Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:06:18 PM

I figured that I might as well share this.  I just had a good laugh when I saw that FUD was included in the 'Appeal to fear' Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_fear#Fear.2C_uncertainty_and_doubt

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:47:12 PM

I am ready to donate 100k VRC in the next 5 minutes to support any ideas that take this coin to the next level :-)) and I said to you I have nothing but respect for your hard work, but this event unfortunatelly will not change anything for vericoin, except that you feel very well that you have done something and probably that makes worthwhile the whole thing. So I am keep waiting for the opportunity to show my support. :-)))

Hi, just passing by to read the drama, navigate through the amazing nonexistent improvements and developments of the coin and collect my 100k from altcoinUK challenge so I can add them to my already diminished holding bag.

The idea is simple and it can be resumed in one line:

Convince James (jl777) to include Vericoin in the superNET project.

VMEMgDLW1cXuYg9dVkG9t6Fh4psAYqyFKG

Pleasure to help, altcoinUK! Cheesy

Eth.

Thanks for the tip Eth, the offer has been upgraded and 200k on the way :-)))

As for the vericoin integration to superNet, since James has not released any substance about his idea (e.g. white paper, software document, source code) except high level buzz words such as there will be some services, I guess better to wait until we understand what superNET is.

first thing we agree on

+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Hello VeriCoin community...

While all eyes are on the Minnesota State Fair and we wait to hear/see news of the event, please take the time to vote for VeriCoin's inclusion in the initial release of the Casheer.net app. Simply post a comment why you believe VeriCoin is a GREAT match for their app.  The final list of coins to be included will be released Monday, Sept. 1st.

You can vote here: http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=76

Registering on the forum is simple and takes just a few minutes.

Thanks for showing your support for VeriCoin, the virtual cash for the masses.

We made the list for the second round, BUT, lets see it we can get on the first round list of coins to be included in the Casheer.net app.  Vote here to support VeriCoin: http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=76

Today is the last day to vote.

Cheers...

Thanks for the heads-up!

ereborltc

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

pretty sure you are the same ether from twitter who was making those mini logos for profile pics... veryverimillionair was it...something like that..either way couldn't care less.. was nice chatting with u ..good luck on wtv you do , sincerely i don't wish bad on no one ... ill resume my cheerleading Wink

Mh no... when I show my support to a coin I do it in a different way, meaningless cheerleading is not my style. Besides failing at listing what I asked you also prove to be a really bad detective.

Now you can go back to your cheerleading, man your bag must be even bigger than mine was, good luck with that.

PS: About sending me the clothes to make up for the losses... was it serious... or...? Plz PM catalog of last season leftovers, I don't want bankruptcy for anyone.

Eth.
Um.. yes 100% my bag is bigger than yours lololol...and continues to grow, remember that when vrc takes off;)

and yes I'm 100% serious about the clothes , when you receive them you'll realize who your talking too, so pm me your address Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:14:58 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 09:22:14 PM by altcoinUK

Putting all speculation aside, the vast majority of digital currencies have dropped significantly within the last couple of months and it has more to do with the summer doldrums than anything else.  Yeah, most miners are still trying to recoup their capital expenditures on overly priced mining equipment and that's exerting downward pressure on a thinly traded market but the fact of the matter is that it's summertime and in typical summer fashion, most traders are out enjoying family vacations instead of trading.  I'm sure we could all blame it on the devs, though.  Perhaps if they had planned ahead they could have implemented some sort of algorithm that rewards people with a much higher interest rate when they're staking while at the beach or something of that nature but rather than play the blame game, I'm using this as an opportunity to back up the truck and/or load the boat with some incredibly cheap digital coins.

Let's see the facts based on real market data instead of usual cheerleader mantra and hurrah talk. Since vericoin not even remotely connected to the market dynamics of Litecoin what you like referring to, let's see vericoin's performance against altcoins that are direct competitors such as CLOAK and VIACOIN. The market data indicate that all three currencies had their pumps and dumps, just like vericoin cloak and viacoin were pumped and dumped as well. Following the P&D vericoin is 9k at this moment in time while the price of CLOAK is 290% and VIA is 284% higher than vericoin. I understand you are a hardcore cheerleader but perhaps you could acknowledge that vericoin, cloak and viacoin delivered the above result this summer under the very same market conditions. Please note cloak and vericoin price was same end of June, and vericoin and viacoin price was same at the end of July.

So what kind of summer fashion, Litecoin and family vacations nonsense are you talking about?

You might as well dispense with the logically fallacious emotional appeals and your negatively biased dysphemisms because I don't buy your BS for one minute.   You put on a great act and you might have some people fooled into thinking that you're a legitimate investor but you're obviously not intelligent enough to fool everybody here, including myself.  Also, I don't know where you're getting your information but the market data that I'm looking at (via Bitcoinwisdom) says that CLOAK is down almost 90% in the last month while VRC is only down 43%.  

In regards to my previous post, I was referring to Litecoin because it's the number one alt (with the largest market cap) and has served well as a barometer for the altcoin market in general.  If I wanted to exaggerate or use hyperbole as you often seem to do, I could easily have compared VRC to any number of alts in the marketplace which have experienced more dramatic drops in price (but I didn't because I'm not an optimist nor a pessimist but rather, a realist).  

It seems that you don't really understand the cyclical workings of the marketplace and I don't feel like having to explain the basics to you (Investing 101) so I'll just leave you with a link:

http://beginnersinvest.about.com/od/beginnerscorner/qt/summerdoldrums.htm

One of your problems is that you are worried about trading matters such as that beginner link, but prior trading you should have rational thinking and the basic ability to perform simple logical reasoning - which evidently none of them you have. Your premise of "the all time high coin price that is caused by a pump indicates genuine investor activity" is false, therefore your reasoning and conclusion is completely irrelevant in the context of a discussion about the performance of the three coins.

With a formal logic modus ponendo ponens I say this
The price caused by a pump is artificial and does not indicate genuine investor interest.
The vericoin, cloak and viacoin all time high prices were reached during pumps.
Therefore, the VRC, VIA and CLOAK pumped all time high prices are don't indicate genuine investor interest (and they are insufficient for proper performance analysis).

Using a high school level formal logic sequent notation (which you must be familiar with as from your erratic behaviour it seems you are still in high school) we can describe this as P -> Q, P ├ Q.

As I demonstrated with a simple formal logic formula, your 90% or 43% data is irrelevant in the context of comparing the three coins, though I accept you hardcore cheerleader guys like to use that data to present your hype making and in the meantime - as I demonstrated it - delusional arguments.

You need to adopt rational thinking and logical reasoning. In order to do that you need to use valid data. Since the pump ATH price is irrelevant (see above), we need to use the current market price. These are
VeriCoin price:     9,200 Sat
Cloak price:       29,754 Sat
ViaCoin price:    25,500 Sat

From this you can see that at this moment in time cloak and viacoin price is 323% and 277% higher respectively than vericion. In the meantime we established already, that cloak and viacoin price was identical to vericoin not long time ago. Clearly, cloak and viacoin outperform vericoin. As the vericoin devs don't deliver other coins outperform vericoin (i.e. the investment flows there).

So what are you celebrating here my good cheerleader friend :-))))

Bananacat

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:30:50 PM

you're not taking into account coin supply and market cap, only coin value.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:45:03 PM

You are absolutely right, that should be taken into account as well. Since I am not a freaking economist and just having conversation with my good friend ELMER_FUD who seemingly obsessed with my posts, all I was trying to say that the ATH reached via a pump is not valid base for comparison.

Anyway, my opinion is that VeriCoin is not doing well on the market - see volume, price and order book. It would be great to see more volume, price and a healthier order book, but in order to achieve that the devs should start working on the coin. It's simple, I am not sure why the over-sensitive prima donna cheerleaders so unhappy about my constructive criticism.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

In coming long post in about 20 minutes...
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

Putting all speculation aside, the vast majority of digital currencies have dropped significantly within the last couple of months and it has more to do with the summer doldrums than anything else.  Yeah, most miners are still trying to recoup their capital expenditures on overly priced mining equipment and that's exerting downward pressure on a thinly traded market but the fact of the matter is that it's summertime and in typical summer fashion, most traders are out enjoying family vacations instead of trading.  I'm sure we could all blame it on the devs, though.  Perhaps if they had planned ahead they could have implemented some sort of algorithm that rewards people with a much higher interest rate when they're staking while at the beach or something of that nature but rather than play the blame game, I'm using this as an opportunity to back up the truck and/or load the boat with some incredibly cheap digital coins.

Let's see the facts based on real market data instead of usual cheerleader mantra and hurrah talk. Since vericoin not even remotely connected to the market dynamics of Litecoin what you like referring to, let's see vericoin's performance against altcoins that are direct competitors such as CLOAK and VIACOIN. The market data indicate that all three currencies had their pumps and dumps, just like vericoin cloak and viacoin were pumped and dumped as well. Following the P&D vericoin is 9k at this moment in time while the price of CLOAK is 290% and VIA is 284% higher than vericoin. I understand you are a hardcore cheerleader but perhaps you could acknowledge that vericoin, cloak and viacoin delivered the above result this summer under the very same market conditions. Please note cloak and vericoin price was same end of June, and vericoin and viacoin price was same at the end of July.

So what kind of summer fashion, Litecoin and family vacations nonsense are you talking about?

You might as well dispense with the logically fallacious emotional appeals and your negatively biased dysphemisms because I don't buy your BS for one minute.   You put on a great act and you might have some people fooled into thinking that you're a legitimate investor but you're obviously not intelligent enough to fool everybody here, including myself.  Also, I don't know where you're getting your information but the market data that I'm looking at (via Bitcoinwisdom) says that CLOAK is down almost 90% in the last month while VRC is only down 43%.  

In regards to my previous post, I was referring to Litecoin because it's the number one alt (with the largest market cap) and has served well as a barometer for the altcoin market in general.  If I wanted to exaggerate or use hyperbole as you often seem to do, I could easily have compared VRC to any number of alts in the marketplace which have experienced more dramatic drops in price (but I didn't because I'm not an optimist nor a pessimist but rather, a realist).  

It seems that you don't really understand the cyclical workings of the marketplace and I don't feel like having to explain the basics to you (Investing 101) so I'll just leave you with a link:

http://beginnersinvest.about.com/od/beginnerscorner/qt/summerdoldrums.htm

One of your problems is that you are worried about trading matters such as that beginner link, but prior trading you should have rational thinking and the basic ability to perform simple logical reasoning - which evidently none of them you have. Your premise of "the all time high coin price that is caused by a pump indicates genuine investor activity" is false, therefore your reasoning and conclusion is completely irrelevant in the context of a discussion about the performance of the three coins.

With a formal logic modus ponendo ponens I say this
The price caused by a pump is artificial and does not indicate genuine investor interest.
The vericoin, cloak and viacoin all time high prices were reached during pumps.
Therefore, the pumped all time high prices are don't indicate genuine investor interest and they are insufficient for proper performance analysis.

Using a high school level formal logic sequent notation (which you must be familiar with as from your erratic behaviour it seems you are still in high school) we can describe this as P -> Q, P |- Q.

As I demonstrated with a simple formal logic formula, your 90% or 43% data is irrelevant in the context of comparing the three coins, though I accept you hardcore cheerleader guys like to use that data to present your hype making and in the meantime - as I demonstrated it - delusional arguments.

You need to adopt rational thinking and logical reasoning. In order to do that you need to use valid data. Since the pump ATH price is irrelevant (see above), we need to use the current market price. These are
VeriCoin price:     9,200 Sat
Cloak price:       29,754 Sat
ViaCoin price:    25,500 Sat

From this you can see that at this moment in time cloak and viacoin price is 323% and 277% higher respectively than vericion. In the meantime we established already, that cloak and viacoin price was identical to vericoin not long time ago. Clearly, cloak and viacoin outperform vericoin. As the vericoin devs don't deliver other coins outperform vericoin (i.e. the investment flows there).

So what are you celebrating here my good cheerleader friend :-))))

You sure do know how to twist things around.  I'll give you that much.  You haven't demonstrated anything other than how great of a bull$hit artist you can be so quit pretending like you know me or anything about me, let alone what my problems are.  The beginner link was posted for you because you didn't (and still don't) seem to grasp that the summer months are always slow for trading in just about any market.

As far as the pricing goes, you seem to be oblivious (or purposefully deceitful?) of the fact that Cloakcoin, which is currently #42 on the coin marketcap list (via http://coinmarketcap.com ), only has 4,526,601 coins in total and a market cap of $637,667 while VeriCoin, which is #27 on the list, has 26,835,360 coins and a market cap of $1,173,253 so the individual coin price is pretty much irrelevant in the way that you're trying to compare them.

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

Bingo! 

If you read over his posts you'll see that altcoinUK does A LOT of misrepresenting (to the point where it seems to be pathological).

ereborltc

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:12:20 PM

aaaaaannnnndddd whooooooo cares !! i don't even bother reading all these books... just gonna keep cheerleading and accumulating ,unlike you children with your extreme anxiety over your lost life savings .... i have no doubt the devs are working hard and don't bother posting senseless posts every day just to get the debbie downer group to go on full retard attack...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:15:42 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 09:38:02 PM by altcoinUK

You sure do know how to twist things around.  I'll give you that much.  You haven't demonstrated anything other than how great of a bull$hit artist you can be so quit pretending like you know me or anything about me, let alone what my problems are.  The beginner link was posted for you because you didn't (and still don't) seem to grasp that the summer months are always slow for trading in just about any market.

As far as the pricing goes, you seem to be oblivious (or purposefully deceitful?) of the fact that Cloakcoin, which is currently #42 on the coin marketcap list (via http://coinmarketcap.com ), only has 4,526,601 coins in total and a market cap of $637,667 while VeriCoin, which is #27 on the list, has 26,835,360 coins and a market cap of $1,173,253 so the individual coin price is pretty much irrelevant in the way that you're trying to compare them.

Elmer, you are digging yourself into a bigger and bigger hole :-))

While I have to agree a proper analysis - which is not my domain as a) I don't speak English b) I am not an economist - should take into account all factors, strictly speaking investors buy coins and not your market cap analysis graphs nor your all-time-high-to-current-price analysis. Therefore, the investor who bought CLOAK when its price was identical to VRC 323% better off today than investors who bought VRC at the same time. Investors who bought VIA when its price was identical to VRC 277% better off than investors who bought VRC at the very same time.

In investment, the only important measure is (at least for me) that how much ROI could be realised on 1 dollar investment, and VRC performs very poorly in the ROI comparison.

Isn't that simple? :-)))

I don't understand you hardcore cheerleaders, you are trying to justify and defend the unjustifiable poor VRC progress. It would be more reasonable you would admit, yeah we are not doing great lately and then move on to find the solution for the problems.

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

Well, sorry it took me a few moments to provide a recap to the MN State Fair event. It was a long day, long night and I had some family things to attend to this morning before finally getting back to my computer.

Overall I would say the event was a success! I'll be honest and admit there were some things that could have gone better. At the same time we had some good surprises too. So yeah, there were both good and bad surprises, which during an event like this would be expected.

I'll start with the unexpected "bad stuff" first and end with the positive second.

So just to remind people - our Vericoin booth was part of a bigger booth titled the "MN World Fair Expo 2023" aka Expo 2023. The purpose of Expo 2023 is to raise awareness/donations for Minnesota to host the World Fair in 2023. So part of the reason they were excited to have Vericoin be part of the booth was to display "future technology" like digital currencies and 3D printing (for example). So with that being said - they had our Vericoin booth tucked behind everything going on with Expo 2023. I was hoping we'd have more front and center space, which we did not, which was disappointing. I took to MS Paint with my pro graphics design skills to show what the set up looked like:

The brownish/red rectangles were the entrance to the building. Red lines was the way traffic was moving. The blue rectangle was our booth. The black circles on the outside black line was were Expo 2023 posted informational stations. And the orange circles were Expo 2023 volunteers.

With them being all over the place we had no chance to get people to actually come into the area and talk to us about Vericoin. So as a result we had to ditch hanging out behind a table and just force ourselves front and center to stay engaged with everyone walking by. The blue circles where were my friend Jake and I were mainly standing.

So with all that in mind - we basically stood front and center with the laminated Vericoin Flyers, business cards and our phones with VRC loaded into them in hand. Nothing really changed in the sense we talked to as many people as we could about VRC. The disappointing part was the fact we couldn't pull people in to sign-up for the drawing, which to be honest no one really was interested in doing anyway. Which meant we were unable to collect any information to follow-up with people on a mass scale.

So this second "bad piece" was by far the biggest issue of the whole day. There were times when no one could use their phones! We did not see this coming but due to the mass amount of people in such a compacted area (there were seriously tens of thousands of people everywhere) - there were times when no one could get 3G/4G connections to work. It was taking anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes for people to actually get a connection and download the VRC wallet, at the best times! There were a handful of people who were patiently trying (one family stuck around for probably 15 minutes) but just straight up couldn't get a connection at all. We tried walking outside, going around the corner but no matter where you went there were just mass amounts of people everywhere!! So that was a huge unexpected surprise. For those who were interested in collecting some VRC but couldn't receive any - I handed them my personal information and asked them to contact me personally. There were about 5-6 people who seemed interested in following-up - we'll see if they do.

I will also admit when I am wrong. Both altcoinUK and buy4crypto talked days before the event how handing out $1-5 was so insignificant people wouldn't be interested. Being that I work marketing events all the time and see the hoops people will jump through to receive: a sticker, a free candy bar, a free pen, etc. - I thought we'd have no problem handing out $1-5 free dollars in Vericoin. Well they were absolutely correct that people had no interest in that. We had to bump the price tag up to $25/person and even then most people weren't interested in talking. So instead of doing the high volume/high mass interaction as we had planned - we changed gears and did the quality vs. quantity piece. The only people we handed out VRC to were people we spent a good 5-15 minutes talking to us which was really the time it took for them to get the wallet downloaded, account registered, and Vericoin sent over anyway. As a result - depending on how many people do actually follow-up. We have almost half our VRC stash 5,900 left over from the event. I'm going to leave this for another discussion but I am thinking there is 1 of 2 solutions to having this left over VRC. I'm happy to provide a refund to those who donated. Surprisingly enough I know where about 85% of the VRC came from - so given the fact we started the day with a little less than 12,000 VRC I can pretty much give back everyone 1/2 of what they donated. Or I can rollover this stash for the next event I have coming up on 9/4/14. I will only take feedback from those who donated as far as what to do with this. I am open to either idea.

Whew... ok. So I want to turn my attention towards what went well. For the matter of time/space I am going to be more brief on the good parts. I know I was a bit heavy on the details explaining what didn't go as planned above. But again, please realize we had a wonderful day and really felt the event went well. I am not just saying that because I ran it - it was an awesome day!

First piece being: we had some REALLY good conversations with a lot of people. Even though we didn't hand us as much VRC as we anticipated don't let that fool you into thinking we didn't talk to a lot of people, because we did! iPhones, dumbphones, no phones obviously kept many people from receiving any VRC during the event. We made sure to get them the proper information to read more about Vericoin, showed them the website, and gave them contact information to follow-up with, with any questions.

A big positive was the fact all the Expo 2023 volunteers were willing to help us pass out Vericoin business cards. So even though they did get in the way of blocking our booth and really had their own agenda - they were still nice in helping us pass out business cards and were helping pull people in to hear about Vericoin. That was a nice surprise. Also with the remaining 100-150 business cards we had - the Expo 2023 booth said to leave them there and that they would pass them out over the remaining 2 days.

Probably the best surprise of all was that we had a great interview with the Minnesota Secretary of State who was at the event briefly to help support Minnesota businesses. This is something that was recorded and will be edited down. As soon as I have a copy of this piece I will be passing it along to the Vericoin community. The best part of the interview was that he specifically continued to refer to Vericoin (not bitcoin) as a way to help businesses grow. All in all we recorded for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what the final piece will look like. We also had some great photos during the day - which again are coming from multiple sources and will be passed along when all collected.

I also talked to a few people who seem interested in investing some money into VRC. This is not on any large scale but I do believe as a result of the event we will be getting a few more thousand dollars invested in the coin. I am following up with these people personally and am going to help them get accounts set up to move forward.

I am going to just leave it at that for now. I know this is (another) long post by me. So much time and effort went into planning this event and I really do appreciate everyone help! I don't want to just forget about it and move on but at the same time - I have the next event for VRC coming up in 5 days! 9/4/14 I am hosting my bitcoin meetup's group next meeting to discuss all alt coins, obviously I'll be talking VRC - and should have a very engaging night, given the fact all people attending are already involved in the bitcoin community.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:37:50 PM

aaaaaannnnndddd whooooooo cares !! i don't even bother reading all these books... just gonna keep cheerleading and accumulating ,unlike you children with your extreme anxiety over your lost life savings .... i have no doubt the devs are working hard and don't bother posting senseless posts every day just to get the debbie downer group to go on full retard attack...

Lost life savings?  Do you actually believe that half of these FUDsters have really anything invested in VRC?  I mean, who in their right mind would spend so many hours trying to publicly defame or discredit a group of hardworking individuals (i.e. the VRC devs) in whom they've invested their own money?  Judging from a significant amount of past experience combined with due diligence in reading stock message boards like RagingBull.com and SiliconInvestor.com, people like altcoinUK are probably being paid to bash VeriCoin.

Anyway, I don't really like cheerleading or any kind of emotional misrepresentation.  I'm just passionate about the numbers because the numbers don't lie.

onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:40:31 PM

Well, sorry it took me a few moments to provide a recap to the MN State Fair event. It was a long day, long night and I had some family things to attend to this morning before finally getting back to my computer.

Overall I would say the event was a success! I'll be honest and admit there were some things that could have gone better. At the same time we had some good surprises too. So yeah, there were both good and bad surprises, which during an event like this would be expected.

I'll start with the unexpected "bad stuff" first and end with the positive second.

So just to remind people - our Vericoin booth was part of a bigger booth titled the "MN World Fair Expo 2023" aka Expo 2023. The purpose of Expo 2023 is to raise awareness/donations for Minnesota to host the World Fair in 2023. So part of the reason they were excited to have Vericoin be part of the booth was to display "future technology" like digital currencies and 3D printing (for example). So with that being said - they had our Vericoin booth tucked behind everything going on with Expo 2023. I was hoping we'd have more front and center space, which we did not, which was disappointing. I took to MS Paint with my pro graphics design skills to show what the set up looked like:

The brownish/red rectangles were the entrance to the building. Red lines was the way traffic was moving. The blue rectangle was our booth. The black circles on the outside black line was were Expo 2023 posted informational stations. And the orange circles were Expo 2023 volunteers.

With them being all over the place we had no chance to get people to actually come into the area and talk to us about Vericoin. So as a result we had to ditch hanging out behind a table and just force ourselves front and center to stay engaged with everyone walking by. The blue circles where were my friend Jake and I were mainly standing.

So with all that in mind - we basically stood front and center with the laminated Vericoin Flyers, business cards and our phones with VRC loaded into them in hand. Nothing really changed in the sense we talked to as many people as we could about VRC. The disappointing part was the fact we couldn't pull people in to sign-up for the drawing, which to be honest no one really was interested in doing anyway. Which meant we were unable to collect any information to follow-up with people on a mass scale.

So this second "bad piece" was by far the biggest issue of the whole day. There were times when no one could use their phones! We did not see this coming but due to the mass amount of people in such a compacted area (there were seriously tens of thousands of people everywhere) - there were times when no one could get 3G/4G connections to work. It was taking anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes for people to actually get a connection and download the VRC wallet, at the best times! There were a handful of people who were patiently trying (one family stuck around for probably 15 minutes) but just straight up couldn't get a connection at all. We tried walking outside, going around the corner but no matter where you went there were just mass amounts of people everywhere!! So that was a huge unexpected surprise. For those who were interested in collecting some VRC but couldn't receive any - I handed them my personal information and asked them to contact me personally. There were about 5-6 people who seemed interested in following-up - we'll see if they do.

I will also admit when I am wrong. Both altcoinUK and buy4crypto talked days before the event how handing out $1-5 was so insignificant people wouldn't be interested. Being that I work marketing events all the time and see the hoops people will jump through to receive: a sticker, a free candy bar, a free pen, etc. - I thought we'd have no problem handing out $1-5 free dollars in Vericoin. Well they were absolutely correct that people had no interest in that. We had to bump the price tag up to $25/person and even then most people weren't interested in talking. So instead of doing the high volume/high mass interaction as we had planned - we changed gears and did the quality vs. quantity piece. The only people we handed out VRC to were people we spent a good 5-15 minutes talking to us which was really the time it took for them to get the wallet downloaded, account registered, and Vericoin sent over anyway. As a result - depending on how many people do actually follow-up. We have almost half our VRC stash 5,900 left over from the event. I'm going to leave this for another discussion but I am thinking there is 1 of 2 solutions to having this left over VRC. I'm happy to provide a refund to those who donated. Surprisingly enough I know where about 85% of the VRC came from - so given the fact we started the day with a little less than 12,000 VRC I can pretty much give back everyone 1/2 of what they donated. Or I can rollover this stash for the next event I have coming up on 9/4/14. I will only take feedback from those who donated as far as what to do with this. I am open to either idea.

Whew... ok. So I want to turn my attention towards what went well. For the matter of time/space I am going to be more brief on the good parts. I know I was a bit heavy on the details explaining what didn't go as planned above. But again, please realize we had a wonderful day and really felt the event went well. I am not just saying that because I ran it - it was an awesome day!

First piece being: we had some REALLY good conversations with a lot of people. Even though we didn't hand us as much VRC as we anticipated don't let that fool you into thinking we didn't talk to a lot of people, because we did! iPhones, dumbphones, no phones obviously kept many people from receiving any VRC during the event. We made sure to get them the proper information to read more about Vericoin, showed them the website, and gave them contact information to follow-up with, with any questions.

A big positive was the fact all the Expo 2023 volunteers were willing to help us pass out Vericoin business cards. So even though they did get in the way of blocking our booth and really had their own agenda - they were still nice in helping us pass out business cards and were helping pull people in to hear about Vericoin. That was a nice surprise. Also with the remaining 100-150 business cards we had - the Expo 2023 booth said to leave them there and that they would pass them out over the remaining 2 days.

Probably the best surprise of all was that we had a great interview with the Minnesota Secretary of State who was at the event briefly to help support Minnesota businesses. This is something that was recorded and will be edited down. As soon as I have a copy of this piece I will be passing it along to the Vericoin community. The best part of the interview was that he specifically continued to refer to Vericoin (not bitcoin) as a way to help businesses grow. All in all we recorded for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what the final piece will look like. We also had some great photos during the day - which again are coming from multiple sources and will be passed along when all collected.

I also talked to a few people who seem interested in investing some money into VRC. This is not on any large scale but I do believe as a result of the event we will be getting a few more thousand dollars invested in the coin. I am following up with these people personally and am going to help them get accounts set up to move forward.

I am going to just leave it at that for now. I know this is (another) long post by me. So much time and effort went into planning this event and I really do appreciate everyone help! I don't want to just forget about it and move on but at the same time - I have the next event for VRC coming up in 5 days! 9/4/14 I am hosting my bitcoin meetup's group next meeting to discuss all alt coins, obviously I'll be talking VRC - and should have a very engaging night, given the fact all people attending are already involved in the bitcoin community.

Wow! Wouldn't that be cool if a whole city adopted VeriCoin over Bitcoin? Hmmm...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
kasman5

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:49:16 PM

Good work Xosihc!! A few glitches here and there but overall sounds very positive. I think we got a good insight into how tough getting the general public into to digital currency is. Looking forward to seeing the photos and hopefully we can use them to show how friendly the community is underneath all the trolling lol

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

Well Xoshic, once again, like I told you the moment you posted you were going to do the event, for anything under $20.00 or 25.00, no one would bother. But you knew better, of course. Just like you knew better giving away the stuff you did instead of a pamphlet with content that would have hit home from the get go WITH ALL, not just the more or less already interested people. You, of course, knew better...

There's not going to be any follow up of any kind, I would venture because even the people you talked to for 15 minutes or more, didn't get a thing, obviously. AND, if they even bother to visit the webpage, they will run, not walk, in view of the absurdly incomprehensible mumbo-jumbo there. But you, and the authors of the content in the site, also know much better.

Geniuses, you all.

Fortunately, you had a great time so you will continue doing similar things. Next one, much more familiar territory... but you will have considerably harder time trying to convince them that Vericoin is the future... because, you know, they really KNOW better.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:13:21 PM

Wow! Wouldn't that be cool if a whole city adopted VeriCoin over Bitcoin? Hmmm...

Good work Xosihc!! A few glitches here and there but overall sounds very positive. I think we got a good insight into how tough getting the general public into to digital currency is. Looking forward to seeing the photos and hopefully we can use them to show how friendly the community is underneath all the trolling lol

A few interesting points that I also took away from the event. I am constantly reminded how many people STILL have never heard of bitcoin, never the less an altcoin. I'm so used to all my friends, family and peers knowing about bitcoin (and other coins) due to me being so heavily invested in the community. Then I remove myself from my normal surroundings and find that probably 1 in 2 people yesterday still said they had not even heard of bitcoin.

Out of the other 50% of people that had actually heard of bitcoin - their response to me asking "have you ever heard of bitcoin?" was 90% of the time "oh, i thought that it went away". or "oh, didn't they all get taken or something?"

What this is telling me is the mass public still #1 doesn't even know ANY digital currencies are available and #2 for those who have heard of bitcoin or any digital currency - they are massively misinformed. There is no easy way to change this other than to get out there and continue to work on talking to people and educating people. It's an uphill battle but hey, many great ideas start this way.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:16:09 PM

Well Xoshic, once again, like I told you the moment you posted you were going to do the event, for anything under $20.00 or 25.00, no one would bother. But you knew better, of course. Just like you knew better giving away the stuff you did instead of a pamphlet with content that would have hit home from the get go WITH ALL, not just the more or less already interested people. You, of course, knew better...

There's not going to be any follow up of any kind, I would venture because even the people you talked to for 15 minutes or more, didn't get a thing, obviously. AND, if they even bother to visit the webpage, they will run, not walk, in view of the absurdly incomprehensible mumbo-jumbo there. But you, and the authors of the content in the site, also know much better.

Geniuses, you all.

Fortunately, you had a great time so you will continue doing similar things. Next one, much more familiar territory... but you will have considerably harder time trying to convince them that Vericoin is the future... because, you know, they really KNOW better.

There's not going to be any follow up of any kind

Funny, I already spoke to 2 people today from the event yesterday. Keep up the trolling though - our community needs people like you Wink
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:29:56 PM

Like I said: Geniuses you all... wow.
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: