Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

who get the coin>?

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:28:37 AM

Sorry for the long delay in responding everyone!  Everyone has to rest now and then  Tongue

who get the coin>?

Everyone who has Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin in their personal wallet was sent coins in the CLAMS chain.

I can understand this..
Is there Chinese translation

The short version: Import your privateKeys from your Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin wallet and your CLAMS will be there waiting for you.  If you are importing an entire wallet.dat file, it is important you also run the client with --salvagewallet.  This make it so that additional meta-data does not import from the other chain and mess things up.

As always, BACK-UP YOUR WALLET.DAT/PRIVATE KEYS.

mywallet and mypw are from the qt

Indeed, when mining at the pool you use a CLAMS receive address from the Client as your "worker name".  Any password will do, but remember that in the near future that password will likely be used to see personal mining statistics.

I would like to mine clams but i m new in mining and i don´t get it to run.
I tried a few miners to start with cmd but it don´t work.
Example:
guiminer.exe stratum+tcp://khashier.com:6666 -u mywallet -p mypw

I sent a PM.  Hope the links and such were helpful.  Feel free to message us back if you still have problems!

To everyone else, thanks for your interest!  This has been a long journey for us, and it touches our heart to see some interest Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:06:13 AM

i made the operation, i received 4 CLAM!! that's all?
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 02:37:50 AM

i made the operation, but i received 4 CLAM!! that's all?

Well, that depends.  If you only had one unspent output associated with one address in only one chain (Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin) then unfortunately, yes.

Something to remember:

People have grown used to niche altcoin launches.  
The way this normally goes is that a few dozen or hundred or POSSIBLY thousand people mine heaping piles of coins.

What this means for value is that when the coin enter the market there are a select group of people that have very large piles of the coin.
We won't even speak about pre-mine and bounties.

To make matters more confusing, many altcoins have Billions (with a B) of coins.  Some, hundreds of Billions.
That is 1,000,000,000 <--- 1 Billion.

So if we do the math, and even assume that say 10,000 people mine the coin:
1 Billion / 10,000 = an average of 100,000 coins each.

Sounds great, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, not really.

There are a few problems with such a situation.
A single person who happens to have say a million or many millions of coins can sell at the market and manipulate the price.
They have control.

In addition, they don't actually have more Value in those coins.
The total number of coins in the market available for purchase (or supply) has a very large impact on the Value a single coin might hold.

CLAMS has ~15 Million (with an M) total coins.
A number quite close to Bitcoin's current money supply.

More importantly, it was designed to be distributed in reasonable chunks to many many people.
We are talking about every single person holding a balance in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin.
Three generations of the crypto-currency user-base.

^ That is what we believe the difference is....
We could have chosen to make billions of coins and send everyone thousands of coins.

We chose not to; because although it feels nice to see a big number in your wallet: No one turns down a Bitcoin  Wink Wink

noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:24:19 AM

crash then "warning error reading wallet.dat" is all I get  Huh
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:27:26 AM

crash then "warning error reading wallet.dat" is all I get  Huh

Thanks for taking the time to give it a go Smiley

Could you please check that you started the client with the --salvagewallet argument?

WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:31:37 AM

nice work  Grin

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
noelmal

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:07:14 AM

crash then "warning error reading wallet.dat" is all I get  Huh

Thanks for taking the time to give it a go Smiley

Could you please check that you started the client with the --salvagewallet argument?

ok got it workin had missed a space in commandline  Embarrassed
noelmal

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:18:20 AM

So!  We took the Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin block chains, found every address(PubKey) with a balance above dust, and sent each and every one of them a little over ~4.6 CLAMS each.  It isn't perfect, but it includes everyone.

You sure you guys did it this way? (Well its easily tested to see if you did it this way).
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:31:46 AM

So!  We took the Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin block chains, found every address(PubKey) with a balance above dust, and sent each and every one of them a little over ~4.6 CLAMS each.  It isn't perfect, but it includes everyone.

You sure you guys did it this way? (Well its easily tested to see if you did it this way).

Not sure how else one could go about it.

We used open source tools to parse the block chains and retrieve all unspent outputs will balances over the dust limit.

In other news,

Please Welcome AGX.io to the CLAM Community Smiley

I am certain everyone will welcome a place to buy more CLAMS!
Their consideration of CLAMS is greatly appreciated Smiley

Vitalogy

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:16:35 AM

You can vote to add CLAM to ShareXcoin: https://sharexcoin.com/votings?coin=CLAM

Trading fee only 0.1%. Profit shared between FeeShare holders.

phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:27:04 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 08:41:51 AM by phzi

Amusing idea, but the OP needs to make clear how the coins are distributed.

~4CLAM are given for each unique txout, unique address, or by balance?  If it's by txout, then this is a HUGE scam... If it's by address, then this is a HUGE scam...  Why?  Because anyone who designed this coin and had half a brain would have split up a million Doge into a million wallets, and had 4 million clams...

---

When importing, the debug.log shows a LOT of exceptions being throw:
Code:
******* exception encountered *******
ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue too high

ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue negative

(This goes on for pages).  Something buggy happening during the import scans?
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:34:06 AM

~4CLAM are given for each unique txout, unique address, or by balance?  If it's by txout, then this is a HUGE scam... If it's by address, then this is a HUGE scam...  Why?  Because anyone who designed this coin and had half a brain would have split up a million Doge into a million wallets, and had 4 million clams...

---

Code:

Did you run -salvagewallet during the first load? Otherwise your wallet.dat will hold tx information for invalid tx's, thus the "too high" and "negative" errors i suspect.

Also I was wondering about the dogecoin make a million address thing myself. While still costing a good amount in fee's, especially if you wanted to try to redeem those 1M 1 dogecoin addresses, you'd stand to gain more if things were to take off.  

If everything is correct I believe the majority of the address's must have came from the bitcoin blockchain. I say this because according to what Im seeing there are not enough addresses with positive values on the other chains. Keep in mind the block chains I'm parsing would not be in sync with the blockchains that the clam devs used so this is currently just a guestement at best.  

Ive been playing around with the one of the block chain parser and Bitcoin has currently over 2.7M addresses with balances above 0, which would be the majority of the ~3.1M Clams addresses distributed too. I don't claim to the accuracy of said parser I used but I checked a few of my addresses in the list and the balances were correct.  

If thats true, which intuition based on observation is suggesting is, that only leaves ~400k addresses between Litecoin and Dogecoin. I've yet to parse their blockchains but if the numbers on there chains are correct Litecoin and Dogecoin only add up to ~400k of the ~3.1M.

It would seem the majority of the coins went to Bitcoin holders.

I'm working on a script to test that, convert the address back to ripemd160 -> back to bitcoin and then see if it was a used address on blockchain.com

I'd be happy to provide the script for anyone interested, although I warn you, its in Go.

Edit: Clam Devs, the source used to create the original send would be very helpful as the current block-chains will be out of sync and not provide an accurate picture

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:04:05 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 12:16:50 PM by SuperClam

---
Code:
Did you run -salvagewallet during the first load? Otherwise your wallet.dat will hold tx information for invalid tx's, thus the "too high" and "negative" errors i suspect.
Also I was wondering about the dogecoin make a million address thing myself. While still costing a good amount in fee's, especially if you wanted to try to redeem those 1M 1 dogecoin addresses, you'd stand to gain more if things were to take off.
If everything is correct I believe the majority of the address's must have came from the bitcoin blockchain. I say this because according to what Im seeing there are not enough addresses with positive values on the other chains. Keep in mind the block chains I'm parsing would not be in sync with the blockchains that the clam devs used so this is currently just a guestement at best.  
Ive been playing around with the one of the block chain parser and Bitcoin has currently over 2.7M addresses with balances above 0, which would be the majority of the ~3.1M Clams addresses distributed too. I don't claim to the accuracy of said parser I used but I checked a few of my addresses in the list and the balances were correct.  
If thats true, which intuition based on observation is suggesting is, that only leaves ~400k addresses between Litecoin and Dogecoin. I've yet to parse their blockchains but if the numbers on there chains are correct Litecoin and Dogecoin only add up to ~400k of the ~3.1M.
It would seem the majority of the coins went to Bitcoin holders.
I'm working on a script to test that, convert the address back to ripemd160 -> back to bitcoin and then see if it was a used address on blockchain.com
I'd be happy to provide the script for anyone interested, although I warn you, its in Go.
Edit: Clam Devs, the source used to create the original send would be very helpful as the current block-chains will be out of sync and not provide an accurate picture

Your both right!
Well, your both PARTIALLY right, and wrong Tongue

First, the errors in the first quote: ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() .....

These are precisely the type of errors one would likely get if they attempted to import a wallet.dat file into CLAMS without the --salvagewallet command.  A wallet file contains much more than simply the privateKeys, and this extra meta-data (which doesn't exist in the CLAMS chain) causes a bit of fuss if without the above argument.

~4CLAM are given for each unique txout, unique address, or by balance?  If it's by txout, then this is a HUGE scam... If it's by address, then this is a HUGE scam...

We expected this type of response from the outset of the project. We don't blame folks, who have a huge balance of Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin, for being a bit upset and Angry that we didn't base the CLAM network sends on their balance.  Afterall, you DESERVE more CLAMS, yes?

There is a small problem with the above statement, however.  You don't.  Sorry  Cry  
If you have a very large balance in Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin you absolutely DO deserve all the Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin you've earned!  

Accruing Crypto is a tough business!  But that does not entitle you to a larger share of CLAMS, unfortunately.

FACT: Our first proto-type of the data dumps from the Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin chains were based on balance.
FACT: It was a horrible idea.
FACT: The U.S. Government currently controls over 213,000 Bitcoin THAT WE KNOW ABOUT.
FACT: The top 100 Addresses in Bitcoin control around 15~20% of all Bitcoin in existence.
FACT: The top 100 Addresses in Litecoin control around 40-50% of all Litecoin in existence.
FACT: The top 100 Addresses in Dogecoin control around 40-50% of all Dogecoin in existence.

The entire concept behind CLAMS was to distribute as many coins as possible to AS MANY PEOPLE as possible, given the astounding data resource of the block chain.

The entire concept behind CLAMS was NOT to distribute as many coins as possible to AS FEW PEOPLE as possible, given the above concentration of currency in the existing chains.

In fact, that imbalance of wealth in the existing chains is likely the primary REASON and SEED of the idea for CLAMS itself.

So, despite the fact that some users, who have very large balances in the original Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin chains, might not agree - we are sorry.  We're not giving you all of the CLAMS just because you own all of the Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin.  Sorry  Cry Cry Cry

We also, however, didn't exclude you (despite the fact that we did initially consider hand-picking and eliminating addresses with extremely large balances).

Finally, xploited is correct:
We didn't hand-pick or edit the data from dumps WHATSOEVER.  The data from the dumps and Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin block chains was taken verbatim without any edits, dust was eliminated, duplication was eliminated, and pubKeys were converted to the CLAMS network.

Simply by being so much larger, and more developed, this does mean that a very large majority of the addresses were Bitcoin addresses.
Without doing some conversion I don't know the exact number, but I think xploited's math is pretty darn close.  

Roughly 85~90% from Bitcoin and the remaining from Litecoin and Dogecoin sounds about right.

We didn't exclude anything from Litecoin and Dogecoin, Bitcoin is just that much bigger.

Cheers!

Final Note:
Let us clean up the code (Wasn't commented and was never meant to be seen by others) in our scripts, and we will release the scripts and such in the near future  Grin
We intended to eventually do so anyways Smiley

elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:33:36 PM

A chance to be;  Strange alt of the week  Cheesy
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

How do we know the dev didn't create 100 wallets with 100 addresses and send one doge coin to each address? That would give him 45 thousand clams.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:57:48 PM

How do we know the dev didn't create 100 wallets with 100 addresses and send one doge coin to each address? That would give him 45 thousand clams.

The simple answer? 
You can't.

The complicated answer?
- The block chain is public record. Period.
- Penny-attack protection code is designed to prevent tiny sends.
- The chains are public record, and can be reviewed. 
- As soon we get it together, the dump data and scripts used will be public record, and can be reviewed.

And of coarse there is the fact that one might be better off just buying the darn CLAMS, when you consider all the transaction fees and dust it would cost to send a gazillion 1 coin piles any wheres.

Oh, and of coarse I think user xploited brought up an interesting point as well, any size-able portion of CLAMS would either cost a small fortune to send out in the Bitcoin chain (because of penny attack protections) or make up a massive percentage of all Litecoin and Dogecoin addresses in existence (as the vast majority of addresses CLAMS were sent to were Bitcoin addresses due to the size of the Bitcoin chain).

bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

the vast majority of addresses CLAMS were sent to were Bitcoin addresses due to the size of the Bitcoin chain

I don't think many bitcoin users bother with alts, and there are numerous lost bitcoin keys together with old addresses that have not been used in years.

This should mean there will be significantly less clams claimed than the total created. What number of clams do you expect to be claimed within a year.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:11:35 PM

I think its a rather smart distribution method, will spread the coins far though only a small percentage would claim the coins. Also hard to cheat after the fact.

Though as I often argue does starting distribution even matter, once you can purchase it for btc (and thus fiat) it'll all go to a few hands anyway.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:14:57 PM

the vast majority of addresses CLAMS were sent to were Bitcoin addresses due to the size of the Bitcoin chain
I don't think many bitcoin users bother with alts, and there are numerous lost bitcoin keys together with old addresses that have not been used in years.
This should mean there will be significantly less clams claimed than the total created. What number of clams do you expect to be claimed within a year.

This is absolutely true.

In fact, it is one of the WONDROUS things about this distribution.

This should essentially make it so that inflation correlates, somewhat, to growth.

I.e.  

- The more users who redeem their coins, the more coins there are in circulation. (Supply)
- The more users who redeem their coins, the more users there are in circulation. (Demand)

As to a guess about how many coins are "lost" and how many will be 'claimed' (wrong word, as they can't be not "claimed", they already control them and just don't know it yet)?

Who knows?

We don't expect the total distribution of CLAMS to be massive, especially at first.

We hope the answer to the "claimed" question is a really really really big number  Grin
Once the word gets out...

For !!!SCIENCE!!! and !!!FUN!!! Grin Grin

^^^ Please ignore the Nerd reference above.

I think its a rather smart distribution method, will spread the coins far though only a small percentage would claim the coins. Also hard to cheat after the fact.

Though as I often argue does starting distribution even matter, once you can purchase it for btc (and thus fiat) it'll all go to a few hands anyway.

Thank you  Grin

We do too  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: