Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:36:27 PM

6/25 Alpha NEM Client is coming! I'm very very very excited about this!  Shocked

soundz DOPE

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Securities are a serious thing.  Ethereum has been having legal problems as it's based in Ontario (IIRC) and they have very strict laws when it comes to securities, crowd funding, et al.

The law is such is that coin developers have to remain anonymous, unless it's Ripple style premine. No legal issues in selling magical coins but the law comes down hard when it resembles securities and funding.

I think you are right here! If you quack like an IPO, and waddle like an IPO ...

Doesn't matter what the fine print says, NEM took payment and will deliver tokens. If a securities regulator used a common sense approach they would *probably* argue that NEM had an IPO.

When a business displays a sign like 'all care taken but no responsibility accepted' it is meaningless. If the law says you are responsible, that's the law, and displaying a sign that says otherwise wont save you in a court of law.

UtopianFuture is better off now that he is 'retired'.

This is a communal association. There was and is no company. If you collect money in the church for something good and there is no promise of return are you telling me it is an IPO?

There was no promise of return. Cryptos were raised for a common cause and about >2800 participants (socks or not) voluntarily put their faith on it that it will come into fruition for a new movement and not with a promise of profit.

That is the difference.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:47:33 PM

Securities are a serious thing.  Ethereum has been having legal problems as it's based in Ontario (IIRC) and they have very strict laws when it comes to securities, crowd funding, et al.

The law is such is that coin developers have to remain anonymous, unless it's Ripple style premine. No legal issues in selling magical coins but the law comes down hard when it resembles securities and funding.

I think you are right here! If you quack like an IPO, and waddle like an IPO ...

Doesn't matter what the fine print says, NEM took payment and will deliver tokens. If a securities regulator used a common sense approach they would *probably* argue that NEM had an IPO.

When a business displays a sign like 'all care taken but no responsibility accepted' it is meaningless. If the law says you are responsible, that's the law, and displaying a sign that says otherwise wont save you in a court of law.

This is a communal association. There was and is no company. If you collect money in the church for something good and there is no promise of return are you telling me it is an IPO?

There was no promise of return. Cryptos were raised for a common cause and about >2800 participants (socks or not) voluntarily put their faith on it that it will come into fruition for a new movement and not with a promise of profit.

That is the difference.

devs on their own say its IPO dude

~CfA~

Nope, the devs have said all along that is was a call of participation.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:49:43 PM

That is the difference.

~CfA~

rockethead's interpretation is correct. I read the fundraising page and there was no mention of IPO and it does sound like a participatory association. The auction later on can be interpreted as an IPO though so be careful with that.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

That is the difference.

~CfA~

Nope, the devs have said all along that is was a call of participation.

No, U r lying.  only UtopianFuture said its not IPO- because he considered it a SPP (SockPuppetParty)

other devmans always said IPO all the way through

~CfA~

Doesn't matter whether anyone calls it IPO or not. Fact is, there was no company. Cryptos raised were to fund the movement's cause and not for expectation of profit in return. That has been said by UP who initiated this project and was very crystal clear.

So if you think this is IPO, then return whatever back to the community. Someone will pick it up from you at cost and you can get lost forever.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:37:56 PM

CFA is back delivering fud, he'll try to drop the stake down to 17 so he can buy cheap.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:40:33 PM

CFA is back delivering fud, he'll try to drop the stake down to 17

Although I don't like when the price is falling, I wouldn't mind since I still have some buy offers at that price Cheesy and now when I've seen and tried the alpha it would be great opportunity.  Cool
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

Hello

Is nice to see NEM stake value increase but I think this could also lead to another problem
that the stake could become so expensive that other people will be reluctant to join.
The question is what(how) can we do to increase NEM user base even more before the
complete release of the coin and the NEM stake becomes to expensive (valuable)?!

a trusted member of the nem community could issue nem stakes on the AE divisible by 100 rather than 10. the stakes coming from the stakes to be auctioned or elsewhere. come distribution the devs distribute the stakes as they would to those who claimed plus the stakes to the trusted member who would then distribute the coins to those who claim the stakes that they bought off him. main distributor(who ever is in control of stakes) > ~10 stakes > sub distributor sells on AE(amounts down to .01 of a stake all set to sell at the market price set by the main market) > buyers,

buyers(nxt payed for stakes) > sub distributor > main distibutor

there is no extra work created for main devs/distributor, as it would be passed on to the sub distributor. every one with out enough to buy .1 on main market could buy on the mini market.

thoughts?

I think that would be a great idea! You could call it little NEM stake, to avoid confusion?

Anyone can issue mini-tokens as long as he is credible. XCP anyone ?

Hey folks, this is an idea that I brought up about a week ago. I am still very interested in helping out with this project. https://trello.com/c/dkIspdzc/111-split-up-1-stake-into-100-micro-stakes
My idea is to just split 1 NEMstake into 100 miniNEMstakes, the only issue I can see is trust. I also don't think we should be bothering the devs with this, they obviously have a lot going on right now.
Even at this time having miniNEMstakes isn't a huge priority, but I think it will become a bigger issue if the stake price keeps rising like I expect.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
dandruff1138

Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

Hello

Is nice to see NEM stake value increase but I think this could also lead to another problem
that the stake could become so expensive that other people will be reluctant to join.
The question is what(how) can we do to increase NEM user base even more before the
complete release of the coin and the NEM stake becomes to expensive (valuable)?!

a trusted member of the nem community could issue nem stakes on the AE divisible by 100 rather than 10. the stakes coming from the stakes to be auctioned or elsewhere. come distribution the devs distribute the stakes as they would to those who claimed plus the stakes to the trusted member who would then distribute the coins to those who claim the stakes that they bought off him. main distributor(who ever is in control of stakes) > ~10 stakes > sub distributor sells on AE(amounts down to .01 of a stake all set to sell at the market price set by the main market) > buyers,

there is no extra work created for main devs/distributor, as it would be passed on to the sub distributor. every one with out enough to buy .1 on main market could buy on the mini market.

thoughts?

I think that would be a great idea! You could call it little NEM stake, to avoid confusion?

Hey folks, this is an idea that I brought up about a week ago. I am still very interested in helping out with this project. https://trello.com/c/dkIspdzc/111-split-up-1-stake-into-100-micro-stakes
My idea is to just split 1 NEMstake into 100 miniNEMstakes, the only issue I can see is trust. I also don't think we should be bothering the devs with this, they obviously have a lot going on right now.
Even at this time having miniNEMstakes isn't a huge priority, but I think it will become a bigger issue if the stake price keeps rising like I expect.
I would be interested if this were to happen. Smiley

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:56:33 PM

That is for sure a nice idea but who is willing to sell his stake for this purpose?
I have only 1 stake and I don't want to sell it so how do you get this stake for distribution
unless you buy it from NXT AE or you already have some extra stake that you would like
to distribute?

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:58:40 PM

That is for sure a nice idea but who is willing to sell his stake for this purpose?
I have only 1 stake and I don't want to sell it so how do you get this stake for distribution
unless you buy it from NXT AE or you already have some extra stake that you would like
to distribute?

Not only sell his stake but also pay 1000 NXT to issue an asset Smiley

Deutsche-Hantelbank

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:07:56 PM

to distribute?

Not only sell his stake but also pay 1000 NXT to issue an asset Smiley

just buy one on the ae create asset and set the price +1000 fee and whatever markup. should not be a problem.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:09:03 PM

Hello

thoughts?

this is nice idea, keep going forward Wink

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

in my asset exchange I have this:

NRS Version Outdated!

when I tried to update I received this:

The hash of the downloaded update does not equal the one supplied by the blockchain. Aborting update.

what should I do, do I need to update as it does not happen

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:31:00 PM

I use version 1.1.3
I hope it will work ok since I already bought a nemstake with it.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

NRS Version Outdated!

The hash of the downloaded update does not equal the one supplied by the blockchain. Aborting update.

download new version 1.2.2 from http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:49:11 PM

NRS Version Outdated!

download new version 1.2.2 from http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

Is that mandatory update or will 1.1.3 version work good too?
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:05:25 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 06:34:12 PM by Eadeqa

I tried transferring one of my Nem token to a different account and see

"NEMstake - 0 available for transfer (1 total)"

Why is that? I know I have 1 token in that account. Why does it say  "0 available for transfer"

Edit nevermind: I have open order for it (200,000 Nxt) I forget I put an open order long time ago

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:29:24 PM

How is the alpha testing going on? Will it be possible to redeem my stake now? I have not asked for the NXT token, and I will relax only when I have my coins in my wallet.
dandruff1138

Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:33:10 PM

How is the alpha testing going on? Will it be possible to redeem my stake now? I have not asked for the NXT token, and I will relax only when I have my coins in my wallet.

I am not a stake holder, but I am inquiring on buying some from current stakeholders, but it was my understanding distribution wasn't until public rollout in August-time...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: