidizing it in part. Why even mention that here?

The need, even though you probably won't recognize it, is there as I have stated before. But hiring a PR agency is NOT the answer. Associating with Joel Bosch, a tainted individual, also Black Hand, was not wise even if it was somehow inevitable. Distancing from him IS indeed wise. as is distancing from Will, no matter how much of a good friend he might be. And finding someone who, first, cares for the image of VRC and, more importantly, KNOWS how to preserve that image. It may cost. Or he may be freely available. Have you tried to find him? Or you just believe you are perfectly capable of doing it? Because you aren't, sorry.

I'm not sure if you two realize this, but I used the example of BC because they are the only altcoin with a PR Agency representing them... Not because we're trying to compare to them. altcoinUK stated that we "couldn't even manage to hire a PR firm." I'm saying, "show us the money" and we'll hire one. An approximate cost is $32,000. So, if someone wants to send us $32,000 we can hire one. Not saying anything about BC besides the fact that they have a PR firm and it's almost useless for them.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:02:29 PM

A great place to start branding ourselves, would be to STOP comparing it to freeking blackcoin all the time. I am sick of hearing how we are like ANY other coin in ANY regard. If we want to innovate a new frontier, PLEASE, for the love of god stop talking about BLACKCOIN!

Again the mention of BC, a dying coin with a history of fraud and corrupt to the core. Why Patrick?

The hiring of the Borgess Agency is one of the most laughed off decisions ever happening in crypto. Everyone knows by now that moriture13/doghnip, an employee of the Borgess Agency and visible lead of The Black Hand, was behind and subsidizing it in part. Why even mention that here?

The need, even though you probably won't recognize it, is there as I have stated before. But hiring a PR agency is NOT the answer. Associating with Joel Bosch, a tainted individual, also Black Hand, was not wise even if it was somehow inevitable. Distancing from him IS indeed wise. as is distancing from Will, no matter how much of a good friend he might be. And finding someone who, first, cares for the image of VRC and, more importantly, KNOWS how to preserve that image. It may cost. Or he may be freely available. Have you tried to find him? Or you just believe you are perfectly capable of doing it? Because you aren't, sorry.

I'm not sure if you two realize this, but I used the example of BC because they are the only altcoin with a PR Agency representing them... Not because we're trying to compare to them. altcoinUK stated that we "couldn't even manage to hire a PR firm." I'm saying, "show us the money" and we'll hire one. An approximate cost is $32,000. So, if someone wants to send us $32,000 we can hire one. Not saying anything about BC besides the fact that they have a PR firm and it's almost useless for them.

And that reference is absurd Patrick for EVEN if the community were willing to pony up $32,000, YOU should not allow the hiring of a PR Agency because, precisely, you have witnessed the idiocy -among other things- that hiring one was for BC. YOU, the leader of VRC, should say precisely that VRC will NOT hire a PR company because you have the example by which it does not work and it is a waste of money. And you should defend your (roll back) decision, not defend those who very harshly criticized it stating the "they have a reason to be critical". If they do, you should have not made the decision to roll back. You can please some of the people all the time but you cannot please all the people all the time.

And focusing your comments on what cannot be done -let alone shouldn't be done- is not proactive nor serves any practical purpose. Marching forward, proactively, does. And by that I mean doing what can be done. You are bright enough to see that, you just don't want to face the music that goes with it and arrogantly defend positions that perhaps are just irrelevant now. That will not be marching forward. Ever.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

So here is my question, and it means everything to people's current investment.

Is their any plans to improve PR and or marketing? Not a "it's coming soon" But a real plan? If this is as good as it gets. I think 23k is a great price to get out and save a couple bucks.

You cannot go mainstream without a plan. Simply saying you to want to be mainstream, and making products with no demand, and very little attempt to create it looks.. well bad. I would be more than happy to do anything I can, but the lack of organization for such efforts is crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:05:42 PM

See what happens when you guys support a rollback. You're down over 33% and drowning slowly.

If there was no rollback when it was so easily do-able it'd be a gigantic blow to all cryptocurrency in general even bitcoin, in regards to fueling the critics in the media.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:07:09 PM

1. We need to get off this forum...its tooooo Toxic. We can easily close this forum and have a link to vericointalk forum

2. We need a dedicated News Site, with updates and developments once a week

3. We need to separate ourselves from the rest of pack of shit/scam coins
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:10:26 PM

Is their any plans to improve PR and or marketing? Not a "it's coming soon" But a real plan? If this is as good as it gets. I think 23k is a great price to get out and save a couple bucks.

You cannot go mainstream without a plan. Simply saying you to want to be mainstream, and making products with no demand, and very little attempt to create it looks.. well bad. I would be more than happy to do anything I can, but the lack of organization for such efforts is crazy.

Build it (the infrastructure) and they will come (customers, investors)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:15:41 PM

Problem is you can't convince anyone to buy a VeriCoin right now, and with good reason. Look at how organized we are. Did you know we have a community manager? I didn't. That is one of the most important keys to success, is a well organized community. We need the community to grow the coin, thousands of people working together, using peoples strengths can be such a powerful tool. Yet the only thing people care about in VeriCoin chat is posting moon pictures and saying "its just a a dip!" tomorrow 500k!

I agree we need to build things, and work harder. But with money just pouring out of the coin, a lack of organization, and to boot some of the worst luck in crypto with the mintpal hack... We are doomed without a proper plan of action. I thought it was a chance for us to seperate and bring in all sorts of people. All the mintpal hack did was lose us the core crypto nerds, and gain us no outsiders. We could have made the mintpal hack the best or worst thing to happen to a coin. We are letting ourselves be the victim. Seperation in crypto is big, and we had a chance to do it. And we are failing. Now we are just another crypto in peoples eyes with massive baggage. I for one will fight for this coin, but if its not worth fighting for, then I will move on and wish you all luck.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

Problem is you can't convince anyone to buy a VeriCoin right now, and with good reason. Look at how organized we are. Did you know we have a community manager? I didn't. That is one of the most important keys to success, is a well organized community. We need the community to grow the coin, thousands of people working together, using peoples strengths can be such a powerful tool. Yet the only thing people care about in VeriCoin chat is posting moon pictures and saying "its just a a dip!" tomorrow 500k!

I agree we need to build things, and work harder. But with money just pouring out of the coin, a lack of organization, and to boot some of the worst luck in crypto with the mintpal hack... We are doomed without a proper plan of action. I thought it was a chance for us to seperate and bring in all sorts of people. All the mintpal hack did was lose us the core crypto nerds, and gain us no outsiders. We could have made the mintpal hack the best or worst thing to happen to a coin. Seperation in crypto is big, and we had a chance to do it. And we failed. Now we are just another crypto in peoples eyes. I for one will fight for this coin, but if its not worth fighting for, then I will move on and wish you all luck.

The coin has got as far it can get with 3 devs working. Time to expand the core group and the regional initiative is a way to engage real people for real meaningful work.
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

pnosker.  I know you don't see it as a priority.  But knock out the best decentralized anon solution that works and Vericoin will become the most demanded coin.  People already see Vericoin as making inroads into easier public adoption, but the current market truly rewards those developers who are serious about user privacy and are committed to developing features that provide true decentralized anonymity.  Especially with New York's incorrect move to create the bit license, user privacy is even more important to implement the best and correctly.

TLDR:  Make a fully decentralized anonymous coin infrastructure that allows for adding a decentralized exchange/classifieds/craigslist type service on top of it and THIS COIN WILL DESTROY ALL COMERS.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:31:29 PM

This either must be a joke and these three guys have no idea what they are doing or this a very nicely orchestrated scam with the sole purpose of making US$ 300K-400K and let ppl hold the bag.

You hit the nail on the head. This is a classic case of IT people gone awry. They have no clue what they are doing from a marketing standpoint. I've voiced my opinion on this many times in this chat forum but making the educated decision to present both Wiz and Socal as part of the team has been detrimental to their success.

Also PNosker continuously saying "we don't care about price", "we don't care about traders" is just plain stupid. Either they truly don't care about making money (which seems crazy to me but is plausible) or they don't realize how to run a publicly traded piece of equity, like an altcoin.

IMHO we have the classic case of a team of developers with all the books smarts and none of the street smarts.

Would you like to volunteer? We never said we were marketing geniuses. In fact, we asked for someone to help manage this early on and sdmathis volunteered to be a community manager, but we really need more.

I said we don't care about price in the sense that we will not release news/features specifically to manipulate price. I make enough money to live reasonably without crypto so I don't need to sell off when the coin starts tanking. Doug/David/I all are in the same boat. We're doing this not as unemployed developers looking to make a quick buck but because we saw a void between crypto and the real world and we wanted to fix it. Play the blame game all you want and feel free to speculate more, but we're doing what we can do and if you or someone else wants to help us push with marketing we would really appreciate it. If you honestly think there's a better coin with better real developers and marketing perhaps you can direct us to their information so we can see if we can adapt better. Almost all I see when I look at the selection of coins are scams, developers that have a Google Hangout and curse off investors, etc.

We are real people trying to build a real coin and ecosystem. Believe it or not, it's up to you.

I actually would like to volunteer! I have contacted you by e-mail, in IRC channels and now on bitcointalk.org =p

And I honestly don't think there is a better coin out there! Which is again why I put all my money behind this coin, reached out to you to help and have been on this chat forum and IRC channels almost 24/7 for the last 5 weeks.
snakesoft33

Activity: 67

I AM HERE TO SEE THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:38:53 PM

As can be seen in the graphics market: Crypts and Bittrex, the volumes Vericon exchanged are much lower. We're talking about fluctuations correspond to 5 to 10 k units (recently in the last hours well below 0.5 and 0.2 k). which does not impose the final value. What actually is happening is somewhat speculative. Only those who suffer from anxiety are willing to sacrifice investment capital, because they conceived the idea of ​​loss of profit, they are the ones who are experiencing the loss.

The worst  tragedy is that most of them end up losing in the famous pumps are arranged.

1 -) Be patient.
2 -) Try to encourage investment.
3 -) Promote safe  house exchanges.
4 -) The most important add value to vericoin, How? "Promote it's advantages in forums, shopping centers and other entities.

Today 1 Vericon = 20 cents, Tomorrow who knows?

Graph:

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/209

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-VRC

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:43:50 PM

This either must be a joke and these three guys have no idea what they are doing or this a very nicely orchestrated scam with the sole purpose of making US$ 300K-400K and let ppl hold the bag.

You hit the nail on the head. This is a classic case of IT people gone awry. They have no clue what they are doing from a marketing standpoint. I've voiced my opinion on this many times in this chat forum but making the educated decision to present both Wiz and Socal as part of the team has been detrimental to their success.

Also PNosker continuously saying "we don't care about price", "we don't care about traders" is just plain stupid. Either they truly don't care about making money (which seems crazy to me but is plausible) or they don't realize how to run a publicly traded piece of equity, like an altcoin.

IMHO we have the classic case of a team of developers with all the books smarts and none of the street smarts.

Would you like to volunteer? We never said we were marketing geniuses. In fact, we asked for someone to help manage this early on and sdmathis volunteered to be a community manager, but we really need more.

I said we don't care about price in the sense that we will not release news/features specifically to manipulate price. I make enough money to live reasonably without crypto so I don't need to sell off when the coin starts tanking. Doug/David/I all are in the same boat. We're doing this not as unemployed developers looking to make a quick buck but because we saw a void between crypto and the real world and we wanted to fix it. Play the blame game all you want and feel free to speculate more, but we're doing what we can do and if you or someone else wants to help us push with marketing we would really appreciate it. If you honestly think there's a better coin with better real developers and marketing perhaps you can direct us to their information so we can see if we can adapt better. Almost all I see when I look at the selection of coins are scams, developers that have a Google Hangout and curse off investors, etc.

We are real people trying to build a real coin and ecosystem. Believe it or not, it's up to you.

I actually would like to volunteer! I have contacted you by e-mail, in IRC channels and now on bitcointalk.org =p

And I honestly don't think there is a better coin out there! Which is again why I put all my money behind this coin, reached out to you to help and have been on this chat forum and IRC channels almost 24/7 for the last 5 weeks.

Sorry-- probably got lost in the many channels we have. Please email me at pnosker@vericoin.info and let's talk! Smiley

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Uran0s

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Whats the status of development nowadays? I cant find anything through all this nonsense posts from Fudders and crying traders.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:50:33 PM

Whats the status of development nowadays? I cant find anything through all this nonsense posts from Fudders and crying traders.

I believe the devs are working on a second rollback to >35K satoshi.

Let's see how this works out for them!

Grin Cheesy Grin
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:55:45 PM

The amount of negativity and trash-talking in this thread is ridiculous. You can also notice how it really ramps up whenever the price drops, indicating that most of the people spreading this shit are only interested in making money. I have no interest in promoting VRC, I'm just honestly sick of this, especially when posts are attacking the dev team. The devs have done a lot of good work and they've stuck with their coin, unlike 99% of the shitcoins that plague the crypto community. They also regularly communicate and update the coin and its features. Even if you don't believe in the coin, stop being a jackass. I would honestly start handing out warnings and bans to some of the posters here if I was a bitcointalk mod.

Oh and also, for the love of god, stop posting those retarded pictures like "vericedes-benz" that promote the belief of striking it rich if you buy into VRC. They do nothing to promote the legitimacy of the coin.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:57:23 PM

I believe the devs are working on a second rollback to >35K satoshi.

Let's see how this works out for them!

Grin Cheesy Grin

Haha.... this is what I was thinking as it was free falling to 20.
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:59:00 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 10:02:35 PM by CodeHunter

If you don't have the money, then what makes you think you can sell a new payment method to the general masses? Because such a mission would take millions of dollars.

Vericoin's mission statement, its reason for being, is one you guys can't afford.

Anyways I just bought some VRC right now, because it's at a good price. Don't forget what you read previously about creating the best decentralized anon. Your team has the talent for such a goal, one which is more realistic.

(edit: I removed a mistake I made about Coblee, I thought he insulted vrc by using the word "parasite", but it wasn't him. I see now that the reddit debate was copy/pasted here in this thread very badly, should have read the original postings on reddit itself)

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

If you don't have the money, then what makes you think you can sell a new payment method to the general masses? Because such a mission would take millions of dollars.

Vericoin's mission statement, its reason for being, is one you guys can't afford.

And when Coblee calls Vericoin  "a parasite", don't reply with "I respect your opinion, I look up to you". What do you think the general masses (which you are going for) will think when they read that? This Coblee didn't treat you with the same respect you gave him, so he's not really "family". A real family member would not have done that. In what way is this guy related to you? Some very weird dysfunctional family values this guy has.

Anyways I just bought some VRC right now, because it's at a good price. Don't forget what you read previously about creating the best decentralized anon. Your team has the talent for such a goal, one which is more realistic.

I thought I hit the nail on the head when I call it RADIOACTIVE, but a PARASITE is just as good if not better.

+100 for Coblee
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:10:38 PM

This is a great time to expand, my friends did not want to get in because they thought the price was too high now they are selling their crap coin and jumping in while it is cheap. I am hoping for a huge upswing soon hopefully not too fast I am having a great time seeing my miners bring in so much coin. Also selling out of others to get in at a cheaper price since I originally got in at 32 Smiley

I like the quote you have under your name Grin
i like it so and it is true alot of people do panic sell and buy

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: