Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:44:56 PM

so tell me.. is this coin being dumped into oblivion? is still there hope for this coin? honest question

Just read the last few pages. Dev's are still here working hard and promoting the coin.  I don't know why it's dumping, but I've been buying all the way down.  I have a small 25k buy wall on Bittrex right now @ 15008 if anyone wants to join me to shore up Bittrex a little bit.

ill join you

Crap, we're taking heavy fire.  Half by wall just got blasted.  Anybody else join us?  Need reinforcements!

yep.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taurenchief

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:46:03 PM

There are hard-forks, forks, and blockchain rollbacks (essentially, large blockchain re-organizations).

Hard-forks are performed because there is a bug in the software that needs fixing - a fault in the software itself.
Bitcoin has had a few emergency hard-forks; 2 to be exact.  These are positive changes - they show that the developers and community are on top of things, and capable of fixing the protocol or protocol implementation when necessary.

Forks are when there are two competing blockchains - this is usually a bad thing.  Simple forks are often caused when there are protocol version conflicts, and the longer chain stops getting accepted by a set of nodes, who then branch into their own chain.  Forks are almost always a bad thing.

Blockchain rollbacks and re-orgs happen when someone 51% attacks the network, or for the first time with VRC, when devs decide to force a revert to a previous checkpoint.  Blockchain re-organizations (rollbacks) are VERY BAD.  They show that the network has NO orphan security, and that you very simply should not trust your money on that blockchain.

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they claim to know.

Nothing I'm saying is untrue, nor attacking a specific coin.  I would make these statements about any blockchain that was re-organized like VRC was.

It's not FUD if it's true - it's sharing knowledge.  
FUD has become the most ridiculously overused buzz word in this thread.  And it's being used to discredit people who's points cannot otherwise be disproven.  So, please, keep shouting FUD at me... it's obvious you're the only one spreading bullshit when you do so.

After reading your explanation of the fork vs hard fork vs block chain roll back, I recalled the early days of vericoin.
In the first day of mining, at around 1500 blocks, there was a fork (pow stage of vericoin was a fork heaven), the developer used a hard fork to hardfork the block chain to a early block before the fork happens.

I lost about somewhere between 10000 and 12000 coins in that hard fork (I was in the hero pool, the long and main block chain, and the 0feepool was on shorter chain, and in the first day, diff was very very low). At that time, I didn't think much about the hard fork (or we can now call it a rollback). After reading this explanation, that hard fork is just a mistake and should never be done. What the developers should have done is to find the long block chain, and use that right block chain to ask miners go to miner on that chain, rather than rolling it back.

Those forks happened multiple times and i remember it was rolled back multiple times. I was always mining in the hero pool and also lost some coins during those rollbacks.

Now I think it back, the rollback after mintpal hack is not alone(it has been done multiple times before), it has shown the incompetence of the developers, looks like they don't know what they were doing and just do what they want to do, rather than following the right thing in the community.

I don't want to FUD, but I am trying to say the fact. You guys can look at my post history and tell.

Nobody care to reply to my post, except one guy sees what i said as FUD
Anybody want to comment on it?

If you're saying that there was a rollback earlier in VeriCoin's history, sorry dude. Never happened. What did happen was that there were a number of forks (as happens to many young coins with heavy mining action) and some people were mining on the wrong fork. This caused them to THINK that they lost money, but they never really had the money in the first place because they were on the wrong fork. There was no early rollback however.

Thanks for your reply and your rudeness (at least it seems to me) to an honest claim the community manager. Are you sure about what you claim? I will do a recompile with the proof of what i claim and then get back to you, it may take a day or two.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 05:47:45 PM

Google Hangout Tomorrow 9PM EST to discuss the conference and what is to come!
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

There are hard-forks, forks, and blockchain rollbacks (essentially, large blockchain re-organizations).

Hard-forks are performed because there is a bug in the software that needs fixing - a fault in the software itself.
Bitcoin has had a few emergency hard-forks; 2 to be exact.  These are positive changes - they show that the developers and community are on top of things, and capable of fixing the protocol or protocol implementation when necessary.

Forks are when there are two competing blockchains - this is usually a bad thing.  Simple forks are often caused when there are protocol version conflicts, and the longer chain stops getting accepted by a set of nodes, who then branch into their own chain.  Forks are almost always a bad thing.

Blockchain rollbacks and re-orgs happen when someone 51% attacks the network, or for the first time with VRC, when devs decide to force a revert to a previous checkpoint.  Blockchain re-organizations (rollbacks) are VERY BAD.  They show that the network has NO orphan security, and that you very simply should not trust your money on that blockchain.

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they claim to know.

Nothing I'm saying is untrue, nor attacking a specific coin.  I would make these statements about any blockchain that was re-organized like VRC was.

It's not FUD if it's true - it's sharing knowledge.  
FUD has become the most ridiculously overused buzz word in this thread.  And it's being used to discredit people who's points cannot otherwise be disproven.  So, please, keep shouting FUD at me... it's obvious you're the only one spreading bullshit when you do so.

After reading your explanation of the fork vs hard fork vs block chain roll back, I recalled the early days of vericoin.
In the first day of mining, at around 1500 blocks, there was a fork (pow stage of vericoin was a fork heaven), the developer used a hard fork to hardfork the block chain to a early block before the fork happens.

I lost about somewhere between 10000 and 12000 coins in that hard fork (I was in the hero pool, the long and main block chain, and the 0feepool was on shorter chain, and in the first day, diff was very very low). At that time, I didn't think much about the hard fork (or we can now call it a rollback). After reading this explanation, that hard fork is just a mistake and should never be done. What the developers should have done is to find the long block chain, and use that right block chain to ask miners go to miner on that chain, rather than rolling it back.

Those forks happened multiple times and i remember it was rolled back multiple times. I was always mining in the hero pool and also lost some coins during those rollbacks.

Now I think it back, the rollback after mintpal hack is not alone(it has been done multiple times before), it has shown the incompetence of the developers, looks like they don't know what they were doing and just do what they want to do, rather than following the right thing in the community.

I don't want to FUD, but I am trying to say the fact. You guys can look at my post history and tell.

Nobody care to reply to my post, except one guy sees what i said as FUD
Anybody want to comment on it?

If you're saying that there was a rollback earlier in VeriCoin's history, sorry dude. Never happened. What did happen was that there were a number of forks (as happens to many young coins with heavy mining action) and some people were mining on the wrong fork. This caused them to THINK that they lost money, but they never really had the money in the first place because they were on the wrong fork. There was no early rollback however.

Thanks for your reply and your rudeness (at least it seems to me) to an honest claim the community manager. Are you sure about what you claim? I will do a recompile with the proof of what i claim and then get back to you, it may take a day or two.

We didn't fork backwards, the network just chose the furthest along fork. That's normal when forks occur. It's called a block reorganization. It's happened countless times to BTC/LTC/etc.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:54:35 PM

Putting things in perspective, I am going to disagree with Douglas: This kind of panic selling has NEVER happened before in VRC. Sorry but I have been here since the get go and no, not of these dimensions. This is A TOTAL PANIC SELLING DUMP. I'd say ALL traders (by ALL I mean the hugely vast majority) are or have already dumped VRC. Not only them, all the small investors and, of course, all nthe weak hands. It is, in fact, safe to say that most if not ALL of the VRC outside of the 10 million that are staking -as per your count, Douglas-, have been not just sold but probably sold, in panic, a few times in many cases. The proportions of the dump are epic.

That said, we must have reaching the bottom because there should be no more people willing to sell at any moment. This is the community that support VRC, on their own. No outside traders, no outside investors, no groups, no whales. Just like at the beginning or VRC, only enormously more solid. Bottom price will be what will be, but that will be the REAL value of VRC as supported by it's stakeholders.

This gives -should give- the dev a premium opportunity to really stop the presses and evaluate. With perspective. And stop listening to the single requests that have poured here through the panic dump. There's no "saving the coin". The coin is saved. By those 10 million VRC staking and the community that owns them (plus the few million more still on the exchanges but that will not be sold at these prices or below no matter what). That community has given your their full support, especially bin the rollback decision. That community wants you to keep setting higher standards. That community supports regulation -which is coming and is inevitable-. That community doesn't support, regardless of the petitions, a shadow market (decentralized) that serves only interests outside the law. And that community supports every and all efforts to make sure that thieves will not benefit from attacking VRC no matter what, no mattter in one or 100 rollbacks are necessary. The so-called integrity of the block chain is Bullshit. The integrity that you have to defend, because your stake holders demand so, is the integrity of the coin: That the investors are protected and that the vendors are protected. That's the only integrity that counts to the stakeholders and to the future vendors and customers that will adopt Vericoin.

So I invite you to pause, evaluate and take advantage -and a strong forward, proactive position- of the new circumstances and SET THE PATH to follow, whether the other people in crypto like it or not. Your obligation is not to Lee, not to anyone in particular. Your obligation is to those stakeholders thata keep 10 million VRC staking. They have spoken loud and clear to you. You need ton listen to them and act in consequence.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Google Hangout Tomorrow 9PM EST to discuss the conference and what is to come!

Please no more "At the end of the day"?

And, whoever is "moderating", can we make the whole thing a bit more dynamic, like it's ok to interrupt answer that go waaaay too long. Collect your thoughts BEFORE answering and do not LINGER. If you left something out, come back to it, briefly, specifically, later on your next turn but don't linger on.

Oh and William has "taken over" radio? Really?

Wow.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

so tell me.. is this coin being dumped into oblivion? is still there hope for this coin? honest question

Just read the last few pages. Dev's are still here working hard and promoting the coin.  I don't know why it's dumping, but I've been buying all the way down.  I have a small 25k buy wall on Bittrex right now @ 15008 if anyone wants to join me to shore up Bittrex a little bit.

ill join you

Crap, we're taking heavy fire.  Half by wall just got blasted.  Anybody else join us?  Need reinforcements!

yep.

good call libertynow.. hahaha.. this is getting fun.. i got your six while i increasing my vrc! just a change of perspective...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:07:22 PM

These bounces will, logically, be sold off. Be aware and be ready or, better yet, don't pay any attention to them. Just daytrading going on.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:07:48 PM

Putting things in perspective, I am going to disagree with Douglas: This kind of panic selling has NEVER happened before in VRC. Sorry but I have been here since the get go and no, not of these dimensions. This is A TOTAL PANIC SELLING DUMP. I'd say ALL traders (by ALL I mean the hugely vast majority) are or have already dumped VRC. Not only them, all the small investors and, of course, all nthe weak hands. It is, in fact, safe to say that most if not ALL of the VRC outside of the 10 million that are staking -as per your count, Douglas-, have been not just sold but probably sold, in panic, a few times in many cases. The proportions of the dump are epic.

That said, we must have reaching the bottom because there should be no more people willing to sell at any moment. This is the community that support VRC, on their own. No outside traders, no outside investors, no groups, no whales. Just like at the beginning or VRC, only enormously more solid. Bottom price will be what will be, but that will be the REAL value of VRC as supported by it's stakeholders.

This gives -should give- the dev a premium opportunity to really stop the presses and evaluate. With perspective. And stop listening to the single requests that have poured here through the panic dump. There's no "saving the coin". The coin is saved. By those 10 million VRC staking and the community that owns them (plus the few million more still on the exchanges but that will not be sold at these prices or below no matter what). That community has given your their full support, especially bin the rollback decision. That community wants you to keep setting higher standards. That community supports regulation -which is coming and is inevitable-. That community doesn't support, regardless of the petitions, a shadow market (decentralized) that serves only interests outside the law. And that community supports every and all efforts to make sure that thieves will not benefit from attacking VRC no matter what, no mattter in one or 100 rollbacks are necessary. The so-called integrity of the block chain is Bullshit. The integrity that you have to defend, because your stake holders demand so, is the integrity of the coin: That the investors are protected and that the vendors are protected. That's the only integrity that counts to the stakeholders and to the future vendors and customers that will adopt Vericoin.

So I invite you to pause, evaluate and take advantage -and a strong forward, proactive position- of the new circumstances and SET THE PATH to follow, whether the other people in crypto like it or not. Your obligation is not to Lee, not to anyone in particular. Your obligation is to those stakeholders thata keep 10 million VRC staking. They have spoken loud and clear to you. You need ton listen to them and act in consequence.

I agree with most of your comments here, and I appreciate your thoughtful contemplation.  This is more extreme than before but something nearly all coins have seen, one time or another.  I also agree this is a ownership reset, and we will be much more poised for strength in the long run!  Remember this is still the early stages...
raffern

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:12:17 PM

Is that it panic over? Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

I agree with most of your comments here, and I appreciate your thoughtful contemplation.  This is more extreme than before but something nearly all coins have seen, one time or another.  I also agree this is a ownership reset, and we will be much more poised for strength in the long run!  Remember this is still the early stages...

Precisely. Early stages. Forward looking is imperative. Rushing features just because the current market supports those features is meaningless in the long term. VISION, long term forward vision, is what VRC needs. And stick to it regardless of the market and the prices. That is NOT, not caring about the investors, or the price, that would be not letting the markets and the prices interfere in the progress of the coin towards its ultimate objectives, those that the stakeholders support, not what a few cry about now because they want a 200% increase in price to dump their coins. We already were at more than 200% above current price. And meant nothing. The clear path is toward the mass adoption through the standard already established: Honesty, transparency, integrity. In the dev team and in the coin. And not so-called "integrity of the blockchain" but integrity of the coin towards the VISION of the devs supported by the stakeholders and towards guaranteeing, at whatever measures may be required, that both vendors and investors are protected. Every coin WILL be forced, by law, to guarantee that. VRC is and should remain then pioneer in implementing it by will, not forced by law.

Remember: The people that temporarily own 10 million coins don't care about where VRC is going, they only care about selling those for a profit as quickly as possible. That is not only not bad, it is actually very good, because they create liquidity, interest = MARKET. But the ones that will remain, regardless of what the market does, are the 10 million that are staking and the other 6 million that remain in exchanges hoping/expecting for longer term profits. Those are your SUPPORT and your STRENGTH. You must stay the course that they support and no other.
BitcoinPorn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:23:47 PM

Fucking Coinbase and their damn near week waits to get coin into my account, I want to scoop up so much more VRC right now, just waiting waiting waiting.

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:34:36 PM

Fucking Coinbase and their damn near week waits to get coin into my account, I want to scoop up so much more VRC right now, just waiting waiting waiting.

I feel ya!! haha I told myself I wouldn't buy more but god dang these prices are just too good to pass up - waiting, waiting, waiting....
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

Never in my life have I run across more people who think STEALING & THIEVES should be rewarded. Some of you people make me so sick, its no wonder a hand full of you do nothing but troll coin forums constantly, society doesn't accept you.
WOW thats harsh im sure you will get a backlash of responses now so be prepared just incase lol

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:40:14 PM

Yup, this looks eerily similar to Blackcoin. I called this out when Wiz and IconicExpert got involved. History tends to repeat itself.

It should be noted though that the ethereum IPO is likely sucking BTC out of just about every market today. I still can't believe how much money is being thrown at that thing... I'm going to guess a LOT of people will get burned on ethereum. I mean, did people even read the clause in their disclaimer which states they have no legal obligation to complete the project?

yep seems like it, 6000 BTC thrown at it so far....  with how it goes down by such a small margin as well plenty of time to wait before buying for investing anyways.

6000 or some less buyers, 8000 views on that video on the homepage... kinda smells like a cluster of wishful thinkers on something with zero reach

If you haven't noticed that it's exactly the wishful thinkers who make the value for a coin it's your loss. The amount of bitcoin flowing into ethereum should give you some indication of how big it will be. Even if the features won't be as big as promised it will still have market cap close to ripple.

You could also say that it's philosophy is quite close to VRC in fact since the developers are known and they have a clear vision. In addition it seems professional which is essential in earning investors trust so please don't lie to yourself and say that ethereum "has no reach". Either way I only invested as much as I can afford to lose, just in case that some dramatic happens and they aren't able to pull it off.

PS. I am now closely watching VRC for the best time to buy back in

Ive been buying at 21K, once the dump is over and coin is in more appropriate hands the prices will stably rise back to normal. The problem most people run into is the fear and panic making them dump with the whales, rather than letting them play and wait.
Or, the smart people are walking away from this sham of a blockchain...

You can say that again. This coin is a pure sham!

Can you please stop tiring my eyes. Your posts have no substance and only thing they made me sure of is to invest my bitcoins to something else then cloak

Nobody cares what you think.. You have 7 posts! GTFOH noob!

I think you care. I have 20 bitcoins ready to go to alts including CLOAK, VRC and ethereum. Thanks to you CLOAK won't be one of my investments
i think anyone with 20 bitcoins to spend might make a dent in some markets and pump others to all new highs, but that is just my opinion. Now if we was talking doge coin im not sure what 20 bitcoin would do maybe 1 satishi? lol

drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:43:38 PM

Here is a roadmap that has some valuable ideas in it and I think our current team of Devs are capable of  achieving them.  I urge the Devs to read into it and put thought into how they can implement these features in the below roadmap.

http://vootcoin.net/forum/discussion/6/our-current-development-road-map

Just knock out the rest of the network privacy action items and set the stage for the Vericoin Marketplace and Merchant Point of Sale features and we are golden.  Just saying.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:45:03 PM

I don't care about the price actually, because for me VRC is a Long term Investment (if i would care i'd have to cry because i lost 50% of my Investment)
But what really shocks me is the poor quality. Im running the Wallet 1.3.4. I permanently get Network Alert messages from the previous version, that i've uninstalled as discribed. Also Malwarebytes is popping up from time to time and tries to block the wallet.
The fiat button doesn't work (only blanksreen). That's not too bad, because it's in an early stage.
But what really makes me angry is: I don't get any payouts from the miner since days. I told my Problem here and on irc but nothing changed. In Europe the electricity costs are immens, so please take care that it works correctly.

Regards,
Michael
Shitty devs are shitty devs.  Adding a bunch of centralized web-based features to the QT client doesn't equate to a good coin.  Reverting a blockchain to save an exchange is awful, and set a precedent for the future of this coin (meaning, it has no real future).  People will always look back on this coin's history and go, "ah right, the devs that 51% attacked their own coin..."
i often wondered if there could have been a way to work a 3rd option. Let the rollback happen but make the responsible exchange pay a fee of some sort. Then use those funds to further promote VRC, like i said im sure cant be done but wishful thinking. Because in no way would i want the hackers to be rewarded so there must be a 3rd option.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Most people wont care, all businesses will though. Who's going to take a chance and ship a product for cryptcoin when the devs have shown that they're willing to bend over, take it in the ass from mintpal and rollback to bail them out.

Businesses won't even know what a mintpal is. They'll be like "is that a mouth wash or something?"

And when you explain the rollback to your average business, they would have learned that it saved the investors' money. And businesses only care about money, not anti-Bernanke ideology. In fact, they love the fed, they made a fortune thanks to QE.

you sir might be a noob but that right there is perfect example. We all want some crypto to be great but at the end of the day we need merchants to accept it. It dont matter what promise land is offered to us or whatever bottom line is corporations all care about 1 thing and that is the bottom line for investors. It does not matter what backlash it creates from the consumer because in the end the consumer still needs the corporation. Look at walmart in the late 80s early 90s when they started getting alot of the stuff from china and india and mexico. Alot of people said screw walmart and bitched and moaned but at the end of the day still had to go buy something from them. The few that actually moved on and never returned to walmart well walmart did not care nor suffer. The same is for like auto makers people cry about robots doing 85% of the jobs but in end of day they still needed a product. As for banks bail outs i can tell you i was pissed off when TARP bailed out citi bank but fuck i was so happy when i bought the citi stock at 0.97$ a share and sold it off at almost $10 a share. So bottom line while people might not agree with what devs and community did to the coin the fact is they got to please investors and corporations.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

Already a more than 50% rebound
 And going

Perhaps we all have gotten a bit of perspective, much needed perspective, now.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

its hard trying to correct fud but ouch doubters lose money
Pages: « 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: