Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2983906 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xadidos

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:44:59 PM

Sounds like you dont have the latest version of java.

You need at least 1.8

thanks, i have 1.7.0_45.. can you maybe give me link to download 1.8 ? thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:46:21 PM

Its all good thanks, do i have to perform a "boot local node" every time i start the client?
I wasnt sure if the nodename was one i had to connect to or create myself! lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Exergy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

Sounds like you dont have the latest version of java.

You need at least 1.8

thanks, i have 1.7.0_45.. can you maybe give me link to download 1.8 ? thanks

Sure, see here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:49:57 PM

Its all good thanks, do i have to perform a "boot local node" every time i start the client?
I wasnt sure if the nodename was one i had to connect to or create myself! lol

if you mean after you shut everything down, then yes, but if you only shutdown NCC and leave NIS running then no
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:22:55 PM

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

You mean loi's logo, right? this one:

It's neat!

I like that one the most!
the cube is minimalistic and and still has enough character!
same goes for the font.
& of course the angle fits nicely between both.

I like Loi's designs and have a lot of respect for him as a designer/UX guy. He's really good.

I like the text in this logo, but the box doesn't really seem to mean anything to me or represent a symbol relating to an economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity.

So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM).

Loi: You are a great designer and we all love you. We wish you would be more active in our movement and help us create a new economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity. I think Tomoe represents these ideals. Do you think you could try to (it doesn't have to be today or this week, just when you have the time) use tomoe as a base for a logo and build something? One of the comments that repeatedly came up in the logo committee was that rather than just using text (i.e., NEM) as a base for a logo, it might be better to use something else. Therefore, I propose using tomoe as the base (it is okay to have something like NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT underneath or something), rather than text; not everyone speaks english or uses latin characters, so I would prefer to not have text be a main part of a logo/symbol.

For now, some people like the logo, some people don't, but let's keep the discussion productive and try to reach a consensus as a community as to what represents our movement and try to focus the design from there. I think tomoe (3 parts united in balance) is the way to go, though there are many variations we can do with that.

Guys (and our few female nemsters--we need more of you!), enjoy the alpha. The is just the beginning!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
gwinevere

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:25:42 PM

Transactions work, 3 incoming and 3 outgoing.
When I click the Client Info, I get: "ERROR 306 Unexpected error occurred, sorry for this"
I installed jdk-8u5-windows-x64.exe, is that the right package?
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:31:06 PM

Send me NEMoney plsssssss yahhhhhhhh
its nice to see all the effort that the devs have poured into this client.
Some things are just worth waiting yah know.

This WALLET is awesome Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
eldinhadz

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:34:03 PM

Is this a TEST-NET BlockChain, or is this the real NEM BlockChain ?
mrvegad

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:35:31 PM

Test, these are play nem's
mrvegad

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

When I click the Client Info, I get: "ERROR 306 Unexpected error occurred, sorry for this"

come to our irc channel and we can help you #ournem
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:37:14 PM

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

I like Loi's designs and have a lot of respect for him as a designer/UX guy. He's really good.

I like the text in this logo, but the box doesn't really seem to mean anything to me or represent a symbol relating to an economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity.

So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM).

Loi: You are a great designer and we all love you. We wish you would be more active in our movement and help us create a new economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity. I think Tomoe represents these ideals. Do you think you could try to (it doesn't have to be today or this week, just when you have the time) use tomoe as a base for a logo and build something? One of the comments that repeatedly came up in the logo committee was that rather than just using text (i.e., NEM) as a base for a logo, it might be better to use something else. Therefore, I propose using tomoe as the base (it is okay to have something like NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT underneath or something), rather than text; not everyone speaks english or uses latin characters, so I would prefer to not have text be a main part of a logo/symbol.

For now, some people like the logo, some people don't, but let's keep the discussion productive and try to reach a consensus as a community as to what represents our movement and try to focus the design from there. I think tomoe (3 parts united in balance) is the way to go, though there are many variations we can do with that.

Guys (and our few female nemsters--we need more of you!), enjoy the alpha. The is just the beginning!

How about you write the text requirements for a 99 design/ design crowd contest so that many designers can join and present his works? IMO imposing the Tomoe shape on the designers is too limiting and not every designers, especially artistic (and very good) ones would not want to work under these limiting conditions.

Ideally you write the texts expressing the ideas you want the symbol to convey and let the artist/ designer do the works. Letting the cook pick the ingredients seems smarter to me because they know which element works best together.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
eldinhadz

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:39:21 PM

And when comes the Real NEM
gwinevere

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

When I view Transaction Details, some of the Transaction ID's are negative.
Is that an arithmetic overflow, or is it normal and we are using signed integers?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:43:20 PM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

How about you write the text requirements for a 99 design/ design crowd contest so that many designers can join and present his works? IMO imposing the Tomoe shape on the designers is too limiting and not every designers, especially artistic (and very good) ones would not want to work under these limiting conditions.

Ideally you write the texts expressing the ideas you want the symbol to convey and let the artist/ designer do the works. Letting the cook pick the ingredients seems smarter to me.

This is reasonable, but rather than outsourcing to 99 design, we should try to get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run. Loi is a good designer, but not sure how much interest he has in crypto/economic systems/shaping the future of the world (hopefully he is interested!).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
mrvegad

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:45:37 PM

And when comes the Real NEM

I am not sure if they decided it
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

Ideally you write the texts expressing the ideas you want the symbol to convey and let the artist/ designer do the works. Letting the cook pick the ingredients seems smarter to me.

This is reasonable, but rather than outsourcing to 99 design, we should try to get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run. Loi is a good designer, but not sure how much interest he has in crypto/economic systems/shaping the future of the world (hopefully he is interested!).

Logo is a specific component that is ideally being done by a very competent designer. What do you mean by "get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run" ?

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

I think the logo design is nice, but who choose those colours? Green, Orange & Purple? That's a horrible colour combination in my opinion.

The logo could look really sharp with the right colours, but as is it doesn't look good or professional. Maybe you guys need help from someone with a better eye for aesthetics/design.

You have got to be kiddin me.

NEM is totally new and it's logo should be totally original IMHO.  do 99 designs, have a competition for the bounty and you will have a masterful and original NEM logo Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7498891#msg7498891

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:19:34 AM by haggis

I love the client! Very nice design and great landing page.  Kiss

Same here. From terminal:
Code:
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.g cF
INFORMATION:
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.connector.a isConnected
INFORMATION: Requesting NIS <http://localhost:7890/heartbeat>
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.connector.a a
INFORMATION: Requesting NIS <http://localhost:7890/node/extended-info>
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.e a
INFORMATION: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.nem.ncc.view.NodeIdentity cannot be cast to org.nem.ncc.connector.Node

The only issue with the UI is the visibility of the account menu in the upper right, which stays out of scope on window dimensions < 1200px.
However, this is just a minor thing and I'm so excited such a thing is the only one I can complain for now.  Tongue
mrvegad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:13:58 AM

I love the client! Very nice design and great landing page.  Kiss

Same here. From terminal:
Code:
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.g cF
INFORMATION:
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.connector.a isConnected
INFORMATION: Requesting NIS <http://localhost:7890/heartbeat>
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.connector.a a
INFORMATION: Requesting NIS <http://localhost:7890/node/extended-info>
Jun 26, 2014 2:01:01 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.e a
INFORMATION: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.nem.ncc.view.NodeIdentity cannot be cast to org.nem.ncc.connector.Node

The only issue with the UI is the visibility of the account menu in the upper right, which stays out of scope on window dimensions < 1200px.
However, this is just a minor thing and I'm so excited such a thing is the only one I can complain for now.  Tongue

Did you start NIS and let it load before starting NCC?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:16:32 AM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

Logo is a specific component that is ideally being done by a very competent designer. What do you mean by "get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run" ?

Are you on the logo committee? If not, please join!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: